FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > profile is shite

profile is shite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i think my profile mite not be what most woman want to see will someone take a look plz i cant cjange what is wrong if i dont no the problem thanx every1

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i feel some spelling messages coming up

Perhaps a full stop or two?

I got as far as 'thou', on the first line.

I can not be bothered to try and work out what the rest says.

batteries, tired,

sorry OP Im resolved to keep my forum posts short.

A little erm tlc on your profile might help your case.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

There are no rights and wrongs to a profile as everyone has their own preferences.

If I had yours though. I would lose that status as I can imagine women rolling their eyes at it. I would also convert all the text speak into proper words and run a spell checker over it.

Adding pictures will also let people see who they are replying to.

Good luck.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Try this as a start (I've not changed any of your content, just spelling, grammar and got rid of txt spk). Maybe pad it out a bit, but always run through spell checker

25 and ready for anything. No bum fun though. Just to be clear I can't accomodate as I've just split with the ex and I left her the house.

I don't drive but can travel, been most places in the country so can find my way anywhere - honestly I am like a sat nav lol.

I'm just a glass half full man, I love to make people smile, I was born ready and like to play hard. Girls I love you all, no-one is ugly

"Try this as a start (I've not changed any of your content, just spelling, grammar and got rid of txt spk). Maybe pad it out a bit, but always run through spell checker

25 and ready for anything. No bum fun though. Just to be clear I can't accomodate as I've just split with the ex and I left her the house.

I don't drive but can travel, been most places in the country so can find my way anywhere - honestly I am like a sat nav lol.

I'm just a glass half full man, I love to make people smile, I was born ready and like to play hard. Girls I love you all, no-one is ugly "

love the status update actually lol!

OP use spell checker for a start

It's quite hard to read, quite a few spelling mistakes and no commas or full stops, put some pics up too

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I told you in a post yesterday your profile was practically unreadable as did a few others and its still the same, but your verification is legendary, just gave me a good laugh. Not sure how by meeting you at a hotel for a no show meet the other lad got the impression you could fuck all night but he sounds like he wants a bit of you lol .

Anyway in all seriousness sort it out the example done for you above is a billion times better than what you have, get some pics on and good luck x

yes will do thanx every1 it just seams wierd that people make a decision on you based on spelling if i woz a girl on these sites i would be moore intrested if the person i woz chatting to woz a wierdo not a dislexic but if i cudnt understand what some1 has writen to me i wouldnt repliy thanx again ever1 am on me way to get on a spelling course i think lol

haha i thort my statis woz ok took me ages to come up with that rhyme lol thanx ill change it

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

just o dear!, thats all i can say.

"but your verification is legendary, just gave me a good laugh. Not sure how by meeting you at a hotel for a no show meet the other lad got the impression you could fuck all night but he sounds like he wants a bit of you lol . "

hahaha great spot he also needs a dictionary!

Kent

"yes will do thanx every1 it just seams wierd that people make a decision on you based on spelling if i woz a girl on these sites i would be moore intrested if the person i woz chatting to woz a wierdo not a dislexic but if i cudnt understand what some1 has writen to me i wouldnt repliy thanx again ever1 am on me way to get on a spelling course i think lol "

Autocorrect or spell check will sort most of it out. But it's text speak that puts a lot of people off, things like ever1 isn't a spelling mistake it's done on purpose, you need to remember that people get a lot of messages and first impressions count. If someone sees a profile that's responsibly well written, few pics to look at and they've sent a decent message they are going to choose that over a badly written profile with no photos. X

"haha i thort my statis woz ok took me ages to come up with that rhyme lol thanx ill change it"

Was talking to _londecaz mate!

In Your Bush

Thanx and woz is nothing to do with dyslexia.

In fact woz instead of was actually takes longer as autocorrect doesn't like it

Kent

"but your verification is legendary, just gave me a good laugh. Not sure how by meeting you at a hotel for a no show meet the other lad got the impression you could fuck all night but he sounds like he wants a bit of you lol .

"

Having looked at the other chaps profile I'm even more suspicious, did you organise the lady to meet or did he? I'm thinking it was his plot to get you alone. Straight guy who wants to meet MM couples??

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"yes will do thanx every1 it just seams wierd that people make a decision on you based on spelling if i woz a girl on these sites i would be moore intrested if the person i woz chatting to woz a wierdo not a dislexic but if i cudnt understand what some1 has writen to me i wouldnt repliy thanx again ever1 am on me way to get on a spelling course i think lol "

sorry but you are competeting with so many other single guys everything matters. okay yes if hes a weirdo is most important.. but there are so many single guys on here there has to be a way of reducing possibles.. and typing like you have is an instant no thanks next profile.. honestly certainly to some it makes you sound like jack the lad twit.. now you probably arent but thats how it makes ypu appear and the status sort of goes hand in glove with that impression. some will like it im sure but alot wont. some actually quite a few use a little text speak here and there but you have gone to the extreme and the spelling mistake happens to everyone but not to the extreme.

Anyway you have to male yourself stand out and your profile doesn't. if your profile appeals then people will be keen to make sure you are not a weirdo..lol

happy swinging

people dong get it my name is danny power so next time u reed it there is an actual link between me and the rhym its not just me with a big ego lol

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

your profile (other than the spelling) seems great to me as you seem like a guy with a sense of humour which goes along way in my books. Not the best speller in the world myself so spelling errors dont tend to put me off too much but I would probably copy what Caz (i think) kindly wrote out for you above. Wish you all the best

"but your verification is legendary, just gave me a good laugh. Not sure how by meeting you at a hotel for a no show meet the other lad got the impression you could fuck all night but he sounds like he wants a bit of you lol .

Having looked at the other chaps profile I'm even more suspicious, did you organise the lady to meet or did he? I'm thinking it was his plot to get you alone. Straight guy who wants to meet MM couples?? "

ha look again he likes mf couples now too hmmm plot thickens

"people dong get it my name is danny power so next time u reed it there is an actual link between me and the rhym its not just me with a big ego lol"

Mate seriously reread what you write BEFORE pressing enter, I'm dyslexic too just a case of checking what you write BEFORE sending

Alright mate

In addition to the text speak that everyone has highlighted. Your verification is probably not doing you any real favours.

You are listed as straight, but the guy who verified you says he might give you a little suck himself. If this is a joke or not, it may put women off who are not looking for bi guys, they are out there remember. Being straight myself, its not something I'd have listed on my profile to be honest.

Good luck with it all mate

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"people dong get it my name is danny power so next time u reed it there is an actual link between me and the rhym its not just me with a big ego lol"

yeah but at best first visit to a profile is a scan ... if in that scan it comes across you have a big ego or appear to take no care in what you type your profile will get skipped to go onto next one. women on here are inundated and do not have time to ignore all that to see.. most it will be no move on so you could be missing out..you have to think twice and think again before typing un your profile or status if you really want to attract women. thats all..

Thanks _londecaz, I did wonder what it was supposed to say, I didnt get as far as the veri mind

had a quick look, no pics and loads of mumbo jumbo text speak put me straight off.

"Thanks _londecaz, I did wonder what it was supposed to say, I didnt get as far as the veri mind "

Took a couple of reads to decipher it; I did snort a little vimto down my nose at the veri for a "straight" guy from a "straight" guy who wants to meet MM couples

Sorry mate but you need a fundamental re-write of your profile..... and... a 'love machine' is something you buy from an adult online sex store!!! Most people here are looking for flesh and blood.

Also... my old chesnut - single male who can't accommodate. WHY????????? If you're still at home, then say so. If you house/flat share, say so. Get the idea?

And you don't want to meet single guys. but do want to meet all male couples??? Hmmmm...... Hope Jodie from Inverness doesn't see this......

Please read the advice that people have been kind enough to offer and take it on board... You'll get a lot less frustrated if you do...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

text speech... rightly or wrongly, always makes me shudder... sorry it does!!

spelling isn't an issue as long as people have made an effort, I probably make more than most, but if you don't even try its a non starter......

That, my friend is possibly the best veri I have read. Ever!

"Try this as a start (I've not changed any of your content, just spelling, grammar and got rid of txt spk). Maybe pad it out a bit, but always run through spell checker

I'm just a glass half full man, I love to make people smile, I was born ready and like to play hard. Girls I love you all, no-one is ugly "

Thank you for the translation!!!

Sorry gave up reading after looking your status and judging by other comments i would rehall your WHOLE profile.

grammar,spelling, punctuation... ok I know this isn't an English exam but some standard is expected

good luck

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm also intrigued as to why you list yourself as straight, don't want to meet single guys, have a veri from a single guy (his only veri in over a year), who says he is straight but might suck you, and you don't have a veri for him.

Plus the spelling/grammar/txt speak/photo advice etc.

im still laughing at the guy who verified him...all his freinds are male??

And breathe!

Type out what you want to say in MS word first, run a spell check, it won't pick up every mistake, but it'll make it understandable. You're dyslexic yes, but you can use a computer, so use one. Reading your profile is a chore and I got bored after 5 seconds of trying to read it. If you have dyslexia it's for you to come up with ways around it, you're competing with thousands of men.

By *emon DodgerMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

Speak English that might help little. Profile just about understood what your saying lol

In Your Bush

Beats me why people ask for advice. A good percentage never change anything. Maybe it's not the advice they expect

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I dont know where to start, from the almost unreadable profile and status updates, to the lack of a picture you can see to the very very very odd verification where a straight man is talking about sucking you off its all just wow.

Its like a test case for now not to have a profile.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Its like a test case for now not to have a profile."

I'm wondering if its a mystery shopper myself.

"im still laughing at the guy who verified him...all his freinds are male?? "

we with you on this 1 just had a wee look at the other fellas profile

"i think my profile mite not be what most woman want to see will someone take a look plz i cant cjange what is wrong if i dont no the problem thanx every1"

WOW !

the anti-profile is born

I tell you what it really pisses me off when people just use dyslexia as an excuse for being a fucking half wit.

I have quite severe dyslexia, got a free computer and all sorts of other shit whilst at uni if I needed it. But guess what I worked hard made an effort and now my punction spelling and grammar are all of an understandable level.

I sometimes struggle with my reading speed and skipping lines, all due to dyslexia. However I never come across like I should be on jeremy kyle like half the people on here claiming to suffer with dyslexia. Grrrrrrrr! Just try harder.

Xxx

"I'm also intrigued as to why you list yourself as straight, don't want to meet single guys, have a veri from a single guy (his only veri in over a year), who says he is straight but might suck you, and you don't have a veri for him.

Plus the spelling/grammar/txt speak/photo advice etc. "

By *heekygeordieguyMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Tend to think this thread may be a wind up.lol.

Kent

7 hours later and no changes.

Why bother asking?? Really??

"Tend to think this thread may be a wind up.lol. "

You might be right...beats me why folk ask for advice and then seem to take non of it on board...c'est la vie, will wait for the "why does no one answer my messages thread" from the OP

"Tend to think this thread may be a wind up.lol.

You might be right...beats me why folk ask for advice and then seem to take non of it on board...c'est la vie, will wait for the "why does no one answer my messages thread" from the OP "

Or should I say "Y duz no1 ansa mi messijs"

"I tell you what it really pisses me off when people just use dyslexia as an excuse for being a fucking half wit.

I have quite severe dyslexia, got a free computer and all sorts of other shit whilst at uni if I needed it. But guess what I worked hard made an effort and now my punction spelling and grammar are all of an understandable level.

I sometimes struggle with my reading speed and skipping lines, all due to dyslexia. However I never come across like I should be on jeremy kyle like half the people on here claiming to suffer with dyslexia. Grrrrrrrr! Just try harder.

Xxx"

With you on this one! simply taking your time and rereading best ways I've come up with!

I'm afraid a few phrases you have on your profile would make us question your maturity, which for 25 does not come accross to us as "fun" as someone else said....

There are many responses to this original post, advising spell checker as an option. It only goes part of the way.

My wife and I have many messages daily and the pitfalls we recognise regularly relate to words inappropriately inserted. So words like make vs male, trough instead of though and of course the inappropriate use of to, over too or two.

The text speak ones just get deleted. Sry gyz.

Having said that, an awful lot of people - I'd say around 80% - are articulate and respectful. As well as having some very fit bits of course.

Joe x

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Omg the op original post awful, the profile awful.

To the op, I would say have a think and undertake a full rewrite.

That is coming from someone who's profile isn't that brilliant

"Thanx and woz is nothing to do with dyslexia.

In fact woz instead of was actually takes longer as autocorrect doesn't like it "

I "woz" gonna say that too but you beat me to it!

"Omg the op original post awful, the profile awful.

To the op, I would say have a think and undertake a full rewrite.

That is coming from someone who's profile isn't that brilliant "

Don't do yourself down, Mike. Yours ain't bad at all...

harrow

Blush thanks....

The last line is cracking " girls I love you all - no one is ugly".

Sweetheart that sounds just too desperate and like you'll say yes to anyone and everyone.

So you asked for opinions on your profile, are you thinking of making any changes ?

In Your Bush

Well done OP good to see you took everyone's advice. Only one little thing - you left a rogue 'waz' in there

Wow much much better today.

I guess he is taking each piece of advice and applying it little by little daily?

I'll watch this space then.

Ok thats a lie, I will forget

"Well done OP good to see you took everyone's advice. Only one little thing - you left a rogue 'waz' in there"

Still doesn't say why he can't accom.....

harrow

I can't accommodate...I live with parents

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Is it just me or does anyone else think that if someone can't manage to do a profile for themselves then don't bother!

Everyone suggests things so they amend it, even word for word from forum posters suggestions, but all the tweaking in the world isn't going to alter the fact that the person/persons are not capable of selling themselves or writing a true for them profile.

I'd much prefer to see one written by the person in the way they think is alright, I can decide from that if I am interested.

all done just need a few moore piks. and to the neg heads who repliyd. i dont have spell checker on my fone if you look i have just split with my girlfriend and left her the house thats y i can't accom and wots wrong with asking for help. thanx to ever1 else tho got some realy good feed back ta

Accommodates. Has holes dug all over Lincolnshire for the right ladies

In Your Bush

Good luck buddy

I don't think making a profile grammatically correct makes a difference. Obviously if its past the point of understanding it then a few things could be altered slightly.

People don't spell check each other during a face to face conversation do they?

ta mukka

Kent

"I don't think making a profile grammatically correct makes a difference. Obviously if its past the point of understanding it then a few things could be altered slightly.

People don't spell check each other during a face to face conversation do they?"

No you don't but then your first impression is made in other ways, by how they act, dress, if they look clean etc. your profile is your first impression on here and while they don't need to be grammatically perfect it should have a reasonable amount of effort put in to make it at least legible x

I was thinking of updated my profile to attract more interest. I know I only appeal to a small minority because of my attached status, but I want to be up front with swingers. any tips to achieve this would be much appreciated. or any constructive criticism accepted too lol. thanks in advance xxx James

"I don't think making a profile grammatically correct makes a difference. Obviously if its past the point of understanding it then a few things could be altered slightly.

People don't spell check each other during a face to face conversation do they?

No you don't but then your first impression is made in other ways, by how they act, dress, if they look clean etc. your profile is your first impression on here and while they don't need to be grammatically perfect it should have a reasonable amount of effort put in to make it at least legible x "

True. I don't have that problem but i've seen others that aren't exactly great with grammar or the English language in general still manage success so there is hope for everyone.

» Add a new message to this topic