FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > I'm just a girl, standing in a club, asking...

I'm just a girl, standing in a club, asking...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

One thing I'd like to try in the future is going to clubs more, and as a single girl this would predominantly mean going on my own, something which I haven't dared to try yet. I've loved every club meet I've been to and people have always been lovely and friendly but I've always had a bit of security with going with people I know.

Are there any tips from any singles ladies who go to clubs, or even social events solo, about what to do while you're there? Do you sit at the bar trying to catch someone's eye, do you wander over to a couple and go in with an ice breaker?

I'd love to get over myself and just grab the opportunity but I can't help feeling I'll be a little awkward!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m a single dude who hasn’t gone yet, I want to but I’m young and awkward lol so I dunno how I’d talk to people etc. What if I turn up and just sit somewhere awkwardly not knowing how to talk to someone

By *rangesmartieWoman  over a year ago

Devon

I've predominantly gone alone in recent years. Different tactics in different clubs.

If there's a nice big hot tub, I head there. Great to unwind and relax, and a good place to strike up conversation.

If there's a bar, stand there and say hello as people come up.

If there's seats in the smoking area, that's usually a good place to sit and chat (even as a non smoker).

Depends on the club and the crowd I think

By *rangesmartieWoman  over a year ago

Devon

Sorry meant to say, as a single.lady, you will definitely get approached. Might take a little while, as people will be looking to see if you're with someone.

Also worth saying hi to the organiser/bar staff who may be able to introduce you to some regulars as well as giving you the tour.

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Bodmin

In my experience just sit at the bar ?? with a nearly empty glass you will very quickly be offered another and just be ready with some answers for the usual chat up lines! They so lame but be nice! I have had"do you come here often?", "how are you?", "are you with someone?"

And so on. It's important to be ready to respond with leading questions of your own to keep a conversation going. Good luck and enjoy! Xxx

I’m guessing it’s easier for single girls rather than guys at clubs

By *ohnlewis1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hi

I hope you don’t think this is inappropriately misogynistic but I would recommend you find a chaperone if you are visiting clubs and seek security.

I’m sure there are plenty of nice chaps who would accompany without any expectations. I would ce rays only do so.

I would also recommend that you select a club carefully.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Just go and trust that you can manage, even if awkward at some points.

I don't stay too static, as moving around gives me a chance to be seen and to see others. Find spots that are comfortable for you to rest. The bar and rest area are perfect to make eye contact and to say hi to anyone there.

Just repeat until you find others who you gel with.

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

I go to clubs in Leeds solo and find that the regulars look after me. Ive never felt awkward by myself and have always managed to find playmates pretty early in the night.

I wouldn't be finding a "chaperone" to take me as you will be seen as part of a couple with that person and if found out as a fake couple it could get you a ban. Safety for single females in clubs isn't an issue as you will find that both staff and regulars will keep an eye out for you.

"Sorry meant to say, as a single.lady, you will definitely get approached. Might take a little while, as people will be looking to see if you're with someone.

Also worth saying hi to the organiser/bar staff who may be able to introduce you to some regulars as well as giving you the tour."

Thank you. I like the idea of making myself know to the organiser and staff and possibly asking for some introductions from them

"I go to clubs in Leeds solo and find that the regulars look after me. Ive never felt awkward by myself and have always managed to find playmates pretty early in the night.

I wouldn't be finding a "chaperone" to take me as you will be seen as part of a couple with that person and if found out as a fake couple it could get you a ban. Safety for single females in clubs isn't an issue as you will find that both staff and regulars will keep an eye out for you."

Thank you. Do you find it relatively easy to approach and chat to others, or chat to people who come to you?

Thanks for the heads up about the fake couples ban, I think if I were to go with someone I'm not in a relationship with I'd make it super clear that it was a friends situation

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

It’s great going on your own, nerve wracking but good. No pressure or expectations.

I’ve found the best thing to do is decide which club or night you are attending. Have a look in the forum for any threads going. Speak to the organiser or the club owners, check the website. Sometimes there’s a group chat for nights. Or strike up a conversation on here before hand.

I’ve never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. I wouldn’t want a chaperone either.

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I don't know what the clubs near you are like, but at the ones I've been to there isn't any problem with a woman going on her own. They're very clear about the rules and don't put up with any misbehaviour.

If you do want to go with someone, make it someone you already have a decent relationship with. Going with a stranger is a bad idea. You're far better off going to a reputable club on your own.

When choosing a club, look at the reviews. And pay particular attention to the reviews from other single women.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

If you pick a club that has a Jacuzzi, just jump in as we find them to be the best places to break the ice.

By *reasyontheeyesMan  over a year ago

out in the sticks

"If you pick a club that has a Jacuzzi, just jump in as we find them to be the best places to break the ice."

I won't be getting in if there's ice on it

"One thing I'd like to try in the future is going to clubs more, and as a single girl this would predominantly mean going on my own, something which I haven't dared to try yet. "

Hi OP. The clubs will look after you initially. Places like Quest in Leeds or Cupids in Manchester or indeed any of the clubs within striking distance of Halifax all welcome single ladies and soon put them at ease.

Dont get too hung up on the fake couples advice. The club management dont give a toss about your circumstances. Only time they go on the alert is when couples come into a club on a couples night, or as non members as a couple but then the woman leaves and the guy has just used her as a means to get in, either to get get in as a single, or to avoid paying a membership fee. Ive been to clubs many times with my long time lover (were both separately married) and its perfectly normal. We just arrive as a couple, and leave as a couple, which is all the club expects of you if you enter and pay as a couple.

As a single (lady or guy) its bloody scary for the first few times but also exhilerating.

Good luck

out in the sticks

"One thing I'd like to try in the future is going to clubs more, and as a single girl this would predominantly mean going on my own, something which I haven't dared to try yet. I've loved every club meet I've been to and people have always been lovely and friendly but I've always had a bit of security with going with people I know.

Are there any tips from any singles ladies who go to clubs, or even social events solo, about what to do while you're there? Do you sit at the bar trying to catch someone's eye, do you wander over to a couple and go in with an ice breaker?

I'd love to get over myself and just grab the opportunity but I can't help feeling I'll be a little awkward!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! "

Be approchable and be yourself.

As a guy in a club i am happy to chat to anyone, but i don't expect them all to fancy me or be what they are looking for and i may not them.

Doesn't mean you can't be sociable and chat if only for a short time.

Being unsociable isnt sexy at all!

By *weet and SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Around the Midlands

I (female) have been to a few clubs on my own when hubby couldn't make it. We had been to plenty as a couple so I knew what to expect, although I was still nervous going alone. It is definitely a change of vibe as you are approached differently when people see you're alone. We have found the staff in all of these places are great. Just be yourself, move around so you can get a feel for the place and no doubt you'll have a great time x

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

"Hi

I hope you don’t think this is inappropriately misogynistic but I would recommend you find a chaperone if you are visiting clubs and seek security.

I’m sure there are plenty of nice chaps who would accompany without any expectations. I would ce rays only do so.

I would also recommend that you select a club carefully. "

I’m curious why you’d say this. My experience is the opposite - most of the clubs I’ve been to have been very protective of their single women, not just staff but members too.

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Also seconding everything said about smoking areas and hot tubs. The only hassle I’ve ever had was when I tried to have a perv in the playrooms solo, and a “gentleman” needed reminding to keep his hands to himself.

"I’m guessing it’s easier for single girls rather than guys at clubs "

Definitely. People will often chat to women but totally blank men.

Not always though. I went to a club on my own and there was a group of single women there. They totally blanked me and were rowdy and rude. It was clear they thought they owned the place the way they were talking (they made sure that everyone could hear). If I'd chatted to a man they liked I'm sure there would have been trouble. I decided to just leave.

Definitely don't accept offers of a "chaperone" from people you don't know well and trust... its not the 1930s and if a woman wants to pop along to a club and check it out on her own, she totally can (just like we can perfectly acceptably take ourselves off to the cinema to watch a movie or go travelling the world solo). The last thing you need is a bloke who uses you to get in and then expects you to babysit him for the whole time, or that you will play with him. Clubs are WAY safer than home or hotel meets, so if you did get into an uncomfortable situation in a club you can safely walk off and alert other people, you dont need a creepy chaperone to "monitor" you.

I travel for work sometimes and generally will take myself off to check out the local club, and I have always been well looked after and had a great time. Let the staff know you are new, they will show you round and introduce you to people. Clubs are first and foremost a sociable and friendly environment (definitely not the writhing orgy that people envisage) and I find plonking myself down at a table in the bar area or in the smoking area soon gets me chatting. Hot tubs are great for chats too!

You can also check out who has listed a meet for that club or event and drop them a message to say hi, then you would have a face to look out for at the club.

Enjoy

"Hi

I would also recommend that you select a club carefully.

I’m curious why you’d say this. My experience is the opposite - most of the clubs I’ve been to have been very protective of their single women, not just staff but members too. "

I agree with what he says. One club we went to as a couple, the man on the door (taking the money and signing people in) was telling all the men they would definitely get a fuck that night as it was "greedy girls and they are right sluts".

If the club staff can say that it's no wonder some men get annoyed when a woman says no.

Thank you for all the brilliant advice given.

I definitely hadn't thought about seeing who was going to a club beforehand and dropping them a message through Fab, I'll make sure to do that.

Hanging out around the bar, hot tub and smoking area to get chatting sounds good too. They're like neutral ground!

out in the sticks

"Thank you for all the brilliant advice given.

I definitely hadn't thought about seeing who was going to a club beforehand and dropping them a message through Fab, I'll make sure to do that.

Hanging out around the bar, hot tub and smoking area to get chatting sounds good too. They're like neutral ground! "

Social areas have less play pressure. Whereas in play rooms etc you can feel peer pressure to join in if asked.

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan  over a year ago

Halifax

The good clubs will give you a tour of the place. Help you feel at ease and introduce you to regulars and make sure you are OK. As mentioned previously hot tubs are a good way to get chatting to people. Just smile and be friendly and you will be popular. Good luck.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Post a meet me now notice. YOur chaperone/wingman could also be a female. Queue together, pay as singletons then chat , disperse and meet up again every half hour or so.

Should take the mental pressure off a tad.

"Hi

Definitely in our experience this isnot a good idea! Like others have said, seen it go wrong on so many occasions from been a ticket to get in the door to only then fuck off to the play areas to get their willy wet or being controling and isolating you from everyone else due to expectations

Your simply better off going on your own, teaming up with other single ladies and been very open to staff and couples you're on your own that way everyone will be keeping an eye out for your welfare.

Look after yourself OP and hope it goes well for you

By *ewBurtonMan  over a year ago

Derby

As a single guy in a club I always like to chat in the bar and then if all’s well go to a room xxx

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Hi

No I don’t recommend a chaperone at all. I’ve done it, it’s gone wrong. Only go with someone you know well. If you tell them you are on your own they will look out for you.

By *_T_WCouple  over a year ago

Stockport/ Leeds

Hi - I like going to clubs but would struggle going on my own. I’d be too nervous and bottle it. I use to go with another women on here , and that worked really well. We’re close ish so if you’re ever looking for a club buddy let me know

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Go somewhere really friendly like pm , I’ve seen lots of single girls there at the bar , staff make them feel very welcome & will introduce regulars if you want , bigger clubs are very different in this respect.

I'm going for the first time on my own to a club next weekend, I'm crazy nervous but don't have any single friends so having to bite the bullet x

By *aggy dollsCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Just think of it like any other bar, all will be fine and you will soon find that the regulars and the staff will make you feel more than comfortable.

"One thing I'd like to try in the future is going to clubs more, and as a single girl this would predominantly mean going on my own, something which I haven't dared to try yet. I've loved every club meet I've been to and people have always been lovely and friendly but I've always had a bit of security with going with people I know.

Drop me a message and we can always meet there as a social so you know who you’re going to meet - and treat it as a night in the pub x

"Hi - I like going to clubs but would struggle going on my own. I’d be too nervous and bottle it. I use to go with another women on here , and that worked really well. We’re close ish so if you’re ever looking for a club buddy let me know "

Same goes to you, D T W - I’d be up for just meeting you both and asking all about your fab life! I love chatting about sex

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I always start a conversation in a club with a compliment,"your dress looks lovely" etc. That always seems to be a good starter.

"Sorry meant to say, as a single.lady, you will definitely get approached. Might take a little while, as people will be looking to see if you're with someone.

Also worth saying hi to the organiser/bar staff who may be able to introduce you to some regulars as well as giving you the tour."

This

"I'm going for the first time on my own to a club next weekend, I'm crazy nervous but don't have any single friends so having to bite the bullet x"

I hope you have a blast! You'll have to come back to this thread to let me know how it all went lol

I tend to either approach couples or mixed sex groups, it just feels a little easier than approaching men but that said I would probably if there was a particular man I was REALLY interested in

Don't rush to dress down if you're not comfortable (within club rules) and I try to set the expectation that I'm there to meet and get to know people and if you want to play you can always change your mind.

Good luck!

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

I was at a club last night and a young lady walked in with me who was gorgeous! I was a little shocked that she was on her own but then I thought, fair play girl, she knows what she wants !

"Hi

I would much rather go to a club on my own. Can do my own thing. Agree with all the ladies comments as how to mingle.

Would never do it any other way now. You certainly don't need a guy on your arm

Peterborough

"I always start a conversation in a club with a compliment,"your dress looks lovely" etc. That always seems to be a good starter. "

Yes, yes, yes, as it's sincere, honest and a simple line to remember.

Fancy dress or the like is when people want to be told that. I posted this before and Halloween is my favourite for that reason. They've put time, money and effort in those outfits and compliments are very welcome.

Make them smile=doing the right thing=making friends and networking.

Peterborough

"I was at a club last night and a young lady walked in with me who was gorgeous! I was a little shocked that she was on her own but then I thought, fair play girl, she knows what she wants !"

Who was she?

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I've been going to clubs my myself for over a decade, when you arrive let the management know it's your first time and ask to be shown around and introduced to a few friendly regulars.

I have found them to be very welcoming and friendly places, there is no pressure to be intimate with anyone, and usually I hang around at the bar.

I find good conversation starters are letting them know it's your first time and asking them which are the clubs the they attend.

I definitely wouldn't look for a chaperone personally, I would be much more uncomfortable going in a venue with somebody I didn't know very well and couldn't be sure of their intentions or behavior, than going in by myself and being free to come and go, and do as I please.

By *az87260Man  over a year ago

Cross inn

Any clubs in Wiltshire worth visiting?

Peterborough

"I've been going to clubs my myself for over a decade, when you arrive let the management know it's your first time and ask to be shown around and introduced to a few friendly regulars.

I have found them to be very welcoming and friendly places, there is no pressure to be intimate with anyone, and usually I hang around at the bar.

I find good conversation starters are letting them know it's your first time and asking them which are the clubs the they attend.

I definitely wouldn't look for a chaperone personally, I would be much more uncomfortable going in a venue with somebody I didn't know very well and couldn't be sure of their intentions or behavior, than going in by myself and being free to come and go, and do as I please."

Confidence is key. Easier said than done, but I did my first club visit over 3 years ago, only regret...should have done it decades ago.

By *oirinMarkusCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

I'd love to buddy up with another lady and go together! Any women who want a club buddy, let me know xx

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I go to clubs in Leeds solo and find that the regulars look after me. Ive never felt awkward by myself and have always managed to find playmates pretty early in the night.

I wouldn't be finding a "chaperone" to take me as you will be seen as part of a couple with that person and if found out as a fake couple it could get you a ban. Safety for single females in clubs isn't an issue as you will find that both staff and regulars will keep an eye out for you."

This is true. Whenever I've been at clubs single women do tend to be looked after, which in itself is a positive thing. That being said I've often wondered why single guys (generally) don't get that same attention, but are often left to their own devices.

Apologies, not trying to hijack the thread - just an observation.

As others have said staying by the bar and chatting tends to get results, as does a hot tub. Good luck!

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

"I was at a club last night and a young lady walked in with me who was gorgeous! I was a little shocked that she was on her own but then I thought, fair play girl, she knows what she wants !

Who was she?"

Not a clue? She had very sexy underwear on

Firstly, I'm not a single lady, but I can't help noticing that you are from Halifax.

Swingers clubs are VERY different to the Acapulco.

In the Aca, shaping some moves is always gonna be a winner, especially as the music is turned up too loud for any kind of convo.

However, in a swingers club, the music is more seductive and played more at a reasonable level.

Do spend some time at the bar, but after your drink is served, wander off politely.

Wander around, but try not to follow any one person specifically.

Go to the loo.

Take a shower.

If you're brave enough, strip off and then ask if there's enough space in the hot tub for one more?

Pull on a bathrobe and wander out to the smoking area.

Hope That Helps?

By *eductiveEyesKillerThighsWoman  over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

As a singleton who started going to clubs on my own over 8 years ago, I will say its great to go on your own. Just yourself to think about, which is a whole heap of pressure off your shoulders, and you can really let loose.

And you'll never be on your own for very long in a club!

Re:Chaperones... I occasionally rock up with a guy friend or a newbie, but they know in advance that I will not be stuck to them at any point! So they're not all bad, so long as you state the rules in advance!

Hope you find the confidence to go for it! You'll love it!

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

I love clubs and 2022 is my year to try more further afield so guess I will be going alone unless as suggested on this thread I could meet up with other single ladies who happen to be going I think that's better than having a chaperone x

Hi all. Some great advice on here for single ladies. I’m fairly new to the club scene, I’ve been 3 times on my own and had a blast every time. From my point of view I’m just being me. I talk a lot sneezy and am not shy. I usually stand at the bar and strike up conversation with guys, women and couples and am never pushy!!! In fact the first time I went was only about 2 ku that ago and I met an amazing couple and played with them all night. We kept in contact and this evening went to their house and had an AMAZING TIME!!!!!!! in fact upon my visit to the same club a second time I was recognised by some and just got chatting. I’d say be confident and walk around and see what’s happening. I have never witnessed any single female getting grief from guys. My advice would be all of the above, oh and if I saw you at the bar I’d defo offer to buy you a drink. X

The wierd thing I found about clubs as a single guy was how angry some couples can get and some single ladies when I politely turn them down, it seemed like as a single male in a club I should automaticly be all over them begging to have sex and that really isn't the case for me I'm not there to have sex with every one regardless of atraction I have standard's, I stopped going because of this.

As others have said, the hardest part is walking through the door the first time. Once you’re in, it will just happen. I’ve always found people on the scene keen to look after newbies. Believe me, people want to talk to you, and will be delighted if you make the first move to initiate conversation. Don’t be a mute and stand like a wallflower, just walk over and say hi.

"The wierd thing I found about clubs as a single guy was how angry some couples can get and some single ladies when I politely turn them down, it seemed like as a single male in a club I should automaticly be all over them begging to have sex and that really isn't the case for me I'm not there to have sex with every one regardless of atraction I have standard's, I stopped going because of this."

Same applies for us ladies too, just because I have chatted at the bar with a guy for a few minutes does not translate to me being fair game for groping and a guaranteed fuck I'll chat to everyone but can be selective about who I take things further with, same as everyone else.

out in the sticks

"The wierd thing I found about clubs as a single guy was how angry some couples can get and some single ladies when I politely turn them down, it seemed like as a single male in a club I should automaticly be all over them begging to have sex and that really isn't the case for me I'm not there to have sex with every one regardless of atraction I have standard's, I stopped going because of this."

100% agree.

Refusal does offend some!

Hasn't stopped me going to clubs though.

Don't accept a lift to or from the club from anyone, even if you've perhaps played with them in the club that night.

Ask the staff that give you a tour to introduce you to regulars and go from there. Like others have said, the smoking area is good for chat even as a non smoker, and the hot tub. Remember to smile. You'll be fine.

"Hi

I go to clubs frequently on my own and have done for 15 years. I'd NEVER, EVER seek a chaperone !!! All clubs I've been to are safe and fun for everyone and especially females. Plus you would then be seen as a couple and your experience would be different.

Er don't we all have standards and ask yourself would you be more interested and proposition more appealing people than yourself (age, size, looks etc.)?

That is an experience that all of us can have be it online or in clubs M, MF and F we know that because we where both singles on the scene before we met

It's a element of attraction that isn't just confined in the swinging world either

By *UTTERFLY EVENTSWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I'm hosting

Hey miss p! I used to on my own for years I actually loved it!- 'u won't have any problem chatting you are beautiful and friendly

By *iss selectiveWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

You should b able to walk into a club and there be a even no of guys to girls and the staff and customers friendly watever club u go to

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"You should b able to walk into a club and there be a even no of guys to girls and the staff and customers friendly watever club u go to "

I agree! Still hoping……

Never had to beg in my life.

I'm the one sat on a stool at the bar sipping a drink, with my pinkie in the air

Fair point.

By *heEvilWithinWoman  over a year ago

Barnsley

I have to say as a single woman who visits clubs alone and with friends that the only thing a guy "chaperone" does is cramp your style!

I'm actually surprised here how many people are saying don't go alone. It's absolutely ridiculous. If you don't feel like you can say no and defend yourself, regardless of who you go with you shouldn't be going to a club.

And the fact that men on here feel like they can keep a woman safe is the most old fashioned, bull shit, misogynistic statement I've ever heard. It's actually laughable. Whatever you need to tell yourselves, at least then you have a purpose right? Instead of just being a dick to use basically.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Just be yourself and have a float around.

Make sure you tell the club you are a single lady attending alone, any decent club will keep an eye on you.

I go to greedy girls alone and never had a problem, most guys are brilliant but make sure you tell them what you want or don't want.

Also remember single guys are as nervous as you, don't be like some ladies I have seen who somehow get a rise out of making single guys feel uncomfortable.

Single guys can get a bad press but we have found some ladies are the worse culprits, seem to think as they are the belle of the ball in a swingers club the can lord it about where in reality outside a swingers club in a normal bar they wouldn't get a second glance.

I try to treat single guys with respect and courtesy.

Have a great time, it's a massive confidence booster.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"I have to say as a single woman who visits clubs alone and with friends that the only thing a guy "chaperone" does is cramp your style!

I'm actually surprised here how many people are saying don't go alone. It's absolutely ridiculous. If you don't feel like you can say no and defend yourself, regardless of who you go with you shouldn't be going to a club.

And the fact that men on here feel like they can keep a woman safe is the most old fashioned, bull shit, misogynistic statement I've ever heard. It's actually laughable. Whatever you need to tell yourselves, at least then you have a purpose right? Instead of just being a dick to use basically. "

This^^

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"I'd love to get over myself and just grab the opportunity but I can't help feeling I'll be a little awkward!

"

Hi OP,

The truth is every one of us who has ever attended a club or social has had the same feeling, even if it was for the briefest of moments. You are not alone in your thoughts and usually someone will notice it and invite you to join them or come and introduce themself to you.

Suck it up for a few minutes and you'll be fine. Good luck

» Add a new message to this topic