FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Getting a paused conversation started again?

Getting a paused conversation started again?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arty84 OP   Man  over a year ago

Orpington

Hi guys!

Just seeing if people have any suggestions or ideas on how to best get a conversation continued on here?

So what seems to be happening to me lately is that I'm in a message chain with someone and all seems to be going well and it does feel like there is chemistry there and then nothing.

The last message I sent, just sits there unread, going unread for days, weeks etc.

Does anyone know a non-overbearing way to get things started again? I've tried using the wink, but still nothing and last thing I want to do is spam them with more messages, when I know they are probably sitting on loads.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think there is a way to restart a conversation like that. They've ignored your last message and your wink. Time to move on

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"Hi guys!

Just seeing if people have any suggestions or ideas on how to best get a conversation continued on here?

So what seems to be happening to me lately is that I'm in a message chain with someone and all seems to be going well and it does feel like there is chemistry there and then nothing.

The last message I sent, just sits there unread, going unread for days, weeks etc.

Does anyone know a non-overbearing way to get things started again? I've tried using the wink, but still nothing and last thing I want to do is spam them with more messages, when I know they are probably sitting on loads. "

Females and couples can get lots of messages so it's easy to overlook a few. That being said, if you send a polite follow-up and get the same it's safe to assume they're either away from the site for some reason or don't want to reply in which case you should leave it there.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

We get this a lot ourselves! If they’re still active on here, and haven’t read the message in a couple of weeks, I just delete the thread and move on as they’re clearly no longer interested Miss pc

By *ad_Bod_ToddMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

Hi OP,

I've had this both ways:

Conversation just stops when you think it's been going well. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt and assume that real life has intervened for them and leave it for a week or so. I'll occasionally send a short follow up message to ask if I am still of interest to them. If no response to that, then move on.

On the flip side I've sent a follow up message and received a reply saying that they'd been meaning to message me back but my message just kept on getting lost amongst all the others in their inbox. On that occasion we picked it back up and enjoyed a social together.

It is rare that I disagree with the sage advice of Nicecouple561 but sometimes (ok, once!) it worked for me to send a follow up. Only send one though and then call it a day, as other commenters above have said.

Also, I try to always make a private note against that user to the effect that they are not interested in me so that I don't waste their (or my) time again.

I hope this helps?

Best wishes.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I don't think there is a way to restart a conversation like that. They've ignored your last message and your wink. Time to move on "

This

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Move on

By *arty84 OP   Man  over a year ago

Orpington

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll give it another week or 2 and send one last message and if nothing still, I'll leave it at that.

» Add a new message to this topic