FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > A weird meet prank??

A weird meet prank??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elaniejay OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

London

Hi all, I've been around the scene for quite a few years but this event is a new way of timewasting to me, wondered if anyone else has heard of anything like it and what they think?

A guy from a city 100 miles out of London, has been messaging me, he wants to meet me and sends me quite a lot of complimentary messages. He never gives me his mobile though. He says he's a property developer and stays in London quite often. He suggests we can meet at one of his apartments thats fully furnished and up for sale. He sends me the estate agent link, and tells me the number of the house. I google map it and there's no house at that number. I ask him and he corrects it to the number in the estate agent photo. We come to the proposed day of the meet, I am quite suspicious by now. He says he's in London and really keen and horny and to meet him at that house at 8pm, but on the distance measure on the fab app, it says he's still 100 miles away.

I cancelled it and told him I was sick. I didn't confront him.. did I do the right thing? I'm still not sure what could motivate someone to do this and send someone to a random house... a prank? not funny though?

Melanie xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ightNWet69Woman  over a year ago

dark side of the moon

It could have been a time waster or some crazy set up or anything, you did right to trust your gut & not go to whatever address he gave you to go to. Stay vigilante & safe

By *emptation6580Couple  over a year ago

playa de ingles

If something smells off….. chances are - it is off!

Stay safe! X

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

It could have been a lot worse, if he had been real and you turned up to a strange house not knowing what was going to happen with a complete stranger.

Better a timewaster then a potential threatening scenario.

London

I know, I agree with those sentiments I normally don't go to a private house without knowing someone well first, so I was up for cancelling for the slightest smell and this was more like skunk juice xx

Tatooine

"I know, I agree with those sentiments I normally don't go to a private house without knowing someone well first, so I was up for cancelling for the slightest smell and this was more like skunk juice xx"
And your are safe, which is the best outcome.

London

Yes, I think I did the right thing then..

The other thing that makes me think I was right is since that day he hasn't asked how I am, or tried to re-arrange at all, nothing.. makes me think he's moved on to the next target!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have and enforce my own rigid rules regarding meets. I also am wary of being like a performing seal, reacting to the throwing of fish treats etc. It's pretty much my way or nowt.

I think you did right OP to not pursue the latest trip, especially as the signs and warning indicators were clear.

I'd now probably write him off to experience, as potentially requiring too heavy an investment level, based on unsuitability, potential danger and risks of abuse. It sounds like a potential power trip from him

I'd block him, without further dialogue or trying to get to the bottom of it. We humans are wired to want to understand things and that poses a risk to us, if we don't let things go,

It does sound similar to something I've heard here before but I don't recall the full details. I think you're best cutting your losses. And making some strict rules that you'll observe in future. By posting here, it's also potentially opening yourself up to others, who may consider duping you in future.

Take care

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

yep, sounds iffy. keep safe!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

If something doesn't feel right it's usually not, I think you did the right thing.

Mrs

By *aizyWoman  over a year ago

west midlands

You 100% did the right thing, that sounds incredibly dodgy to me way better to be safe than sorry.

By *otsMan  over a year ago

Higham

It's a bit like the turn up in this road when you get there I'll give you the address...

Right!!!

Dangerous very dangerous...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not getting his mobile number should have been the end of it.

With the benefit of hindsight think through what happened and the red flags you missed or rationalised away.

And as others have said, this could have been dangerous. In the end your instincts kicked in and you stopped it. Trust them earlier in future.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Sounds dodgy but.....

If you don't have current location turned on, it will always show you as online at the location/ post code you registered with

By *erilottsTV/TS  over a year ago

Chippenham

Right thing to do for sure.

I am also amazed at the time people put in to wasting your time, had one guy who i had meen messaging for a couple of weeks, he gave me his address and when i went there sure enough he was within touching distance but went off line.

1 hour later he asked if i was popping over, total waste of a morning fuel, make up.

He was probably watching me from his house

Blocked now, he is probably wasting someone elses time would love to be able to remove these people from the site

By *oshnbex30Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

Unfortunately you get some absolute weirdos what get a kick from wasting your time. If it doesn’t feel right chances are it isn’t x

By *amLaraCroftWoman  over a year ago

London

You did your due diligence…. Well done for thinking with your brain and not going with impulses

Well done for staying safe xx

"Right thing to do for sure.

I am also amazed at the time people put in to wasting your time, had one guy who i had meen messaging for a couple of weeks, he gave me his address and when i went there sure enough he was within touching distance but went off line.

1 hour later he asked if i was popping over, total waste of a morning fuel, make up.

He was probably watching me from his house

Blocked now, he is probably wasting someone elses time would love to be able to remove these people from the site "

Report time wasters with detail of what happened. If Fab aren’t removing them the site is a bit pointless really.

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

Definitely a wrong un!

Had exactly the same thing happen to me a few years go - trotted off down to a street in Merton only for all communication to go dead as I was standing under a streetlight - probably watching having a laugh!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Trust your spider senses. Incidentally though the fab distance that it shows is often very incorrect. It's not really worth using that as the only indicator of something right or wrong.

All the same it sounds as if something wasn't quite right, if you are feeling suspicious then trust your instinct.

By *teph BitchTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester

"Hi all, I've been around the scene for quite a few years but this event is a new way of timewasting to me, wondered if anyone else has heard of anything like it and what they think?

A guy from a city 100 miles out of London, has been messaging me, he wants to meet me and sends me quite a lot of complimentary messages. He never gives me his mobile though. He says he's a property developer and stays in London quite often. He suggests we can meet at one of his apartments thats fully furnished and up for sale. He sends me the estate agent link, and tells me the number of the house. I google map it and there's no house at that number. I ask him and he corrects it to the number in the estate agent photo. We come to the proposed day of the meet, I am quite suspicious by now. He says he's in London and really keen and horny and to meet him at that house at 8pm, but on the distance measure on the fab app, it says he's still 100 miles away.

I cancelled it and told him I was sick. I didn't confront him.. did I do the right thing? I'm still not sure what could motivate someone to do this and send someone to a random house... a prank? not funny though?

Melanie xxx"

I feel your pain. I had been chatting to a guy for hours and arranged meet at his chosen location only for him not to turn up. Made 2nd attempt and then got excuses of family issue and now I've blocked him. I wanted to meet to connect too but all too often it can be time wasters or fantasists or combination of both. I treat people how I would hope they would treat me.

Tatooine

"Definitely a wrong un!

Had exactly the same thing happen to me a few years go - trotted off down to a street in Merton only for all communication to go dead as I was standing under a streetlight - probably watching having a laugh!"

Luckey you where not meeting a ninja, standing under a street light wouldn't give you much protection.

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman  over a year ago

Telford

You did the right thing , I always trust my gut.

I have no idea about their motivation though.

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

In the early days we got chatting with a couple. She was often in London and we could see that from the distance on her own single profile. Time and time again he claimed she was in London when we tried to meet. On the only occasion she was 'in the area' we could see she was again 100's of miles away !. Turned out she was helping him meet couples alone and never met with him. To add another twist she tried to 'recruit' Cherry to help run one of her sex clubs down south !?.... On a side note beware the 'mobile' distance, it only updates when the user is logged in and location enabled. Even then it could take a while.

If you do go make sure you have a knuckle duster in each pocket ??

Before sat nav adresses sometimes given out which looked fine ,but ended up as a closed office ,shop ,whatever, made me assume someone was watching from a car or flat window ,gave up those kind of meets early on.,lm glad you used your common sense and you wer'nt in danger.

» Add a new message to this topic