Just updated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Updated my profile.... Would be interested to know how it comes across :-/

I appreciate your time and very thankful for your feedback

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

You ask people to tell you who their favourite cartoon charachter is and why yet you offer no explanation as to why yours is bugs bunny.......how can you expect people to do something you don't

That right there would make me think you are just in it for your own gratification and I wouldbt message you

Humm, that's a good point! Don't know how but obviously not said why I liked bugs bunny...

Will go and amend cheers for the feed back!

Ps.... I like/liked his cool character, the way he goes Eh- What's up, doc? Lol and how he would stop and talk to the audience kind of smart for a cartoon character lol x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

...not smarter than the average bear though surely?

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 19/01/13 10:22:34]

East Yorkshire

I'd drop the legal disclaimer at the bottom - it means bollocks anyway!!!

"I'd drop the legal disclaimer at the bottom - it means bollocks anyway!!!"

....would that really put you off being interested in meeting someone?

It never bothered me... But was thinking of getting rid of it anyways, so thanks for pointing it out

East Yorkshire

"I'd drop the legal disclaimer at the bottom - it means bollocks anyway!!!

....would that really put you off being interested in meeting someone? "

Unlikely it would stop me if I'd clicked with someone unless they were actually stupid enough to believe that it was legally binding!! But the OP asked for feedback and that was mine so it don't really matter does it!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Out of your she range I know but suggesting people critique their last meet would put me off, why would you be interested in how they would improve on a meet with someone else? Apart from that I think it's good, stands out from the others and you've obviously put some thought into it.

Hong Kong Phooey.

"Out of your she range I know but suggesting people critique their last meet would put me off, why would you be interested in how they would improve on a meet with someone else? Apart from that I think it's good, stands out from the others and you've obviously put some thought into it."

Humm, good point! Your right not a good starter, making someone think about a bad experiance :-/ thanks!! Need to get that sorted ....

Ps not an ageist like your profile n photos! X

"I'd drop the legal disclaimer at the bottom - it means bollocks anyway!!!

....would that really put you off being interested in meeting someone?

Unlikely it would stop me if I'd clicked with someone unless they were actually stupid enough to believe that it was legally binding!! But the OP asked for feedback and that was mine so it don't really matter does it!!!"

ok...blimey...chill.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Out of your she range I know but suggesting people critique their last meet would put me off, why would you be interested in how they would improve on a meet with someone else? Apart from that I think it's good, stands out from the others and you've obviously put some thought into it.

Humm, good point! Your right not a good starter, making someone think about a bad experiance :-/ thanks!! Need to get that sorted ....

Ps not an ageist like your profile n photos! X"

Thank you.

Their last meet might have been a really good one though

"Out of your she range I know but suggesting people critique their last meet would put me off, why would you be interested in how they would improve on a meet with someone else? Apart from that I think it's good, stands out from the others and you've obviously put some thought into it.

Thank you.

Their last meet might have been a really good one though "

True, will have to think of something there... probably more good meets then bad :-/

By *witch mix vanillaCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Why do you have to know what happened o9n a meet, that is between the two or more people that had the meet.

We for one would not tell anyone else what had happened, and think you will find that a lot of others would not either.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Thank you.

True, will have to think of something there... probably more good meets then bad :-/"

You'd hope so . Another good way of getting to know people is to do exactly as you are now....interacting on the forums, just as you have done people will look at your profile and start talking.

The fact that you are asking people to tell you about previous meets would be enough to put us off. The combination of the lack of discretion and the suspicion that you are more interested in wank fodder than actual meets.

Thank you.

True, will have to think of something there... probably more good meets then bad :-/

You'd hope so . Another good way of getting to know people is to do exactly as you are now....interacting on the forums, just as you have done people will look at your profile and start talking. "

Thanks for the advice appreciate your input.... Just did a lil tweak

"The fact that you are asking people to tell you about previous meets would be enough to put us off. The combination of the lack of discretion and the suspicion that you are more interested in wank fodder than actual meets. "

Thanks... had similar feedback, and your right does not come across well :-/ anyways, your opinion taken inboard and gave amended cheers xx

Can I just say it's a very pleasant change to post on one of these threads and for the OP to actually actively take on board people's feedback.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"The fact that you are asking people to tell you about previous meets would be enough to put us off. The combination of the lack of discretion and the suspicion that you are more interested in wank fodder than actual meets. "

^^^ this...

And do you really really think saying "don't contact me if you're a timewaster" is actually going to stop them... It's a pointless sentence.

And, ok... Scotland isn't THAT big, but having nothing more specific on your location will put a lot of people off

Didn't quite think that one through, I guess those time wasters are out there to bother so no point in asking them not to.... Thanks!

Humm I know, would love to add location more specific but have reasons not to, or I guess, I believe those are good enough reasons... May be if I move to London or Glasgow, I could change that :-/ but thanks again for pointing it out, do appreciate you feedback!

Xc

"Didn't quite think that one through, I guess those time wasters are out there to bother so no point in asking them not to.... Thanks!

Humm I know, would love to add location more specific but have reasons not to, or I guess, I believe those are good enough reasons... May be if I move to London or Glasgow, I could change that :-/ but thanks again for pointing it out, do appreciate you feedback!

Xc"

You can change the location to something more specific than "Scotland" though. We're not overly specific with ours but it gives people a good idea.

Lets see, may be could come up with something... Only problem is, currently I live in a very small area/ village so being slightly more specific would become obvious and if I say any of the cities that would be lying :-/

Whilst I applaud your going for a humourous profile (God knows there are enough feckin' boring, shouty ones oln here!), you have missed the central point about what your profile is there for entirely, in my opinion.

Your profile is your shop window (hopefully not HMV, Jessops or Blockbusters!) and it has to SELL you. Yours maybe amusing, but it's not selling you.

Stick to the basics of advertising: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action. The four things every advert MUST have if it's going to work.

Have a think about it....

ok..its still slightly boring pics.

the location thing is one of my worst pet hates...if it cant be more specific it only leads me to believe i have a timewaster wankcammer on my hands(eww...)..

and I cant stand people going into great detail about past or future meets-cant stand 1000 questions either

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Lets see, may be could come up with something... Only problem is, currently I live in a very small area/ village so being slightly more specific would become obvious and if I say any of the cities that would be lying :-/ "

Can't you say.. Not too far from... Then give one of the bigger cities?? That would at least narrow it down somewhat x

By *picer07Woman  over a year ago

CARDIFF

"...not smarter than the average bear though surely? "

Changed, and have added nearest city thanks

"Lets see, may be could come up with something... Only problem is, currently I live in a very small area/ village so being slightly more specific would become obvious and if I say any of the cities that would be lying :-/

Can't you say.. Not too far from... Then give one of the bigger cities?? That would at least narrow it down somewhat x "

Thanks for the suggestion have amended it....

"Whilst I applaud your going for a humourous profile (God knows there are enough feckin' boring, shouty ones oln here!), you have missed the central point about what your profile is there for entirely, in my opinion.

Your profile is your shop window (hopefully not HMV, Jessops or Blockbusters!) and it has to SELL you. Yours maybe amusing, but it's not selling you.

Stick to the basics of advertising: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action. The four things every advert MUST have if it's going to work.

Have a think about it....

"

Good points.... Have tried to do some selling :-/ don't want to be one of those pushy salesmen who no one likes :-/ will think it over and try to tweak xx cheers!

"ok..its still slightly boring pics.

the location thing is one of my worst pet hates...if it cant be more specific it only leads me to believe i have a timewaster wankcammer on my hands(eww...)..

and I cant stand people going into great detail about past or future meets-cant stand 1000 questions either"

Thanks for your time and interest... Really do appreciate your help.

Have sorted the location bit, I think. Not sure, if I can do much about the boring photos :-/ prolly could do with feed back on those as well and some tips.

» Add a new message to this topic