FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocking blockers

Blocking blockers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Problem: we have a man who we know has 2 profiles and we don't want any contact with him. We are unable (I think) to block him as he has blocked us, however we know he has done this so he can routinely unblocks us so he can view our profile then re block us again. Is there a way that we can block someone who has blocked us. I sent a message identifying the profiles to admin asking if they could block him on our behalf but no response.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes go to your block list, type his profile name and click to block, or if you still have a message from him, click the block and delete icons on there

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Go to your block list on the desktop site and just type the username in the "block by username" box at the top

Forum Mod

There is still an option to block if you try to look at his profile you will see where that option is

Or you can manually block by going into your block list and manually typing the user name in

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

can you remember his name write it in the block box and you block the back,Thats what I do if I find im blocked by anyone.I agree dont want them slipping back in and viewing my pics.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

having said that I did it with one chap that blocked me and he still doesnt come up on my block list so dont know why that is.

I've tried the type by username as we do know his Profile names but after we do that his profiles still don't appear on our block list. Does this mean he's still blocked?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I've tried the type by username as we do know his Profile names but after we do that his profiles still don't appear on our block list. Does this mean he's still blocked?"

If you've reported him, often those don't show on the list I think, but will still be blocked.

We didn't report him as such as he was a pest but we wouldn't class him as being abusive or anything. We said in our message to admin we weren't looking to have him banned or deleted just asking if they would block him on our behalf so we still don't really know if he's blocked or not as he isn't appearing on our block list. We know the profiles are still there as they're on some others friends and verification lists.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"We didn't report him as such as he was a pest but we wouldn't class him as being abusive or anything. We said in our message to admin we weren't looking to have him banned or deleted just asking if they would block him on our behalf so we still don't really know if he's blocked or not as he isn't appearing on our block list. We know the profiles are still there as they're on some others friends and verification lists."

If he's admin blocked he won't show on your block list.

Yes but our issue is admin didn't reply ( we know they're busy) so we have no idea if they are blocked or not x

Forum Mod

"Yes but our issue is admin didn't reply ( we know they're busy) so we have no idea if they are blocked or not x"

They won't reply they simply don't have enough hrs in the day to do that unless they employed a team of people to respond to every single report put in

That would mean a free site would quickly become a very expensive site to be on

But it's not a free site for those of us who are site supporters.

Forum Mod

"But it's not a free site for those of us who are site supporters."

Just found this from admin in the FAQs

You don't respond to any of our mails.

We do this for fun and get hundreds of mails a day so we can't respond personally to questions about the site or your account. If we responded to everything that people sent us, we'd spend all our time (and more!) doing that and not improving/running/fixing the site. Or, we'd have to employ customer service goons to read and respond to questions from a minority of users at everyone's expense and we'd not be able to do as much as we can for so little cost to you. We do read all mail you send and encourage feedback. If you have reported a problem with the site we will fix it.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

All I can suggest is to post this in the Fabswingers.com site feedback forum as the admin are likely to see your message and reply.

Yes, we've read it and know all that. Still not the foggiest bit clearer if those profiles are blocked from viewing us or not.

"All I can suggest is to post this in the Fabswingers.com site feedback forum as the admin are likely to see your message and reply."

Ok, will give that a try, thanks

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I wouldn't bother about someone looking at our profile - how do you know and why would you care if he unblocks you and looks at your profile? Does it hurt? if he messages you, you have the ability to block from the message. I wouldn't spend any time moithering about something so insignificant. Z

It's not insignificant to us.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"It's not insignificant to us."

Obviously! Z

"I wouldn't bother about someone looking at our profile - how do you know and why would you care if he unblocks you and looks at your profile? Does it hurt? if he messages you, you have the ability to block from the message. I wouldn't spend any time moithering about something so insignificant. Z"

I agree with this. Do the block by username thing, if that doesn't work then so be it. It is a free site, the site supporter fee of £5 does not give you the same privileges as a pay site, it is merely to have a few extra options.

So what if this person views your profile. He could do it regardless by setting up various profiles. Why waste your time worrying over it. You're not being forced to have sex with him so just forget it. If you can't forget it and it is bothering you too much, then again you can put an end to this permanently

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yes, we've read it and know all that. Still not the foggiest bit clearer if those profiles are blocked from viewing us or not."

If you can't see it in your block list it means Admin have done as you asked

Thanks Rugby, question answered. There's more to it than just what we put in the post here

Which we didnt want to air in bublic but which we had explained in the message to admin so were not just being thin skinned about the guy. Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

"But it's not a free site for those of us who are site supporters."

No, but it's a ridiculously cheap site for those who are.... Sites cost money to run and this one is run on a shoestring by comparison to others.

Yes we agree, ridiculously cheap... But not free, that's what we said. Thanks for your comments anyway, our issue has been resolved x

The only problem with Admin blocking the user, is that if you need to report the user again and they are not on your block list, you cant use the 'report this user' option.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

But if they are blocked from any contact why would there be a need to report them?

» Add a new message to this topic