FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Is honesty best policy?

Is honesty best policy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I would like to think, of course it is!

I only ask as I've put on my real age, as it's only fair, even though I'm told I look (or act!) nothing like it. But after so many knock backs due to age, it makes you wonder, should I have knocked 10 years off? If i had i may have made some new friends, i seem to be blocked and ignored by lots.

Of course, I'm sure everyone else on here is totally honest! (what size did you say?!)............ No I personally wouldn't lie, but it makes you wonder! Thoughts from a sexually frustrated horny 50+

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I would like to think, of course it is!

I only ask as I've put on my real age, as it's only fair, even though I'm told I look (or act!) nothing like it. But after so many knock backs due to age, it makes you wonder, should I have knocked 10 years off? If i had i may have made some new friends, i seem to be blocked and ignored by lots.

Of course, I'm sure everyone else on here is totally honest! (what size did you say?!)............ No I personally wouldn't lie, but it makes you wonder! Thoughts from a sexually frustrated horny 50+ "

Always be yourself, what's worse being turned down before a meet or having someone walk out on you in middle of a bar when the realise you have lied to them

"I would like to think, of course it is!

Of course, I'm sure everyone else on here is totally honest! (what size did you say?!)............ No I personally wouldn't lie, but it makes you wonder! Thoughts from a sexually frustrated horny 50+ "

Honesty is ALWAYS best policy imo

I have met people you have told porkies about there age.....does make me think twice about them. What else would they lie about.

I always tell people 75 so at least they can say I look good for my age

"But after so many knock backs due to age, it makes you wonder, should I have knocked 10 years off? "

We turned down a very sexy looking couple recently because of age... she was too young to interest us, stay honest they are out there

Thanks, I often think I'm too honest for my own good, but I am who I am!

I would agree patience, but was on another site for about 9 months, and lost hope in the end. I'm sure the folks on here are nicer lol! Look forward to meeting friends.

Thanks

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

another vote for honesty about age here. Honesty in general really at least you can't get caught out further down the line

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

You will NEVER appeal to everyone. The irony is it's usually the fifty somethings moaning because they fancy twenty somethings who have an upper age limit of 30.

I struggle to meet over 50s. When I get a message I'm excited...until I realise younger men have contacted them asking if they'd pass on their details as my filters block them.

Encouraging so far, thanks all. I will admit to have tried a few of the younger ladies! Well its something us old men have to get out of our system i think. Told you im honest lol, but also a few older ones in my area who seem to go for younger men seem to have a trict filter. I'm sure once I build up a profile I will be better ( my good friend in Swindon, who is in hospital having her bits done, poor thing, will help on this when she's better as she knows me too well lol.....all the best to her when she reads this!!). Ps happy to make chat friends with folks.

I'd like to think, yes, Honesty is the best policy. I spent far to many years trying to say the right thing at the right time with plenty of wobble truths in a bid to make my marriage work!! I have to say though, honesty doesn't always win friends, especially on here

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I definitely think honesty is the best policy but then again I'm often too honest and people disappear!! My logic is if they expect the worst then they'll hopefully be nicely surprised when the time to meet comes!!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yes........

Yes, nothing to hide or fear here.

Is it being honest to say nothing at all? I say nothing. But what I do say is honest.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Sometimes I think I should change my age to '49'. So many people don't want to meet men over 50...

If the truth be told - I still think I'm 19 on the inside.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

For me honesty is the best policy because I'm shit at remembering what lies I've said to who so I always get caught out in the end.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

As someone who has met people and realised as soon as I saw them that they lied about age or weight I say be honest.

It's the reason I now insist on a coffee meet - extricating myself from a hotel room and a pleading man who thinks that since I'm there I should shag him is not something I want to repeat.

If you get really tempted don't alter by more than a year or two. You may get more meets but you won't necessarily get more play! Or veris - I happily verify men I meet for coffee but don't play with. As long as they are as advertised.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

The was a slip of the finger on my phone and I couldn't scroll down to delete

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"As someone who has met people and realised as soon as I saw them that they lied about age or weight I say be honest.

It's the reason I now insist on a coffee meet - extricating myself from a hotel room and a pleading man who thinks that since I'm there I should shag him is not something I want to repeat.

If you get really tempted don't alter by more than a year or two. You may get more meets but you won't necessarily get more play! Or veris - I happily verify men I meet for coffee but don't play with. As long as they are as advertised. "

Agree with this. Sadly there are people truly delusional believing they don't look their age lopping a decade or more off.

At a glance I know they're lying. Especially if they've also lied about their height.

Personally, I don't understand the mentality. If you don't want to be rejected by an. Anonymous person on line, why take it to te real world where you can see the coffee meet is all you're getting.

My one and only "stalker" was someone I rejected because of his weight and sexuality.

Be honest!

"The was a slip of the finger on my phone and I couldn't scroll down to delete "

I always pre_iew now when I use my phone, that way I don't use the wrong smiley or realise that nothing I have written makes sense as my mind is working faster than I can type

By *llureWoman  over a year ago

London

I've met guys who've lied about their age, weight, marital status and willy size to get a meet. Remember that at any time it's fine to back out, which I'm confident enough to do if men have lied. I then block the guy after telling him why.

You're not right for everyone so stop trying to knock a square peg into a round hole. As it were

Question i always ask is

would you want to meet someone you had to lie to to get them to like you?

I want people to like me for who i am, if i have to start bigging my self up by knocking a few years or dress sizes off they're not what im looking for anyway no matter how good looking they are

Having sat on our sofa for a few hours one Sunday with a guy who claimed to be 50 keep having to stop himself from telling us what he spent his time doing now he was retired, we say be honest...you don't have to try to keep track of what you can say and conversation is more likely to flow naturally...and yes-we know some people retire early but from other stuff he let slip-this clearly wasn't the case...

Honesty is the only way

just remember if you were in the age limit they might of just said another reason to you why they didnt want to meet if you wernt what they were looking for

so dont look at it that its because of your age you havent had all the meets you hoped because im sure if you were the age they wanted they may be other reasons too why you not had the meet too, just sometimes something like age is a easy thing to state and use as the reason as you cant really combat it, so at least people have a more comfortable way of saying no thanks rather than ignoring your message

all you can do is really work on your profile and try to improove it as the better it looks then more people are going to think twice about their age range

It's better to be honest, having seen lots of fibbers come unstuck over the years.

Wolf

You could always put your age as 49 - this is only a few years out, and may attract those people who have a cut off point of 50. If nothing changes, then go back to the honesty thing, Kim

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Honesty always. Lies have a tendency to turn around and bite you in the arse!

» Add a new message to this topic