FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Winks

Winks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ose and her beast OP   Couple  over a year ago

Watford

Is winking just pointless on here we tend to do it to show interest and if we get one back a message is sent but so many times we get a wink and send one back and send a message or wait for one but they either don't send one or answer ours would rather people didn't engage at all should we just drop the winks and just message from now on ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same experience here. Looking forward to some thoughts and opinions...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

As I always say on this topic, women tend not to like them but men do.

Not sure about couples

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I don't mind a wink, if someone's read my profile and matches what I'm looking for.

Would rather winks that done of the messages I get.

By *ornycouplepzCouple  over a year ago

here and there

We don't mind winks ,it's a quick and easy way to see if if someone likes you

Winks are great. As I don't send may unsolicited messages they invite an interest and so if I like the profile I always worth sending a well written message to.

By *averockrockMan  over a year ago

swindon

I find winks good for checking out who is interested on profiles!

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We dont look at winks but do answer messages.

By *anilla-sinCouple  over a year ago

lancs

We look at winks …..but I prefer a message

"Is winking just pointless on here we tend to do it to show interest and if we get one back a message is sent but so many times we get a wink and send one back and send a message or wait for one but they either don't send one or answer ours would rather people didn't engage at all should we just drop the winks and just message from now on ?"

I like to wink and I sometimes send a message. If someone winks me and I like them then a wink or message is sent back, it is a good system, but as you say some people just don't use it the same way...

By *jekimMan  over a year ago

Wigan

I always think a wink or a returned one is an opening to start a conversation lets you know if you do message if they will reply or be horrible hahs

here and there

"We look at winks …..but I prefer a message "

We look at winks and if we like then we will message x

By *leecouple101Couple  over a year ago

North East Lincolnshire

Always thank for a wink, starts a little conversation and we go from there if there's an attraction and relatively local.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

Prefer a message but if someone winks that we like the look of, we wink back or message. If we wink back that's kinda your green light to message us x

We just find winks a little perplexing, most times we've received one and we were interested we sent one back and got no further contact, other times we sent one and got one back and sent a message with no reply... Or when we did get replies they were from people with a hard no as we weren't compatible as they didn't read our profile.

Mostly we ignore them now as they never seem to go anywhere.

By *inksAPlentyCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We wink to show interest. If we receive a wink we will send a return one if we are interested.

Sometimes it can take us a few weeks to getting round to sending a message though.

Ms x

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Sometimes drop a wink to show an interest and see if one comes back then start a chat from there. It's proved effective in the past.

Don't consider them lazy,just a gentle nod, like a smile in a club

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

If someone I like the look of sends me one I will always message them, as at least I know they're open to receiving one.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Winks are pointless to us. Much prefer a well worded, polite message, we also ask for face pic with first message, only polite as ours are all over our profile. xxxxx Suzi

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

If we return a wink, we'd wait a bit for them to message first but if we wink first we'll message if they wink back ASAP.

"Is winking just pointless on here we tend to do it to show interest and if we get one back a message is sent but so many times we get a wink and send one back and send a message or wait for one but they either don't send one or answer ours would rather people didn't engage at all should we just drop the winks and just message from now on ?"

I see the idea of winks and believe they should used in the way you describe.

Ps. Your a super hot couple

By *urious_Female89Woman  over a year ago

great yarmouth

I love winks! Its a nice, cute way of showing interest. I tend to be more responsive to them than messages though

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

As a general rule, if someone winks at us, we will look at their profile and see if we're interested in having a chat. If the profile doesn't appeal, then we would normally not respond, if the profile does appeal we will message.

A message is generally more appealing though and we will ALWAYS respond to a message, even if it is to say we're not interested.

Cal

I like a good wink, shows interest, I'm useless at 1st messages, I think it's a great way to show your interest in a profile.

Mrs

By *orl1971Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Think winks are a bit like swiping on other hookups. Winking and getting a wink back opens the door for messaging.

However we get winks then wink back only for there to be no further interaction. We generally leave the responsibility with the original winker to initiate the message. If they don’t message after we wink back then we treat it as noise or a change of heart.

here and there

Thay are an easy way to say hi We/I are interested

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"I love winks! Its a nice, cute way of showing interest "

Never get bored of attractive ladies saying this.

I'll get me coat

By *uxom and the BellendCouple  over a year ago

Worcs

We like a wink. Shows interest x So wink away at us xx

By *ose and her beast OP   Couple  over a year ago

Watford

Thanks for all the replys guys helped alot

By *inkyDuo XXXCouple  over a year ago

somewhere near you

We like a wink, we check out the profiles of winkers. If you like us wink, and if we like you too, we’ll either wink back or message

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I always forget to look at winks. Just had a look and I have 53 new ones going back over the last 2 weeks.

By *eds1Man  over a year ago

Salisbury

Love a wink as rubbish at messages

By *urious_Female89Woman  over a year ago

great yarmouth

"I love winks! Its a nice, cute way of showing interest

Never get bored of attractive ladies saying this.

I'll get me coat "

Haha aww thankyou

By *ubcup2Couple  over a year ago

London

Pointless if you wink us, as we state that in our profile.

I have ever only got winks... I message back, but have yet to receive any responses

So who knows haha :/

By *orkswatcherMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I prefer to wink, I never know what to say on a first message that hasn't been said a million times.

If I get a wink I will always reply

By *ickedwillyCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

We always love getting a wink and love winking back again.

Never had one. Honest

By *andD300Couple  over a year ago

london

"We always love getting a wink and love winking back again. "

Same for us. C.

By *ostguy321Man  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

Winks are great to show interest I think, and of I get a wink or a wink back then it's worth messaging each other.

By *arol321Woman  over a year ago

Poole

I’ve never looked at who’s winked at me. I do try to answer most messages though (unless there’s only dick pics)

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

It happens quite a lot. I usually get winks when I post new pics and vids and sometimes when I wink back and follow on with a message I don't get a response. I just move on

I think they are pointless. My profile says I won't respond to winks. If you got something to say, say it in a message tbh.

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

Definitely not pointless IMO

It shows interest without the intrusion of a message, if someone winks back then I can message them

By *ickeyandmouseCouple  over a year ago

nr Alicante

We can get quite a few winks. Then when / if I send a message to say “ you can clearly see we live full time in Spain”. A common reply “ we just like your pics”, or “lucky you”. That’s just wasting my time. Of course people use the wink differently. For us it’s if there is a chance of taking things forward, not just to say hello.

By *vmarisaTV/TS  over a year ago

Motherwell

I use winks as a method of vetting, if I receive a wink ,out of politeness,or because I find them physicality attractive I will wink back. If the person does not then take the initiative and message me, I think either they changed their mind, were too nervous to, or it was just a complimentary symbol of interest and leave it at that. Mx

By *layful Couple For YouCouple  over a year ago

Lust

We like to wink and receive, as it shows that there’s an initial attraction. If reciprocated, we follow winks up with messages to see where things could possibly lead.

Winks work for me as it gives me the opportunity to look at the profile and decide if I like what I see.

If I do then I message or wink back. Far easier than replying to a message that just says hey or do you want to meet now.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I see the theory behind winks and I get it. But in practice it seems to be an easily overused and thus blunt tool. It's not unknown for a wink to get our attention and us wink back but on the whole it's generally not so fruitful as a way of getting our attention.

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

Can’t remember last time I had one

By *ilkey69Man  over a year ago

Barnsley

"We look at winks …..but I prefer a message

We look at winks and if we like then we will message x "

Thats why I like to send a wink sometimes

By *randmrsdisneyCouple  over a year ago

weston-super-mare

If we recive a wink then we assune the sender likes our profile so we will view their profile. If we are not interested we feel no pressure to respond. If we like their profile we will send a message.

We see no point in responding to a wink with a wink. If you imgine an attractive person walking down the street towards you, as you get close they smile and say hello , if you smile and say hello back you will both continue passed with no more interaction. If someone smiles and says hello , chat to them !.

We have had this these same confusing thoughts we also got fed up with the inconsistency and how differant people interpreted the different methods of communication on here. So we have writen our views on it in our profile so everyone knows were we stand on it and what if means when we contact them.

Feel free to have a peek at our profile xx

Happy fabbing xx

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

We found the same thing. It's odd.

By *athyperkinsCouple  over a year ago

lifton

We check profiles of "winkers". If they seem like what we're looking for, then we message. T

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

We enjoy winks, they are a quick and easy ‘hey I’m interested, are you?’ If we are inundated with messages I sometimes keep winks and then wink back or message when we are a bit quieter.

Lily

Nope. I always delete them.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

A wink can mean different things to different people, there simply isn't any hard and fast rules.

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

We try to respond to every wink from a couple with a polite note. We also try to respond to every message with a short note. We do fail and have to triage.

We see winks as a notification of someone's interest. If our interest is piqued, we return the wink. Then usually expect a message from them. We also wink at others in the same manner. A returned wink being followed by a message from us

It’s effort at this time to muster up good chat that’s going to make you stand out so a cheeky wink comes in handy

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Never checked my winks, fabs or friend requests…. So pointless to me x

By *unny_linguisticsCouple  over a year ago

South Brum

Winks have worked well for us.

We look at it as a none pushy way to say we are interested.

Happy messaging without winking too.

Just depends on the person's profile.

If we feel we are a good match a straight message,

If it's 50/50

A wink to see how they feel is a good start.

» Add a new message to this topic