FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Being able to host - deal breaker or no deal breaker?

Being able to host - deal breaker or no deal breaker?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r Sensual OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Question time:

Single Gents: Do you find your success rate when it comes to meets is higher because you can or choose to accommodate in your home?

Ladies and Couples: Is a gent being able to, or choosing to accommodate in his home a deciding factor if you choose to meet privately outside of a club or a party?

Simply curious to gain people’s thoughts on this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

As a single gent I prefer not to host strangers in my home. Hotel or club meets are the options.

It probably effects number of meets as there is an assumption single + can’t host = attached-cheater but I am not going to change it

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Being able to host at home is usually an indication that you really are single.

So definitely a good start.

London

"Being able to host at home is usually an indication that you really are single.

So definitely a good start."

Hmmm…. I’m not sure I necessarily agree with sentiment but fair enough. What about if you’re a single parent? Or you still live at home because you cannot afford to move out yet?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We don’t accommodate so it usually is a dealbreaker. In our experience people suggesting hotel meets usually back out last minute or just ghost.

Welling

"We don’t accommodate so it usually is a dealbreaker. In our experience people suggesting hotel meets usually back out last minute or just ghost."

Maybe meeting for social first is not the worst idea to avoid time waster and fakes

"We don’t accommodate so it usually is a dealbreaker. In our experience people suggesting hotel meets usually back out last minute or just ghost.

Maybe meeting for social first is not the worst idea to avoid time waster and fakes "

Unfortunately with young children and no regular babysitters socials aren’t possible.

I've learnt that it's not always a good idea to go to the guy's house... Nothing major happened. I can't accommodate and yes, it could mean that the guy is attached. Love hotel meets anyway

nope means nothing to us ...you cant go around assuming things... there could be a whole host of reasons why they cant accom

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

We like guys to accommodate us which can be a deal breaker .. hotel meets tend to be a good alternative also

"nope means nothing to us ...you cant go around assuming things... there could be a whole host of reasons why they cant accom"

Agreed! Does make things a tad harder to arrange but theres still hotels and clubs. Should be discussed and fair to both sides, no pressure. Even if someone offers to accomm, it doesn't mean their home is appropriate!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Being able to host at home is usually an indication that you really are single.

I agree that's the assumption, but it often feels like another of those hurdles that people put up for single men.

Couples and single women can and will say "I'm not accommodating for safety reasons/because my kids live here", which is obviously fine, but not only do neither of those reasons get believed from men, they are additionally assumed to be liars.

As you might tell, it annoys me.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I prefer to host but I get a lot of men who prefer to accommodate strangely enough.

Not an issue. Clubs typically. Many couples we know only meet at clubs.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I would need to know a guy really well before going to his house. Would prefer a hotel over that, much safer.

By *ammo89Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm sure not being able to accommodate doesn't stop single women and couples wanting to meet a big muscular good looking guy like yourself, OP. Your inbox must be full by now

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

"We don’t accommodate so it usually is a dealbreaker. In our experience people suggesting hotel meets usually back out last minute or just ghost."

This.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

If a couple or single lady want to avoid fab single guys then not meeting those that can't accommodate is a great filter.

I wouldn't ever go to a stranger's house for sex and not a chance they will ever come to mine.

Hmmm…. I’m not sure I necessarily agree with sentiment but fair enough. What about if you’re a single parent? Or you still live at home because you cannot afford to move out yet? "

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

In my personal experience, the ability to accommodate has (I’ve been told) reassured people that I am genuinely single, even if the meet hasn’t actually been at my place.

In actual fact, the vast majority of my meets have been in neutral locations such as hotels, but maybe just having it as an option helps to ease doubts?

Norwich

Hmmm…. I’m not sure I necessarily agree with sentiment but fair enough. What about if you’re a single parent? Or you still live at home because you cannot afford to move out yet? "

Bad luck I guess.

London

If I could accommodate I most certainly wouldn’t be inviting someone into my home that I met off the internet, would be a neutral venue first and foremost.

I’d need to assess first whether they’re someone I’d like to bring to my home. Personally I believe this is a stance everyone should take but each to their own I suppose.

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

I appreciate it when someone does host? I’m a single parent with a big family, and a cup of tea I didn’t make myself is a real treat.

Wales/ All over UK

"If I could accommodate I most certainly wouldn’t be inviting someone into my home that I met off the internet, would be a neutral venue first and foremost.

I’d need to assess first whether they’re someone I’d like to bring to my home. Personally I believe this is a stance everyone should take but each to their own I suppose.

"

Oh absolutely. I do accommodate, but that doesn’t mean I let anyone come over… neutral venue for a first (preferably social) meet

By *wickenham GentMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

I can accomodate/host which i have done in the past a couple of times. But that involved previously meeting at a club or a planned couple of social drinks so i'm happy with the situation, I'm very fussy.

By *eaty2000Man  over a year ago

Dorset

I qoukd say if u cant accomodate because u r married or attached , but play on here alone, then best to tell the potential playmate/s , what's the worst that could happen the could say its morally wrong, or say they don't give a crap what u get up to as long as no drama comes their way, after all Honesty is The Best Policy Right as long as it starts at home first ,for ne it's quite liberating telling the wife u want this lifestyle even of she doesn't, at least one can then enjoy it as a Free Spirit

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Seems to me single guys that can't Accommodate (for whatever reason) are looked upon as though they are cheating on gf or wife.

Whereas females and couples that don't Accom aren't judged as such.

London

"Seems to me single guys that can't Accommodate (for whatever reason) are looked upon as though they are cheating on gf or wife.

"

Yep, it’s one the biggest double standards on this site

By *eaty2000Man  over a year ago

Dorset

I guess lookin at it there's enough people on here that adore the lustful and seediness opportunity of a Hotel, not to mention the privacy away from nosey neighbours...Patience will have u meeting the right and understanding people u actually connect with

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

For us and many couples and single ladies a very high percentage (not all granted) of single guys especially those above 30 years of age who can't accommodate, can't because there are married or living with a partner.

So as the choice for couples and females is so vast due to the sheer volume of "single" males, only engaging with single guys who can accommodate (even if we plan a hotel or club meet) acts as a very very effective filter in terms of reducing the chances of meeting cheaters and the risk of drama and emtional damage that can cause.

KJ

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"

For us and many couples and single ladies a very high percentage (not all granted) of single guys especially those above 30 years of age who can't accommodate, can't because there are married or living with a partner.

So as the choice for couples and females is so vast due to the sheer volume of "single" males, only engaging with single guys who can accommodate (even if we plan a hotel or club meet) acts as a very very effective filter in terms of reducing the chances of meeting cheaters and the risk of drama and emtional damage that can cause.

KJ"

I'm not saying it's right I simply saying it's an incredibly effective filter for those of us who meet single guys.

Couples not accommodating is far more likely due to them having children living at home.

KJ

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"Seems to me single guys that can't Accommodate (for whatever reason) are looked upon as though they are cheating on gf or wife.

Yep, it’s one the biggest double standards on this site "

Not accomodating alone doesn't mean a man is married or attached.There are generally other clues that indicate he may be .

My other half couldn't accom when we met,but he was staying with family.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

sounds like a game show , being able to host lol

accomodate sounds better? or just , yeah your welcome round ours/mine

A none-issue as never had any genuine interest at all.

"Question time:

Single Gents: Do you find your success rate when it comes to meets is higher because you can or choose to accommodate in your home?

Ladies and Couples: Is a gent being able to, or choosing to accommodate in his home a deciding factor if you choose to meet privately outside of a club or a party?

Simply curious to gain people’s thoughts on this. "

Yeah pretty much since being back as I now cannot accomodate.

Though I had more sucess when I could accomodate.

Norwich

"

Not accomodating alone doesn't mean a man is married or attached.There are generally other clues that indicate he may be .

My other half couldn't accom when we met,but he was staying with family."

Of course it doesn't

I don't think anyone is saying not accommodating = married, just that a high percentage are married and it works as a great filter as most people playing away can't accommodate. There is a difference.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

I always meet for a social first, and then go to a neutral venue if its going further.

As a couple meeting a guy - I would host at a hotel.

As a single guy I wouldn’t be able to host so would hope the lady would host or I’d book a hotel if it came to that.

By *TJxComboMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"If I could accommodate I most certainly wouldn’t be inviting someone into my home that I met off the internet, would be a neutral venue first and foremost.

Oh absolutely. I do accommodate, but that doesn’t mean I let anyone come over… neutral venue for a first (preferably social) meet "

I find it crazy that people have said to me they'd feel more comfortable coming to my house rather and meet in a public place, these people a sus.

By *imandher123456Couple  over a year ago

gosport

As a couple we have older kids at home which means we can never accom , so we rely on others being able to accommodate, we have played with a genuine single guy in his home which felt great , loads of guys offer to accommodate in a hotel and offer to pay for the room even when they haven't met us which seems either weird or desperate as we would always want a non committal social first ....do guys really pay for rooms on the off chance of fun ? .......

Wales/ All over UK

"As a couple we have older kids at home which means we can never accom , so we rely on others being able to accommodate, we have played with a genuine single guy in his home which felt great , loads of guys offer to accommodate in a hotel and offer to pay for the room even when they haven't met us which seems either weird or desperate as we would always want a non committal social first ....do guys really pay for rooms on the off chance of fun ? ......."

Personally, no… I’d also want a no pressure social first.. but some ARE desperate

When I play as a couple , we have zero interest in a social. We aren’t meeting a guy for friendship , we are simply using his ability to perform.

gosport

"As a couple we have older kids at home which means we can never accom , so we rely on others being able to accommodate, we have played with a genuine single guy in his home which felt great , loads of guys offer to accommodate in a hotel and offer to pay for the room even when they haven't met us which seems either weird or desperate as we would always want a non committal social first ....do guys really pay for rooms on the off chance of fun ? .......

Personally, no… I’d also want a no pressure social first.. but some ARE desperate "

gosport

"When I play as a couple , we have zero interest in a social. We aren’t meeting a guy for friendship , we are simply using his ability to perform.

"

And that is perfectly fair ,we both prefer to make sure there is a bit of chemistry in the air if we are playing though

"

KJ

I'm not saying it's right I simply saying it's an incredibly effective filter for those of us who meet single guys.

Couples not accommodating is far more likely due to them having children living at home.

KJ"

Agreed. Any single man either has to accept that this will be one possible reason why they were filtered out (along with too tall / short / fat / thin / white / orange etc) or go for the technicality of "can accommodate (but it's pretty unlikely)"

...because nothings going to change.

By *acky RacersCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"As a single gent I prefer not to host strangers in my home. Hotel or club meets are the options.

It probably effects number of meets as there is an assumption single + can’t host = attached-cheater but I am not going to change it "

That is the, often correct, assumption that couples come to...

[Removed by poster at 01/06/22 19:12:39]

It is for me

I don't accommodate and I'm not overly fond of hotel meets

Plus I like to meet some one regular and sometimes last minute which you can't do with hotel

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

Yeah to some it can be a deal breaker I suppose but am all about my own safety and privacy as to why I don't accommodate and I've a child at home! So doesn't suit me and I won't change my mind...

By *ecretLiasonsMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I can’t accom as a single parent…

Hotels or my place of work are best…

Does it affect my chances?… dunno…

I’m verified on a previous profile but as of yet.. no luck.

I’m due to goto a social to meet other people which hopefully will end doubts of a time waster ..??

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

"As a single gent I prefer not to host strangers in my home. Hotel or club meets are the options.

It probably effects number of meets as there is an assumption single + can’t host = attached-cheater but I am not going to change it "

Agreed. Clubs are ideal

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

I appreciate going over there. I like to meet regularly with the same person and find nothing beats the hospitality of home. A cuppa, music on, sense of home (that I didn’t have to tidy clean or cook over). It’s a treat and far more interesting than most dull hotel rooms.

It's a dealbreaker for me, but I don't assume men are cheating. I can't accommodate and for various reasons, I don't want to use clubs or hotels. I appreciate that makes it difficult and I am asking a lot.

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

I wouldn’t host…prefer the world of FAB and my everyday life to remain separated. Besides, what would the neighbors say?

"I wouldn’t host…prefer the world of FAB and my everyday life to remain separated. Besides, what would the neighbors say?

"

"Gladys, there's now two people within a quarter mile"

By *aughtynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

We don’t care that people can’t host, we love to host.

By *weetCruellaWoman  over a year ago

somewhere sweet and sour

"We don’t care that people can’t host, we love to host. "

Nice pics and damn... so far away lol.

We'd never accommodate for any one . Never have .. never will.. just ain't the hassel .. you could be inviting a syco over to your house ..

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve been to the home of married guys so you really can’t go by who can accommodate.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Question time:

Simply curious to gain people’s thoughts on this. "

No. At one point in my life, I couldn't accommodate. Then at one point in my life, I could accommodate. My success rate NEVER changes.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"We don’t accommodate so it usually is a dealbreaker. In our experience people suggesting hotel meets usually back out last minute or just ghost.

Maybe meeting for social first is not the worst idea to avoid time waster and fakes "

What if they don't turn up for the social? They have still wasted your time.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Not really, I generally only host women I know very well, and for most first meet at hotels or their place. I don’t think it makes any difference for meeting single women

Welling

Maybe meeting for social first is not the worst idea to avoid time waster and fakes

What if they don't turn up for the social? They have still wasted your time. "

Shit happens, well, I’ll have a coffee or drink to myself. Not total waste of time

Welling

"

KJ

KJ

Agreed. Any single man either has to accept that this will be one possible reason why they were filtered out (along with too tall / short / fat / thin / white / orange etc) or go for the technicality of "can accommodate (but it's pretty unlikely)"

...because nothings going to change."

I agree with this statement and accept that the fact I won’t accommodate at home for first fuck meet take out some meets however…

It’s two way street. Like on job interview. If candidate first filters are office look, availability of free coffee and milk etc - he/she isn’t my candidate.

I am looking for these interesting in job content, my product and tasks he/she will be doing.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I do think there are single ladies and couples that do think if a single guy can’t accommodate then he must be cheating.Maybe they have had a bad experience only they can really answer.I am a single guy that can’t accommodate my reason is on my profile I have elderly family that live with me.If a single lady or a couple accept my situation then great for me if not fair enough I carry on attending socials , spa and clubs and make friends and connections that way.

I can't host so it's essential that the other person can or we get a hotel.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

"As a couple we have older kids at home which means we can never accom , so we rely on others being able to accommodate, we have played with a genuine single guy in his home which felt great , loads of guys offer to accommodate in a hotel and offer to pay for the room even when they haven't met us which seems either weird or desperate as we would always want a non committal social first ....do guys really pay for rooms on the off chance of fun ? ......."

Only weird ones ....I would say ..

By *oxycouple28Couple  over a year ago

bexley

We tend to stick with club meets. These days (and this may sound like paranoia) but you can't trust someone hasnt hidden a camera... man,women or couples. With private meets we seem to end up with a lot of time wasters and our time to play is rare and precious, so if we are at a club we can mingle with other people and maybe do other things

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I’m happy to accommodate once I feel safe that the lady is genuine. Being a single chap I’m very wary of who I’m potentially inviting into my home.

I understand it’ll be daunting for both parties, but meeting somewhere neutral to gauge the vibe is the answer.

In answer to the original question though, I do feel accommodating helps my chances of meets.

I prefer to accom . Hotels can be fun but can be a bit cold and do have a motorhome so can travel

I would just book a hotel, feel like it's easier for both of us

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

I can accommodate and I am about as popular as getting stung by a wasp.

I prefer them to be able to host. But I don't mind a hotel, or outside or car at a push xx

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It makes no difference to me if a man can accommodate or not. I will never go to their house anyhow for the first few meets only when I know someone well will I do that. And it's the same with my home I can accomadate but I don't have it on my profile as it is presuamed then that I will .And there is no chance I am bringing a someone I don't know well to my home. I don't really see why men are expected to when it's deemed safer for women not to.

London

Some very mixed views here which is good to see. However, the general consensus seems to be that the man being able to, or choosing to accommodate IS a deciding factor for women and couples who choose to meet single men, and does seem to increase a guy’s success rate on here in terms of getting meets.

Of course nobody is at liberty to bring anyone they don’t want to into their home, my issue with some is the lack of compromise especially when it comes to meeting in a neutral venue. For example, ruling out hotel meets altogether and assumptions being made about someone’s living situation because they choose not to, or cannot invite someone into their home.

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

"

KJ

KJ"

That’s outdated - I know several single fathers whose teenagers live with them 7 nights a week.

"Some very mixed views here which is good to see. However, the general consensus seems to be that the man being able to, or choosing to accommodate IS a deciding factor for women and couples who choose to meet single men,

"

Contributing, not deciding, possibly?

By *aughtynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"We don’t care that people can’t host, we love to host.

Nice pics and damn... so far away lol. "

Thank you.

"

KJ

KJ

That’s outdated - I know several single fathers whose teenagers live with them 7 nights a week."

I agree. Ive come across quite a few guys who're in the same position as I am.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I have hosted successfully ever since I joined Fab many years ago and will continue to do so.

I am happy for initial social meets to be away from my home..

Having spent half my working life living in Hotels I never want to see the inside of another hotel room.

Clubs not my thing, too much of an introvert, and concious about my age.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

What if they don't turn up for the social? They have still wasted your time. "

Yes and no. The vast majority of socials I have are near me and at my convenience. I also wear little or no makeup so there’s little ‘getting ready’ time involved - what they see at the social if what the poor bastard(s) would potentially wake up with one morning if all goes well.

I do it this way because - except in absolute emergency - I’m 100% reliable - and the people I meet are almost always far less experienced/verified than I am and therefore more of a risk.

Before I did this I had a lot of no-shows and wasted a lot of time and effort. Now the vast majority of people show up - and at worst I’ve just had a coffee alone at my local Starbucks - no big deal!

As for accommodating - I have 2 teens at home. If the chap doesn’t accommodate then it’s a club or hotel room - and I have little spare money for hotels. I wouldn’t go to a guys house unless I knew him fairly well though for safety reasons.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"I have hosted successfully ever since I joined Fab many years ago and will continue to do so.

Having spent half my working life living in Hotels I never want to see the inside of another hotel room.

"

I think you’re wearing rather well my lovely

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I don’t like rocking up to someone’s house so it doesn’t make a difference to me.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I have hosted successfully ever since I joined Fab many years ago and will continue to do so.

I think you’re wearing rather well my lovely "

Thank you for your kind words

» Add a new message to this topic