FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Gents don't be suprised

Gents don't be suprised

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edonism44 OP   Man  over a year ago

oldham

A lady I met yesterday showed me how many messages, unopened , she had from fab .

So gents don't be suprised if you don't get a response , she had 950 unopened messages.....

You never know you may get lucky but we are in a vast majority here ...

Happy swinging xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are plenty of ways to reduce the amount of messages one gets, by applying the appropriate filters.

Apart from applying as many appropriate filters, one can make him/herself unsearchable to reduce unwanted attention even further.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

950! Blimey that's an awful lot

"950! Blimey that's an awful lot "

Yeah but she hadn't opened any for 5 years

By *edonism44 OP   Man  over a year ago

oldham

"950! Blimey that's an awful lot

Yeah but she hadn't opened any for 5 years "

Probably about right, but you understand the jist of it xxx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"950! Blimey that's an awful lot

Yeah but she hadn't opened any for 5 years "

lol! We look forward to receiving mesages and have regular correspondance with some really nice people but 950

If didn't open my mail for two days and had over 300. It's mad lol. And my daughter on her first week had over a thousand messages

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If didn't open my mail for two days and had over 300. It's mad lol. And my daughter on her first week had over a thousand messages"

You and your daughter will have a much broader appeal than us old 'uns, lucky you

"If didn't open my mail for two days and had over 300. It's mad lol. And my daughter on her first week had over a thousand messages

You and your daughter will have a much broader appeal than us old 'uns, lucky you "

i dunno. nothing wrong with experience

"If didn't open my mail for two days and had over 300. It's mad lol. And my daughter on her first week had over a thousand messages

You and your daughter will have a much broader appeal than us old 'uns, lucky you "

I didnt say much of what I got was any good..lol..

cali

"There are plenty of ways to reduce the amount of messages one gets, by applying the appropriate filters.

Apart from applying as many appropriate filters, one can make him/herself unsearchable to reduce unwanted attention even further.

"

agreed

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You and your daughter will have a much broader appeal than us old 'uns, lucky you

i dunno. nothing wrong with experience"

That's very true

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I didnt say much of what I got was any good..lol..

cali"

I know this probably won't go down too well, but I personally think ladies could do themselves big favours by using the available filters. And save themselves a lot of the hassles and the hundreds of messages.

But think about it, do you really want guys of 21 and 99, and all in between? A wee bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss!!

Just my humble opinion!

I filter mine. but get mostly ones commenting on a photo or asking me something about my former relationship

"I know this probably won't go down too well, but I personally think ladies could do themselves big favours by using the available filters. And save themselves a lot of the hassles and the hundreds of messages.

But think about it, do you really want guys of 21 and 99, and all in between? A wee bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss!!

Just my humble opinion! "

I agree! A few times I've seen comments saying that they receive loads of messages from others they wouldn't consider because of age etc. and I tend to think they enjoy 'moaning' about all the messages! (Not meaning anyone on this thread, just something I've noticed over the last few weeks!)

Yeah I know have also seen a ladies profile and messages, she had hundreds :D

950 mails sounds like an average day of here for me

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I got at least 6 pages of messages in just the first day or two of being here. Took me ages to clear them as I was being polite.

Then I discovered filters, and re-wrote my profile to appeal only to certain people. That has made my messages far more manageable and mainly from those who fit the criteria I am looking for, at the very least.

"She had 950 unopened messages.... "

If I didn't open or delete my messages I too would eventually have 950 of my own. (It would take a fair while, but it's a mathematical certainty.)

Will that entitle me to put up a warning message to females and couples?

My opinion is she was saving them up so that she could show somebody.

"She had 950 unopened messages....

If I didn't open or delete my messages I too would eventually have 950 of my own. (It would take a fair while, but it's a mathematical certainty.)

Will that entitle me to put up a warning message to females and couples?

My opinion is she was saving them up so that she could show somebody. "

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

What is the point in letting it get so out of hand thats just stoopid.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Ctrl-A... delete.

A friend of ours did a single female profile, no pic, just saying " having a look and will fill in later " she left it as Eastenders was starting, watched Eastenders and came back to it and had over 100 messages, 2 hrs later 200+ .

She came off and told us she couldnt deal with all the messages. These werent just from single guys but couples too.

Met a 'lady' off my previous site who had a large number of unread messages in her inbox too - nothing like 950 though, think it was more like 500.

While we were having a coffee and she showed my them on her phone, I just looked at her, left a 'pregnant pause' and asked '.. and the reason you haven't opened them is...? Hmmmm....?' She changed the subject... Needless to say, I didn't buy her a second coffee....

Think some peoples need for validation manifests itself in some strange ways.....

Pork

Wow now i realise why i dont get many responses from ladies ! Is it really worth being here if a single guy and seems there are a few fake profiles too

It probably doesn't help when probably are fair few them go along the lines of "what are you looking for? Any Pics?"

"Wow now i realise why i dont get many responses from ladies ! Is it really worth being here if a single guy and seems there are a few fake profiles too "
Yes it is, as there are plenty of guys on here who DO get meets and find what they are looking for. But... it is a war of attrition - the more effort you put in and the longer you keep going, the more chance you have of succeeding.

Pork

"Wow now i realise why i dont get many responses from ladies ! Is it really worth being here if a single guy and seems there are a few fake profiles too "

Noooooooooooo not worth it. Certainly don't waste precious time messaging anybody. They will find you if they want you

"If didn't open my mail for two days and had over 300. It's mad lol. And my daughter on her first week had over a thousand messages"
Daughter?

"Met a 'lady' off my previous site who had a large number of unread messages in her inbox too - nothing like 950 though, think it was more like 500.

While we were having a coffee and she showed my them on her phone, I just looked at her, left a 'pregnant pause' and asked '.. and the reason you haven't opened them is...? Hmmmm....?' She changed the subject... Needless to say, I didn't buy her a second coffee....

Think some peoples need for validation manifests itself in some strange ways.....

Pork"

Totally agree, that just sounds like a massive ego trip for her. Things with that is, it's just wasting a lot of peoples time messaging her if shes got no intention of ever replying.

» Add a new message to this topic