FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Face Pic on public?

Face Pic on public?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *GE154 OP   Man  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Just wondering, do some people immediately get put off if someone doesnt have a face pic set on private, I almost always send one with my first message but does it put people off messaging others without seeing their face?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doesnt bother me at all as long as they have one somewhere

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I envy those people whose circumstances allow them to publicly display a face photo.

For many reasons, I can't go that far (my face photos are private).

Basingstoke

I was curious as to whether that made a difference to people when sending a message

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

As long as you are able to send on here at some point, I don't mind in the slightest, it's the one's that want to either text or email it direct to me, I don't like

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"As long as you are able to send on here at some point, I don't mind in the slightest, it's the one's that want to either text or email it direct to me, I don't like "

That annoys me too..as if im going to give out my tel number or email to anyone. I do like to see a face pic and will return one.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"

I was curious as to whether that made a difference to people when sending a message"

It only makes a difference to me when someone doesn't have a face pic in private but wants to be your friend.

I won't have a face pic on so don't care if others don't.

"

I was curious as to whether that made a difference to people when sending a message

It only makes a difference to me when someone doesn't have a face pic in private but wants to be your friend.

I won't have a face pic on so don't care if others don't."

By *idsmixedcplCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

I can totally understand people being put off, but we are sooooo paranoid about face pics because of work. So would only send them if we were fairly likely to meet someone.

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

As we live in Guernsey we do not have face pics in our profile, but we do have them in our private folder for when we want someone to be friends, we do not accept friend requests unless we have spoke to them.

So on that note we understand why people do not have face pics on their profile and we will still contact them.

If we are chatting to people from the uk then we will send a pic sooner rather than later as well..........they are not in Guernsey

Some use technology as the excuse, that's wearing thin these days.

While I can understand some who choose not to display a picture on their public profile due to their employment or in case of identification by their peers, I consider a private or friends only face picture to be a non-damaging and acceptable thing to have on a profile.

I recently had a protracted discussion with someone who was hell-bent on the idea that I was somehow another from this person's employ, despite me living the best part of sixty miles away and there being more chance of him knowing a complete stranger on the street than me. Needless to say instead of the classic Western cowboy gunslinger's showdown we simply walked away and left this guy with his own conspiracy paralysis that cost him a meet - regrettable.

Face pictures are useful and lack of them can cost someone a meet!

Wolf

By *eterpan6b1Couple  over a year ago

Hedon

What we never understand is people that wink without any photo never mind a face photo.

Basingstoke

"What we never understand is people that wink without any photo never mind a face photo."

sheer hope?

By *idsmixedcplCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"Some use technology as the excuse, that's wearing thin these days.

While I can understand some who choose not to display a picture on their public profile due to their employment or in case of identification by their peers, I consider a private or friends only face picture to be a non-damaging and acceptable thing to have on a profile.

"

But unfortunately that's not the view of a number of public sector employers, and teachers/doctors/ police etc can be put in a very awkward position if someone complains.

I had a vanilla friend who needed help in tracking down someone who may or may not be on FAB, and sent me a pic of the said gent fully clothed in a normal setting.

I replied it is no good as pics are usually from head down, wearing not a lot etc...

My friend was lost for words, bless him!

We hide our rude ones .... luckily we are happy to show our faces publicly and would sooner people see what we look like from the onset, rather than recieve a photo and have to make an excuse to decline us, after they have fainted with the shock

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman  over a year ago

amersham

Happy to send face pics but I do prefer to email them as I think if you send/post them on here by any method they get the FABSWINGERS logo and username plastered all over it. Not good

"As long as you are able to send on here at some point, I don't mind in the slightest, it's the one's that want to either text or email it direct to me, I don't like "

By *ontana31Man  over a year ago

renfrew

yeah defo but beggers cant be choosers lol

"Just wondering, do some people immediately get put off if someone doesnt have a face pic set on private, I almost always send one with my first message but does it put people off messaging others without seeing their face?"

Not at all. I don't have a public face pic so why should anyone else. I would want one in a message though, and am happy to reciprocate.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

As long as they have one they can send if asked.....

"Happy to send face pics but I do prefer to email them as I think if you send/post them on here by any method they get the FABSWINGERS logo and username plastered all over it. Not good "

Same here.

"As long as you are able to send on here at some point, I don't mind in the slightest, it's the one's that want to either text or email it direct to me, I don't like

"

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

We don't have face pics on our public profile as any old snooper can see who we are. They're on our private pics and we'll only accept friends if we're likely to be able to meet and tick all the right boxes. We wouldn't meet anyone without seeing their facial pics first, but you can have these as private photos and send them that way.

If you want to put facial pics on your public profiles that's your choice- but what we can't understand is why some people's pics have them scowling or looking glum, an instant turn-off. A smile costs nothing, and really makes people look more attractive.

We really don't give a tosser if they have a face pic on their profile or not because at some point during our subsequent chat we always arrange to see who we're talking to and if eventually we don't get to see that pic, we don't meet .... end of story

Nothing lost, nothing gained

I must admit I don't message a person with no face pic... I'd feel like a twat if I made first contact then didn't find them attractive.

You often see people whining about that..

...ooh poor me... THEY contacted me FIRST then had the cheek to NOT fancy me when hey saw my pick...boohoo.

I can't be arsed with the whinging mostly so don't bother.

"Just wondering, do some people immediately get put off if someone doesnt have a face pic set on private, I almost always send one with my first message but does it put people off messaging others without seeing their face?"

I'd be more wary of anyone saying their face pics are in their private gallery and 'can we send you a friends invite so you can see them?'. The answer to that is you can attach them to any message... that tends to put them off.. !

Interested what's prompted the question...

I do prefer to see a face picture as its not much fun meeting someone only to find that had they had one, I would not have met them

"Some use technology as the excuse, that's wearing thin these days.

I recently had a protracted discussion with someone who was hell-bent on the idea that I was somehow another from this person's employ, despite me living the best part of sixty miles away and there being more chance of him knowing a complete stranger on the street than me. Needless to say instead of the classic Western cowboy gunslinger's showdown we simply walked away and left this guy with his own conspiracy paralysis that cost him a meet - regrettable.

Face pictures are useful and lack of them can cost someone a meet!

Wolf

"

Spoilsport, was looking for some fun at dawn

I have one visible, It may put people off but it saves time. I do like one if people contacts me though.

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Not put off no but equally who wants a blind date? It doesn't have to be on their profile (wed love to be able to do this) but to see it after a few messages between each other .

The common sense approach is for both male and female to have at least one half decent face piccy in their private gallery or one available to send if requested. Nothing more annoying than being invited as a friend and then opening up the prive gallery to see yet another mountain of cock, boob and bum pix. For us simple rule is NO FACE PICCY. NO MEETY.

We did meet a couple recently which had another approach which we thought was quite sensible but could lead to a time waste and needless journey. Their approach was if you haven't got a face piccy and they turn up then be prepared to not be offended if they get up and leave with no playing taking place. i.e they are not attracted and think you are ugly or something. However we wouldn't really want to put ourselves or the other people through that embarassment.

By *vana sukalotWoman  over a year ago

In a land of make believe (Derby)

I was a bit paranoid about having a face pic on show, but with the way the Internet is now anyone can copy photos from anywhere your pictures are posted. Though I don't have any incriminating photos so I couldn't give a toss I'm not doing anything illegal

We have face pics in our private gallery and pics together to prove we are a couple. They wouldn't ever be public. It's not because of work but simply because I would like to have a certain degree of control on who see's them. If we were to get local people we know on here then at least all they get is pics with no guaranteed proof of who it is. Its another reason we go by alias's on here.

That being said. We have no trouble at all showing all our pics and revealing our correct names to people once we have spoken and they like the look of us

» Add a new message to this topic