FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Verification time limits

Verification time limits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eerise OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

Sorry if this question has already been asked:

I have been approached by a man today that had no verifications so I rejected him, he came back and asked me the reason why so I said it was due to him not having no verifications.

3hrs later he sends me a message saying he has a verification now but the girl that verified him said she met him weeks ago

So my question is if you have met someone in person is there a time limit like a day from meeting to write your verification? I don't want to get hoodwinked and end up in a bad situation if people are giving out fake verifications.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'd be more worried tat he 'magically' got someone to verify him just to get you to meet him.

I don't mind how long it takes someone to verify me and a couple of guys have taken a week or so to do so, but this just seems a bit too good to be true.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'd be more worried tat he 'magically' got someone to verify him just to get you to meet him.

I don't mind how long it takes someone to verify me and a couple of guys have taken a week or so to do so, but this just seems a bit too good to be true."

Definitely, that'd give us a poirot moment too

Wolf

Does seem a bit odd, but perhaps he never held much stock in verifications, but had actually met people?

Could be the case that he'd never bothered to get any of them to verify, and you could have been the first person to reject him based on having none! So when you did he got one of them to write him one?

Just a possibility, I guess there is no way of knowing, and I'm sure there must be some false veris out there...

"I'd be more worried tat he 'magically' got someone to verify him just to get you to meet him.

I don't mind how long it takes someone to verify me and a couple of guys have taken a week or so to do so, but this just seems a bit too good to be true."

I have reported him so hopefully this will not happen again as I am sick of people even changing where they live on their profile just so I will meet them and yes I have reported them when I have realized what they have done.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Reported him for what?

I've verified people month's later as they message me and I realise I haven't.

I always know who I have met. So if he had been someone I met I would have wrote one on asking. However I'd have also put that in the verification.

Cali

"

So my question is if you have met someone in person is there a time limit like a day from meeting to write your verification?"

Of course not. Unless everyone is required to tell admin of a meet beforehand.

you could write it ten years later

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't mind how long it takes someone to verify me and a couple of guys have taken a week or so to do so, but this just seems a bit too good to be true.

I have reported him so hopefully this will not happen again as I am sick of people even changing where they live on their profile just so I will meet them and yes I have reported them when I have realized what they have done."

I am still not sure why you reported him....

and people have been known to change where they live if they are going somewhere for a bit so they can get on local meet lists.... and so they can see others on the local meet lists...

sometimes people look for sinister stuff there when there isn't any....

I too am wondering why you reported the guy! And what you reported FOR!! Maybe the guy wasn't interested in veris or didn't need them until he msged you and then thought he should maybe get one or two, so, he maybe asked one of his older meets to veri him!

People seem to read FAR TOO much into the most mundane things on here!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Personally I'd worry about someone who relies on the opinions of total strangers to decide whether they met another total stranger...but that's just me.

"Sorry if this question has already been asked:

I have been approached by a man today that had no verifications so I rejected him, he came back and asked me the reason why so I said it was due to him not having no verifications.

3hrs later he sends me a message saying he has a verification now but the girl that verified him said she met him weeks ago

So my question is if you have met someone in person is there a time limit like a day from meeting to write your verification? I don't want to get hoodwinked and end up in a bad situation if people are giving out fake verifications. "

No there isn't and I don't believe there should be. In any case, how would you police it? If someone said they met 3 weeks ago, it could actually be 3 years ago, so how relevant would it be?

I couldn't say whether I would be worried about the fact that he suddenly came up with a veri, but it does smell a tad fishy.. I would be looking for all sorts of other 'clues' on his profile and in what he has said to you so far before I would jump to conclusions though

"Personally I'd worry about someone who relies on the opinions of total strangers to decide whether they met another total stranger...but that's just me. "

totally agree. I'd never meet someone just cause someone else verified them. Chances are the veri is genuine cause why would the woman put it was weeks ago? I never put a date in any veri I do. I have verified guys months after meeting before. Just depends if I have time to write the veri.

So my question is if you have met someone in person is there a time limit like a day from meeting to write your verification? I don't want to get hoodwinked and end up in a bad situation if people are giving out fake verifications. "

Just as a matter of interest why would someone with no verification insist on only meeting verified people?

Surely you more than anyone understands we all need to start someone and we just need that one person to have faith in us

So my question is if you have met someone in person is there a time limit like a day from meeting to write your verification? I don't want to get hoodwinked and end up in a bad situation if people are giving out fake verifications.

Just as a matter of interest why would someone with no verification insist on only meeting verified people?

Surely you more than anyone understands we all need to start someone and we just need that one person to have faith in us

"

The OP is verified. It's just hidden, which begs a slightly different question...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Lol one of my veries took 4 years to write one Hahaah doesnt make me less genuine

The OP is verified. It's just hidden, which begs a slightly different question... "

In which case I apologies I'm on my phone so using the mobile app and its just showing as not verified

By *idsmixedcplCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Lol our verifications are from people we've known 10 yrs+, so I hope not!!

we are all differnt in who and what we want from this site! It is the ladies choice to stipulate and stick with who and what she wants! We all have our likes/dislikes wants/don't wants! In the ladies defence I think she is right to be selective but possibly overly keen to report!

We all make mistakes...

"I too am wondering why you reported the guy! And what you reported FOR!! Maybe the guy wasn't interested in veris or didn't need them until he msged you and then thought he should maybe get one or two, so, he maybe asked one of his older meets to veri him!

People seem to read FAR TOO much into the most mundane things on here! "

Because he asked me if I would verify him as in met in person so I refused as I have never met him in person nor on cam and that's when he came back a few hours later telling me he has now been verified.

I send a copy of the whole conversation to admin as I wasn't sure if they can see message's so if what I done was mundane then sorry but I'm not going to be giving out fake verifications.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I too am wondering why you reported the guy! And what you reported FOR!! Maybe the guy wasn't interested in veris or didn't need them until he msged you and then thought he should maybe get one or two, so, he maybe asked one of his older meets to veri him!

Because he asked me if I would verify him as in met in person so I refused as I have never met him in person nor on cam and that's when he came back a few hours later telling me he has now been verified.

I send a copy of the whole conversation to admin as I wasn't sure if they can see message's so if what I done was mundane then sorry but I'm not going to be giving out fake verifications."

Your original post wasn't about him asking you to verify him though was it. If you'd added that salient point people wouldn't have asked why you reported him etc.

I send a copy of the whole conversation to admin as I wasn't sure if they can see message's so if what I done was mundane then sorry but I'm not going to be giving out fake verifications.

Your original post wasn't about him asking you to verify him though was it. If you'd added that salient point people wouldn't have asked why you reported him etc."

Because I was just asking about the first point only and leaving the other part for admin to deal with.

I send a copy of the whole conversation to admin as I wasn't sure if they can see message's so if what I done was mundane then sorry but I'm not going to be giving out fake verifications."

Well, with regards to your original post, not once did you mention that he 'asked for a fake veri'! You said you wdmren't interested because he didn't have one!

Well, with regards to your original post, not once did you mention that he 'asked for a fake veri'! You said you wdmren't interested because he didn't have one! "

Your right perhaps I should have told the full story and not left any bits out sorry for any confusion.

Well, with regards to your original post, not once did you mention that he 'asked for a fake veri'! You said you wdmren't interested because he didn't have one!

Your right perhaps I should have told the full story and not left any bits out sorry for any confusion."

No probs. . Best just to block him then!

Your right perhaps I should have told the full story and not left any bits out sorry for any confusion.

No probs. . Best just to block him then!"

I did hun sorry once again like I said I saw the question I raised as a separate matter

By *penyoureyes2722Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

People delete their accounts for all sorts of reasons. I have reverified guys in the past on their new accounts even though I met them months ago.

It does sound a bit fishy. As a single girl I prefer to meet someone who has been verified. Not necessarily what they have to say, but to see if they are genuine. It isn't fool proof, but it's worked for me so far. I also check who they have been verified by.

By *penyoureyes2722Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

People delete their accounts for all sorts of reasons. I have reverified guys in the past on their new accounts even though I met them months ago.

"It does sound a bit fishy. As a single girl I prefer to meet someone who has been verified. Not necessarily what they have to say, but to see if they are genuine. It isn't fool proof, but it's worked for me so far. I also check who they have been verified by."

Now that the OP has provided a key piece of information which was missing from her initial precis of what happened, there is a far more serious issue here - specially for any single woman relying on veris. This guy asked the OP to provide what amounts to a fake veri (in this case, a 'veri by meeting' when they had not).

If YOU (sorry, no italics available) then happened to look up this guys profile and saw a 'veri by meeting' from the OP, checked HER out and believed it all to be genuine and met him, what sort of Hornets Nest would you potentially be walking into? Let's say he had 5 or 6 other 'veris by meeting' showing - all of which looked on the level, but which in truth were obtained in the same way as the OP has described?

You could be, completely unwittingly, putting yourself in a lot of danger - no matter how many other steps you take to protect yourself - because the guy concerned has systematically gone about creating a completely false persona with intent to do...... ???

For that reason, that should be an immediate report to admin with full details.

There is another I step I would consider, but won't go into it here..

Pork

"It does sound a bit fishy. As a single girl I prefer to meet someone who has been verified. Not necessarily what they have to say, but to see if they are genuine. It isn't fool proof, but it's worked for me so far. I also check who they have been verified by.

Now that the OP has provided a key piece of information which was missing from her initial precis of what happened, there is a far more serious issue here - specially for any single woman relying on veris. This guy asked the OP to provide what amounts to a fake veri (in this case, a 'veri by meeting' when they had not).

If YOU (sorry, no italics available) then happened to look up this guys profile and saw a 'veri by meeting' from the OP, checked HER out and believed it all to be genuine and met him, what sort of Hornets Nest would you potentially be walking into? Let's say he had 5 or 6 other 'veris by meeting' showing - all of which looked on the level, but which in truth were obtained in the same way as the OP has described?

You could be, completely unwittingly, putting yourself in a lot of danger - no matter how many other steps you take to protect yourself - because the guy concerned has systematically gone about creating a completely false persona with intent to do...... ???

For that reason, that should be an immediate report to admin with full details.

There is another I step I would consider, but won't go into it here..

Pork"

I know there are some out there who have fake veris, but at some level you have to take a risk to meet. For me they need to be verified, have a face pic and I need to get on with them. I always meet for a drink first any way.

You know, everyone has to start out somewhere, and at some point everyone joins up unverified.

If everyone thought as you did, no one would ever verify anyone because no-one would ever meet unverified people.

Who knows, you probably missed out on a very good meet there.

» Add a new message to this topic