FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Just how important is a 'good profile'?

Just how important is a 'good profile'?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Evening everyone

You may or may not be able to tell but I put a good amount of time into my profile text, it's still not perfect but a work in progress! I've made several revisions and didn't want to just write a few lines as from the advice I got from people, a few lines is bad. Pus I wanted to give people a good idea of me so that they had a better chance of making an judgement of whether they liked me.

I've had a fair bit of interest and been more than happy with the site.

Yet, I've been browsing around the last few days and had a look at some verifications on F/MF's profiles, just thinking maybe there's something good on the M's profile who left the verification that I could interpret into mine.

I was shocked to discover nearly all the profiles I clicked on had about 2 or 3 lines to the theme of 'horny guy wanting to fuck' ... and usually written very badly.

I was even more amazed to discover these guys had around 10-15 verifications.

So it got me thinking, does good profile text count for anything anymore? Or are we moving towards the images? Personally I much much prefer a profile that has some substance, gives an insight into someone, and someone has taken the time to say something about themselves.

Sorry for the essay, but any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

sorry but that novel approach makes u sound like mrGrey of sorts..I'm sure theres ppl interested in the approach, but I think the vast majority of ppl would rather fuck and have fun...and thats nothing to do with their profiles being grammatically correct(bad text speak of course isnt great) or interesting(text wise)pictures sell male profiles in my eyes(of course toilet cock shots arent really unique to our gender), and they help me get meets most of the times.

If its couples ur talking about...well there is this fact to consider, put urself into the male halves view, would u want ur wife being romantisized by some guy?...doubt it(even the female halves may find this a bit off, however appealing)

Thats a good point actually, never thought of it that way. I'm not saying any is better than the other. Just that everyone I spoke to when I joined was against the whole 2 line thing.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

If you are a woman: it doesn't matter what you say - no one will read it.

If you are a bloke: it doesn't matter what you say - no one will believe it.

Actually could a Mod move this to swingers chat maybe? ... I'm not actually wanting advice on my own profile, just discussing the question.

Cheers

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"If you are a woman: it doesn't matter what you say - no one will read it.

"

True, and very succinct!

It doesn't really matter. I've completely butchered my profile down to like less than a third of what it was.

Women will look primarily at the pictures to see if she can find you attractive.

She'll then look secondly at the profile to try and gather what sort of guy you are if you pass the first test.

On the other hand I have seen a single male profile with 2 lines that roughly said what a paragraph on my profile says, no pictures yet had quite a few verifications, so it is more about what you say and how you say it and a profile doesn't have to say alot to bring the ladies in

To the OP - your profile is fine but a couple of pics on view would make it a winner - and no, not cock pics or necessarily face pics - nice one of your bum or torso will reel them in!!

Mrs GT

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't think the profile is a be all and end all.... but anything or any tool the site gives you to stand out from others can only help in the long run...

like every other tool the site provides it is up to you whether you decide to use it or not

as a 1st impression, I use it like a shop window.... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

I understand wot the OP means, at the end of the day I'm not keen on a 2 liner profile, yet at the same time I do f like ones that are an essay, just needs to giv the reader a feel for who u are n that "want to find out more" quality. The biggest thing that would put me off your profile is no public pics like an early forum user said doesn't hav to be a face pic a nice torso or bum shot is a nice little teaser.

"I understand wot the OP means, at the end of the day I'm not keen on a 2 liner profile, yet at the same time I do f like ones that are an essay, just needs to giv the reader a feel for who u are n that "want to find out more" quality. The biggest thing that would put me off your profile is no public pics like an early forum user said doesn't hav to be a face pic a nice torso or bum shot is a nice little teaser.

"

To be honest I tend to think most of it comes down to the quality of the pictures - after they have been examined, then and only then do most people move on to the text. THe text then, I presume, determines whether the reader/viewer sends or answers a message. What happens after is, I suspect, the deal breaker or clincher - the response?

Perhaps I'm being cynical?

Try a good pic to indicate who you are. If you fancy some kink with an exec twist a pic of a shirt and tie or something similar. No avatar and most people will move on. Personally I prefer to read something of substance on a profile, it makes you stand out from the rest of the guys.

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

WE BOTH READ PROFILES,the whole profile incl.interests

You deffo need pics up,it would complement your profile.

We not interested in ppl who msg us + didn't take the time to read ours,only yesterday we had quiet a long msg:cpl interested in us+ going on about NOT beeing into Bdsm+Master+slave cpls WTF....they received a straight talking msg back......however enough out there who like us READ

"If you are a woman: it doesn't matter what you say - no one will read it.

"

The worrying thing is that plenty of em believe mine!

A good profile may open some doors

However, having a good profile is not a licence to shag.

It is a starting point and nothing else.

You have to have something to back it up.

» Add a new message to this topic