FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Support, maybe advice not swinging

Support, maybe advice not swinging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was wondering if those who's second language is English, find it difficult to communicate or 'get across' what they're trying to say in the forum's? Also if for those people, it's too intimidating to start a thread without massive judgement, if your grammar isn't spot on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edditchCouple8077Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

We facing this issue,sometimes we are miss understood, but mostly it’s hard to start conversation with new people.

As soon we pass this point is ok,but we think we loose lots of opportunities for good fun due this

"We facing this issue,sometimes we are miss understood, but mostly it’s hard to start conversation with new people.

As soon we pass this point is ok,but we think we loose lots of opportunities for good fun due this"

It wouldn't bother me, cos I always ask questions anyway, but I have noticed that some peoples posts struggle a bit.

Maybe those reading them, need to be a bit more patient and understanding.

In my opinion, I don't think those who's second language is English, have to change at all....

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

Not really, but I’ve been bilingual all my life. I’ve made the odd mistake when re-reading my posts (mostly typos) but no one has ever mentioned them.

People like my accent when I meet them in person.

By *isspurplechesterWoman  over a year ago

Chester

I’ve seen a few posts recently from people who’s first language clearly isn’t English, and tbh the responses haven’t sat well with me! I feel op’s choice of words have been jumped on, and it’s not ended well for them! And that’s sad! I’m dyslexic and struggle massively with words, so in a way I have an understanding of how hard it is to say what you want to say, and the feeling of being misunderstood! Good on those who continue to post tho, we all have a place here! I would reply to posts but never put my own up mind

"I’ve seen a few posts recently from people who’s first language clearly isn’t English, and tbh the responses haven’t sat well with me! I feel op’s choice of words have been jumped on, and it’s not ended well for them! And that’s sad! I’m dyslexic and struggle massively with words, so in a way I have an understanding of how hard it is to say what you want to say, and the feeling of being misunderstood! Good on those who continue to post tho, we all have a place here! I would reply to posts but never put my own up mind "

Thank you for being honest, I appreciate that.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

One of our hottest encounters was with a couple in a club for who English was clearly not their first language. So very little was said, it just kind of happened and it worked very well. Yet the communication was still all there, we were all on the same page, it just wasn't verbal. Afterward they disappeared and we didn't see them again. It also dispelled an idea we had that for things to work well you have to get to know people prior. Turns out basically there's no set rules, there's either chemistry and it works or it doesn't.

Definitely opened us up to the idea of visiting swingers clubs/resorts abroad where many people there may not share a common language with us.

"One of our hottest encounters was with a couple in a club for who English was clearly not their first language. So very little was said, it just kind of happened and it worked very well. Yet the communication was still all there, we were all on the same page, it just wasn't verbal. Afterward they disappeared and we didn't see them again. It also dispelled an idea we had that for things to work well you have to get to know people prior. Turns out basically there's no set rules, there's either chemistry and it works or it doesn't.

Definitely opened us up to the idea of visiting swingers clubs/resorts abroad where many people there may not share a common language with us."

What a great experience x

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

If it's any consolation at all, I often find it difficult to successfully communicate – both on here and in meatspace – and English is very much my first language.

I'm sorry you're finding it a struggle too, OP.

By *palgMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"I was wondering if those who's second language is English, find it difficult to communicate or 'get across' what they're trying to say in the forum's? Also if for those people, it's too intimidating to start a thread without massive judgement, if your grammar isn't spot on?"

I have been in this country long enough to have a good level of English grammar so I am ok communicating in the forums.

But I can imagine it being rather tricky for people who have not been in the country that long and who do not speak much English yet.

To be fair, I see enough misunderstandings and miscommunication between native English speakers on here as it is...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’ve seen a few posts recently from people who’s first language clearly isn’t English, and tbh the responses haven’t sat well with me! I feel op’s choice of words have been jumped on, and it’s not ended well for them! And that’s sad! I’m dyslexic and struggle massively with words, so in a way I have an understanding of how hard it is to say what you want to say, and the feeling of being misunderstood! Good on those who continue to post tho, we all have a place here! I would reply to posts but never put my own up mind "

Snap. X

Coventry

"One of our hottest encounters was with a couple in a club for who English was clearly not their first language. So very little was said, it just kind of happened and it worked very well. Yet the communication was still all there, we were all on the same page, it just wasn't verbal. Afterward they disappeared and we didn't see them again. It also dispelled an idea we had that for things to work well you have to get to know people prior. Turns out basically there's no set rules, there's either chemistry and it works or it doesn't.

Definitely opened us up to the idea of visiting swingers clubs/resorts abroad where many people there may not share a common language with us.

What a great experience x"

It really was

Coventry

"I’ve seen a few posts recently from people who’s first language clearly isn’t English, and tbh the responses haven’t sat well with me! I feel op’s choice of words have been jumped on, and it’s not ended well for them! And that’s sad! I’m dyslexic and struggle massively with words, so in a way I have an understanding of how hard it is to say what you want to say, and the feeling of being misunderstood! Good on those who continue to post tho, we all have a place here! I would reply to posts but never put my own up mind

Snap. X"

Me too (Mr). That's why I sometimes dispare at profiles that say about poor spelling etc will be rejected. Anyone with any understanding of language understands that correct spell, punctuation and not missing out (or repeating words) is not critical to understanding the content of the message (our brains are great at putting it together). So people can still know what I'm saying even though there may be errors. So it's OK with me, I just see it as a filter which works in my favour as well. If someone cares more for the accuracy of my English over the content of what I have to say then IMO it is them who are ignorant and they wouldn't be for me either.

"If it's any consolation at all, I often find it difficult to successfully communicate – both on here and in meatspace – and English is very much my first language.

I'm sorry you're finding it a struggle too, OP. "

Pmsl

"I’ve seen a few posts recently from people who’s first language clearly isn’t English, and tbh the responses haven’t sat well with me! I feel op’s choice of words have been jumped on, and it’s not ended well for them! And that’s sad! I’m dyslexic and struggle massively with words, so in a way I have an understanding of how hard it is to say what you want to say, and the feeling of being misunderstood! Good on those who continue to post tho, we all have a place here! I would reply to posts but never put my own up mind

Snap. X

Me too (Mr). That's why I sometimes dispare at profiles that say about poor spelling etc will be rejected. Anyone with any understanding of language understands that correct spell, punctuation and not missing out (or repeating words) is not critical to understanding the content of the message (our brains are great at putting it together). So people can still know what I'm saying even though there may be errors. So it's OK with me, I just see it as a filter which works in my favour as well. If someone cares more for the accuracy of my English over the content of what I have to say then IMO it is them who are ignorant and they wouldn't be for me either."

spot on x

By *edditchCouple8077Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

For us the biggest problem is ,when people use text language or some slangs.when we some words we are puzzled

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just post and ignore those that are shallow enought they have nothing better to do other than judge ..

i get called thick all the im on here due to the amount of spelling mistakes i make yet im in a highly qualified job with huge responsibilities ...mistakes do not make you thick or stupid so just post if you feel your being bullied because of grammer or spelling then report it as theres no need for it

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and if you said that English was your second language I would be very impressed. Your English is fantastic, I could barely survive in a non-English speaking country.

» Add a new message to this topic