FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Mental health

Mental health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I suffered with ptsd being the most know mental health problem plus others. I'd like to know if am honest on my own here orif there are others n if so how do you do it? Any advice or am i looking in the wrong place?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So I suffered with ptsd being the most know mental health problem plus others. I'd like to know if am honest on my own here orif there are others n if so how do you do it? Any advice or am i looking in the wrong place? "

Hey OP

I think mental health issues hit a lot more people than you think. I struggle every now and then but try not to let it take me under. I’m not sure this site can be good for mental health at times as messages go unread and people can feel ignored, which isn’t good for anyone’s mental health. Big hugs remember to always love yourself xx

"So I suffered with ptsd being the most know mental health problem plus others. I'd like to know if am honest on my own here orif there are others n if so how do you do it? Any advice or am i looking in the wrong place?

Hey OP

I think mental health issues hit a lot more people than you think. I struggle every now and then but try not to let it take me under. I’m not sure this site can be good for mental health at times as messages go unread and people can feel ignored, which isn’t good for anyone’s mental health. Big hugs remember to always love yourself xx"

I agree. This site can be quite brutal and it can be tough to deal with the rejection if you’re not feeling great already. Good luck op

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Some others have posted mental health related threads over the past few months or so that may be of interest to you OP or give you some self help ideas to try/ advice/sites to visit for advice.

If you use the forum search function and type in “mental health” or “struggling” then something should pop up and hopefully it will be of use.

You’re not alone x

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Here too - PTSD following abusive relationships.

I don’t understand the question “how do I do it?” because IT can be a big area. So, swinging and PTSD.

Don’t do it when my head’s not in a good place.

Stick to clubs, I feel safer there (and the journey home feels different.)

If I get triggered, take time to calm myself down and then talk to someone about it a couple of days later.

Everyone I plan play with knows that I have PTSD and that if something goes wrong I want a nice cup of tea, two sugars and some space.

I’m also having a lot of talking therapies, which are finally making a difference after years of CBT. I know a lot of people who have benefitted from EMDR too.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I’m trying EMDR but still have a way to go.

Everyone is different, definitely reach out for help.

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

"So I suffered with ptsd being the most know mental health problem plus others. I'd like to know if am honest on my own here orif there are others n if so how do you do it? Any advice or am i looking in the wrong place? "

In all honesty if you are not feeling strong enough to cope with rejection, then we would say you are definitely in the wrong place.

The rejection won't be because of your conditions, it will just be the way it is on here.

If you can cope, then certainly stick around. If not then don't.

By *racey-LuceTV/TS  over a year ago

Beoley Nr Redditch

I'm glad I'm not on my own thinking this site is not good for mental health,lost count the amount of times it's messed my head up.

Yeah I suffer occasionally even with medication it's not gone all the time and just life in general can bring you right down

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

Depends on how much you're willing to risk for sanity.

I joined fab it was lots of trial and error finding fwb, companions or even FBs.

Over time I risked less and less trying to find people who actually treated me as a person and not a sex object.

I learnt that every single guy who swears they are a good guy aren't. Ive learnt that if they can't be patient then they aren't worth meeting.

Also that people don't care when as soon as someone "better" comes along that I no longer exist till that "better person" no longer wants to see them.

People are disposable to most on here because they have this idea it's a sex site when it's a swingers site. Meant to be mutually benefiting, mutual pleasures. But more often it's not mutual.

People are selfish and it's ing them out that's the difficult part.

So it's what you're willing to risk to find what you seek.

In my case I give up trying to find anyone sexually compatible who doesn't treat me like shit and who can be supportive of my mental health rather than someone who causes issues with it.

When someone says they want to fuck all night then cums 2 mins later out the door after promises of a night of frolicking then it just reinforces trust issues. Being made to feel like a disposable toy with no regard to my pleasure. It hurts because people don't see much value in me as a person.

So how to handle it... well it's either keep trying or don't try on here.

Make you your priority and don't let your urges control you. Put yourself first.

People do stigmatise without realising it due to social values on people. Wish it wasn't so but sadly fact of life.

I'm still trying to find those who will accept me for who I am than judge me for it. Always the needle in a hay stack on here or anywhere else.

You will find one eventually who makes the effort. Just remember not to lose them it's also about putting in effort if the effort is unequal then walk away no better way to value yourself than to expect the same effort.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

OP after standing outside MIND's office and having 111 mental health team on the phone, I got fed up with them fobbing me off...

"You need to dial 111" said the manager of MIND

"Have you contacted MIND?" said the operator

If you haven't worked it out already I was the ping pong ball and all this BS was happening, right in the middle of a melt down.

Getting ever so slightly miffed at this point, I handed over my mobile, whilst the 111 call was still live and said, "You two need to speak to each other..." They chatted in hushed tones.

Suffice to say I didn't get the result I wanted. Unless you are going to top yourself, then it's back to the GP for some more outdated-side-effect-laden happy pills.

So in a nutshell, grab as much help as you can as the NHS and mental health charities can't cope and can not be relied on. If that means asking for anecdotal help from a site like this then do it.

"OP after standing outside MIND's office and having 111 mental health team on the phone, I got fed up with them fobbing me off...

If you haven't worked it out already I was the ping pong ball and all this BS was happening, right in the middle of a melt down.

Getting ever so slightly miffed at this point, I handed over my mobile, whilst the 111 call was still live and said, "You two need to speak to each other..." They chatted in hushed tones.

Suffice to say I didn't get the result I wanted. Unless you are going to top yourself, then it's back to the GP for some more outdated-side-effect-laden happy pills.

So in a nutshell, grab as much help as you can as the NHS and mental health charities can't cope and can not be relied on. If that means asking for anecdotal help from a site like this then do it.

"

What help would you like to be available?

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

There isnt much help for mental health ,not even the gps want to know ,ive eupd and autism and possible adhd been waiting since may to be put on the right meds..they only want to know when you are in crisis and end up in hospital..

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"OP after standing outside MIND's office and having 111 mental health team on the phone, I got fed up with them fobbing me off...

What help would you like to be available?"

Well for starters, in 2004 MIND was self referral, but that wasn't the case. Secondly I'd like the operator to believe me, when I said I was at MIND and was getting fobbed off.

» Add a new message to this topic