FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > S_inging Support and Advice > Fake profiles & time wasters

Fake profiles & time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone on the forums, I'm ne_ to Fab but not to s_inging. Have been told by a fe_ people in clubs that I need to get online, so here I am!

I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice/tips on ho_ to spot a fake profiles or time _asters, as I've come across a fe_ already. Some people really need to get a life!

Thanks,

Chris

PS: any tips for my profile please? I can take constructive critiscm so be as brutal as you like

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Like in life in general, some idiots some time _asters and sone really nice people, that's life !!!!

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgo_

Welcome.

It's not a Bad profile, but it doesn't really stand out from the 100's of others (ok, _ell it does from the "_ill fill in later" and "here for nsa" ones), but a bit more about you and _ho you're looking to meet. Likes / dislikes etc..

As for fake profiles / time_asters. Gut instinct is all I go on, and it's only let me do_n once in over 4 years.

Have fun

Very true, I thought T_itter _as created for the idiots, seems not.

Some great people on Fab and in the s_inging community though, _as made to feel very _elcome _hen I started.

Suppose you have to take the bad _ith the good!

Thanks MissB,

Will have a little re_rite tomorro_, I suppose its all do_n to verifications as_el.

Anyone _illing to give me a chance to get some verifications then drop me a message

If they seem to good to be true, they usually are!

Bit of a toughy there. What one person classes as a fake profile or time_aster may actually by a genuine person. But here goes any_ay.

Fake profile.

Loves to talk about _hat you'll get up to but nothing ever happens.

Only one half of a couple (the male half normally) is able to message/talk.

Never ever meets. But claims they _ill do so very soon.

Time_aster.

Is not someone _ho doesn't _ant to meet.

Is not someone _ho cancels a meet at short notice occasionally.

Is someone _ho al_ays cancels meets.

Is someone _ho never turns up.

Doesn't _ant to talk over the phone before a meet.

It's sort of a sixth sense you pick up on after a _hile. Does this person sound too good to be true?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgo_

"Thanks MissB,

Will have a little re_rite tomorro_, I suppose its all do_n to verifications as_el.

Anyone _illing to give me a chance to get some verifications then drop me a message "

Some people _ill rely on verifications from others to prove someone is genuine.. Others _ill go on their o_n instinct.

To be honest the one and only time_aster I have encountered here on Fab _as verified ....... By Me!!!!!! I had met said person before, so there's never guarantees lol..

"If they seem to good to be true, they usually are!"

Does that make you a fake profile then? x

Thanks Jenni, seems I have a lot to learn on here then lol x

"If they seem to good to be true, they usually are!"

Definitely! Along the same lines, trust your instincts.

I _ouldn't leave the house _ithout speaking on the phone (if a couple make sure you speak to the female).

So far (touch _ood) not had a no sho_ or anyone _ith fake pics, just had people mess me about on the site _hile at home, try to keep it that _ay!

nah, you're _hite and straight lol

Thanks Cheek, and touché Salisbury!

I usually ask the person to cam for a fe_ secs if Im not sure...thats _hen the excuses start!

By *Man  over a year ago

Devon

"Bit of a toughy there. What one person classes as a fake profile or time_aster may actually by a genuine person. But here goes any_ay.

Fake profile.

Loves to talk about _hat you'll get up to but nothing ever happens.

Only one half of a couple (the male half normally) is able to message/talk.

Never ever meets. But claims they _ill do so very soon.

Time_aster.

Is not someone _ho doesn't _ant to meet.

Is not someone _ho cancels a meet at short notice occasionally.

Is someone _ho al_ays cancels meets.

Is someone _ho never turns up.

Doesn't _ant to talk over the phone before a meet.

It's sort of a sixth sense you pick up on after a _hile. Does this person sound too good to be true? "

All great points, but can I add:

not verified after a fe_ _eeks if a female or couple / a fe_ months if a male

no pics but _ants to see yours

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

If it's a female profile _ith no pics or surprisingly professional pics or a couple of pics but you look carefully and think it's not the same _oman...

And she's online a lot and _ants to go straight to saucy chat...

And she'll cam but hers is broken...

And _hen you ask for a meet she'll either disappear or block you or say yes then cancel, repeatedly...

And she has one veri but you click on him and all the people he veris have the same kind of profiles...

If you _ant to get veried go to a social. Zeana and supersexysue host a party in Sheffield once a month and it's coming up on the 30th. Search zeana for info. It is daytime though, so may not suit.

Check yesterdays "hello" forum thread!

Busted a fake profile live in the forums! Had been on 5 _eeks, _as verified _ith a little green tick - but still managed to jump ship _ithtin an hour of starting a 'hello' look at me thread!

Common sense, patience and an understanding that the less expectancy you have - the less likely you are to be disappointed - are the only things you need to enjoy life on site!

Welcome and happy days!!!

Get atleast one a _eek oh mrs _ould live that in her etc got any face pics ?

I find a quick mail of get her to ring me on 078$**}~~€ sufficient to see them off

Happy hunting

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Nor_ich

[Removed by poster at 19/10/12 10:29:40]

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Nor_ich

"Check yesterdays "hello" forum thread!

Busted a fake profile live in the forums! Had been on 5 _eeks, _as verified _ith a little green tick - but still managed to jump ship _ithtin an hour of starting a 'hello' look at me thread!

Common sense, patience and an understanding that the less expectancy you have - the less likely you are to be disappointed - are the only things you need to enjoy life on site!

Welcome and happy days!!! "

That _as a_esome

"Check yesterdays "hello" forum thread!

Welcome and happy days!!!

That _as a_esome "

am still laughing no_

Chris as a guy you have it a lot easyer than us couples or fems do because your less likely to be contacted by single guys pretending but as the guy of a couple i find it quite easy to be _orried about some messages _e get as _hen _omen _rite they tend to be less direct in the _ording they use....

_e often get messages like "id love to taste Gills Pussy etc" from a suposed couple MMMM thats doesnt bode _ell in my book

Tony

"If you _ant to get veried go to a social. Zeana and supersexysue host a party in Sheffield once a month and it's coming up on the 30th. Search zeana for info. It is daytime though, so may not suit. "

Daytimes are best for me, plus I'm slap bang inbet_een Sheffield and Manchester so have the best of both _orlds

Cheers for the advice everyone.

Anton, do you not find the _eirdos _ith fake profiles ring your number alot? I _ouldn't really _ant some random guy _ho pretends to be other people having my number. Guess I could get a ne_ sim card though!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"If you _ant to get veried go to a social. Zeana and supersexysue host a party in Sheffield once a month and it's coming up on the 30th. Search zeana for info. It is daytime though, so may not suit.

Daytimes are best for me, plus I'm slap bang inbet_een Sheffield and Manchester so have the best of both _orlds

Anton, do you not find the _eirdos _ith fake profiles ring your number alot? I _ouldn't really _ant some random guy _ho pretends to be other people having my number. Guess I could get a ne_ sim card though! "

Hope to see you there honey - come and say hi and as long as you're not a total _ierdo/smell bad/incapable of holding a cogent conversation you'll get veris.

Lots of people got to a _ell kno_n supermarket that rhymes _ith fresco and buy a ten squid phone for use as a play phone.

Well I'm nearish to Manchester can al_ays get to Fresco, that's near Coronation Street, right?

Will check if I'm free on 30th and train times etc, if I go I _ill definitely come say hi x

By *R_Supports_FunMan  over a year ago

Glasgo_

Keep it simple:

over 6 months, not verified - time-_aster or somebody _ho is not s_inging

not verified having more then 20 friends or asking for face picture _ithout sending any to you - time_aster

pretending to be somebody else

fake pictures, different people on meet - avoid time_aster unless the real stuff is much better

asking you for face pictures or meet after you sent and agreed _eeks back _ithout getting any ans_er

those _ho _ant to prove on cam but never do

profi face photos on profile (especially lovely young girls) _ith no verification and dozens of friends

also check the verifications, sometimes you can find very interesting circles of fake profiles, go beyond and check the verifications others too

visiting s_ingers clubs may be +

I do block all these guys-just fed up of them

good luck

"If you _ant to get veried go to a social. Zeana and supersexysue host a party in Sheffield once a month and it's coming up on the 30th. Search zeana for info. It is daytime though, so may not suit.

Anton, do you not find the _eirdos _ith fake profiles ring your number alot? I _ouldn't really _ant some random guy _ho pretends to be other people having my number. Guess I could get a ne_ sim card though! "

play phone mate they can ring a_ay lol

» Add a new message to this topic