FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Catch 22 for the single male

Catch 22 for the single male

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxclever4242 OP   Man  over a year ago

Darlington

Hi there world! A question to single ladies and couples. I am experiencing a problem here that I think a lot of the single males on Fab share.

Replies are few and far between and when they do come invariable my lack of verification is prominently mentioned. Clearly people want to meet verified people but we cannot get verified without meeting....and no one wants to meet an unverified person..Catch 22. Like a lot of people I want to meet like minded people but at the same time I am cautious about the fact anyone can look at profile fotos on Fab for all and sundry to see. I make it clear I am very happy to share on request from serious people but .....Suggestions/ pointers gratefully received. Happy Fabbing! J.x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

It's not catch 22. Anyone can get a meet veri easily.

What you will find is that it won't make a lot of difference. The fact you haven't got a veri is just a handy reason for people to give.

There is also the fact that if people can't be bothered to go to a social and get verified are they likely to turn up to a meet?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

if im talking to someone and im 100% sure hes real and not a messer we'll meet regardless of veris

the problem is still that there are 100s of men per women / couples just that alone will make it impossible for some to get veris ... couples and women will only meet who they want to meet with whom they feel a connection of sorts..

it simply means no matter what there are not enough women and couples to go around for meets and social or clubs there are always going to be a big portion of men who will fail to get into the lifestyle the maths dont lie...if you cant get a meet you dont get a veri simples

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"It's not catch 22. Anyone can get a meet veri easily.

What you will find is that it won't make a lot of difference. The fact you haven't got a veri is just a handy reason for people to give.

There is also the fact that if people can't be bothered to go to a social and get verified are they likely to turn up to a meet?"

This

There are enough clubs and socials up and down the country so the ability to gain a meet veri is there for anyone who is genuinely serious about exploring the swinging scene.

At the end of the day it might make a little difference but not much. Fab is just 1 small tools in the active siwingers toolbox if your a single male and plan to rely on Fab exclusively then you need to stand out among the other 100 single guys for every single female or couple on here.

KJ

By *oxclever4242 OP   Man  over a year ago

Darlington

Hi. As for meeting very easily it is clear from some other posters here that they share the same experience. "Cant be bothered to go to a social". That is an interesting comment. No idea where the "can't be bothered" came from. We are all different and group socials suit some but not others. There are a whole range of alternatives so I do not see that not exploring that single avenue should be an impediment but maybe I am mistaken.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've often met unverified men so not everyone stipulates that men must be verified. I do understand that guys find it very difficult though. Organised socials often have a limit on single guys attending and clubs aren't for everyone.

Keep trying, how about you invite someone for coffee with nothing else on the agenda but getting them to verify you're who you say you are?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also you can have photos that don't identify you. Just take a clothed torso shot and ensure there's nothing in the background for people to recognise.

Good luck

Teesside

"Hi. As for meeting very easily it is clear from some other posters here that they share the same experience. "Cant be bothered to go to a social". That is an interesting comment. No idea where the "can't be bothered" came from. We are all different and group socials suit some but not others. There are a whole range of alternatives so I do not see that not exploring that single avenue should be an impediment but maybe I am mistaken. "

Good luck on your journey then.

What I will say is not having a single public picture and especially a blank avatar picture will be a far greater impediment to you. 99.9% won't even open a message from a profile will the blank black silhouette.

It doesn't need to be a face picture. A topless torso pictures can work wonders, letting potential meets know your body type whilst still fully protecting your identity.

The 2nd big barrier is your a single male who can't accommodate rightly or wrongly many couples will read that (especially given your age) and your on Here trying to cheat o a partner at home.

If your are here without your partners knowledge then be up fnt on your profile about it so people can make an informed choice. If it's for another genuine reason such as children still living then say so in your profile. These 2 steps alone will certainly improve your chances.

KJ

"

There are enough clubs and socials up and down the country so the ability to gain a meet veri is there for anyone who is genuinely serious about exploring the swinging scene.

"

there are not not for men to enter anyway as most clubs limit if every swinger decided to go to a club on the same weekend in this country 99.9% would not get in due to being full .... clubs are still a very small part of the scene .

same go's for social most limit guys then factor in that the same guys keep going to every meet along with the same couples and women its pretty bleak for guys there too

i do agree tho that clubs and socials are the best way to gain meets over the last 28 years most of our meet that are regular have come from clubs meets first but its in no way easy for a guy ...they get treated awful if they dont fit

Teesside

"

there are not not for men to enter anyway as most clubs limit if every swinger decided to go to a club on the same weekend in this country 99.9% would not get in due to being full .... clubs are still a very small part of the scene .

same go's for social most limit guys then factor in that the same guys keep going to every meet along with the same couples and women its pretty bleak for guys there too

i do agree tho that clubs and socials are the best way to gain meets over the last 28 years most of our meet that are regular have come from clubs meets first but its in no way easy for a guy ...they get treated awful if they dont fit "

We live close to the OP (less than 10miles) and there are socials organised often Iin both his home town of Darlington and also in stockton / Middlesbrough teesside. He then has the socials In leeds, Durham and Newcastle within an hour drive.

In terms of clubs he has Clubf Stanley Durham, shhh Newcastle both about a 40 minute drive for him and Leeds an hour away gives him both pandoras and quest. All 4 of those clubs welcome new single male members.

So compared to many parts of the UK the OP is actually spoilt for choice.

KJ

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Hi. As for meeting very easily it is clear from some other posters here that they share the same experience. "Cant be bothered to go to a social". That is an interesting comment. No idea where the "can't be bothered" came from. We are all different and group socials suit some but not others. "

If people can't meet others in a pub for a drink are they likely to meet others and get naked?

Swinging is a social activity, it's not really for shrinking violets.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"

i do agree tho that clubs and socials are the best way to gain meets over the last 28 years most of our meet that are regular have come from clubs meets first but its in no way easy for a guy ...they get treated awful if they dont fit "

I couldn't agree more with your last statement, and would never recommend the club scene to a mate, based on my experience of visiting several clubs, all of who sell themselves as "everyone is friendly, we'll make you feel welcome". The reality is usually quite depressing.....

To the OP; the irony of Fab is today you are concerned no veris is preventing you getting meets, but can you imagine having plenty of veris, and people not wanting to meet you because "you are too active for me"?

I think a rewording of your profile would help (just delete the last two lines completely), and a couple of public pics of you fully dressed (but face hidden for privacy) will improve your responses I'm sure.

Good luck!

"

i do agree tho that clubs and socials are the best way to gain meets over the last 28 years most of our meet that are regular have come from clubs meets first but its in no way easy for a guy ...they get treated awful if they dont fit

We live close to the OP (less than 10miles) and there are socials organised often Iin both his home town of Darlington and also in stockton / Middlesbrough teesside. He then has the socials In leeds, Durham and Newcastle within an hour drive.

In terms of clubs he has Clubf Stanley Durham, shhh Newcastle both about a 40 minute drive for him and Leeds an hour away gives him both pandoras and quest. All 4 of those clubs welcome new single male members.

So compared to many parts of the UK the OP is actually spoilt for choice.

KJ"

im not doubting there no choice what i am saying is if every guy took that advice then 99.9% would get no where due to clubs limits on guys ... since covid there been and increase in guys ... wont belong before guy wont be able to go to a club .... some of the clubs down here are 5 to 10 guy max i know thats the same in a lot of places unless it a big club but even then theres a limit

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

London (just for Fri & Sat)

Having no public pictures is probably your biggest problem than not having any meet veris.

99% will just bin your messages.

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

At the moment, you’re dabbling. Cautious. Curious. I want to know the people who are committed enough to walk into a club and make awkward smalltalk. Who are willing to take similar small and calculated risks to me.

I know you have someone upthread who apparently has never enjoyed a night in a club ever. I met my fella at one of the local clubs, and I’ve had similar conversations with a lot of the other single men - swinging is what you make of it. If you go in with the intention of spending time talking to some fun people and play is an unexpected bonus, you’ll do fine. Same with organised socials. This isn’t the obvious site for single people to try for hookups, though, given that swinging is about friendship as well as sex.

Teesside

"

"

I our experience 90% of te singles males sign up thinking is an easy route to sex ofen because they struggle to find it in real life.

Once they realise to break into the swinging scene it takes even more effort, respect, desire to learn, network, attend events and have the social graces and a decent, positive personality (they type that draws people in) they soon fall by the wayside along with the fantasist, dreamers and incels.

This leave about 10% who have a chance at successfully breaking into the swinging scene.

Once you have decent veris and a good reputation then the opportunities really open up such as private house /estate parties etc.

It's the genuine angle mae siwingers who love and embrace the scene who interest us and Weare happy to know afewvery succesfulsinglemales we consider friends.

Just our insight take it or leave it OP.

KJ

"

I our experience 90% of te singles males sign up thinking is an easy route to sex ofen because they struggle to find it in real life.

Once they realise to break into the swinging scene it takes even more effort, respect, desire to learn, network, attend events and have the social graces and a decent, positive personality (they type that draws people in) they soon fall by the wayside along with the fantasist, dreamers and incels.

This leave about 10% who have a chance at successfully breaking into the swinging scene.

Once you have decent veris and a good reputation then the opportunities really open up such as private house /estate parties etc.

It's the genuine angle mae siwingers who love and embrace the scene who interest us and Weare happy to know afewvery succesfulsinglemales we consider friends.

KJ"

now that i do agree with 90% of men think its a sex on a plate site

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

It's not exactly catch 22. If you really do need a veri, think that would help you "break through", try going on cam? And ask people to verify you?

Many people don't care about cam veri though, prefer real meets ones.

You are on a site that's overflowing with men, most who believe it's an easy shag site, where no effort is needed and they'd have requests from women and/or couples dying to meet them. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Why would I meet a silhouette profile, someone who may be cheating on their spouse (I'm going by "cannot accommodate") and therefore may only be available at short notice/at strange times when there are tons of other men available? What makes you stand out, OP?

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

"

KJ"

Thankyou. This puts it so well.

By *ixieNormusMan  over a year ago

Fareham

Well I've been on hear nearly 2 years and had pretty much no responses because I had 0 verifications. The other day I got a verification from a woman I told about the website, and since then I've had women messaging me. It's alright for women because you get copious amounts of men messaging you, but for men it is difficult.

Teesside

"

KJ

Thankyou. This puts it so well. "

Thank you x

Also apologies for all the typos, my new mobile isn't keen on my fat fingers

Penrith

"

I know you have someone upthread who apparently has never enjoyed a night in a club ever. I met my fella at one of the local clubs, and I’ve had similar conversations with a lot of the other single men - swinging is what you make of it. If you go in with the intention of spending time talking to some fun people and play is an unexpected bonus, you’ll do fine. Same with organised socials. This isn’t the obvious site for single people to try for hookups, though, given that swinging is about friendship as well as sex."

I'll assume this is aimed at me, but take no offence

I've visited 7 different clubs as a single guy, and can confirm they're all basically the same, in as much as once you've paid you're entry fee, you're instantly forgotten.If you're lucky, you will find someone approachable enough to want to chat with you, otherwise most will stick within their established groups of friends. I went to Club f 5 times as a single guy, had 2 nights where not a soul spoke with me, one night which was great as a purely social night, and two nights had the best club experiences ever. I've also been to Club f as a couple, had a great night with my play partner, but experienced the flip side of the coin, with a single guy who crossed the line. I've also coupled up with lady friends to visit other clubs, and can confirm, the reception I received as part of a couple, is far beyond 'the usual' when I've been by myself, hence; I would never recommend the club scene to a mate.

To the OP; try a club. Expect nothing, literally, and you won't be disappointed! It's just a pub, with spa facilities (often), and the potential for some sexy fun. Give it an hour; you'll know how the night is likely to go after that, and if you're not feeling comfortable, or welcome, just leave. It's fine, you gave it a go, and the worst that happened is you have an interesting tale to tell your mates down the pub

By *issitCouple  over a year ago

Banbury

Definitely need some photos OP, they don’t have to be explicit or revealing, torso and boxer shots are far more of a turn on for me than cock shots.

By *ugbyBoy13Man  over a year ago

Northampton

"It's not catch 22. Anyone can get a meet veri easily.

There is also the fact that if people can't be bothered to go to a social and get verified are they likely to turn up to a meet?"

Exactly this! I’m a single male and I have been on Fab maybe 2 months…. Look out for locals social events(think of it as networking), and go, on your own, to a local club. People are very friendly! I know what the site appears to be for, but don’t expect anything just go to meet new people and enjoy yourself….anything else that happens is just a bonus.

Have fun

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I don't agree

Some of my best meets have been with unverified people

To me the big red flag with you is no images so your message wouldn't even get opened, images don't need to be identifying, they don't need to be a face pic until your ready, a clothed full body head cropped photo would stop your messages getting deleted prior to reading by people like me that won't engage with sillohette profiles (& I'd say that's around half the females & couples on here)

Other ways to get verified are local social events, clubs, there also a great way to meet local similar minded people

By *quirtyndirty!Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Greedy girls nights theres usually no limit on guys

By *jkuk72Man  over a year ago

London & Herts

"

KJ"

This is the way

Club nights and local socials are great ways to get verifications and meet people

It’s easy to get verified nowadays, there’s plenty of clubs around. You just need to get out and meet people and you never know, they might even like you and want more

It would help to have some profile pics too, people don’t go out of their way to ask you nicely for pics if they are just browsing.

Teesside

"

I know you have someone upthread who apparently has never enjoyed a night in a club ever. I met my fella at one of the local clubs, and I’ve had similar conversations with a lot of the other single men - swinging is what you make of it. If you go in with the intention of spending time talking to some fun people and play is an unexpected bonus, you’ll do fine. Same with organised socials. This isn’t the obvious site for single people to try for hookups, though, given that swinging is about friendship as well as sex.

I'll assume this is aimed at me, but take no offence

I've visited 7 different clubs as a single guy, and can confirm they're all basically the same, in as much as once you've paid you're entry fee, you're instantly forgotten.If you're lucky, you will find someone approachable enough to want to chat with you, otherwise most will stick within their established groups of friends. I went to Club f 5 times as a single guy, had 2 nights where not a soul spoke with me, one night which was great as a purely social night, and two nights had the best club experiences ever. I've also been to Club f as a couple, had a great night with my play partner, but experienced the flip side of the coin, with a single guy who crossed the line. I've also coupled up with lady friends to visit other clubs, and can confirm, the reception I received as part of a couple, is far beyond 'the usual' when I've been by myself, hence; I would never recommend the club scene to a mate.

To the OP; try a club. Expect nothing, literally, and you won't be disappointed! It's just a pub, with spa facilities (often), and the potential for some sexy fun. Give it an hour; you'll know how the night is likely to go after that, and if you're not feeling comfortable, or welcome, just leave. It's fine, you gave it a go, and the worst that happened is you have an interesting tale to tell your mates down the pub "

We are a couple who also go to clubf and have pretty much the same experience as you I. E some nights not a soul speaks to us, some nights there a little social banter but not much else and occasionally we have a great night involve play in fact 2 great nights out of 7 trips is about right in our experience.

KJ

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hi there world! A question to single ladies and couples. I am experiencing a problem here that I think a lot of the single males on Fab share.

Replies are few and far between and when they do come invariable my lack of verification is prominently mentioned. Clearly people want to meet verified people but we cannot get verified without meeting....and no one wants to meet an unverified person..Catch 22. Like a lot of people I want to meet like minded people but at the same time I am cautious about the fact anyone can look at profile fotos on Fab for all and sundry to see. I make it clear I am very happy to share on request from serious people but .....Suggestions/ pointers gratefully received. Happy Fabbing! J.x"

Socials…………..

Clubs………..

Starting points!!! Gets your foot in the door… and you have already separated yourself from others because you will have shown people what you are like in polite human company…. You know… that whole “personality “ thing

There is no catch 22 … You can get verified multiple ways.

Visit a club

Attend a social

Cam verification

Or patience and meet off here

Silhouette avatar and no public pics.

We wouldn’t read your message I’m afraid.

You’re presenting us with hurdles before we even start.

Remember that big X noise on family fortunes?

Our survey said….

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

Not having a veri makes no difference at all. What does put me off is a no profile or public pics.

By *ohnandJulieCouple  over a year ago

"Hi. As for meeting very easily it is clear from some other posters here that they share the same experience. "Cant be bothered to go to a social". That is an interesting comment. No idea where the "can't be bothered" came from. We are all different and group socials suit some but not others. There are a whole range of alternatives so I do not see that not exploring that single avenue should be an impediment but maybe I am mistaken.

Good luck on your journey then.

What I will say is not having a single public picture and especially a blank avatar picture will be a far greater impediment to you. 99.9% won't even open a message from a profile will the blank black silhouette.

It doesn't need to be a face picture. A topless torso pictures can work wonders, letting potential meets know your body type whilst still fully protecting your identity.

The 2nd big barrier is your a single male who can't accommodate rightly or wrongly many couples will read that (especially given your age) and your on Here trying to cheat o a partner at home.

If your are here without your partners knowledge then be up fnt on your profile about it so people can make an informed choice. If it's for another genuine reason such as children still living then say so in your profile. These 2 steps alone will certainly improve your chances.

KJ

"

We agree with this totally.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

I joined fab on a Monday, I went to my fist club on Tuesday, my second club on Thursday. Wednesday I had 1 veri, Friday I had 2. 8yrs later I have over 250, a lot are just social veris.

I very rarely sent a message on here to anyone I haven't met in a club or at a social.

If you put the effort in you get a lot from this lifestyle. I've made some amazing friends, some I've played with, some I haven't.

"Hi there world! A question to single ladies and couples. I am experiencing a problem here that I think a lot of the single males on Fab share.

Replies are few and far between and when they do come invariable my lack of verification is prominently mentioned. Clearly people want to meet verified people but we cannot get verified without meeting....and no one wants to meet an unverified person..Catch 22. Like a lot of people I want to meet like minded people but at the same time I am cautious about the fact anyone can look at profile fotos on Fab for all and sundry to see. I make it clear I am very happy to share on request from serious people but .....Suggestions/ pointers gratefully received. Happy Fabbing! J.x"

Photos are important. You can have lots of photos without being recognised by your neighbours. Telling people to ask for them is missing the point. The profile pic is your "shop window". Most will just pass by and not even bother to read your profile if there's no photo to catch the eye. You are in competition with hundreds of other single guys. So add more photos so people can see your body shape and how you dress and naked ones too. You can always have face pics hidden.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

There is no catch 22.

Everyone, every single person on Fab, whether single or couple starts out unverified.

All of them.

Yet so many seem to manage to get that first one and go on to get more. Why is that?

Because effort in = output.

It's generally not rhe lack of a veri that stops a meet. It'll be something else.

A lack of photos, or the content of the photos on display.

The text (or lack of) that someone has written to describe themselves.

The content of messages sent.

Forum Post comments and opinions.

It's very rarely just the lack of a green tick.

A

By *iner69erMan  over a year ago

inverness

Also,women may not like what you look like. I always put my photo with a message. Most are ignored,and the ones that are read are also(mostly)ignored,so I guess the girls don't like me. You could be in the same situation,sod all you can do about your looks.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"Also,women may not like what you look like. I always put my photo with a message. Most are ignored,and the ones that are read are also(mostly)ignored,so I guess the girls don't like me. You could be in the same situation,sod all you can do about your looks."

A lot of people use the sillohette profile pic as a filter, so your message could contain 20 photos but will automatically get deleted as no profile pic is the easiest way to cut your inbox down by at least 50%

As I said earlier in this thread a profile pic doesn't have to be identifying so there's no reason not to have one

Penrith

"There is no catch 22.

Everyone, every single person on Fab, whether single or couple starts out unverified.

All of them.

Yet so many seem to manage to get that first one and go on to get more. Why is that?

Because effort in = output.

It's generally not rhe lack of a veri that stops a meet. It'll be something else.

A lack of photos, or the content of the photos on display.

The text (or lack of) that someone has written to describe themselves.

The content of messages sent.

Forum Post comments and opinions.

It's very rarely just the lack of a green tick.

A"

I agree; every profile in Fab starts out unverified. But having a pussy (whether as a single female or one half of a couple), makes Fab life, and the club scene, much easier

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman  over a year ago

Happy Town;-)

You can hide your photos that you don't want the public to see, having a verifi doesn't mean anything I think that's just an excuse as your already verified from fab,

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Like everything else in life you get out of Fab what you put in to it.

Going to socials or clubs is the first advice usually given to single guys to get verified. Once people start to get to know you then it’s easier to get meets. The club will usually verify you.

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple  over a year ago

London

OP, your lack of veris is not the issue.

KM

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

A lot of people in this section are barking up the wrong tree.

It's very easy to say "go to socials" or "go to clubs" but living in the same area as op, we know neither of those is easy.

Firstly, there's been no socials in the area for nearly 9 months and when those socials do run (we know as we ran one last year), it's very couples focused with only a few single guys get on the list. We're also in no rush to run another social as finding a private venue that's not prohibitively priced is near impossible in the area currently unless you have the right connection's...which we don't.

As for the club suggestion, nearest one is an hours drive away...and if you do not drive, its very hard to get to AND they're quite stringent with single guys. OP may not even get through the front door.

So it's not as easy as some of you think. If there's not local socials and no nearby clubs, neither of those help if he can't travel that far.....and honestly how far away would you go for a social event just for a veri?

But I'll be honest with you op.people are right when they say it's not the lack of veris that's the issue. That much is true. We all start with no veris.

Fact of the matter is, you live in an area where for a 20 mile radius, it's about 25 single guys to every single woman on here. Some couples will meet single guys but many won't as well for their own reasons.

So you either have to stick at it, or try extra hard because relying on fab alone is not going to work just due to how things are in this area.

[Removed by poster at 12/06/22 00:12:00]

By *uartermasterMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Just be clear, honest, and respect what people say on their profiles. If you’re going to approach, approach once and do it well. Either that or make comments in the forums that will at least act as your shop window.

All my veris are from people who are friends or who qhave subsequently left Fab. They’re there, but they’re not worth much. Also, like you, I don’t like clubs and I’ve no interest in going to socials as a single man.

The thing to remember is some people swing, some are just kinky, and some are just desperate for sex. The former will be the more successful core for the site, the middle may or may not get on (some don’t consider kinky to be quite good enough), while the latter won’t get anywhere unless they’re lucky, because nobody owes them a damned thing.

» Add a new message to this topic