FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fat - how to get rid

Fat - how to get rid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK so I know this is a swinging site but Im hoping you lovely people will be able to give me some words of wisdom.

I'm very overweight due to a number of reasons. No excuses I need to lose probably 6 stone to be healthy. I hold it "mostly" around my tummy area, I look 9 months pregnant.

So my question is what is the best way to lose it from here? Im a couch potato, walking to and from the fridge is about as much exercise as I get, Im ashamed to say.

So peeps hit me up with your suggestions please, (be kind though), I know Ive brought this on myself and dont need to be fat shamed. Its taken me all day to pluck the courage to write this post!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Forgot to add Im thinking of joining a gym but no idea what exercises I should be doing there. I cant afford a PT so thats not an option.

By *urecvCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I wouldn't join a gym,small changes to food drink loads of water,walk fast enough till you sweat

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I've lost 4st this year using Cambridge Diet. I've also had success with Slimming World. For me I'd say the most important thing is that your head is in the right place before embarking on a weight loss journey. If you have an 'off day' just get back on plan the next day. Don't beat yourself up about it. Good luck OP x

By *ex-BombsCouple  over a year ago

Flitwick

Lots of walking and drinking plenty of water which also makes you pee more which in itself is a little more exercise as you’re getting up to go the loo! have you got a switch? The dance game is a brilliant form of exercise

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

80% diet.

20% exercise.

Drink more water.

Drink less alcohol.

Find a diet/lifestyle. Stick with it.

Consistency is key.

For me, I've lowered my carbs and increased my protein. This has been a huge game changer for me.

Good Luck. Wish you all the success x

Eat less move more, avoid any diet that cuts out a food group fuck slimming world and all that other nonsense any diet that has different “sins” for how you eat a banana is bat shit crazy a mashed banana contains no more or no less calories than a normal one, calculate your bmr, (base metabolic rate) then aim to eat 2-500 calories under it stay in a defecit, however if your currently eating say 3000 calories and your bmr is 2000 don’t just drop to 1500 straight away this will put you into extreme hunger mode, it’s not going to come of quickly and any liquid diet that can drop the weight quickly will joy keep it off, it’s why 95% of slimming world/juice plus diets end up being a yoyo

By *orch_three_jackdawsMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Have a look at the Keto diet.

It involves cutting out carbs, so no bread, pasta etc but lots of fats. So cheese, meats, bacon steak etc are all good.

It suits me down to the ground and you can lose lots of weight in a healthy manner.

It's also great for lowering cholesterol and for regulating your blood sugar.

If you need to know more just ask, I've done it years and my sister is a RN and also into it

It's easy to say eat less, do more etc.

Not so easy to keep up the motivation to do those things.

I'd suggest you set yourself a challenge. Something you don't think you could do but that if you worked towards it you could achieve in a year or so.

That would give you a focus to learn about how to get yourself in shape to achieve your goal and keep you motivated.

"Have a look at the Keto diet.

It involves cutting out carbs, so no bread, pasta etc but lots of fats. So cheese, meats, bacon steak etc are all good.

It suits me down to the ground and you can lose lots of weight in a healthy manner.

If you need to know more just ask, I've done it years and my sister is a RN and also into it"

Unless there’s a good reason to such as type 1 diabetes encouragement to give up a major part of the food chain is just dangerous keto can only be done as a complete lifestyle change not a short term diet and it needs to be monitored properly to ensure your eating the correct amount of carbs to stay in ketosis, you may as well tell her to eat 6 Mars bars a day, it’s still working her calorie defecit range and she will loose, will she be healthy nope but who cares right…

"I wouldn't join a gym,small changes to food drink loads of water,walk fast enough till you sweat"

Sadly it doesnt take much to make me sweat so there could be something in that, thank you.

"I've lost 4st this year using Cambridge Diet. I've also had success with Slimming World. For me I'd say the most important thing is that your head is in the right place before embarking on a weight loss journey. If you have an 'off day' just get back on plan the next day. Don't beat yourself up about it. Good luck OP x"

Wow congratulations on your weight loss! thats an amazing achievement. i wont join SW out of principle. went to one about a year ago and I was laughed at by the host so it put me off.

"Lots of walking and drinking plenty of water which also makes you pee more which in itself is a little more exercise as you’re getting up to go the loo! have you got a switch? The dance game is a brilliant form of exercise "

no switch im afraid, but i can do walking and drink more water. thats one thing i am guilty of, I probably only have one glass of water a day

"80% diet.

20% exercise.

Drink more water.

Drink less alcohol.

Find a diet/lifestyle. Stick with it.

Consistency is key.

For me, I've lowered my carbs and increased my protein. This has been a huge game changer for me.

Good Luck. Wish you all the success x"

I do find I am hungry alot of the time, well i think i am. then i realise i havent had any protein so its no wonder.

"Eat less move more, avoid any diet that cuts out a food group fuck slimming world and all that other nonsense any diet that has different “sins” for how you eat a banana is bat shit crazy a mashed banana contains no more or no less calories than a normal one, calculate your bmr, (base metabolic rate) then aim to eat 2-500 calories under it stay in a defecit, however if your currently eating say 3000 calories and your bmr is 2000 don’t just drop to 1500 straight away this will put you into extreme hunger mode, it’s not going to come of quickly and any liquid diet that can drop the weight quickly will joy keep it off, it’s why 95% of slimming world/juice plus diets end up being a yoyo"

ive been given a fitbit so think i need to put it to use. i dislike SW with a passion for the reason I gave above.

"Have a look at the Keto diet.

If you need to know more just ask, I've done it years and my sister is a RN and also into it"

im not sure i can do keto because ive had my gall bladder removed and am meant to avoid dairy stuff

"It's easy to say eat less, do more etc.

Not so easy to keep up the motivation to do those things.

I'd suggest you set yourself a challenge. Something you don't think you could do but that if you worked towards it you could achieve in a year or so.

That would give you a focus to learn about how to get yourself in shape to achieve your goal and keep you motivated."

Yes its easy to say isnt it, alot harder doing it. I think im finally in the right head space to tackle this head on now. A small weekly goal could work, thank you

You can’t lose fat in specific areas. Go for 30min walk five days a week and eat a calorie deficit diet of between 100-200 calories.

It will take time so be patient. Consistency is the key. Keep at it, but don’t beat yourself up if you have the occasional treat

"You can’t lose fat in specific areas. Go for 30min walk five days a week and eat a calorie deficit diet of between 100-200 calories.

It will take time so be patient. Consistency is the key. Keep at it, but don’t beat yourself up if you have the occasional treat "

got to keep telling myself its a marathon, not a sprint (just as well as i wouldnt get very far lol). i can do the walking, its the food i have the biggest problem with. like what do you eat? i know what i shouldnt eat, thats easy. its actually knowing whats good and making meals of them that i struggle with

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Eat less move more, avoid any diet that cuts out a food group fuck slimming world and all that other nonsense any diet that has different “sins” for how you eat a banana is bat shit crazy a mashed banana contains no more or no less calories than a normal one, calculate your bmr, (base metabolic rate) then aim to eat 2-500 calories under it stay in a defecit, however if your currently eating say 3000 calories and your bmr is 2000 don’t just drop to 1500 straight away this will put you into extreme hunger mode, it’s not going to come of quickly and any liquid diet that can drop the weight quickly will joy keep it off, it’s why 95% of slimming world/juice plus diets end up being a yoyo"

By *uyofthenorthMan  over a year ago

-

Keto was amazing for me, yes it does go back on when you start back on carbs, but I used it as a drastic thing, then just tailored off and started gym. Be warned though it’s addictive when the weight starts dropping off

"Keto was amazing for me, yes it does go back on when you start back on carbs, but I used it as a drastic thing, then just tailored off and started gym. Be warned though it’s addictive when the weight starts dropping off"

im not sure i do keto because of the lack of gall bladder. i think trying to just eat healthier is a start

Team RH on FB are amazingly helpful. I have lost 2 stone so far following them, I calorie track using my fitness pal and do atleast 15,000 steps a day. If I do 15,000 steps a day I can have 2500 kcal and have always lost week after week. I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all. I'm just being more active.

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

move the couch and the fridge further apart,,, lol snag is there is no easy answer as is most of it is genetic and many years of life style habits easy to get into but bloody hard to change,,, just dont buy the comfort food crisps pop etc... good luck,,,

By *irtySekretsCouple  over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

Slimming World without a doubt.

It really works. Exercise won’t make you lose weight. Eating and drinking the right things will.

You need to run a marathon to lose a single pound.

Eating the right things will make you lose weight.

Exercise will trim you up.

But you have to WANT to do it.

If you don’t try then you will never lose weight.

Good luck xxxxx

"Slimming World without a doubt.

It really works. Exercise won’t make you lose weight. Eating and drinking the right things will.

Good luck xxxxx"

Well none of that’s true,

slimming world is a fad designed to keep you on the program for life,

Exercise will 100% help you loose weight if you burn more then you take in you loose weight my diets barely changed if anything I’m eating more I hit the gym hard 5-6 days a week body fat dropped by 3%

This is your closest statement it does take 3500 calories burned to loose a pound of fat or 3500 excess eaten to gain a pound

However if you can get a deficit of 500 a day eaten that’s 1lb a week lost then burn off 3500 extra a week there’s another pound burnt of most people can loose 2-3 a week consistently

I want to lose weight and on recommendation of a friend have bought The Hairy Bikers diet books. I started my diet just over a week ago and lost 8lbs already. The recipes are easy to put together and don't need a lot of effort. The only downside of the recipes is nearly all are family size portions (4 or more) so I either downsize the ingredients to make a one person meal or make whatever it says and divide into individual portions to freeze or put by in the fridge.

Alcohol is a no-no but I don't mind that. Plus I've started to walk more.

Good luck with whichever diet you decide to use. Just remember to use mind over matter and have lots of will power. Make you mind up and you can do it xx

By *atnat85Woman  over a year ago

northwest

I concur TeamRH- sensible and achievable. You're in a calorie deficit but can still eat relatively normally, so you're less likely to binge as no food as restricted or shamed. Basically eat fibre and protein and stay within calorie goals. The weight didn't go on overnight and so won't go over night. Plus it's probs the cheapest "plan " out there x

By *irtySekretsCouple  over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

"Slimming World without a doubt.

Good luck xxxxx

Well none of that’s true,

slimming world is a fad designed to keep you on the program for life,

Exercise will 100% help you loose weight if you burn more then you take in you loose weight my diets barely changed if anything I’m eating more I hit the gym hard 5-6 days a week body fat dropped by 3%

This is your closest statement it does take 3500 calories burned to loose a pound of fat or 3500 excess eaten to gain a pound

However if you can get a deficit of 500 a day eaten that’s 1lb a week lost then burn off 3500 extra a week there’s another pound burnt of most people can loose 2-3 a week consistently

"

It is very true.

Been on it for 6 weeks. Lost 1.5 Stone.

Not eating shit.

Just change what you put in and you will see a difference

You have a wrong goal. Losing weight is wrong. Think about a healthy lifestyle. Weight loss will be a side effect of it. Healthy lifestyle is the combination of eating right and clean, burning calories(start light and build up from there), so you can boost your metabolism, water, sleep, reduce stress. Not easy to start, harder to keep going on . Once your brain will process it as being the norm, you'll not know other way. Good luck, don't give up, there is nothing more important than your health.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I lost some of my weight, not by changing what I ate drastically (though I did cut out things I didn't need like cake, chocolate, crisps and cans of ), but by just simply managing my portion sizes.

I didn't need to dish up such a large portion of food, I didn't need to go back for seconds, I didn't need to finish of my kids plates as I hated waste food.

That started the weight dropping off, and I started feeling better about myself and wanted to do more so I started eating more fruit, drinking more water, going for runs and doing yoga.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"OK so I know this is a swinging site but Im hoping you lovely people will be able to give me some words of wisdom.

I'm very overweight due to a number of reasons. No excuses I need to lose probably 6 stone to be healthy. I hold it "mostly" around my tummy area, I look 9 months pregnant.

So my question is what is the best way to lose it from here? Im a couch potato, walking to and from the fridge is about as much exercise as I get, Im ashamed to say.

So peeps hit me up with your suggestions please, (be kind though), I know Ive brought this on myself and dont need to be fat shamed. Its taken me all day to pluck the courage to write this post!

"

I'm absolutely not going to fat shame anyone. Firstly I don't care what size someone else is (we are all different) and secondly neither of us are skinny gym bods either. As long as you are happy in your own skin, that's all that matters and sod what anyone else has to say.

Whilst I don't know your situation, personally speaking, due to work, family and being carers we simply don't have the time nor energy to spend hours in the gym. We are as active as we can be given our situation but we found ways and means so shed some weight when we needed too and keep it off.

So our tips are as follows.

1) Calories. Learn how to count them. Work out your daily allowance and just make sure you take in less than that each day. Joining weight watchers (or other such clubs) can help with this a lot.

2) Adjust your diet. It's easy to say "eat healthy" but if you're working a 12 hour shift it isn't always practical. Personally I;d say "shop and cook smarter". But low fat, zero sugar alternatives. Avoid anything loaded with sugar. If you like 2 sugars in your coffee, change it to sweetener. Love chips? Just change to low fat oven chips (or air fryer chips). Love ice cream? Just buy the low fat low sugar brands. Steam your veg and meats where possible. Like a cider in the pub? Change to vodka and diet etc etc. It's not about cutting out guilty pleasures but rather adjusting them accordingly.

3) Allow yourself 1 cheat day a week where you can eat what you want.

4) Start walking everywhere when you can, using stairs instead of lifts etc etc. Dont take the car to the shops just to buy a pint of milk etc. Make the effort.

5) Find an exercise that does not feel like exercise. For me it was taking walks out into the countryside with my dogs. Pretty soon I was doing 10 mile hikes every other day and not even thinking about it. For you it might be swimming for an hour, going to Zumba classes or whatever...just find something that gets you hot and sweaty but feels fun rather than a task.

6) Have as much sex as possible and be as physical as possible. Fuck the weight off if you have to.

Point is, unless you are willing to commit to a strict diet and hard exercise regime, it's not going to feel pleasant and is far to easy to give up on. But with minor adjustments to diet and life style, you can lose weight without really trying hard. I (hubby) shifted 4 stone several years back just doing what I listed above. Sure, I've slipped a bit due to outside influences taking up more time but I've only put a stone back on ever since. Little changes can make a big difference. Believe in yourself and you'll do it.

By *oBeRodeMan  over a year ago

clifton ish

Friend of mine is on endless diets or punishing herself not eating, I use to be 19 stone but was driving for a living but I gave it up to work for myself doing mechanical work I now eat as much junk and crap as I can and never really budge over 14 1/2 st so answer is not what you eat it’s how much you move, you can consume only 100cal a day but if you only use 10 you are still gonna store the rest as fats and to say it doesn’t work for me or you or whatever is coming usually from people expecting results overnight or a month or so which is not a good way to lose it but over a very long period is best but I’d prefer to have a bit on me it’s better than looking like a smack head

» Add a new message to this topic