FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Bareback fun

Bareback fun

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ark125125 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to make sure this is entirely to boost my own & others confidence and find out the dead truth of having bareback fun, definitely NOT to judge anyone's choices!

I'm in the scene almost 5 years and I still couldn't make my mind to go bareback yet even if I want it so badly.

Since I would highly appreciate to hear advices & their own experiences (specifically if cought up with those STIs/ STDs or it isn't that bad out there as it says?) from anyone who has done that and currently doing it.

Again, not to judge anyone just only gathering information.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Again, not to judge anyone just only gathering information."

Visit your local GUM Clinic and get yourself on PrEP. Or buy it from the web. HIV is the only STI that we don't yet have a vaccine. PrEP stops the HIV virus from replicating in your body, so it'll not infect you, therefore you're not infectious either.

Get checked up every 12 weeks and for every other STI you can get vaccinated against, or take a course of antibiotics or cream etc. ie a cure.

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

It would be worth taking PreP even as a hetero top. As the insertive partner you are less likely to contract HIV although risks around STIs remain fairly constant. Assuming this is the sex you're planning!

It's worth considering your partners sexual history, obviously, before engaging in unprotected sex and ensuring you are completely HIV and STI free before doing so.

Treatment is available for all STIs although some strains are becoming antibiotic resistant - there was a strain of Gonorrhoea in Leeds a few years ago which was only defeated after prolonged last line multi antibiotics. HIV- obviously there is PreP and PeP. Highly effective when taken in line with dosing guidelines.

See your GUM if you want detailed advice or are unsure. Regular testing is key if you do bareback, clinics can do monthly HIV screening along with other STIs.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Again, not to judge anyone just only gathering information.

Visit your local GUM Clinic and get yourself on PrEP. Or buy it from the web. HIV is the only STI that we don't yet have a vaccine. PrEP stops the HIV virus from replicating in your body, so it'll not infect you, therefore you're not infectious either.

Get checked up every 12 weeks and for every other STI you can get vaccinated against, or take a course of antibiotics or cream etc. ie a cure."

What about herpes?

Maidstone

"What about herpes? "

Get the HPV vaccine. It comes in three doses and you should have immunity. I've had mine.

London

So far it sounds like only option is you get the vaccines done and explore your healthy body to all of those STIs/STDs...

Obviously no one would admit or come forward to mention their bad experience after doing bareback. So wouldn't it be the same you gonna get from others even if you ask, are you clean before plan a bb meet up?

Well, I think I'll stick to my condoms for a long time

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

"What about herpes?

Get the HPV vaccine. It comes in three doses and you should have immunity. I've had mine."

I think you’ll find it’s a totally different virus and won’t stop you getting herpes.

J

Maidstone

"I think you’ll find it’s a totally different virus and won’t stop you getting herpes.

J"

Well I know the Consultant at my local GUM Clinic wants me to have good sexual health and has given me the HPV vaccine. So whichever virus the HPV is for, I guess I'm now protected.

Thanks for the heads up tho. You can never learn enough about sexual health and how to stay on top of it.

I googled herpes and on our NHS website, they say local GUM Clinic can give you antiviral medicine which should help it clear up but say it does sometimes flare up again. So I now know about the symptoms etc and will go get checked up immediately!

Thanks again!

Maidstone

"Well, I think I'll stick to my condoms for a long time "

Oh absolutely agree with you 100%. Not my place to judge.

I used to be a Sexual Health Outreach Worker and before PrEP we used to give out condoms like sweets! And for three decades I had protected sex. But I truly believe PrEP is a game changer and I would now say I have an AMAZING sex life!

For every new person I meet, I always assume it'll be protected but we talk about it. I then realise some are like me. They've done their homework and are on PrEP too. Woohoo!

It's your body and your decision and anyone who have sex with you MUST respect your wish. Sex has to be consensual.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"What about herpes?

Get the HPV vaccine. It comes in three doses and you should have immunity. I've had mine.

I think you’ll find it’s a totally different virus and won’t stop you getting herpes.

J"

Human papillomavirus infection

HPV... Some genital warts.

Herpes simplex virus 1 and 2, also known by their taxonomical names Human alphaherpesvirus 1 and Human alphaherpesvirus 2, are two members of the human Herpesviridae family, a set of viruses that produce viral infections in the majority of humans. Both HSV-1 and HSV-2 are very common and contagious.

Maidstone

"Human papillomavirus infection

Herpes simplex virus 1 and 2, also known by their taxonomical names Human alphaherpesvirus 1 and Human alphaherpesvirus 2, are two members of the human Herpesviridae family, a set of viruses that produce viral infections in the majority of humans. Both HSV-1 and HSV-2 are very common and contagious.

"

Someone's used Google and knows how to copy and paste! Lol

Does it say anything about prognosis? By just putting out the scary stuff, the OP is trying to gauge if he should go unprotected. You have just given us the first half of the story?

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

op a question to you do you test ?

the reason i ask is because so many think condoms is enought but its not condoms make it safer sex ..bearing in mind you touch and oral both risk as well

herpes & warts and a few other std dont need cock to spread the mouth and hands a more than enough

everyone should test if you swinging for sure

some one awhile back posted % of certain std it really is quite low when done with population % ..

Maidstone

Haha it's all coming back to me now. Herpes is the cold sore virus... So antiviral cream and tablets will clear it. I think this is the second half of the herpes story ...

Maidstone

"op a question to you do you test ?

the reason i ask is because so many think condoms is enought but its not condoms make it safer sex ..bearing in mind you touch and oral both risk as well

herpes & warts and a few other std dont need cock to spread the mouth and hands a more than enough

everyone should test if you swinging for sure

some one awhile back posted % of certain std it really is quite low when done with population % .. "

I agree! For me it's about managing risk.

If my 4 year old niece was to ask if she can cross the road anywhere, my advice here would be absolutely not and teach her how to manage the risk.

Anti bareback people in my view tend to take this black and white approach. It's about treating people as Adults rather than adopting the Parent Child stance.

London

100% agreed. That's the most worrying bit when come to swing even if you use condoms. There is a huge risk still you can catch STDs/STIs through bareback oral.

Fingers crossed everyone would concern about their own safety and others too and put some effort stay clean

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Haha it's all coming back to me now. Herpes is the cold sore virus... So antiviral cream and tablets will clear it. I think this is the second half of the herpes story ..."

The third part is that there is no cure for herpes, cannot be eradicated from the body. It’s a lifelong infection .

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"So far it sounds like only option is you get the vaccines done and explore your healthy body to all of those STIs/STDs...

Obviously no one would admit or come forward to mention their bad experience after doing bareback. So wouldn't it be the same you gonna get from others even if you ask, are you clean before plan a bb meet up?

Well, I think I'll stick to my condoms for a long time "

You need to asses your own risks.

A few years back I had a scare from a person I met linked to unprotected oral. Luckily I was negative and it seems she caught it from someone she saw after me.

Regular testing is fine, but it needs everyone to be testing and open about sexual partners.

Maidstone

"The third part is that there is no cure for herpes, cannot be eradicated from the body. It’s a lifelong infection . "

Yes indeed and I think I caught cold sores from a girlfriend crush at school... We didn't sex but had a good snog behind the bicycle shed...

I may be wrong but our bodies collect infections all the time? Like Long Covid. Once you catch a virus, and your body develops immunity to it, it also means your body can respond to it... Like the way vaccines work - as a harmless form of Covid?

Maidstone

"Regular testing is fine, but it needs everyone to be testing and open about sexual partners."

I once had a call from a semi-regular guy. It turned out it was his wife checking his phone. She took the "you filthy sti ridden whore" stance.

My response was, "I can understand how upset you are right now, but I do get checked every 12 weeks. So I think your husband is safer with me. It's the others who he may catch an infection from; and you really need to talk to him about both your sexual healths".

She was dumbfounded and hung up.

Maidstone

"A few years back I had a scare from a person I met linked to unprotected oral. Luckily I was negative and it seems she caught it from someone she saw after me."

Wowza! You dodged that bullet! Hope she's ok, and you're ok!

It was the GUM Test-and-Trace that contacted you, so I'm glad our NHS is working as it should. Waaaaaaay before Covid, we already had "infection control" systems in place for STI's.

By *ackbydemandMan  over a year ago

Leicester

I have an exclusive relationship with a couple and any meets outside that are done with them present and always with condoms. They do the same with anyone else. But, bareback is something that we have with each other as it heightens our bond. We still all regularly test however.

Up North

"What about herpes?

Get the HPV vaccine. It comes in three doses and you should have immunity. I've had mine."

Hpv and herpes are different viruses

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"So far it sounds like only option is you get the vaccines done and explore your healthy body to all of those STIs/STDs...

Well, I think I'll stick to my condoms for a long time "

Have you tried Skyns condoms? for me it's almost like not wearing one.

KJ

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"What about herpes?

"

??

Hpv is genital warts so a Hpv vaccine won't protect against herpes which once caught you have for life.

My brother caught herpes in his students days and he gets at least 1 outbreak a year over the last 15 years since been infected, more when he is under a lot of stress (much like many do with coldsores)

KJ

London

"Haha it's all coming back to me now. Herpes is the cold sore virus... So antiviral cream and tablets will clear it. I think this is the second half of the herpes story ...

The third part is that there is no cure for herpes, cannot be eradicated from the body. It’s a lifelong infection . "

Glad someone actually brought this into the forum.

Maidstone

"I have an exclusive relationship with a couple and any meets outside that are done with them present and always with condoms. They do the same with anyone else. But, bareback is something that we have with each other as it heightens our bond. We still all regularly test however. "

A lot of gay men who've only known protected sex before PrEP have said they can now enjoy a more carefree sex life. Sex should be caring, managed and good.

Terence Higgins Trust used to run a 3T campaign: Talk, Test, Trust. It is lovely to see you're taking responsibility for your own sexual health. It is much easier to blame others.

Maidstone

"Glad someone actually brought this into the forum."

So am I. So just in case you missed it, as I see others have, the Herpes discussion is now clear on this thread?

Good post OP, I am (re)learning so much about the STI's and the risks they post. This is your original intention, right? No judgement just facts to help you decide?

Maidstone

"Have you tried Skyns condoms? for me it's almost like not wearing one"

Good call! It's better to use condoms and feel safe, than go bareback and be wrecked with worry! This is what I always say to guys I meet when we're that important discussion.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Remember, not all STIs are tested for at clinics. You may think that you have never caught any, whilst the reality is different.

London

"Glad someone actually brought this into the forum.

So am I. So just in case you missed it, as I see others have, the Herpes discussion is now clear on this thread?

Good post OP, I am (re)learning so much about the STI's and the risks they post. This is your original intention, right? No judgement just facts to help you decide?"

Indeed no judgments at all. Only to share as much as informations/ experiences whether it's bad or good. Hoping this will help out for anyone (including myself) to decide either go for it or stick to safe side

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"A few years back I had a scare from a person I met linked to unprotected oral. Luckily I was negative and it seems she caught it from someone she saw after me.

Wowza! You dodged that bullet! Hope she's ok, and you're ok!

It was the GUM Test-and-Trace that contacted you, so I'm glad our NHS is working as it should. Waaaaaaay before Covid, we already had "infection control" systems in place for STI's."

There were a few of us she saw that day, but it was her that reached out to us all not the GUM clinic.

Its an occupational hazard if you engage in unprotected acts of any sort.

Its just a reminder that people can claim they are testinf, but it doesn’t always mean they are.

Maidstone

"Its just a reminder that people can claim they are tested, but it doesn’t always mean they are."

Indeed! This is Fab.

Replace "tested" above with "single" or "straight"... Lol

Up North

"Remember, not all STIs are tested for at clinics. You may think that you have never caught any, whilst the reality is different. "

Totally agree. They can’t test for hpv (in men) or herpes

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

"What about herpes?

J

Human papillomavirus infection

"

HPV is more than just ‘some genital warts’. Some of the high risk strains, namely 16 and 18 can cause cancers in both women and men. If your immune system can’t overcome it.

J

London

So far I can see, it's a huge risk even if you give/ receive bareback oral. But the bright side is people (majority I guess) seems they are still concerned about sexual health and putting more effort to stay safe.

Would definitely like to hear from couples & singles who usually attend those bareback parties/ gangbang events

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes pls

I go bareback on here with people I have built a good relationship with or they've shown me their results and haven't ever been caught out with an sti /std. Maybe I'm lucky. I am fully tested every 6 weeks aswell. X

Hpv vaccine does not work If you already carry the virus - most people unknowingly do! Hence why the vax is given in teen years before sexually active. Most sexually active people already have hpv virus and don't know it.

Also as the other person said- herpes is a life long condition. You can treat it but never cured. So stay away from coldsores lol x

Bare back is always better and nicer but got to know person or trust them, gang with so many different people is not possible to know or trust ,but be very horny and naughty and messy idea nmmmmmm xxx

By *lderpervMan  over a year ago

London

Everyone seems obsessed with safety these days, for crying out loud, live your life, there are far worse things than getting an std and those worse things will happen to most of us before we are done.

Totally agree bareback is by far better sex! But on the other hand.I value my life better than a bit of fun, people who are fucking around without them is dangerous. I have seen a guy playing with another guy when dogging.Then couple comes and guess what? Yes he’s fucking the wife and sucking the husband so yeah as we all know HIV is a killer and this scene is rampant for it.

Just my opinion before you homosexual guys get on the band wagon and start am not saying all just what I’ve seen with my own eyes.

London

Yes I guess we are, at least majority of us obsessed with safety rather than risking it. As I said earlier no judgment over anyone's decision. I personally would value my health over catching up some sort of STDs just over bit of fun.

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

"Totally agree bareback is by far better sex! But on the other hand.I value my life better than a bit of fun, people who are fucking around without them is dangerous. I have seen a guy playing with another guy when dogging.Then couple comes and guess what? Yes he’s fucking the wife and sucking the husband so yeah as we all know HIV is a killer and this scene is rampant for it.

Just my opinion before you homosexual guys get on the band wagon and start am not saying all just what I’ve seen with my own eyes. "

You saw a set of people in a scene who made their mind to go bare. Nothing to do with their sexually. In your story it’s a mix of straight, bi and gay (probably) but you name homesexual out loud. You don’t like it, don’t do it. No need to shame or blame. I don’t do it with random hookups, but I don’t question them.

Welling

"So far I can see, it's a huge risk even if you give/ receive bareback oral. But the bright side is people (majority I guess) seems they are still concerned about sexual health and putting more effort to stay safe.

"

I think OP you are overestimating risk level for unprotected oral. You are at huge risk to be hit by a car if you cross busy road on red light. Risk to get STI (including HIV) from oral sex is minimal (yet it exists, I agree).

How does protected oral on pussy look like? Using cling film? Never seen or heard about one before.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"Totally agree bareback is by far better sex! But on the other hand.I value my life better than a bit of fun, people who are fucking around without them is dangerous. I have seen a guy playing with another guy when dogging.Then couple comes and guess what? Yes he’s fucking the wife and sucking the husband so yeah as we all know HIV is a killer and this scene is rampant for it.

Just my opinion before you homosexual guys get on the band wagon and start am not saying all just what I’ve seen with my own eyes. "

What you have seen has nothing to do with homosexual and i don't get why you have to point the fingers to this group for STD's transmisions.

Most Gay and bisexual men who play bare will be on Prep to protect them against HIV, are vaccinated against hep B and hep C they will also get tested far more often for all other STD's, a lot of STRAIGHT men and woman who play bare will not be on Prep to start with or be vaccinated against anything else and rarely get tested either.

But homosexuals are more prone to get HIV as it’s more in that scene which is being brought into the swinging scence hence homosexuals fucking men’s wives to get at the male part again I am not against homosexuality am just stating what I’ve seen.

By *issnibbles88Woman  over a year ago

Chester

Talking from experience.

I only do safe.. I had a condom removed without my consent and caught gonorrhoea. Luckily I've the sense to still test for this reason.

Was treated with an antibiotic injection. I always now observe my partners taking the condom off at the end to inspect it haha

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"But homosexuals are more prone to get HIV as it’s more in that scene which is being brought into the swinging scence hence homosexuals fucking men’s wives to get at the male part again I am not against homosexuality am just stating what I’ve seen. "

you seen 2 men fucking so straight away the gay man got HIV and giving it to the other man

In 2019, 1,700 MSM (men sex with men) were newly diagnosed with HIV, making up 41% of all new HIV diagnoses (figures from the nat.org.uk website). This leave 59% of newly diagnosed case not from homosexual men so stop saying HIV is more prone in that group.

Most Gay men like i say will take Prep when playing bare, most straight Men or woman never heard of it never mind taking it.

"

HPV is more than just ‘some genital warts’. Some of the high risk strains, namely 16 and 18 can cause cancers in both women and men. If your immune system can’t overcome it.

J"

Exactly. HPV is serious and while 80% of CERVICAL CANCER is caused by strains 16 and 18, the other strains (which are not even tested for in an NHS smear) cause the other 20%.

Not worth it.

Facts about cervical cancer in the UK

1. Almost all cases of cervical cancer are caused by a common virus called Human Papillomavirus (HPV).

2. Each year around 3,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer.

3. In the UK, cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women under 35.

"I think OP you are overestimating risk level for unprotected oral. You are at huge risk to be hit by a car if you cross busy road on red light. Risk to get STI (including HIV) from oral sex is minimal (yet it exists, I agree).

How does protected oral on pussy look like? Using cling film? Never seen or heard about one before. "

It's called a "dental dam" apparently.

Welling

I need to Google it now. Never too late to learn new things

By *oulittlesecretTV/TS  over a year ago

liverpool

Sadly this is the misconception , HPV is the biggest killer out of all STIs and still no cure, there is now a vaccine but most r still unvaccinated unless younger x

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Its just a reminder that people can claim they are tested, but it doesn’t always mean they are.

Indeed! This is Fab.

Replace "tested" above with "single" or "straight"... Lol"

Unfortunately Tue

Central

"... I have seen a guy playing with another guy when dogging.Then couple comes and guess what? Yes he’s fucking the wife and sucking the husband so yeah as we all know HIV is a killer and this scene is rampant for it..."

"This scene is rampant for it"

What - HIV?

Thankfully, HIV testing is easy and readily available via STI clinics and services. There's no 'rampant' HIV infection issues amongst swingers that I've heard of. HIV is preventable, via Prep, condoms and abstinence and swingers generally have amongst the highest levels of active STI testing and treatment mindsets around.

Central

"But homosexuals are more prone to get HIV as it’s more in that scene which is being brought into the swinging scence hence homosexuals fucking men’s wives to get at the male part again I am not against homosexuality am just stating what I’ve seen. "

Anecdotal conflation of your interpretations of what you think you may have seen, doesn't cut it from an hard, evidential basis. It has no standing, even in the eyes of general common sense. Certainly not, when it comes to analysis and understanding of the real world. Sadly, outdated, biased and somewhat ignorant viewpoints can harm.

"Heterosexuals were also far more likely to be diagnosed late, meaning damage to the immune system has already begun. More than half (51%) of women, 55% of heterosexual men and 66% of those aged 65 and over diagnosed with HIV in 2020 were diagnosed at a late stage. This compares to just 29% of gay and bisexual men. This is likely driven by a belief that they are not at risk of HIV". THT.

"... swingers generally have amongst the highest levels of active STI testing and treatment mindsets around. "

Unfortunately, this is inaccurate according to statistics.

"Disease risk higher for swingers than pr0stitutes

By Kate Kelland

3 MIN READ

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists studying swingers -- straight couples who regularly swap sexual partners and indulge in group sex at organized meeting -- say they have higher rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) than pr0stitutes."

"Dutch researchers publishing their work in the British Medical Journal showed that older swingers -- those over the age of 45 -- are particularly vulnerable and yet are a group largely ignored by healthcare services.

With estimates that the swinger population could be many millions across the world, the scientists said there was a risk this untreated group could act as an STI “transmission bridge to the entire population.”

A "TRANSMISSION BRIDGE" - how exciting

London

"Talking from experience.

I only do safe.. I had a condom removed without my consent and caught gonorrhoea. Luckily I've the sense to still test for this reason.

Was treated with an antibiotic injection. I always now observe my partners taking the condom off at the end to inspect it haha "

Highly appreciated bring your own experience to the tread. That's the main purpose of this original post. Hear from real people about real experiences. Would definitely helps to learn and make our own decisions. Thanks again

London

""Dutch researchers publishing their work in the British Medical Journal showed that older swingers -- those over the age of 45 -- are particularly vulnerable and yet are a group largely ignored by healthcare services.

With estimates that the swinger population could be many millions across the world, the scientists said there was a risk this untreated group could act as an STI “transmission bridge to the entire population.”

A "TRANSMISSION BRIDGE" - how exciting "

Well, this is quite an eye opener. Thanks for taking your time to add something valuable to the tread.

If anyone could leave the links here for those medical journals, would be really helpful for interested parties.

It’s called a dental dam and it’s a thin sheet of latex placed over the genitals to protect both giver and receiver.

By *issnibbles88Woman  over a year ago

Chester

"Talking from experience.

Was treated with an antibiotic injection. I always now observe my partners taking the condom off at the end to inspect it haha

Highly appreciated bring your own experience to the tread. That's the main purpose of this original post. Hear from real people about real experiences. Would definitely helps to learn and make our own decisions. Thanks again "

Your welcome. Luckily was caught quickly as I was really poorly! Everyone has their own experiences, some can go bareback all their lives and not catch anything. Then you get the small minority who don't test and pass it on like nothing. Ruins it for everyone xx

Exactly this, some GUM clinics will only test for chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV and Hep B/C unless you’ve knowingly been exposed to something else. Herpes will be tested if symptoms are present but can be asymptomatic and there is no way of knowing when infection took place so you could have it for years before a flare up and actually getting a diagnosis. Meanwhile it can be passed on even with protected sex with a condom as it only requires skin contact with an affected persons skin shedding the virus. It is also passed oral to genital and vice versa which is why it is so common. I’m sure stats say around 70% of the population have it.

It’s worth noting that not all vaccines last forever - my hep B immunity had gone and I only knew because my GUM dr asked me if I wanted it checked!

By *ump_aroundMan  over a year ago

somewhere close

This is a great debate

By *ingdong11Man  over a year ago

southampton

"... swingers generally have amongst the highest levels of active STI testing and treatment mindsets around.

Unfortunately, this is inaccurate according to statistics.

"Disease risk higher for swingers than pr0stitutes

By Kate Kelland

3 MIN READ

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists studying swingers -- straight couples who regularly swap sexual partners and indulge in group sex at organized meeting -- say they have higher rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) than pr0stitutes.""

What you have missed out though , is that the general population also have higher rates of stds than pr0stitutes , the difference in rates between swingers and general population is only about 1%.

Very risky, but very naughty and sexy xx

London

"Very risky, but very naughty and sexy xx "

Indeed. But rather stay safe.

Guess not all of us are luck enough to find a trustworthy couple or a lady for regular bareback fun

Looking for reg guy to try this with xx

London

"Looking for reg guy to try this with xx"

Haha.. When you find a right match, yeah the DISTANCE!! always the same ??

Always the way lol xx

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Very risky, but very naughty and sexy xx

Indeed. But rather stay safe.

Guess not all of us are luck enough to find a trustworthy couple or a lady for regular bareback fun "

There are more out there than you think

London

I don't know tbh. I'm in & out from fab over the last 4 years and still no luck. Probably the location you live does matter

Few guys I meet try it without or forget condoms lol xx

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

You would also have the risk of pregnancy, imagine multiple women being pregnant at the same time? Can't fix that with a round of antibiotics.

I have had the snip and can prove it with a letter, so I’m all good

"What about herpes?

Please ignore this as it's dangerously inaccurate. The human papillomavirus virus (HPV) is an entirely different and unrelated virus to the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

The HPV vaccine covers a number of strains of HPV which cause genital warts, NOT herpes. The HPV virus can cause cervical and throat cancer amongst other things. The HPV vaccination does not cover all strains of HPV, just the most prevalent.

There is no vaccination for herpes, which is HSV. Post exposure antiviral treatments for herpes do not always work to relieve outbreaks. A genital infection of HSV can occur from oral sex with someone with a cold sore - it doesn't have to be traditional sex.

Get vaccinated for everything that you possibly can be: Hep A, Hep B, HPV, Monkeypox. Get PrEP - it is revolutionary. Never be afraid to ask people if they're tested and clean and make sure that you are tested every three months.

It's time consuming but it's worth it for the protection. When I had my Hep B vaccinations there were boosters at - I think - one and five (or ten?) years. My HPV vaccination was spread across six months I think. I don't remember it was a while ago, but it takes commitment and time. I had the HPV vaccination as soon as it became available to men. I had to travel an hour away for each jab at the time as my local clinic wouldn't offer it for another eighteen months.

I had my Hep A and Hep B antibodies checked last year to see if I'd need any boosters - I had to ask for this, they weren't proactive about it. The consultant was quite surprised, I think he said my antibodies were ten times higher than what is considered acceptable coverage, and that I wouldn't need any boosters in the future. I'm not sure if they can check HPV antibodies.

The vaccines seem to be well tolerated.

I tried bareback for the first time around four years ago and I love it. I haven't had an STI/STD in almost twenty two years of activity. I always ask if people are tested and clean and to my knowledge only one person has lied to me but thankfully I never caught anything.

Ultimately you can have all the vaccinations in the world, take PrEP and be fit and healthy and still get an STI/STD. Even if you test every three months, your negative results are invalidated if you bareback someone later that same day and then bareback other people before the next round of testing. You can protect yourself as much as possible but you can still end up with an STI/STD if the other person is less diligent or honest. It's the risk you take with bareback.

PrEP is a game changer but it's not 100% effective. It's close, but it's not 100%. Most STI/STDs can be prevented, treated or even cured with a small number of exceptions. It's not as risky as it was thirty years ago

I've noticed that many men aged 50+ are rather ignorant when it comes to bareback, PrEP, PEP and the reduction in risk. They're still very much stuck in the 80s. They frown on people who bareback as disease spreaders but ignore the fact that most STI/STDs can be caught through oral (which they're more than happy to do without a condom) just as easily as with vaginal or anal sex.

By *otallysmoothMan  over a year ago

Telford

I get checked regular, send for a kit online, usually comes bk negative, pref being used bb, but last check came back positive so on antibiotics for a week, then going to go on prep.

"I get checked regular, send for a kit online, usually comes bk negative, pref being used bb, but last check came back positive so on antibiotics for a week, then going to go on prep. "

Get well soon. I'd love to do the home kits but can't. I clot so quickly I can never fill the vial more than 20% of what's needed. Last one I sent in I tried my best but bloods were rejected due to insufficient sample. Have to go in and get blood drawn by the nurse.

Bare sex is very nice xx

London

"Bare sex is very nice xx "

Nice till you catch up with some STDs ?? unless you both trust each other and know both are 100% clean.

Up North

"Bare sex is very nice xx

Nice till you catch up with some STDs ?? unless you both trust each other and know both are 100% clean.

"

You can never be 100% certain

London

You can never be 100% certain "

Couldn't agree anymore! ??

Nowadays we all have difficulties trusting people you meet up throug online or whatever the way. Even you know the person a bit how the hell you know 100% that person has waited exclusively for you between the last test and your meet up? You DON'T ??

You can never be 100% certain

Couldn't agree anymore! ??

Nowadays we all have difficulties trusting people you meet up throug online or whatever the way. Even you know the person a bit how the hell you know 100% that person has waited exclusively for you between the last test and your meet up? You DON'T ??

"

Do you just watch other people have sex then? Nearly everything you can catch from anal, you can catch from oral. You can catch a variety of things from simply rubbing your eyes after getting infected fluids on your fingers. Someone can have a tiny unnoticeable cold sore, suck you off and boom, hello blisters. Glandular fever and other things from kissing. Crabs doesn't even require anything penetrative. They're saying now that Monkeypox may be transmissible before visible signs appear, and can catch it from bedding.

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

I not saying should or should not have bare fun . But it something for each person to choose or not choose. If you never take any risks you never drive..never eat takeaways. Never socially mix incase court anything. Life is a risk but in free county you choose which risks to take.

By *ulldipadovaMan  over a year ago

London

I love BB p ly with tested STD free partners

» Add a new message to this topic