FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile Advice

Profile Advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey everyone,

Can anyone recommend some advice to get more hits/connections and any advice regarding my profile. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Hey everyone,

Can anyone recommend some advice to get more hits/connections and any advice regarding my profile. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks"

First bit of your profile would put me off. I want to see who I'm chatting to from the off..

Shangri-La

Also you say " Ill upload more pics today" Your profile is over a year old.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your status is off putting. I don't look twice at a profile where the status is a 'woe be me' one.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Like the others it's a no if there's no pics. If even you can't show your face there many ways to express your personality through interesting pictures. You only have one.

But to be fair we never bother with anyone who says they can't show their face due to their job or whatever other excuse.

What everyone else said ^^

Also, the line about "if you want to know anything just ask"

That means I have to do all the hard work of trying to find out whats interesting about you? No thanks.

Please tell me in your profile so that I can decide if I want to message you. Otherwise, your message will be deleted within about 10 seconds. I dont have time to interview everyone on fab

Yes, most people dont read profiles, but those people wont read or see it! The people who do read profiles before deciding whether to reply are the ones who will read it, so it pays to spend some time working on it.

Fay x

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

If its a true representation of you leave it as it is. No point in changing it to waffle a load of nonsense.

You will reap the attention you deserve based on you!

Trades description springs to mind

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

There's absolutely nothing of interest to anybody on your profile.

Start again, starting with your expectations. Most people have busy lives; not just you. Why should they just slot into your free time?

Beyond the blurb about your face and how busy you are, your profile contains nothing.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Basically you are saying you have to agree to meet me before you can even see what I look like (as if that's the way round anybody would be OK with) and you say we have to do the work of finding out anything about you.

Other than that, you are a guy looking for sex in his spare time (said no man ever).

It seems like exactly the sort of profile that would get lost amongst the thousands of men also looking for sex but won't put anything appealing in their profile.

Turning the question round on you, OP, what do YOU think is appealing in your profile that might attract people?

For me the fact that you can't accommodate makes me think you aren't single (huge assumption I know).

Secondly I'm not going to chat and get to know someone I might not fancy. You don't need to have it public but you don't sound willing to share one.

Bump your profile up. More photos and more about you.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

When people message you and ask you to tell them more about you, what do you say ? Could you add this to your profile ?

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

North

You have one photo and don’t want to share others, can’t accommodate looks like you have put no effort in

sell yourself ... nobody can help you with that as only you know you ... unless you want advice on how to make your profile blend in with all the other boring advised profiles

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman  over a year ago

WSM

I wouldn’t go further than a couple of messages without seeing a face let alone agree to meeting someone without first seeing if I fancy them. I agree with others though, I probably wouldn’t read the message after reading your profile

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Hey everyone,

Thanks"

Hi op

If you search within the forum their is loads of helpful advice among the pile of threads from previous folk whom asked similar as yourself.then you can create something that fits around you personally this is the key (tools)

Good luck

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"If its a true representation of you leave it as it is. No point in changing it to waffle a load of nonsense.

Trades description springs to mind"

Ain't that the truth the Ops profile tells us everything we need to know to make a decision so a vote from us to leave as is.

I wonder if the OP will actually revisit this thread? Take soom of the advice inboard? We all know 90%+ of guys making this posts never return to them and heed the vital to have a chance at succeeding advice which gets offered.

KJ

Shangri-La

#girlsneedawankbanktoo

Shangri-La

"If its a true representation of you leave it as it is. No point in changing it to waffle a load of nonsense.

Ain't that the truth the Ops profile tells us everything we need to know to make a decision so a vote from us to leave as is.

I wonder if the OP will actually revisit this thread? Take soom of the advice inboard? We all know 90%+ of guys making this posts never return to them and heed the vital to have a chance at succeeding advice which gets offered.

KJ"

I think its a case of trying to slip into some ladies pm's

KJ

I think its a case of trying to slip into some ladies pm's "

Thats a good idea, Im going to try that

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

1 uninspired pic and a bio that tells me that you're a busy person, nothing about why you're here or what you're looking for, what you like, or anything about yourself.

Shangri-La

"What everyone else said ^^

Also, the line about "if you want to know anything just ask"

That means I have to do all the hard work of trying to find out whats interesting about you? No thanks.

Please tell me in your profile so that I can decide if I want to message you. Otherwise, your message will be deleted within about 10 seconds. I dont have time to interview everyone on fab

Yes, most people dont read profiles, but those people wont read or see it! The people who do read profiles before deciding whether to reply are the ones who will read it, so it pays to spend some time working on it.

Fay x "

What she said

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Nope, crap profiles are the best filter we have.

My only advice is to slap whoever told you this is a free sex site

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

My only advice is to slap whoever told you this is a free sex site "

Wait, what? How much are you having to pay?

By *igT-Time-4-FunMan  over a year ago

Dover port - Paphos NOW Polis, Cyprus. HOTEL-SOCIAL

"

Wait, what? How much are you having to pay?"

----------

Ladies get it FREE if they ask nicely and FLASH a bit LOL

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"

Wait, what? How much are you having to pay?

----------

Ladies get it FREE if they ask nicely and FLASH a bit LOL"

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Hey everyone,

Thanks"

Profiles hidden??

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Hey everyone,

Thanks

Profiles hidden??"

Yes, hidden now.

Under reconstruction?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, I've temporarily hidden my profile for the time being so I can improve it after the feedback I got on here. I understand what most of you said regarding the lack of detail etc. so I'll aim to improve that hopefully soon.

Cheers

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 20/06/22 00:22:34]

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

---Yeah as someone said above, the commonly-used "if you want to know anything just ask" is a classic mistake for those who give little away.

Saying 'anything *"else"*' can work - but obviously when someone has an empty profile, how do they expect onlookers to be interested enough to ask? They'd need to live 'just down the road' in some backwater town to generate any interest in some of the profiles I've seen!

I think that (unthinkingly) getting other people to do all the work is quite a common problem on Fab. A lot of first messages just put the ball entirely in the recipients court (what are you up to/ into etc), when it's actually the message-makers best moment to shine in some way, outside of their profile of course. --pt

» Add a new message to this topic