FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Block unwanted friend requests

Block unwanted friend requests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *essicagrace OP   Woman  over a year ago

birmingham

Yo. Tempted to start doing this as its just painful having to delete them all and repeat offenders do my head in.

So question for forum. Do people do this? If so, does it make a difference? Do you find if you put a line about it in your bio people pay attention? Or should I just continue to accept the onslaught?

Fanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I don't bother deleting them. I just ignore them. I have over 4000 !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolutely-block if you’re sure you’re not interested -some people can really pester people (and then get abusive) it’s completely normal to block….

Xx

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Not many people pay attention as they don't read profiles. If you delete a friends request they can send another straight away. If you leave it they can't send another for a month or so (not sure exactly).

birmingham

Yeah I've had some fucked up and abusive messages from people who refuse to accept that a delete or unread means not interested.

The idea single men are entitled to my time simply because they message me. Nah fam. If I like you and its a good message I will respond.

By *osey WalesMan  over a year ago

Surrey

I believe that if you dont delete it they cant resend. Same as with a wink. Putting a note in your bio makes little difference as people will do as they please anyway.

Bit like the sydney university thing.. bit pointless

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't even look at mine so they don't bother me at all.The odd time I bulk delete them.

If I could want to be friends with someone I'll ask them and send a fr myself.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Can the ones who send Friend invites see that they've been deleted?

We've settled for keeping friends requests and winks where we don't want to block - as said by others, deleting it just invites another. But we also block quite prolifically.

Helps to have single guys blocked, even though we're interested in meeting single guys - just to cut down on volume. Without single guys it's very manageable which is a shame but that's how the site is set up.

Otherwise, have you considered a secretary?

birmingham

"We've settled for keeping friends requests and winks where we don't want to block - as said by others, deleting it just invites another. But we also block quite prolifically.

Helps to have single guys blocked, even though we're interested in meeting single guys - just to cut down on volume. Without single guys it's very manageable which is a shame but that's how the site is set up.

Otherwise, have you considered a secretary?"

Can I borrow S for secretarial duties?

I often have single men blocked but I do want to meet single men!! So annoying

"We've settled for keeping friends requests and winks where we don't want to block - as said by others, deleting it just invites another. But we also block quite prolifically.

Otherwise, have you considered a secretary?

Can I borrow S for secretarial duties?

I often have single men blocked but I do want to meet single men!! So annoying "

You can but her rates are through the roof

Irritating when someone just requests friend when that's the first contact. Especially when you have friends photos and they don't. I delete and block

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I often wait till they've gone offline ,accept and look at their pics before deleting.if you leave the request there and don't accept /delete I don't think they can resend one.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"I often wait till they've gone offline ,accept and look at their pics before deleting.if you leave the request there and don't accept /delete I don't think they can resend one."

We do this as well

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I simply ignore random friend requests. I believe it stops them sending another.

If they delete then I assume they are not interested and delete and block myself. It reminds that they weren't interested and not to bother contacting them again.

However, if they post something on 'local updates' or in the forum which invites a comment, I then unblock them.

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

Delete and block.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

They can’t request if you just leave the request, so that’s what we do!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Blocking helps to create a platform of people whom fit around your criteria and those who are happy to enjoy many more things not sexual related...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Leave friends requests and winks alone. They cannot reach you unless they actually message you.

Then block them

Do not delete either of the above or they can send them again

They can wink again after 30 days even if you don’t delete the previous wink.

Otherwise, have you considered a secretary?"

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Yo. Tempted to start doing this as its just painful having to delete them all and repeat offenders do my head in.

So question for forum. Do people do this? If so, does it make a difference? Do you find if you put a line about it in your bio people pay attention? Or should I just continue to accept the onslaught?

Fanks"

I bulk delete friends requests every week.

I block if people choose to pester me.

By *iberius61Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

Fab should implement something basic, like you should only be able to friend request if you've passed messages between each other? I really can't see anybody just accepting random out the blue friend requests?

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I don’t delete friend requests then they can’t be resent

Just delete them if you want to be friends with someone them you send out the invite. Just delete all.

we block everyone of them ....job done

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I rarely send friend requests unless I have met in club

Friend request received, open it, view profile, block takes a few seconds but then multiply that and time builds up.

Let the figure rise without looking at any and bulk delete at some point. It’s more efficient and if they send a dozen it makes no odds.

If you receive an abusive message block and report.

The End.

By *e-funcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

We have specifically stated in our profile if you send a friends request that we haven’t agreed to then you will be blocked. It also helps out the ones who clearly haven’t bothered to read our profile.

We’ve just had a message from someone asking why we have blocked his other profile! What a surprise, it was a single male. I just wish you could out the decent and genuine single males from all the others! The search continues….

By *onnyadtMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Just leave the unwanted friends requests there, no need to block because whilst they remain on that list they cannot send another, ever.

By *issA_MrMMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Just leave the unwanted friends requests there, no need to block because whilst they remain on that list they cannot send another, ever."

This, just ignore them and they can’t re-add you again either.

I never even look at my friends requests and winks.

Also, I didn’t add any friends pics, and that seemed to reduce the amount of requests.

» Add a new message to this topic