FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Dry spells?

Dry spells?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but I'm having no luck lately.

These past few weeks I've messaged people, messages been read but not deleted. I've typed what I would consider decent messages, I've checked that I meet requirements, I'm not too far away etc. But nothing.

I've had meets previously but seem to be hitting a brick wall lately.

Any advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just keep at it and don't lose faith.....I have the same problem on here myself where I just feel the site goes through phases of good and bad but the good always outweighs the bad spells for me which is what keeps me here

Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep that faith lol.

Things may have turned already today

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

It happens, you just have to keep at it. That's a comment made after years of experience!

every bad phase follows by a good one... so keep trying, you got nothing to loose

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Not sure you would call mine a dry spell more a sub Saharan dust storm drought akin to that seen on Mars

Dont you hate the read but not deleted... its a nearly but not quite!!

Like you I only message people that I feel a connection with, always read the profile and always write a full message.

I think the ladies get soooo many messages there is a natural propensity to think something better is just round the corner and they miss the very decent guy right in front of them..

Keep trying and dont give up.. Its worth it in the end.. or so I am told

"Don't you hate the read but not deleted... its a nearly but not quite!!"
It's not just single guys who get this. We had to take a few weeks break recently as Perky was ill, and now we're back we've messaged all the couples we were talking to (and who were interested in us) and all have read our messages, but only two have got back in touch - all the others are just 'Read'. Actually wonder whether we should just give them a fixed time (3 days maybe?) to respond, otherwise block them and delete the message..

"Now I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but I'm having no luck lately.

These past few weeks I've messaged people, messages been read but not deleted. I've typed what I would consider decent messages, I've checked that I meet requirements, I'm not too far away etc. But nothing.

I've had meets previously but seem to be hitting a brick wall lately.

Any advice? "

Depends how long you 'dry spell' has been. If you're meeting couples, they tend to have annoying kids (Ha ha!) who a. want to go on hols in the summer, and b. need to go back to school in sept. So.... the people you want to meet will probably be a bit preoccupied with all of that. Clubs go quiet over the summer too, for the same reasons.

Just have to tough it out and keep in there. Pity we're out of your age range on your couples profile cos we would have liked to talk....

"

Don't you hate the read but not deleted... its a nearly but not quite!!

"

Lol, that's exactly what it's like. I've now started deleting after about a week, have been surprised before though & got a message back!

"

Just have to tough it out and keep in there. Pity we're out of your age range on your couples profile cos we would have liked to talk....

"

Sadly Wifey is no longer playing I hope one day she changes her mind again.

However looking at your profile, on occasions you meet men for a MMF. So maybe we should talk.

» Add a new message to this topic