FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Ladies on SSRIs

Ladies on SSRIs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Maybe not the best place to post but hey ho...

Don't want to go into too much detail but is there any women on here from ssris especially citalopram that have figured out how to counteract the suppression of orgasm?

Had anyone changed meds or found a solution?

Spanks....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *JcouplemidlandsCouple  over a year ago

Peak District

May not be useful but from a male perspective I was the same when I first started taking Citalopram especially when the dose increased. I am now completely back to normal so perhaps it just takes time for your body to get used to it

J x

Iv been on 10mg to 20mg for 12 years.... that with the mini pill crushes my ability to come x

Switching to an IUD for contraception but I still think the citalopram will cause issues but I'm definitely not in a position to stop it and getting a GP appointment to discuss is like getting a lotto win lol x thank you I appreciate your input x

By *JcouplemidlandsCouple  over a year ago

Peak District

"Iv been on 10mg to 20mg for 12 years.... that with the mini pill crushes my ability to come x

Switching to an IUD for contraception but I still think the citalopram will cause issues but I'm definitely not in a position to stop it and getting a GP appointment to discuss is like getting a lotto win lol x thank you I appreciate your input x"

No problem, didn't know if it would help but thought I'd mention it incase you hadn't been on them long and it might of sorted itself out. Completely agree it's not a good idea to just stop them, I've forgotten them when I've been on holiday before and it wasn't good! I really hope you get sorted soon x

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I've never got on with Citalopram. I take Paroxetine and found it doesn't affect my sex drive, or how much I enjoy sex.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I stopped taking it for that reason. I just couldn’t orgasm no matter what I did. My mental health is tricky and I try manage with talking therapy, CBD oil and just general awareness and monitoring of my symptoms/behaviour. Not ideal and wouldn’t work for everyone.

I feel for you. I was miserable when it was happening to me.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

All the time I took anything like that I really wasn't very interested in sex and certainly never got close to orgasm.

I actually discovered my issues were vitamin deficiency, and the mental health was a symptom. I'm like a different person now. I take alot of supplements and do my own B12 injections.

Might be something you could look into

By *oco_devilleWoman  over a year ago

Canterbury

Yesssss. I get this, i take 100mg Sertraline. Sometimes I can cum, but other times I just can’t, no matter what. It’s incredibly annoying

By *lice AgainTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Since my o/h has upped her sertraline it's really hard for her to cum.

I'm quite long lasting but it's not uncommon for me to cum, work on her with my fingers until I'm hard again and finally she cums on my second attempt.

I've suggested we try MMF/MMMF!

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Im on duloxetine was ok untill went on diabetic meds now its pants

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Both sertraline and citalopram affected orgasms for me. In the end i just stopped trying with orgasms. Enjoyed the other aspects of sex though.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I’ve been on Citalopram for nearly 10 years. My body went through a numb phase where nothing worked - my nipples lost all feeling. It took time & patience but everything works again now.

J x

By *umblebee1984Woman  over a year ago

NOTTINGHAM

I switched to sertraline. On 200mg a day. I still cum most of the time, but sometimes it just doesn't want to happen. But it's still fun trying

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

An interesting read. My wife has been on Citralopan and now Setraline for the best part of the last 15 years. She's strugled to orgasm and most of the time can be bothered to try but when she does it's very intense. However her sex drive has decreased markedly over the past couple of years and I can only really put it down to these drugs and the effect of the menopause. I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel, not just for her but both of us, it's not an easy time.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

"An interesting read. My wife has been on Citralopan and now Setraline for the best part of the last 15 years. She's strugled to orgasm and most of the time can be bothered to try but when she does it's very intense. However her sex drive has decreased markedly over the past couple of years and I can only really put it down to these drugs and the effect of the menopause. I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel, not just for her but both of us, it's not an easy time."

I was in a relationship when I was taking them and it really affected it. My sex drive was next to nothing and when we did have sex I couldn’t orgasm. It affected my partner too, that’s why I came off them. Not possible for everyone, but I was losing more than I was gaining.

"Maybe not the best place to post but hey ho...

Don't want to go into too much detail but is there any women on here from ssris especially citalopram that have figured out how to counteract the suppression of orgasm?

Had anyone changed meds or found a solution?

Spanks.... "

I recommend you buy a womaniser duo on LH with the fab discount. Expensive but the best investment you will ever make

By *odgerNbadgerCouple  over a year ago

Chepstow

I've been one SSRI or another since 1997. I can only really cum by myself with no distractions (thanks ADHD) and I can only do it once.

I hate that the only things keeping me alive have this side effect, I hate that orgasms are seen as unimportant when it comes to medicine and I hate that I can't cum like I did when I was 25. Don't know the answer though...

I was on sertraline for years. I couldn’t orgasm and it killed my sex drive completely. It has been patchy at best since stopping. Haven’t been on them for three years now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There have been a few posts on this, over the years. It may be useful if they can be found via searching

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I was taking Sertraline for years up until December 2020 and it didn't have any effect on my ability to orgasm or my sex drive. Using Depo as my contraception made my sex drive nose dive, I hadno interest in it but as soon as I changed to the coil it sky rocketed again

By *TastePurpleWoman  over a year ago

Wymondham

I have a lot of sympathy, I'm on citalopram but also oestradiol and testosterone blockers (transgender) , and between those I don't have much (spontaneous) sex drive and find it very difficult to orgasm.

I can still get horny but it's usually situational and a lot of my enjoyment of sex now is just having a good time, not necessarily expecting orgasm. I'm such a pain to get to come that I have a lot of anxiety about it, I need very specific stimulation to be able to (basically big anal toys/dick and a magic wand vibe).

I'm thinking of coming off SSRIs and seeing if I can manage without.

By *ofdiamondsMan  over a year ago

Between wisbech & Kings lynn

I didn't have any problem when on citalopram but have been on venlafaxine for a few years now and any time I change doses I struggle to cum for a while, can get it up and perform but that release is difficult for some reason.

I take citalopram and it makes it slightly harder for me to cum but not too bad. Oral and anal sex work the best for orgasms. I'm not sure if it's dampened my sex drive or not tbh. The pill wiped it out, I stopped taking it xx

Thanks all coming off the pill this week and seeing my GP tomorrow I shall look on LH too .....

» Add a new message to this topic