FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > hiding ALL verifications

hiding ALL verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

when I look at a profile that is verified by others and ALL verifications are hidden this makes a little suspicious of whether reliable. Am I being paranoid or sensible?

I assume others have encountered the same and wondered what others thought.. apologies if this been covered in other threads.. i not seen it discussed x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hide mine cus it's no one else's business who else I have met

Doesn't make me fake or unreliable but I can see why some people could do it to hide things x

We hide all of ours and are very reliable

We just prefer to keep who we meet private. It's never been an issue when we were looking for meets and now we not looking it doesn't matter.

For us veris like pics we take on meets are private.

If hiding our veris means we miss out on a meet well they probably weren't our type anyway.

I think some people like to be very private cause of jobs etc. others maybe that they have a verification for webcam but not a meet been on a long time so hide as we the viewers will not know. But some may be having problems with other members so to avoid it spilling over to there profile choose to hide so others are no affected.

We hide all ours but will unhide on request. It's when someone wont unhide them that you have to worry. After reading some horror stories on forums about people contacting your veris we decided it was for the best

Forum Mod

It has been asked before but that does'nt mean it can't be asked again

Im one of those that hides them all,I really don't feel the need to have them on show to anyone for a whole load of reasons,the main ones being discretion and privacy

I understand that this may make people view me with as a little suspect or think I have something to hide but that really does'nt bother me at all and it really does'nt hinder me either,we all do what we want with our own profiles and im more than happy with how I use mine

There's also the fact that when someone who's verified you leaves the site, the verification disappears but the flag stays.

We have ours hidden but we say on our profile that we will display them for people we might want to meet x

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

All of mine are hidden.

But that's because I am in fact a hairy-arsed builder called Derek from Newcastle....

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

We don't meet people who don't show their verifications.

We like to see verifications so we can make an informed choice if to meet people or not..if they have met others.. it's a good bet they will show.. while we don't take what is written as gospel.. we like to see what others have said, we can also look at the people they have met to, this also allows us to make an informed choice.

It's worked well for us, but we respect other choice not to show their verifications.

"We don't meet people who don't show their verifications.

We like to see verifications so we can make an informed choice if to meet people or not..if they have met others.. it's a good bet they will show.. while we don't take what is written as gospel.. we like to see what others have said, we can also look at the people they have met to, this also allows us to make an informed choice.

It's worked well for us, but we respect other choice not to show their verifications."

Although all ours are hidden at the moment, but that is because we are no longer meeting and only here to chat with people we already know, so it doesnt matter who we have met.

We have ours hidden and havent had any problems getting meets. If we were asked we could show them but it wont make us any more reliable than we are.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

You do what you want mate, and we'll do it our way.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thanks for all the comments - really useful, and have better understanding of why some people hide them.

I'm VERY surprised no-one asked why I am don't show verifications! One reason i hide a verification is its from a straight guy, and he didn't want it know he played with another guy..

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I hide mine for the same reason I hide my friends list. I'm very private and very discreet.

I didn't used to hide them but had a problem with an ex playmate going through my verification's and friends list and trying to get meets on the basis that he knew me.

There were also other problems that i wont get into but it wasn't pleasant and it's made me very protective of the friends and lovers I've meet via this site and no longer show them.

If someone wants to check how genuine I am, there's plenty of other ways that are more reliable than any verification that can be written on here

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I hide mine for the same reason I hide my friends list. I'm very private and very discreet.

I didn't used to hide them but had a problem with an ex playmate going through my verification's and friends list and trying to get meets on the basis that he knew me.

There were also other problems that i wont get into but it wasn't pleasant and it's made me very protective of the friends and lovers I've meet via this site and no longer show them.

If someone wants to check how genuine I am, there's plenty of other ways that are more reliable than any verification that can be written on here "

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I hide all but one...I don't need anyone knowing who I have met ..that's between me and the person/people involved....the one i show I think demonstrates I'm genuine but as am discovering on this site, each to their own. If someone hides all their verification and you don't like that...find someone else...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Think alot of people hide them cos people contact previous veries.. also I believe people judge you by who you meet.

"I hide mine cus it's no one else's business who else I have met

Doesn't make me fake or unreliable but I can see why some people could do it to hide things x"

[Removed by poster at 26/10/12 23:09:08]

realistically, men normally have to show verifications, our group is the biggest group and most tend to look for signs of meetups...that is why the main advice for those in need, is to get to some form of social event.For me, a phonecall for me solves half the problems and stops me meeting up with those who would wish to waste my time.I dont doubt anyone is not genuine but I do doubt their reliability to meet if things arent looking too promising.

It's very interesting to see how many hide all their verifications for one reason or another - and that the majority answering the op have done so .

We used to think it was suspicious when all veri's were hidden , but now see why some folk prefer to hide them , and indeed we dont show all ours either - more for the protection of others than ourselves .

We know folk may contact our veri's - and that's fine with us lol

We know we may miss out on potential meets as we have so many , and that's fine with us too !

We are on here for one reason only , and that's to have fun - we both have very public jobs in a small town and people we know may find out a and that's fine with us , because if they do it's only cus they are on here too !

Each to their own and all that - we meet newbies, verified and unverified singles, and couples and so far have little or no negativity from anyone - and the only time wasters have been verified so it doesn't make much difference one way or the other !

"It's very interesting to see how many hide all their verifications for one reason or another - and that the majority answering the op have done so .

We used to think it was suspicious when all veri's were hidden , but now see why some folk prefer to hide them , and indeed we dont show all ours either - more for the protection of others than ourselves .

We know folk may contact our veri's - and that's fine with us lol

We know we may miss out on potential meets as we have so many , and that's fine with us too !

We are on here for one reason only , and that's to have fun - we both have very public jobs in a small town and people we know may find out a and that's fine with us , because if they do it's only cus they are on here too !

Each to their own and all that - we meet newbies, verified and unverified singles, and couples and so far have little or no negativity from anyone - and the only time wasters have been verified so it doesn't make much difference one way or the other !

"

yes but you do show some its when members dont show any of their veris i find strange lol

"when I look at a profile that is verified by others and ALL verifications are hidden this makes a little suspicious of whether reliable. Am I being paranoid or sensible?

I assume others have encountered the same and wondered what others thought.. apologies if this been covered in other threads.. i not seen it discussed x"

I hide my verifications................because I can!!

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If I cannot see veris then I don't know if they actually meet and not just cam. So I simply pass them by.

"I hide mine cus it's no one else's business who else I have met

Doesn't make me fake or unreliable but I can see why some people could do it to hide things x"

as above

For us,hidden verifications on couples profiles mean there hiding something.

Some people are really open and some people are very private

I've never used verifications to assess people anyway

One mans meat is another's poison I make my mind up as do they xx

By *lipperyWhenWet!Couple  over a year ago

Rochester

We always leave them, but rarely show them, not that we have anything to hide, but we have been about long enough not to need them much and dont feel the need to prove it.

Seems to matter more for singles from what I've seen and experianced.

Al

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I always show some. But I don't show the ones that get into detail about play.

If someone contacts me who has hidden theirs then I ask if I can see one or two. Then, depending on how they reply, I add it to all the bits and pieces I am using to determine if I want to go to the next step with them.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I don't know any of you. You could all be psychotic nuts for all I know so your opinions mean diddly squat to me in all honesty.

Therefore seeking the opinions of total strangers to ascertain whether I invite another total stranger into my home and bed sounds ludicrous to me.

I talk to people, their verifications mean nothing to me. I talk on the phone and meet socially.

I've met some people socially who've been disastrous for me. When I've retrospectively checked their verifications they've been glowing!

Own opinion trumps others every time in my book.

If others don't want to meet me because mine are hidden be assured I will not be losing any sleep over it.

We put a limited number on: it shows we are serious!

while Ive said its not vitally important, the system is one of the best tools of any site Ive used...I can see it more as dependable knowing I'm meeting someone who meets(I'm not picking up on the verifications left too much)...but it is a system that has been abused(ie fake verifications)..in the last few months ive had some with a small amount of verifications trying for meets, with myself, or friends(amazingly...not ALL of us act like strangers, as a sense of swinging community some give better help to others...whether its word of mouth or basic "nice couple chat").The 'profiles' soon appear to vanish when I or ppl I know have tried chatting/getting a meet with the 'profile'

some will say...ahhh its silly, nobody wants to steal pics

some will say nobody will want to steal pics and have them publicly printed in some tabloid

wake up...

I'd work the verification system like i work my maths of the arseholes that use the scene, or abuse it.. the more people i see connected somehow thru meets...the better my aspirations of getting that meet are there.like i say, not reading entirely into whats been said about the profiles verify, thats where my main judgement ends.

unfortumnately I could possibly see a few profiles around me ion this forum alone..hiding their verifications....fine yes, but I would certainly like to know it wasnt a verification from 2006 and has been paraded as an 'active' profile, particularly when the given profile is setting out to get meets(in the present day and age lol)

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

I have the majority of verifications on display cos I have nothing to hide about what I have done or who with, however there have been 2 occasions in the past when I have messaged a couple (not specifically chasing after a meet) and the response was "well you have mer so and so and we don't like the look of her so we wouldn't meet you"

But from a personal point of view I would be wary of "all verifications hidden" profiles

"I have the majority of verifications on display cos I have nothing to hide about what I have done or who with, however there have been 2 occasions in the past when I have messaged a couple (not specifically chasing after a meet) and the response was "well you have mer so and so and we don't like the look of her so we wouldn't meet you"

But from a personal point of view I would be wary of "all verifications hidden" profiles"

Oops

» Add a new message to this topic