FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Monthly cycle help

Monthly cycle help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a little advice needed due to the pill ruining a few play dates in the past month or so.

I have decided that I need to look at changing my contraception to a form that allows me to play all month.

I have previously been on the injection, however would prefer not to go back on this due to me wanting a family in time.

I have carried pill packets through, however have found it has caused chronic stomach pains

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as have a party in a few weeks time that falls at the wrong time

Thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I dont know about contraception to stop periods, you could try your GP or staff at GU.

Have you considered beppe sponges/tampons?

It's what I use now and with 1 exception, no one has realised.

It does depend on your activity though.

Never considered them but I am worried it would put people off

there isnt a pill that stops your monthly and if you wanting to start a family at some stage, messing with pills and stopping monthlys will for sure mess that up as its not mother nature to stop your monthly, you should worrie if your wanting a family and you dont get your monthlys and think was the play and taking tabs all worth it........i would say no, playmates come and go and a week out of 3 isnt bad..somehting to think about.

" there isnt a pill that stops your monthly and if you wanting to start a family at some stage, messing with pills and stopping monthlys will for sure mess that up as its not mother nature to stop your monthly, you should worrie if your wanting a family and you dont get your monthlys and think was the play and taking tabs all worth it........i would say no, playmates come and go and a week out of 3 isnt bad..somehting to think about."

I'm only young(well I think I am) and don't intend on having a family for a good couple of years. I get that I am messing with Mother Nature, however I am really looking forward to the party and want to play

what about taking the pill without the break in between, that stops period for temp measure so you can go to the party

from what i cna remember when i was on the pill you could take 2 months running then have a monthly and god did i know when that happend and it did mess me up being on the pill and had fertility problems for a while, not heard of anything that you can take to not have your monthly,goodgle it and see what goes..

" from what i cna remember when i was on the pill you could take 2 months running then have a monthly and god did i know when that happend and it did mess me up being on the pill and had fertility problems for a while, not heard of anything that you can take to not have your monthly,goodgle it and see what goes.."

Thanks I ran mine through a few months back and was in agony so don't really fancy doing it again

"what about taking the pill without the break in between, that stops period for temp measure so you can go to the party"

Did that a few months back and was in agony so trying to avoid it x

might be your only option if not wanting injection

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I know a few people that are on a pill where you take it every day and they have very little/no period. Mini pill is it?

I'm on the depo but not wanting any more kids it doesn't bother me but I've not had a period in nearly 2 years. X

Google is your friend im sure some thing will crop up if no members can help

"I dont know about contraception to stop periods, you could try your GP or staff at GU.

It does depend on your activity though. "

Ooooh I've just ordered some Beppy due to be delivered tomorrow! Can you tell me what happened in the exception you had? I like to be prepared but I'm nervous about using them!

R xx

norethistone is good from GP delays period

"I know a few people that are on a pill where you take it every day and they have very little/no period. Mini pill is it?

I'm on the depo but not wanting any more kids it doesn't bother me but I've not had a period in nearly 2 years. X "

I came off the depo when I was with my ex partner as we wanted children...took two years until I had a period. Bit of luck for me though as he had got someone else pregnant by then x

"I know a few people that are on a pill where you take it every day and they have very little/no period. Mini pill is it?

I'm on the depo but not wanting any more kids it doesn't bother me but I've not had a period in nearly 2 years. X "

My daughters on the same and she said its the best thing ever

I'm on the depo but not wanting any more kids it doesn't bother me but I've not had a period in nearly 2 years. X

My daughters on the same and she said its the best thing ever "

The mini pill or depo? X

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I came off the depo when I was with my ex partner as we wanted children...took two years until I had a period. Bit of luck for me though as he had got someone else pregnant by then x"

Yes my cousin took a long time to fall, but the nurse did tell me the longer you are on it the longer it takes to leave your system, she had been on it for years x

I came off the depo when I was with my ex partner as we wanted children...took two years until I had a period. Bit of luck for me though as he had got someone else pregnant by then x

Yes my cousin took a long time to fall, but the nurse did tell me the longer you are on it the longer it takes to leave your system, she had been on it for years x "

I was on it five years as was bleeding during the pill cycle x

"norethistone is good from GP delays period"

have used these, take 3 days before period due and take for up to 7 days once stopped period started 2 days later. heavier then normal though x

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

The mini pill is the same hormones as the mirena coil and the implant. So it's a good way to road test the mix and see if it agrees with you.

It didn't agree with me!

The beppy sponge tampons are great, just try to get the wet ones - I have a pelvic tilt that can make them tricky to get hold of and the wet ones have a loop.

If all else fails take the shower head off the hose and use the hose to soak the sponge - the weight will make it drop so you can get it.

And some balance activ or rephresh (both available from larger boots) help maintain internal health if using sponge tampons.

I'm on a mini pill, cerazette, take it every day, no break and never bleed, best thing since sliced bread!

"norethistone is good from GP delays period

have used these, take 3 days before period due and take for up to 7 days once stopped period started 2 days later. heavier then normal though x"

Can you just ask for them? X

"I'm on a mini pill, cerazette, take it every day, no break and never bleed, best thing since sliced bread! "

Thanks for the advice, think will book to see gp and see if I can change x

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Yes, norethisterone is what you get from the GP when you have a really good reason for delaying your period. It works.

Jane x

"Yes, norethisterone is what you get from the GP when you have a really good reason for delaying your period. It works.

Jane x"

They won't take a swingers party as a good reason then

have used these, take 3 days before period due and take for up to 7 days once stopped period started 2 days later. heavier then normal though x

Can you just ask for them? X"

ask your doctor, normally in packs of 30 they will ask why. i didnt mention we were arranging a gangbang, told her my period clashed with an importment social event. you can also buy online and collect from a lloyds pharmacy at a cost of £15.

i think as party isnt so far ahead youre gonna have to run through with the pill and suffer the belly ache after - depends how much the party means to you

"I dont know about contraception to stop periods, you could try your GP or staff at GU.

It does depend on your activity though. "

The sponges are great you dont need to take drugs and they are soft and right out the way, very amusing to watch you try to retrive it later

The sponges are great you dont need to take drugs and they are soft and right out the way, very amusing to watch you try to retrive it later "

Don't think I would have the confidence to use these without experimenting with a regular partner first... Be worried I couldn't retrieve it x

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I'm on a mini pill, cerazette, take it every day, no break and never bleed, best thing since sliced bread! "

Me too - 6 years I've been on it and not had a period in all that time. Prior to that I was on the combined pill and ran it through without a break for years with no side effects and that was on the instruction of my gynocologist who said it did no harm at all !!

"I'm on a mini pill, cerazette, take it every day, no break and never bleed, best thing since sliced bread!

Me too - 6 years I've been on it and not had a period in all that time. Prior to that I was on the combined pill and ran it through without a break for years with no side effects and that was on the instruction of my gynocologist who said it did no harm at all !!"

I started the pill at 11 due to heavy painful periods but went on the depo at 18. Really liked that I didn't bleed in the five years I was on it but has taken until this year to have a period again x think I might see if I can go on the mini pill

Mirina coil or Merina (google it, I had mine a few years back) It's not instantaneous, but after a few months, your periods stop! and it lasts either 5 or 10 years. Highly recommended by moi x

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

You may find if u consult your dr they will say not to take the break from your pill.

"You may find if u consult your dr they will say not to take the break from your pill. "

I got asked why I wanted my prescription two weeks early, explained I had taken two packets through to be told I shouldn't have

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Mirina coil or Merina (google it, I had mine a few years back) It's not instantaneous, but after a few months, your periods stop! and it lasts either 5 or 10 years. Highly recommended by moi x "

It's not recommended for anyone who hasn't had children though. It's very difficult and painful to fit if you haven't!!

"Mirina coil or Merina (google it, I had mine a few years back) It's not instantaneous, but after a few months, your periods stop! and it lasts either 5 or 10 years. Highly recommended by moi x

It's not recommended for anyone who hasn't had children though. It's very difficult and painful to fit if you haven't!!"

Guess that counts that one out, but thanks for the advice x

I've not had kids, didn't have any problems with the Mirena.

I had previously (many years ago) tried the mini pill but didn't get on with it. Although the Mirena is the same hormone, it's a lower dose and delivered right where it's needed so less in your bloodstream. Haven't had any noticable problems. However it does take a good few months to settle down - in my case I now bleed extremely lightly (not enough to use a tampon) for just 1 day per month.

The sponges are great you dont need to take drugs and they are soft and right out the way, very amusing to watch you try to retrive it later

Don't think I would have the confidence to use these without experimenting with a regular partner first... Be worried I couldn't retrieve it x"

You can always practice.....can you touch your cervix hehehe

Don't think I would have the confidence to use these without experimenting with a regular partner first... Be worried I couldn't retrieve it x

You can always practice.....can you touch your cervix hehehe

"

Never tried

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Try apple cider vinegar tablets they are supposed to work. I have a coil so mine are now very light to non existent but look that up.

there is a type of coil that u could have fitted, its called intrauterine system (IUS) for short, good for people with heavy periods 2 slow down or even stop them, i had fitted 3 years ago cause only option i liked as doc said been on pill 2 long, best thing ever, only little show after had it fitted and nothing for the last 2 years,easy 2 have removed as well,

Can you just ask for them? X

ask your doctor, normally in packs of 30 they will ask why. i didnt mention we were arranging a gangbang, told her my period clashed with an importment social event. you can also buy online and collect from a lloyds pharmacy at a cost of £15."

I have also used these,told the Doc i was on holiday for a couple of weeks and she gave me them with no other questions asked. Only use a few leading up to the event. x

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Isn't it bliss....I was on it for 10 years and no periods....had a break of a number of years and just gone back on...No PMT, no periods...Living the dream!"!

" from what i cna remember when i was on the pill you could take 2 months running then have a monthly and god did i know when that happend and it did mess me up being on the pill and had fertility problems for a while, not heard of anything that you can take to not have your monthly,goodgle it and see what goes.."

Sorry, it might not happen anymore but a few years ago i was on a pill called Cerazette-you took it every day without expection, they were all the same and i didnt have one for the 12 months or so i was on it and thats what it was meant to do-i could be wrong!

Saying that-it sent me loopy and into a spiral of breakdown lol so i wouldnt recommend it and several people i know have experienced the same thing-although everyones different and im sure many had no problem with it!

Lucy x

By *witch mix vanillaCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"Yes, norethisterone is what you get from the GP when you have a really good reason for delaying your period. It works.

Jane x

They won't take a swingers party as a good reason then "

Tell them your going on holiday!

Done it myself.

depo injection sent me loopy and into severe depression.when i was 18.i've tried to avoid hormonal stuff ever since!

I agree beppe sponges or even softcups from boots chemist are great .

By *olfcartweaselCouple  over a year ago

Melrose

When I ran 2-3 packs together the resulting period was even more hellish than usual - and usual for me is worse than early labour pains

I'm now on my second Mirena IUS and hopefully once it is finished settling I will be period-free again for 3-5 years...

Had it out in Jan 11, started trying in May 11, and conceived Oct 11 so it didn't mess me up in that sense...

HTH

» Add a new message to this topic