FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Age

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are people's thoughts on getting a message from someone, when you read their profile you see you're 15 years older than what they're looking for, I know age is just a number, but for me they've put an age limit, if they want older they should maybe change it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think age limits are difficult.

Sometimes it restricts you uneccessarily and may mean you miss out on an experience.

Just give people a chance, they may surprise you?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We quite often get messages from people who have an upper limit younger than us. If we like them we message back, people often use their age range as a guide

"I think age limits are difficult.

Sometimes it restricts you uneccessarily and may mean you miss out on an experience.

Just give people a chance, they may surprise you?"

I have, sometimes they have surprised me, and sometimes not

Take the age ranges with a pinch of salt. Sometimes people will look outside of them if the urge arises.

"I think age limits are difficult.

Just give people a chance, they may surprise you? I have, sometimes they have surprised me, and sometimes not"

Life is just us rolling the dice anyway

"Take the age ranges with a pinch of salt. Sometimes people will look outside of them if the urge arises. "
your age range says 60 but would you look at a 70 year old

"Take the age ranges with a pinch of salt. Sometimes people will look outside of them if the urge arises. your age range says 60 but would you look at a 70 year old "

I would looking like you.

"Take the age ranges with a pinch of salt. Sometimes people will look outside of them if the urge arises. your age range says 60 but would you look at a 70 year old

I would looking like you."

thank you

We also appear quite local to eachother

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"What are people's thoughts on getting a message from someone, when you read their profile you see you're 15 years older than what they're looking for, I know age is just a number, but for me they've put an age limit, if they want older they should maybe change it"

I was rejected by a gorgeous older lady i approached for this very reason. I was gutted as the age range was set after someone advised me it would be better to specify a preference than leave it looking like id go with anyone. I was surprised to find an older lady locally i wanted to approach and if it wasn't for the age range detail she would have been interested. No offence was meant but i was ideally looking for someone under 45 because im under 40 myself and didnt see id be able to be attracted to someone much older than that.

I think people shouldnt put any stock in it if approached by someone whose age settings display a preference that isnt you - if anything it means you have something they are surprised they want

[Removed by poster at 28/07/22 17:07:07]

"We also appear quite local to eachother "
what do you call local

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I think age limits are fluid but to be honest if I hadva message from someone whose upper age limit was 15 years different I think I'd ignore it. There's fluid and then there's a significant difference and I think 15 years is definitely the latter

"We also appear quite local to eachother what do you call local "

Im in Cheltenham. You are in the South West

"Take the age ranges with a pinch of salt. Sometimes people will look outside of them if the urge arises. your age range says 60 but would you look at a 70 year old "

I’ve looked at people under and over my age range. I may not routinely search outside of my age parameters, but doesn’t mean I would rule of contacting them.

By *hilledGuyClactonMan  over a year ago

Witham

The first profile I had always met with ppl around the same age 5 yrs either way of 29.But then met someone in her late forties.Still one of the best meets I have ever got from the site.

Although 37 now I don't really have a age preference anymore

Mine says 60 too, but I'd definitely look at and chat to a 70 year old. 60 is just rough guideline for me, but ultimately it all depends on the person. If I'm attracted to them, then it's all irrelevant.

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"What are people's thoughts on getting a message from someone, when you read their profile you see you're 15 years older than what they're looking for, I know age is just a number, but for me they've put an age limit, if they want older they should maybe change it"

If you are older than what they listed but they messaged you...

Surely then they have found something interesting in your profile

Exception as against rule

Maybe just take the compliment

Would be satisfied with a message, regardless of age

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

They liked what they saw/read enough to message you. If tire interested in return, that’s all that matters really isn’t it?

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

I limit my age range to reduce the volume of messages but will then wink anyone I like the look of anyway, regardless of age X

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"I limit my age range to reduce the volume of messages but will then wink anyone I like the look of anyway, regardless of age X"

And if i could pm you id say how much i love your boob and cake pic...

By *onlywishiMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"What are people's thoughts on getting a message from someone, when you read their profile you see you're 15 years older than what they're looking for, I know age is just a number, but for me they've put an age limit, if they want older they should maybe change it

They liked what they saw/read enough to message you. If tire interested in return, that’s all that matters really isn’t it? "

This ! Yes the ages are what people are looking for but why does that have to be set in stone for someone who looks great ? For everyone at the minute it’s seems hard to meet and yes I understand that as a lady you will get hundreds of asks ? But it’s only 15 years ? Unless he’s the older one ?????

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

The thing is on here an awful lot tell fibs about their age. You talk to someone on here who claims to be 35 years old yet when you meet them they turn out to be 50 or more. This age thing just turns out to be meaningless for me. You either want to meet someone or you don't

By *unlovinCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Look at the face and body pics instead of what age people put down , MOST are false anyway

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Age limit is not set in stone.

99% of the time I know it's because they didn't bother reading my profile, they just messaged every woman in a 200 mile radius.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I would first be suspicious that they were either spreading their net out wider out of desperation or not reading your profile properly.

However if you like what you read and see and the vibe your getting maybe be worth checking it out rather than instant bin. Maybe may clear from the start your age and question their age range to see is it's just a mistake. But if all is good, see where it goes.

Personally I don't worry about age anymore. I'm simply attracted to who I'm attracted to. The club scene especially is ageless, no one has to display their age like on here. You just meet people and take them as you find them. I meet women not knowing their age far older and younger than me and been suprised when I've discovered their true age later. And to be fair it really doesn't matter as long as there's a spark and it works.

By *pagafocsMan  over a year ago

Madrid

Age is a number but can be important I've been always turned on by older women... I've been with women nearly 40 years older than me and loved it .. so for me your age is just oerfect

"What are people's thoughts on getting a message from someone, when you read their profile you see you're 15 years older than what they're looking for, I know age is just a number, but for me they've put an age limit, if they want older they should maybe change it

They liked what they saw/read enough to message you. If tire interested in return, that’s all that matters really isn’t it? "

I (F - Mrs) totally agree with you. Age range is a guide, yes we have a range set but if someone sends a message that comes across as someone we like then we will chat and see how it goes

By *imGimMan  over a year ago

london

For me, I’m 52, and whiting coming across as arrogant I’m fully aware that I don’t look anywhere close to 50, yet alone 52, and so I am often left wondering if set age preferences are based on the assumption of what a person should look like at a certain age?

london

I’m 52, and in life, people are convinced I’ve had Botox or work done, or that I take steroids. Most people incorrectly assume I’m somewhere between late 30s to early 40s. It can be a barrier because anyone above 50 is seen as having one foot in the grave. I do think it maybe a form of discrimination, since we can’t put things in our profile something like “sorry you can’t message ^*** they don’t accept emails from black peoples”

london

It happens to me a lot: people are like “but you don’t look 52, and act like you should be grateful and they are doing a great favour. Thing is I know my “worth” and have too much self respect to accept a an insult masquerading as a backhanded compliment. You look like a very healthy person, people should see you for you.

london

I know people in their 30s who look older than me and I’m 52

By *ongWayAroundMan  over a year ago

Boston

Age is but a number. We have a too young, but met a couple at a party in their early 20's that were probably more mature than us. Just as we have met mature fabbers with a youthful heart.

By *nake_tongue69Man  over a year ago

Sussex

The settings on here for age are too specific though. Like, why can’t we specify age groups? That would allow more connections. Like missing out on contacting someone because you are 1 year older than their upper limit

"The settings on here for age are too specific though. Like, why can’t we specify age groups? That would allow more connections. Like missing out on contacting someone because you are 1 year older than their upper limit "

People do have age groups. Like 20 to 40. Or 18 to 99.

If they wanted to meet a 60 year old their age range would be to 60.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I really can't sexually be with anyone older than me. I never been physically turned on by someone older so age limits help me

By *Darkhorse69Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

"We quite often get messages from people who have an upper limit younger than us. If we like them we message back, people often use their age range as a guide"

I agree with this! It’s more of guide as to being set in stone!

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

Bournmouth

Everyone will look at this differently but for me age really is just a number and attraction is what counts.I’ve been attracted to people who fall into a very wide age range over by the years and I’m sure will continue to do so.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I am 50 and I find people's preferences peak at 55.

However a lot of couples with an age limit younger than myself do look at my profile.

Having said that I have been told I look and move like a much younger person.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"It happens to me a lot: people are like “but you don’t look 52, and act like you should be grateful and they are doing a great favour. Thing is I know my “worth” and have too much self respect to accept a an insult masquerading as a backhanded compliment. You look like a very healthy person, people should see you for you. "

I agree 100%

If you have any attraction age shouldn’t be a factor. Above all they could probably teach all of us a lesson or two.

By *he one 23Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

I have been with a 40yr old and she said more mature guys treat lady's more respectfully and they last longer .

» Add a new message to this topic