FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Overstimulation in clubs

Overstimulation in clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *intsizedpocketrockets OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stafford

Just wondering if any other people deal with this?

So basically everytime we go to a club I (A) spend the next day really tired and lethargic, not through a hangover as I don't drink, more like a "what on earth happened last night" kind of feeling. I liken it to mental exhaustion..

Should note that I love the experiences, but they seem to take alot out of me. Is this something that's likely to fade once I find my stride?

Ax

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

I've now got this image of you with a head band and shorts on doing exercises with eye of the tiger playing over the Montage

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just wondering if any other people deal with this?

So basically everytime we go to a club I (A) spend the next day really tired and lethargic, not through a hangover as I don't drink, more like a "what on earth happened last night" kind of feeling. I liken it to mental exhaustion..

Should note that I love the experiences, but they seem to take alot out of me. Is this something that's likely to fade once I find my stride?

Ax"

I can do relate to this introvert at heart and also where else do you shut your phone away for 7 hours and live in the moment?! It’s a lot! X

By *tinerant scribeMan  over a year ago

County Durham

It's not just lack of sleep? I find that after a good night at a club my mind races and I'm quite bouncy the next day!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It depends on your constitution and what aspects of the clubs are driving your issue, IMO

I can find being highly alert, having lots of people around me, which is very stimulating, potentially scanning and analysing whether others may be of interest or interested in us - as well as wanting to keep guarded from undesirables, etc to be very exhausting. And that's without excitement and possibly some sexual activities.

When I visit and more fully relax, without being so highly on alert, it doesn't have the same load on me. Familiarity is great, knowing the place and a great proportion of the people, can ease things too.

I have this too. I find people exhausting wherever I am, but particularly so after a club visit.

I love clubs, and the people, although it takes me days to recover afterwards.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

We're both introverts and find clubs exhausting even if we don't play.

Just one of those things really.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

Sounds like your discribing something like Sub drop. In the Bdsm world you can get sub & Top drop. It's the come down from the adreniline (sp). I've had it on occasion. Take time for yourself the next day. Reading, sofa day, nice meal, cuddles ect. Whatever makes you feel good.

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Me too.

I do better with a bit of fresh air between club and bed to ground myself, and spending as much time in rooms with natural light (or the smoking area) as possible.

By *MrandMrsRedxCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Yeah I definitely get a little of this.

Mrs

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

I know what you mean. That's why i dont go to clubs anymore, much prefer easy, relaxing one on ones, and repeat meets.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think it's almost like you get a boost of feelgood chemicals in your blood when you are out in a lifestyle club, and then the next day, when they are gone it's kind of like a comedown.

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I find if I've had a good night out (whether it's at the club or not), my head will be buzzing when I get home. It doesn't matter if it's 2am and I have work the next day; I need a bit of time before I go to bed. If it was a particularly good night, I might need an hour or more.

The lack of sleep certainly doesn't help the next day. But it's more than that. How can the mundane world compare with whatever I was doing the night before? Everything is dull in comparison.

I'm still feeling a bit of that from Wednesday night. That was a good night. I just want to go back and do it again

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

As an introvert I can find a club visit mentally draining but also at my age it's physically pretty demanding too and it can take a couple of days to recover. Would that stop me going...absolutely not as its definitely worth it and we both have a great time.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, definitely.

Find places, if possible, that are slightly more quiet. To zone out, collect your thoughts, before going back in.

They're incredible places but for a lot of us they can only be handled in small doses

By *intsizedpocketrockets OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stafford

Wow! Didn't feel that this would be a shared feeling! Thanks so much for everyone's contributions and advice.

Definitely makes you feel not alone in this struggle and some helpful tips for combating/accepting it.

By *ad_Bod_ToddMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

I suspect that this might be due to an overload of adrenalin (which you're not used to). Nothing to worry about and ought to ease as you get more used to going to clubs etc.

Its the drop in dopamine, serotonin endorphins that are released. Its also called sub drop. Without aftercare I suffer from it badly for days. With good aftercare Im fine.

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

"Just wondering if any other people deal with this?

Ax"

I have Aspergers, so I deal with this everyday in normal life. So going to a club presents a hell of a lot of sensory input. The day after, I can barely move from exhaustion.

But this is the way I see it: At least it’s sensory input and exhaustion that I knowingly and willing brought upon myself, rather than it being imposed upon me

(All the naked ladies help take the edge off it too!!!)

Mr x

By *hesecretdocMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

As a fellow aspire I get this!

PS. The Mrs is gorgeous!

» Add a new message to this topic