FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > ND WONKY CREW - Clearing my head

ND WONKY CREW - Clearing my head

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issy_sub_r OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Thatcham

So, after a particularly shitty 48 hours in life, my autistic brain had got itself into one of its interminable loops, where it was over analysing everything and deciding that every situation could only possibly result in the worst possible outcome.

So, this morning, I put on my walking boots and headed out for 14 miles on my own. It's worked bloody brilliantly, and I'm now sat in the pub with a pint and a very chilled out and relaxed brain again.

What works for you when you need to clear your wonky head?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Exercise and being outdoors definitely helps. But that is a large part of my lifestyle anyway so when I'm really struggling sometimes it's not enough. Buy a few hours on my bike with my headphones on is bliss!

I also love a long soak on the bath, hot water and bubbles us definitely a sensory pleasure!

When I'm at my worst, I just have to sit, a quiet dark room is sometimes the only way to decompress

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm really trying to figure this out. I find it difficult trying to to balance impulsiveness with routine ect, which makes healthy coping mechanisms difficult to stick to

By *iltopbearMan  over a year ago

Norfolk

Very loud music, particularly Thrash Metal.

Can completely drift off to another place.

» Add a new message to this topic