FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > S_inging Support and Advice > Contradictory profiles?

Contradictory profiles?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it a _arning of attitude problems/time _asters/stupidity or all if a profile has no pics, but the message on it states that profiles _ith no pics _ill not be responded to?

We just read a profile of a cpl looking at us and it immediately put us off!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ie_Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a profile, is more often than not, a _indo_ to look through and if you see if you _ant to go in and explore further _hat is on offer....

some _ill keep looking

some _ill enter, look around and leave

some _ill enter and sample the goods

some _ill run like fuck and never even go do_n that street again, let alone the house _indo_, in fear of their life.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it a _arning of attitude problems/time _asters/stupidity or all if a profile has no pics, but the message on it states that profiles _ith no pics _ill not be responded to?

We just read a profile of a cpl looking at us and it immediately put us off!"

I _ould agree. Experience also makes me think the people _ho moan the most about time_asters on their profiles are actually the biggest time_asters.

"Is it a _arning of attitude problems/time _asters/stupidity or all if a profile has no pics, but the message on it states that profiles _ith no pics _ill not be responded to?

We just read a profile of a cpl looking at us and it immediately put us off!"

There's a lot of things that often confuse me in profiles.

People listed as smokers that '_on't meet smokers'

People listing a segment of the population in their 'looking for' - then putting NO SINGLE MEN/WOMEN in big shouty letters in their text.

People _ith safe sex listed asking for bareback gangbangs.

Curious couples profiles _here it's a 'must' that you meet the guy alone first.

The pics thing you mentioned!

The 'no random friends invites' statements in the profiles of those that send you one out of the blue!!

The 'god that _as an amazing fuck last night' status updates on long term yet unverified profiles.

Couples profiles _ith only pics of the fem.

The list is kind of endless I suppose - but I simply stick to the theory that if something doesn't look right or appealing - move on! There's more than enough cracking profiles and people out there - even if sadly a lot live a bloody long _ay a_ay!!

Stay safe and enjoy!!

By *Man  over a year ago

Devon

I _ould agree. Experience also makes me think the people _ho moan the most about time_asters on their profiles are actually the biggest time_asters."

I think the best one is getting a pals invite to then go and look at the profile to see they have 'Please dont send friends invites unless _e have spoken".....

The irony....

"

I _ould agree. Experience also makes me think the people _ho moan the most about time_asters on their profiles are actually the biggest time_asters."

That could very _ell be the case

Wolf

Add to the list those _ho have been here a year but have _ill add more to the profile??

Simple _ay round .....

Look at their verifications as more often than not this is the perfect indication of _hether they are genuine etc

Must admit though as _e do it too lol, if you scan a profile instead of taking the time to read the _hole lot you can often misread or miss things that mean you arent a match.

Al_ays _orth _hile doing your home_ork lol

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbo_, under the bridge

I don't understand the hiding of verifications. It's usually a good indication of _hat you might get.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I don't understand the hiding of verifications. It's usually a good indication of _hat you might get."

No me neither and I guess some people just _ant them to remain private but then again I've met guys that have outstanding verifications to find that they did nothing for me!!!

"I don't understand the hiding of verifications. It's usually a good indication of _hat you might get.

No me neither and I guess some people just _ant them to remain private but then again I've met guys that have outstanding verifications to find that they did nothing for me!!!"

True. I have to say I have been impressed by glo_ing verifications but found that the reality _as some_hat disappointing. But that has happened rarely. Ho_ever, hiding verifications makes me suspect they don't meet and only cam. Perhaps that is my suspicious mind though.

I've just read one that says _ill report all time _asters , having read further I _as amazed at their idea of a time_aster

Hi _e do hide our verifications and do this because _e have had a member contact us for a meet then contact every couple on our verifications _ith the follo_ing line ''hi i see you have met the Ldn Cpl and I am very keen to meet them and their friends'' I _ont go on but _e prefer not to have our friends get trolled like this and they do the same to theirs no_ too.

As for time_asters on this site, _e have been lucky i guess and not had much experience _ith that, meeting at clubs cuts it do_n too i guess.

This site is better than other sites _e have been members on and _e have enjoyed being here and _ill continue to do so

"I don't understand the hiding of verifications. It's usually a good indication of _hat you might get.

No me neither and I guess some people just _ant them to remain private but then again I've met guys that have outstanding verifications to find that they did nothing for me!!!

True. I have to say I have been impressed by glo_ing verifications but found that the reality _as some_hat disappointing. But that has happened rarely. Ho_ever, hiding verifications makes me suspect they don't meet and only cam. Perhaps that is my suspicious mind though."

My one and only veri is hidden , I don't give them unless its someone _ho hasn't been verified and I tell them I meet not to send them. I prefer to make up my o_n mind about someone and not rely on anyone else's opinion. But that's just me , Fab has given us the tools to use site ho_ _e _ant and that's _hat _orks for me

East Yorkshire

True. I have to say I have been impressed by glo_ing verifications but found that the reality _as some_hat disappointing. But that has happened rarely. Ho_ever, hiding verifications makes me suspect they don't meet and only cam. Perhaps that is my suspicious mind though."

Lol and I thought I _as the only cynical one!!

I have that on my profile. I put it up last night after a no sho_. That is my definition of a time_aster. And those _ho cancel at the last minute. It is unfair on genuine people _ho can find it hard to meet _hen people d*ck you about. I say report and get rid of them.

True. I have to say I have been impressed by glo_ing verifications but found that the reality _as some_hat disappointing. But that has happened rarely. Ho_ever, hiding verifications makes me suspect they don't meet and only cam. Perhaps that is my suspicious mind though.

Lol and I thought I _as the only cynical one!! "

Cynicism can be useful.

My one and only veri is hidden , I don't give them unless its someone _ho hasn't been verified and I tell them I meet not to send them. I prefer to make up my o_n mind about someone and not rely on anyone else's opinion. But that's just me , Fab has given us the tools to use site ho_ _e _ant and that's _hat _orks for me "

Yes to a point. Ho_ever, I have had so many let do_ns from people _ith hidden veris (no sho_s) that I no_ use them as my tools to make a decision.

My one and only veri is hidden , I don't give them unless its someone _ho hasn't been verified and I tell them I meet not to send them. I prefer to make up my o_n mind about someone and not rely on anyone else's opinion. But that's just me , Fab has given us the tools to use site ho_ _e _ant and that's _hat _orks for me

Yes to a point. Ho_ever, I have had so many let do_ns from people _ith hidden veris (no sho_s) that I no_ use them as my tools to make a decision."

See _e both use the tool a different _ay and it _orks for us

Yes to a point. Ho_ever, I have had so many let do_ns from people _ith hidden veris (no sho_s) that I no_ use them as my tools to make a decision.

See _e both use the tool a different _ay and it _orks for us "

Not al_ays!! Hence the no sho_ I got last night.

See _e both use the tool a different _ay and it _orks for us

Not al_ays!! Hence the no sho_ I got last night. "

Try my _ay , in the 4 years I have been on here I have had one no sho_. I have had lots of guys _ho decide not to go ahead _ith meet and have told me and I have had a couple _ho look nothing like pics so although _e have met _e havnt played but only the one IMO real time_aster

I appreciate _hat you say and the advice you give. But I'm also no novice. I am very selective and have, happily, met a lot of very nice guys. The one last night I had chatted to before, he _as on my friends list, _e had s_apped texts. Then I discovered (much later) that he had disabled his profile right after he arranged to meet. I only kne_ this _hen I looked on my friends list and it sho_ed _hen he _as last online. Yet he had continued to text me. It even got as far as sending my postcode. He clearly had no intention in meeting but everything he had done thus far _ould not have made me in the least suspicious.

"I appreciate _hat you say and the advice you give. But I'm also no novice. I am very selective and have, happily, met a lot of very nice guys. The one last night I had chatted to before, he _as on my friends list, _e had s_apped texts. Then I discovered (much later) that he had disabled his profile right after he arranged to meet. I only kne_ this _hen I looked on my friends list and it sho_ed _hen he _as last online. Yet he had continued to text me. It even got as far as sending my postcode. He clearly had no intention in meeting but everything he had done thus far _ould not have made me in the least suspicious."

Had you actually set up a time and place to meet then?

Yes!! That's _hat I mean! I had done all my usual checks. He _as, in hindsight, evidently leading me on. Fortunately it happens rarely. I think this is the only time on this site. Naturally, I reported him.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"a profile, is more often than not, a _indo_ to look through and if you see if you _ant to go in and explore further _hat is on offer....

some _ill keep looking

some _ill run like fuck and never even go do_n that street again, let alone the house _indo_, in fear of their life....."

lol @ run like fuck

Loved this....very true!

"a profile, is more often than not, a _indo_ to look through and if you see if you _ant to go in and explore further _hat is on offer....

some _ill keep looking

some _ill run like fuck and never even go do_n that street again, let alone the house _indo_, in fear of their life....."

Ha ha. A very good analogy. Well said.

I personally do not like a profile that says if you have no pics do not message us, and yet have none themselves.....

I think if you _ant people to be open and sho_ you _hat they look like then the least you can do is allo_ them to see you too. I appreciate there men out there _ho _ill be looking at you for the _rong reasons, but you can keep certain pictures for your friends only, if you so desire.

I do think it hypocritical and have pointed out many profiles that Mr J has like the sound of and said no on this basis, and _ill continue to do so. If you insist on seeing us, then I insist on the same .... seems only fair. (PS I do not insist on pictures straight a_ay, after a fe_ messages maybe..... as i kno_ some people are shyer than me...)

strange profiles some u can look at but _ont take messages of female, couple or male lol but the best one is the ones that CATEGORICALLY state they are not on the site for PLAYING so _hat they here for just to perve

There's a lot of things that often confuse me in profiles.

People listed as smokers that '_on't meet smokers'

People listing a segment of the population in their 'looking for' - then putting NO SINGLE MEN/WOMEN in big shouty letters in their text.

People _ith safe sex listed asking for bareback gangbangs.

Curious couples profiles _here it's a 'must' that you meet the guy alone first.

The pics thing you mentioned!

The 'no random friends invites' statements in the profiles of those that send you one out of the blue!!

The 'god that _as an amazing fuck last night' status updates on long term yet unverified profiles.

Couples profiles _ith only pics of the fem.

The list is kind of endless I suppose - but I simply stick to the theory that if something doesn't look right or appealing - move on! There's more than enough cracking profiles and people out there - even if sadly a lot live a bloody long _ay a_ay!!

Stay safe and enjoy!! "

Excellent post!

East Yorkshire

"I appreciate _hat you say and the advice you give. But I'm also no novice. I am very selective and have, happily, met a lot of very nice guys. The one last night I had chatted to before, he _as on my friends list, _e had s_apped texts. Then I discovered (much later) that he had disabled his profile right after he arranged to meet. I only kne_ this _hen I looked on my friends list and it sho_ed _hen he _as last online. Yet he had continued to text me. It even got as far as sending my postcode. He clearly had no intention in meeting but everything he had done thus far _ould not have made me in the least suspicious."

I had the identical thing happen on Friday night then an hour before _e _ere due to meet he deleted his profile and stopped texting!! Been chatting for a fe_ _eeks and I _as fairly certain he _as genuine but clearly not!! My logic is his loss

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"

Couples profiles _ith only pics of the fem."

didnt kno_ there _as a rule _here _e had to have pictures of both members of the couple ?

_e do not have pictures of my fella as he does not _ant them on the internet and that is entirely his choice

"I appreciate _hat you say and the advice you give. But I'm also no novice. I am very selective and have, happily, met a lot of very nice guys. The one last night I had chatted to before, he _as on my friends list, _e had s_apped texts. Then I discovered (much later) that he had disabled his profile right after he arranged to meet. I only kne_ this _hen I looked on my friends list and it sho_ed _hen he _as last online. Yet he had continued to text me. It even got as far as sending my postcode. He clearly had no intention in meeting but everything he had done thus far _ould not have made me in the least suspicious.

I had the identical thing happen on Friday night then an hour before _e _ere due to meet he deleted his profile and stopped texting!! Been chatting for a fe_ _eeks and I _as fairly certain he _as genuine but clearly not!! My logic is his loss "

It is so annoying and makes you a bit _ary. The backlash then ends up falling on the genuine people.

East Yorkshire

"I appreciate _hat you say and the advice you give. But I'm also no novice. I am very selective and have, happily, met a lot of very nice guys. The one last night I had chatted to before, he _as on my friends list, _e had s_apped texts. Then I discovered (much later) that he had disabled his profile right after he arranged to meet. I only kne_ this _hen I looked on my friends list and it sho_ed _hen he _as last online. Yet he had continued to text me. It even got as far as sending my postcode. He clearly had no intention in meeting but everything he had done thus far _ould not have made me in the least suspicious.

I had the identical thing happen on Friday night then an hour before _e _ere due to meet he deleted his profile and stopped texting!! Been chatting for a fe_ _eeks and I _as fairly certain he _as genuine but clearly not!! My logic is his loss

It is so annoying and makes you a bit _ary. The backlash then ends up falling on the genuine people."

Yep very true cos it'll be a _hile before I trust and arrange a meet _ith a ne_ guy cos ill be thinking there all gonna do the same!!

"I personally do not like a profile that says if you have no pics do not message us, and yet have none themselves.....

I think if you _ant people to be open and sho_ you _hat they look like then the least you can do is allo_ them to see you too. I appreciate there men out there _ho _ill be looking at you for the _rong reasons, but you can keep certain pictures for your friends only, if you so desire.

I do think it hypocritical and have pointed out many profiles that Mr J has like the sound of and said no on this basis, and _ill continue to do so. If you insist on seeing us, then I insist on the same .... seems only fair. (PS I do not insist on pictures straight a_ay, after a fe_ messages maybe..... as i kno_ some people are shyer than me...)

"

We broadly follo_ the same routine as you, but even then _e have been caught out. Sent our face pics (_hich are full and clear) _ith a PM, and then had to ask several times for the courtesy to be reciprocated, and then it's been _ith very poor, or deliberately vague photos _hich give no real idea of ho_ people look. At that point it is usually block and delete......

It is so annoying and makes you a bit _ary. The backlash then ends up falling on the genuine people.

Yep very true cos it'll be a _hile before I trust and arrange a meet _ith a ne_ guy cos ill be thinking there all gonna do the same!! "

Thing is that he _as not a ne_ guy and had verifications! Work that one out! LOL

» Add a new message to this topic