FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Removing a Verification.

Removing a Verification.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi. Got an issue! I'm an established member of Fab & been very lucky to meet some fantastic people along the way.

Met a 'newbbie' couple three months back, socially & was happy to verify them to help them get started on Fab.

But... things have gone sour for various reasons. I have asked them, politely, if they would please remove my verification, but they have point blank refused to do so.

I don't wan't to go down the 'block' route, but it's a very real option on the table.

Basically , what's the best way to resolve this situation & should there be an option, if you have written a verification, you have the right to remove it to?!

Thoughts please! Would love to hear from the administrators on the issue to!

Thanks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As far as I am aware, there are 2 ways to remove a verification once it has been given out: for the giver to leave the site completely or to block the receiver of the verification.

I guess the former is not an option.

Yep...i think you're kind of going to have to ignore it and move on.

Why is it such an issue?Surely the verification you wrote was bang on at the time?

If things have gone sour why is the 'block' not an option?

After all, it sounds like you'd not want to meet with them again anyway.

Forum Mod

There is a right to remove it,you block the profile and it will go,if there was one left for you that goes too which is only fair

If it comes to the stage where you feel that you really don't want your name associated with a profile then you won't mind blocking them

"If things have gone sour why is the 'block' not an option?

After all, it sounds like you'd not want to meet with them again anyway."

I thought that - it all seems a bit melodramatic with the not wanting to block

I hate blocking.. really feels like a last resort. Also, I'm pretty sure, as my postcode area is quite small, I'll bump into them again... already dreading that... blocking them would add to the 'akwardness'...

I guess my point is this, as 'Pearl Necklace' has spotted, there's only two options available to remove a verification... & they are both a bit drastic! LOL

Also, in the past, I have written a veri & after sending it, read it back, & not been entirely happy with it.. but not been able to re-write or amend.

Should there be an option, like when you write a club review or post on a forum, to be able remove and/or rewrite it?

Thanks for the contributions so far by the way, food for thought!

if it has gone sour any ways seeing them again is going to be awk i think the best idea is to just block that way its over and done with and she will probs be expecting a block any way

"if it has gone sour any ways seeing them again is going to be awk i think the best idea is to just block that way its over and done with and she will probs be expecting a block any way "

Agree of things are sour enough that you want to remove your veri then it's going to be awkward anyway. If you have asked them to remove the veri already as you say you did then they must know your not happy with them for whatever reason so like op said probably won't be shocked at block.

What on earth's the big deal re blocking somebody???

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Blocking someone does not have to be permanent. You can block then unblock. The veris go, they are not permanently blocked but the disputed/discussed words are no longer there.

Job done.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Blocking someone does not have to be permanent. You can block then unblock. The veris go, they are not permanently blocked but the disputed/discussed words are no longer there.

Job done."

It doesn't work like this. If you unblock the verification shows again.

Admin x

"What on earth's the big deal re blocking somebody???

"

We agree, whats the big deal just block and move on its hardly life threating, seems to us your making a drama out of nothing.

"Also, I'm pretty sure, as my postcode area is quite small, I'll bump into them again... already dreading that... blocking them would add to the 'akwardness'...

"

Main reason why I am not too keen to meet anyone local.

Although it was done with a heavy heart & a shaky hand... the block button was deployed I'm afraid! What's the betting I'll bump into them in the next week or sooo.... LOL

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

If you bump into them just deny all knowledge and tell them its a glitch on your profile. lol. Dont worry about it too much. I don understand what you mean about bumping into people, its a fear of mine too, but its a worry that will probably never happen.

Enjoy and stay safe

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Although it was done with a heavy heart & a shaky hand... the block button was deployed I'm afraid! What's the betting I'll bump into them in the next week or sooo.... LOL"

Run away.

I don't run very fast... & he was a big bloke!

Agree _ady4lady.... I'm not keen on confrontation, more a lover than a fighter!

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

I see lots of women Ive bedded and either stop and chat we em or ignore em....... Simples

i got blocked today after asking for some kind of photo to prove being genuine, straight guys will block you for just looking at their cam. it happens.

» Add a new message to this topic