FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Time Wasters

Time Wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mandaroberts90 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

So many times I've travelled across the city and even country to arrive and be told they have changed their mind when you let them know you've arrived or they just don't answer messages and then come back with some poor excuse a few days later.

Or you are chatting to someone who is only interested in picture collecting, asking you to send photos when they don't even have any on their profile.

I wish there was a way to blacklist these people so others could be warned. I know you can block people, but that doesn't stop the next person having their time wasted as well.

Rant over

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Sounds like you need to brush up on your due diligence

Glasgow

I'm normally quite good at it, chat a bit before, add each other on another app so you can have a quick wee chat over can before confirming the meet is on, yet they still let you down.

Pic collectors all I say now is, I won't send any additional ones to my profile unless they send one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know how crap that feels and I'm sorry you were put through it. However, I've also had enough negative experiences to know sometimes being stood up is absolutely the best outcome.... a lucky swerve if you will

Glasgow

"I know how crap that feels and I'm sorry you were put through it. However, I've also had enough negative experiences to know sometimes being stood up is absolutely the best outcome.... a lucky swerve if you will "

I now, if I can, try and arrange a back-up couple of meets, but they know they are a back-up just in case kinda local to where the original meet was meant to be. Still is frustrating though

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Sounds like you need to brush up on your due diligence "

I agree, particularly as it has happened "so many times"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I know how crap that feels and I'm sorry you were put through it. However, I've also had enough negative experiences to know sometimes being stood up is absolutely the best outcome.... a lucky swerve if you will

I now, if I can, try and arrange a back-up couple of meets, but they know they are a back-up just in case kinda local to where the original meet was meant to be. Still is frustrating though "

I have to be honest I was approached to be a back up.

For me it’s a massive “no”. I don’t want to feel I’m second or third choice.

I want to be the one they want to meet. I feel there’s a fine line between too much chat before a meet and not enough

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Keep all communication on here, then report... Admin can't do anything without proof.

It is really annoying!!

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

Your not on your own

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"

I wish there was a way to blacklist these people so others could be warned. I know you can block people, but that doesn't stop the next person having their time wasted as well.

Rant over "

You can report to Admin if you feel you were deliberately conned and they didn't meet despite agreeing plans.

There are some irresponsible timewasters on here. But if it has happened a number of times, I'd consider adding more checks into the conversation before you set off in future.

» Add a new message to this topic