FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Short replies

Short replies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pottydog46 OP   Man  over a year ago

rainham

I have noticed that I sometimes get a reply to my message just saying hi, or hello. One word and an emoji. I then reply back again and never het a response.

This has happened loads of times over the years.

Anyone any idea what it is all about? Does fab have auto replies?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

No it doesn't have auto replies.

Generally means they didn't find anything in your message that interested them enough to expand, but possibly didn't want to be accused of being an ignorant cunt who ignores messages.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No it doesn't have auto replies.

Generally means they didn't find anything in your message that interested them enough to expand, but possibly didn't want to be accused of being an ignorant cunt who ignores messages."

Yeah, this. I sometimes send a short reply when I find the person attractive but there wasn't enough in their first message for me to get things going.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Fab doesn't have auto replies

We will often acknowledge a message with a "thanks" or a " " because we don't want to be rude (although over the last month we just haven't responded)

rainham

Ok thanks. Just seems odd to take the trouble to reply, but if you aren’t interested to say hello, rather than no thanks!

"Ok thanks. Just seems odd to take the trouble to reply, but if you aren’t interested to say hello, rather than no thanks!"

not odd at all they owe you nothing in reallity

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ok thanks. Just seems odd to take the trouble to reply, but if you aren’t interested to say hello, rather than no thanks!"

The responder is in a no win situation. There are many threads started by (mostly) men calling people rude because they don't respond, if you reply to a 'hi' message with 'no thanks' people will often respond telling you they were only being polite and saying hello they weren't asking to meet and now if we respond with a smile or a thank you its wrong.

What are we supposed to do?

I’ll acknowledge a nice message with a short response if I’m not interested. Ie. Thanks.

"I have noticed that I sometimes get a reply to my message just saying hi, or hello. One word and an emoji. I then reply back again and never het a response.

Anyone any idea what it is all about? Does fab have auto replies?"

If someone is interested I think they'll let you know. If I get a short response or close ended response I'll take it as they are not interested and leave it at that

rainham

"I have noticed that I sometimes get a reply to my message just saying hi, or hello. One word and an emoji. I then reply back again and never het a response.

Anyone any idea what it is all about? Does fab have auto replies?

If someone is interested I think they'll let you know. If I get a short response or close ended response I'll take it as they are not interested and leave it at that"

I agree, just seems odd replying “Hi x ” if you aren’t interested that’s all I was trying to say.

"Ok thanks. Just seems odd to take the trouble to reply, but if you aren’t interested to say hello, rather than no thanks!

The responder is in a no win situation. There are many threads started by (mostly) men calling people rude because they don't respond, if you reply to a 'hi' message with 'no thanks' people will often respond telling you they were only being polite and saying hello they weren't asking to meet and now if we respond with a smile or a thank you its wrong.

What are we supposed to do? "

It's doubly hard at the moment because people are sending festive good wishes, which makes me feel it's too rude to not at least say thank you

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's no standard here, apart from no reply or block = no thanks or that messages should be respectful.

People typically read profiles when they get a message, so you could experiment with adjusting it or your message contents, to notice how it might influence your results.

Assume recipients of unsolicited messages only have the ability to become interested, based on how you interact with them and also that they may be busy.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

I think a lot depends on what your original message contained. Often I'll get a "hi" type of message which doesn't really inspire a response at all but I'll say "hi" back just to be polite

rainham

"I think a lot depends on what your original message contained. Often I'll get a "hi" type of message which doesn't really inspire a response at all but I'll say "hi" back just to be polite "

My messages always contain a polite introduction, a reference to where I am based, and what I am looking for. If I was to just message and say hi, I would expect to get nothing back.

It seems that everyone has different ways of doing things! I wasn’t moaning btw with this, just curious as to why it happens.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

We try to reply and say we aren't meeting at the moment and we're busy until way into the new year which is true but it's also a no thanks without hurting feelings x we may need to be more brutal I think as the replies we get are "oh I'm happy to just chat"

Yes.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

"No it doesn't have auto replies.

Generally means they didn't find anything in your message that interested them enough to expand, but possibly didn't want to be accused of being an ignorant cunt who ignores messages."

Anyone any idea what it is all about? Does fab have auto replies?"

No

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Ok thanks. Just seems odd to take the trouble to reply, but if you aren’t interested to say hello, rather than no thanks!

What are we supposed to do? "

How would you respond to the ubiquitous “Lol x” reply?

» Add a new message to this topic