FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Stood up?

Stood up?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hilm2011 OP   Man  over a year ago

Canvey Island

What's a reasonable amount of time to wait around if you think you might've been stood up? I'm thinking about 20 minutes at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i wouldnt wait longer than ten mins x

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I work on 30 minutes if i have not had a call to say they are not coming.

But i generally text them after 20 just asking if they have a time they will be arriving.

Time are all give or take the last couple of mouthfuls of beer / coffee depending where i am.

Forum Mod

We're normally in touch with meets giving leaving times ect,if we're going to be a bit late we let them know and vice versa,if you know then its not so bad,if you're left standing with no idea of whats going on or any contact then I would'nt hang around for anyone

I did have someone turn up unacceptably late once,when he finally did arrive I told him to go as id lost interest in him

By *hilm2011 OP   Man  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Fair enough. Giving up now and going home alone. Waited 30 minutes in case they had to get the next train. Oh well

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I generally only social meet in a place I'm going to be Starbucks, Costa, pub, so I'm there having coffee, lunch etc. So waiting around looking dumb on my own isn't really an issue, I just get my book out, and have coffee or food!!

Depends if there is communication or not. If nothing then they'd be lucky to get a half hour wait. If they are stuck on public transport then i'd expect updates or at least a call.

We have to use public transport and always txt if we are running late.

As a virgo i prefer to be early.

Dont forget if they are on an underground tube you cant get signal

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Did u have a number to stay in contact ?...i always text before setting of just in case they can't make it for some reason.

"Did u have a number to stay in contact ?...i always text before setting of just in case they can't make it for some reason."

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If they go silent and I hear nothing just prior to a meet, its a safe bet they won't be coming.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"If they go silent and I hear nothing just prior to a meet, its a safe bet they won't be coming."

Probably 30 minutes. Its a horrible feeling as it dawns on you 'You been Tangoed'

I've had some-one not turn up in the past but they were still texting me ten minutes after due time saying they were running a little late, so even with texts you never can tell.

Sorry you met a time waster though, make sure you report them for all the good it does.

all too common I am afraid

half an hour is more thna enough - you did well - and if of course they need proof that you tried - well you got it on here

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I always meet socially for a coffee first. i make it quite clear I don't do waiting. I arrange to meet during my lunch hour outside Marks, where I go for a sandwich anyway.

If I set a time go there and I don't see them, I wouldn't slow my step just grab my sandwich and back to my desk.

They've all turned up so far.

Till I finish the next drink

"If they go silent and I hear nothing just prior to a meet, its a safe bet they won't be coming. "

x2

Most ive waited is 1 hour because i went to meet up with someone in Nottingham. so had to wait for the next train home still annoys me to this day when she still text me for 40 minutes afterward.

if i was meeting someone and they was running late id expect a message letting me know, in which cause i would wait till the next agreed time, ie if they said sorry, shit trafic will be about 20 mins late, id wait 20 mins

If they didnt message me to let me know they was running late if i was meeting them at say 7pm and at 7pm they wasnt there id leave

Anyone with manners would let you know if they will be late to me not being there at arranged time and no message meens they arnt coming

"If they go silent and I hear nothing just prior to a meet, its a safe bet they won't be coming.

x2

"

if they go quiet on teh day of the meet i dont even go

I will message them asking to confirm they will be there and tell them if they dont reply the meets off

I know naming and shaming is a no-go on Fabs but it would be helpful if there was some kind of 'feedback' on no-shows. Even if there was something like the buyer/seller feedback on Ebay which just gives a percentage it would be an advantage. If it listed the number of meets arranged and had a %age 'DNS' (Did Not Show) then you could read what you wished into it. I know it would be making meets and arranging them more clinical, but there are a lot of people spending a load of cash (not to mention their time) going to meet and it turning out to be a complete waste of time and money..

We're one of the lucky ones - not had it happen to us yet on Fabs, but did happen to both of us before we met on the sites we were on then.

"If they go silent and I hear nothing just prior to a meet, its a safe bet they won't be coming.

x2

I will message them asking to confirm they will be there and tell them if they dont reply the meets off"

That's my approach. I don't even bother to get showered. Just get me jammies on and chill. Maybe that will bite me on the ass one day! They will turn up and I will look a fright, place a mess, bed not made! LOL Then they will put up a thread about some mucky bugger they met on a meet!!

By *i de BiCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

x2

I will message them asking to confirm they will be there and tell them if they dont reply the meets off"

We tend to text about 3 hours before a meet to double check its still on ,as it takes Ruth a good hour to get ready & probably 30mins to travel. So in our book ,no reply within 2 hours of meet we dont bother getting ready.Our record of no shows/cancelled meets was 4 in a month.

x2

I will message them asking to confirm they will be there and tell them if they dont reply the meets off

We tend to text about 3 hours before a meet to double check its still on ,as it takes Ruth a good hour to get ready & probably 30mins to travel. So in our book ,no reply within 2 hours of meet we dont bother getting ready.Our record of no shows/cancelled meets was 4 in a month."

I've had three in one weekend!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Fair enough. Giving up now and going home alone. Waited 30 minutes in case they had to get the next train. Oh well "

Awww sorry to hear this happened. It feels shit doesn't it?

Never more than 30 mins unless their texts are suitabley apologetic and grovelling. I always take my Kindle to meets though so one day I'll probably get engrossed in a chapter and still be there an hour later.

15-20 mins is fine, don't mind the summer so much but not in winter brrrrr

"Most ive waited is 1 hour because i went to meet up with someone in Nottingham. so had to wait for the next train home still annoys me to this day when she still text me for 40 minutes afterward. "

I would have blocked her, if someone doesn't text me back when I text the 'where are you?', I just block them from my phone and here

I just dont get people that do that say you cant make it be a Man/Woman about it.

No excuse for making someone travel for no reason bad news is always better than a wasted journey.

Problem is if someone is travelling on the train or the tube it's possible they may not have any signal, I've arranged to meet friends before and been stuck on a train and they've had to wait an hour. Fortunately as a friend they hung around but with meets it's never guaranteed

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Most of my gentleman text me as they are leaving, and give me an approx time of arrival.

If i was meeting in a pub or something and they dissapeared of the radar id leave as soon as id finished my drink.

If someone goes of the radar just before due time, rightly or wrongly i would just assume they wouldnt be coming

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I did something silly once, well silly in my book, when i used to travel i arranged to meet a guy in birmingham(before i knew birmingham) at the train station. I was staying over night. I caught a train in the evening and it wasnt until i was on the train that i realized if he wasnt there i would of missed the last one home.

Thankfully he was there

"If they go silent and I hear nothing just prior to a meet, its a safe bet they won't be coming."

Yep, it's a classic time-waster signature. They've had their cheap thrill with the build-up, texting etc. but when it actually comes to it for real... silence!

x2

We tend to text about 3 hours before a meet to double check its still on ,as it takes Ruth a good hour to get ready & probably 30mins to travel. So in our book ,no reply within 2 hours of meet we dont bother getting ready.Our record of no shows/cancelled meets was 4 in a month.

I've had three in one weekend! "

i have to be honest in the 11 years of doing this i have only ever had 2 no shows, one was a couple from another site about 8 years ago and one was a single guy from off here last year

I do get a lot of guys mail me and cancel on the day, but so long as they let me know before ive got ready and left the house its ok as lets be honest as a single woman it dont take long to replace them, but ive done pretty good with escaping no shows so far

x2

We tend to text about 3 hours before a meet to double check its still on ,as it takes Ruth a good hour to get ready & probably 30mins to travel. So in our book ,no reply within 2 hours of meet we dont bother getting ready.Our record of no shows/cancelled meets was 4 in a month."

4?? We had a no-show last night, that doesn't make me very confident for the future.

I'm guessing you've had more that were successful though??

x2

That's my approach. I don't even bother to get showered. Just get me jammies on and chill. Maybe that will bite me on the ass one day! They will turn up and I will look a fright, place a mess, bed not made! LOL Then they will put up a thread about some mucky bugger they met on a meet!! "

And guess what happened last night! LOL FOrtunately I managed to get hold of him in time and was able to get ready! But it was a close call!

» Add a new message to this topic