FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fake account

Fake account

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ase OP   Man  over a year ago

Gourock

Is it possible for a man to open up an account posing as a female on here ? Asking for a female friend who thinks her ex boyfriend has set up an account about her !The only thing not on the profile is her pic. Am asking for a friend before the usaul suspects shoot me down

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/12/21 06:35:15]

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Yes it's possible as photo verification of female gender isn't compulsory when registering.

By *ewCoupleHXCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"Is it possible for a man to open up an account posing as a female on here ? Asking for a female friend who thinks her ex boyfriend has set up an account about her !The only thing not on the profile is her pic. Am asking for a friend before the usaul suspects shoot me down "

When you say about her, is he using her details, photos? How is it affecting her really, could just be a similar profile?

And yes, if you remember verification it only needs anyone to hold a photo naked, so in theory you can ask a mate to do that for you and get yourselves a female verified profile.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Why does she think it's about her it could just be a similar profile unless she is getting contacted off here by people.

And yes people can set up fake profiles there are quite a few on here but usually easily spotted. Why not just contact the profile and see what happens if ye are suss no one on her can tell you anymore than what ye already know anyhow .

Gourock

I sent few messages to the profile & smelt a rat right away ,Had good description,And 1st name on it, Messaged her on fb & She confirmed he's trying to make her look bad & has restraining order against him The wonderful world of fab..

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I sent few messages to the profile & smelt a rat right away ,Had good description,And 1st name on it, Messaged her on fb & She confirmed he's trying to make her look bad & has restraining order against him The wonderful world of fab.."

How can she confirm it's him unless he has given out personal info and she has had people contact her off here. In which case she can contact admin and get it deleted.

Gourock

"Is it possible for a man to open up an account posing as a female on here ? Asking for a female friend who thinks her ex boyfriend has set up an account about her !The only thing not on the profile is her pic. Am asking for a friend before the usaul suspects shoot me down

The usual suspects? Or the voices in your nut?

Who said that?

Your where at the top of my list lol

"

Gourock

"I sent few messages to the profile & smelt a rat right away ,Had good description,And 1st name on it, Messaged her on fb & She confirmed he's trying to make her look bad & has restraining order against him The wonderful world of fab..

How can she confirm it's him unless he has given out personal info and she has had people contact her off here. In which case she can contact admin and get it deleted. "

They have kid together! So knows her quite well & She is NOT on here so can't contact admin,He hid profile when I query the profile..

"Is it possible for a man to open up an account posing as a female on here ? Asking for a female friend who thinks her ex boyfriend has set up an account about her !The only thing not on the profile is her pic. Am asking for a friend before the usaul suspects shoot me down "

Why would she be bothered if there are no pics???

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

The question is op, how well do you know her and are you sure that you aren't being played?

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Why are you getting involved op not your issue really

Up North

"I sent few messages to the profile & smelt a rat right away ,Had good description,And 1st name on it, Messaged her on fb & She confirmed he's trying to make her look bad & has restraining order against him The wonderful world of fab..

How can she confirm it's him unless he has given out personal info and she has had people contact her off here. In which case she can contact admin and get it deleted. They have kid together! So knows her quite well & She is NOT on here so can't contact admin,He hid profile when I query the profile.."

So you told her about this dodgy profile on here then as she isn’t on here she wouldn’t of known would she

Gourock

How can she confirm it's him unless he has given out personal info and she has had people contact her off here. In which case she can contact admin and get it deleted. They have kid together! So knows her quite well & She is NOT on here so can't contact admin,He hid profile when I query the profile..

So you told her about this dodgy profile on here then as she isn’t on here she wouldn’t of known would she"

Well she is a good friend & there's a court case pending against him for assault, All I ask was for a yes or No ffs lol

Belfast

How can she confirm it's him unless he has given out personal info and she has had people contact her off here. In which case she can contact admin and get it deleted. They have kid together! So knows her quite well & She is NOT on here so can't contact admin,He hid profile when I query the profile..

So you told her about this dodgy profile on here then as she isn’t on here she wouldn’t of known would she Well she is a good friend & there's a court case pending against him for assault, All I ask was for a yes or No ffs lol"

What's the point in a yes or no reponse? You already know the answer to your original question.

Up North

[Removed by poster at 30/12/21 10:15:42]

Yes. People make fake profiles

Gourock

So you told her about this dodgy profile on here then as she isn’t on here she wouldn’t of known would she Well she is a good friend & there's a court case pending against him for assault, All I ask was for a yes or No ffs lol

What's the point in a yes or no reponse? You already know the answer to your original question. "

I didn't know when I 1st posted it..if it could be done

Up North

So you told her about this dodgy profile on here then as she isn’t on here she wouldn’t of known would she Well she is a good friend & there's a court case pending against him for assault, All I ask was for a yes or No ffs lol"

You are not going to find out it’s him or not are you unless he confesses

Gourock

"Yes. People make fake profiles "
Thank you

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Yes it's very easy to setup an account with anything you want on it. However, there is a requirement to Photo-Verify new accounts, so it requires someone to post a private photo holding a piece of paper with their username on.

Gourock

"Is it possible for a man to open up an account posing as a female on here ? Asking for a female friend who thinks her ex boyfriend has set up an account about her !The only thing not on the profile is her pic. Am asking for a friend before the usaul suspects shoot me down

Yes it's very easy to setup an account with anything you want on it. However, there is a requirement to Photo-Verify new accounts, so it requires someone to post a private photo holding a piece of paper with their username on."

Yes I know that,But was wondering how it was possible for a man to set up an account for female ??

Up North

Yes it's very easy to setup an account with anything you want on it. However, there is a requirement to Photo-Verify new accounts, so it requires someone to post a private photo holding a piece of paper with their username on. Yes I know that,But was wondering how it was possible for a man to set up an account for female ?? "

Difficult but not impossible I guess

A yes/no answer to fake accounts on any media platforms???

You must be the only one OP, who's not sure!

Somewhere in Co. Down

How can she confirm it's him unless he has given out personal info and she has had people contact her off here. In which case she can contact admin and get it deleted. They have kid together! So knows her quite well & She is NOT on here so can't contact admin,He hid profile when I query the profile.."

Or it could be someone who actually has the profile genuinely and has hidden it now because they were getting questioned by some guy on here and you freaked them out.

And admin are more likely to pay heed to her reporting it than you doing it. Also as you don't actually have any proof bar a name is the same and a few details and you had a feeling it's not the same .And you have now probably completely freaked your friend out over something that may not even be true.

Gourock

Or it could be someone who actually has the profile genuinely and has hidden it now because they were getting questioned by some guy on here and you freaked them out.

And admin are more likely to pay heed to her reporting it than you doing it. Also as you don't actually have any proof bar a name is the same and a few details and you had a feeling it's not the same .And you have now probably completely freaked your friend out over something that may not even be true. "

It's 100% true

Belfast

Yes it's very easy to setup an account with anything you want on it. However, there is a requirement to Photo-Verify new accounts, so it requires someone to post a private photo holding a piece of paper with their username on. Yes I know that,But was wondering how it was possible for a man to set up an account for female ?? "

Same way men and women have couples accounts amd some women have male accounts for"security" and checking out the competition

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Just tick the box that says female. The phot-verification is not difficult either if he has a female friend willing to hold ip a piece of paper for a photo.

If you know the profile that you think is impersonating your friend, then report it and let admin decide.

In what way does the profile pretend to be your friend?

By *kuedMan  over a year ago

Derry

It's hard to get meets atm. I was on here @5 yrs ago and a lot easier to meet people.

Very hard (no pun intended) for single guy to get the balls rolling ( again no pun intended l) this time round. At least that's how I'm finding it anyways. Take care......

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Yes of course it's possible and this site is riddled with them.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure why the OP is getting such a hard time here, he is asking for advice not a roasting, he also didn't ask for his profile to be discussed.

To the OP, if you think someone is using a fake account it is best to report . However the friend in question could have an account on here and doesn't want you to know, so sometimes a bit of discretion doesn't hurt