FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meet didn't turn up

Meet didn't turn up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not another rant don't worry

I noticed that when reporting a profile via an email they've sent you get a few options...spam,fake,abusive ect

But when reporting them _iew their profile you get 'arranged meet, did not show' and 'hooker' and a few more

If we've had no shows we tend to just block them, i was wondering if anyone uses the report button or if anyone knows the outcome i.e 3 reports of no shows they are banned or similar?

It may be worth us using the button in future if it's helpful but if not we know to stick to blocking

BTW i've used the search tool to find similar threads on here but can't seem to locate any so if it's already been discussed i apologies

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We block our no shows , thought of reporting them but didn't

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Why would you not report? The feature is there to help the site deal with alleged time wasters and make this site a better experience for all.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I only just found the feature a few hours ago

I was asking if it was worth using it or if the mods simply read it and that was that, no point in taking up their time with reports if blocking them has the same effect.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would imagine if they receive multiple reports about the same person/people and there is substance in the report (always 2 sides), they would remove from the site.

"I would imagine if they receive multiple reports about the same person/people and there is substance in the report (always 2 sides), they would remove from the site.

"

And then the person rejoins under a different name. It is not iin the sites interest to ban people from the site and consequently they don't.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I would imagine if they receive multiple reports about the same person/people and there is substance in the report (always 2 sides), they would remove from the site.

And then the person rejoins under a different name. It is not iin the sites interest to ban people from the site and consequently they don't."

Yes they do.

And yes, some rejoin. It may minimise the problem, not eradicate it.

But better to try, than not.

We chatted to a guy on here over the weekend , arranged to meet for a coffee /social meet for this afternoon......just checked our messages ..... And find he, s no longer a site member , why bother joining if gonna arrange a meet then leave ?? Suppose it saves us the need to block or report for a no show etc , at least we realised now and so didn't actually waste any of our time apart from the messages .

ho hum , his loss lol

"Why would you not report? The feature is there to help the site deal with alleged time wasters and make this site a better experience for all.

"

We have never had a problem but we must be in the minority. Always use the phone to arrange!

Thanks for this, Ive never had a no show, so haven't delved into the post experience block/report options and never knew there was a difference

I think I would have just blocked them, however if it happens I will look at the other options available.

I do not for a second think admin will ban someone for a few no shows, this is first and foremost a business, site supporters pay for it, they wouldnt ban someone just for some private disagreements.

"I would imagine if they receive multiple reports about the same person/people and there is substance in the report (always 2 sides), they would remove from the site."

helps Admin build up a picture about a particular profile

» Add a new message to this topic