FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > @ ND Wonky Crew - hormones

@ ND Wonky Crew - hormones

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know I've posted about hormones in the main thread but I'd like to explore more about this subject as it's really giving me a lot of jip atm.

I also just saw a comment on the a popular menopause app, from a lady with ADHD in her early 40s who is struggling more with her adhd symptons since having the mirena coil inserted. She initially noticed an improvement in her adhd when starting estrogen HRT though.

I started to notice as I hit 30 my hormonal problems were really having a big impact on my life. This is what lead me down the path to adhd diagnosis. I was reasearching PMDD and came across a website where you report all your symptoms and comorbidities, the site then puts overall results together from everyone that has completed the report and I spotted a fair amount had adhd! So off I went to do my own research.

I was wondering whether any of you lovely ND ladies particularly those with adhd or autism have noticed significant hormonal problems such as PMS or PMDD that impact daily functioning? If so have you found anything helpful? Such as Contraception, HRT or natural remedies.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arkandlovelyWoman  over a year ago

South Derbyshire

I had hellish PMS for many years, almost borderline psychotic.

Genuinely, getting divorced really helped, but I realise that's not for everyone.

"I had hellish PMS for many years, almost borderline psychotic.

Genuinely, getting divorced really helped, but I realise that's not for everyone."

That sounds horrendous, how long after your divorce did the symptoms improve?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, PMDD. I was diagnosed with depression but after several years, a male (yes, male!) GP suggested that I kept a symptoms diary and then it became apparent. He prescribed fluoxetine for the 5 days leading upto my period and bingo, massive improvement

Now going through menopause and on HRT with no depression or mood swings. The brain fog is a bummer though!

South Derbyshire

Genuinely, getting divorced really helped, but I realise that's not for everyone.

That sounds horrendous, how long after your divorce did the symptoms improve? "

Straight away. I thought I had some terrible menstrual curse for years but I think I was actually just extra susceptible to his headfuckery during that time of the month.

My ADHD symptoms are probably still worse around then but I don't feel like I'm going insane anymore so

"Yes, PMDD. I was diagnosed with depression but after several years, a male (yes, male!) GP suggested that I kept a symptoms diary and then it became apparent. He prescribed fluoxetine for the 5 days leading upto my period and bingo, massive improvement

Now going through menopause and on HRT with no depression or mood swings. The brain fog is a bummer though!"

Wow well done male Gp! Ha ha. It makes me wonder whether we need something long term to balance out the hormones before perimenopause. Have you tried testosterone?

Straight away. I thought I had some terrible menstrual curse for years but I think I was actually just extra susceptible to his headfuckery during that time of the month.

My ADHD symptoms are probably still worse around then but I don't feel like I'm going insane anymore so "

It was almost as if your PMS was environmental, which I find interesting, never heard that before.

It's a pain that ADHD symptoms get worse around that time, it's the last thing we need!

South Derbyshire

My ADHD symptoms are probably still worse around then but I don't feel like I'm going insane anymore so

It was almost as if your PMS was environmental, which I find interesting, never heard that before.

It's a pain that ADHD symptoms get worse around that time, it's the last thing we need!"

Maca root is good for hormonal regulation. Definitely worth a try.

By *ellyWhoCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere North of Watford Gap

My autism presentation definitely gets more extreme when I'm pre-menstrual. For years I thought I was just a big wuss, but since trading on on one of our earlier ND threads I've done A LOT of research and it seems I'm not a big wuss at all! I'm creeping into perimenopause territory now and enjoying the delights of increased sensitivity to noise, illness feeling more extreme, brain fog, going mute under stress etc. I feel more autistic than ever.

Nell

"My autism presentation definitely gets more extreme when I'm pre-menstrual. For years I thought I was just a big wuss, but since trading on on one of our earlier ND threads I've done A LOT of research and it seems I'm not a big wuss at all! I'm creeping into perimenopause territory now and enjoying the delights of increased sensitivity to noise, illness feeling more extreme, brain fog, going mute under stress etc. I feel more autistic than ever.

Nell"

Aww lovely that sounds like a nightmare, have you found anything that helps at all?

It's a pain that ADHD symptoms get worse around that time, it's the last thing we need!

Maca root is good for hormonal regulation. Definitely worth a try."

I'll have a look at that thanks.

By *ellyWhoCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere North of Watford Gap

"My autism presentation definitely gets more extreme when I'm pre-menstrual. For years I thought I was just a big wuss, but since trading on on one of our earlier ND threads I've done A LOT of research and it seems I'm not a big wuss at all! I'm creeping into perimenopause territory now and enjoying the delights of increased sensitivity to noise, illness feeling more extreme, brain fog, going mute under stress etc. I feel more autistic than ever.

Nell

Aww lovely that sounds like a nightmare, have you found anything that helps at all?

"

Eating properly has a huge effect, more so than antidepressants. No sugar or processed white carbs, healthy fats, plenty of fruit and veg, no ultra processed rubbish....sticking to it is tough though because I'm a carb fiend!

Nell

Eating properly has a huge effect, more so than antidepressants. No sugar or processed white carbs, healthy fats, plenty of fruit and veg, no ultra processed rubbish....sticking to it is tough though because I'm a carb fiend! "

Makes sense, I'm glad it's working for you. Think that would be a mammoth task for me at the moment with my rubbish executive functioning. I'm sure the impulsiveness has a mind of it's own and unfortunately grazing is it's friend.

» Add a new message to this topic