FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fuerteventura naturist beach incident

Fuerteventura naturist beach incident

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igharry OP   Man 47 weeks ago

Manchester

Hi everyone,

Just returned from a week in fuerteventura that was spent exclusively getting naked on the beaches with my fiance. Was an incredible experience which i highly recommend for any nudists!

However there was an incident on our last day which id like to share and get everyones thoughts and feelings on.

We were sunbathing nude on a beach in el cotillo which had an even mix of naturists and textile. After a while we decided to take a nude walk along the coast and after reaching the end of our walk we stopped for a moment to appreciate the view and dip our feet into the water.

As my fiance was bent over dipping her hands into the water i turned around and noticed a fully clothed short man in his 40s/50s walk across the shore from behind us with his phone in hand recording a video. The man stopped when he reached an angle from where he could see our fronts and then turned around, slowly turning his camera to pan across where we were stood and then he waved at someone further down the beach. I looked down the beach to see who he waved at but there was no one there. I then stared at him at which point he turned back around, again slowly panning the camera across where we were, and then he walked further up the coast. After around 20 metres or so along the coast he then turned around again and this time stopped at what looked like an angle pointing directly at us.

At this point i said to my fiance “what is he doing?” And she replied that she thinks hes just “a dad filming a dad video of the coast”. She clearly didnt want me to chase after the man, and i didnt want to run nude across the beach, so i left it and we walked back to our sunbathing spot. but im completely convinced that man wasnt recording a video of the coast. I think he was recording a video starring us as we were both nude.

We dont have much experience of public naturism but iv always assumed that cameras should be kept away on naturist friendly beaches and if used, the person should ensure no nudists are in view.

Am i right in thinking this was innapropriate? Or was it our fault because we decided to leave the privacy of a stone circle and be nude in plain view?

And what would be the appropriate way to deal with a situation like this? Should i have approached and demanded he deleted the video?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Harry

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellhungvweMan 47 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I don’t know the beach and I don’t know what the local laws are with respect to filming.

Personally I don’t like people with cameras on the beach but I dislike stopping people taking photos in public when the law allows them to even more.

In my view if people are allowed to take pictures on the beach and you don’t like your picture being taken when you are naked in public then don’t be naked in public.

By *icecouple561Couple 47 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's disrespectful in my opinion but apparently not illegal. We've often seen men photographing or filming when we've been on naturist beaches, I pull my towel over myself and glare at them.

By *attPaulaCouple 47 weeks ago

Blackpool

Highly doubtful that this is illegal. Bad taste, yes. Not polite? Yes.

Very unlikely that there are laws specific to filming naturists either.

In a public space, filming is generally allowed. This would also mean you have no right/authority to either view what's on his phone or similarly ask that material is deleted.

By *lexeatonMan 47 weeks ago

Cannock Chase Area

Yes, unfortuantly I don't think there would be much you could do as he's not done anything illegal even though it might feel he has.

I remember once on a naturist beach in Mallorca and I watched this guy in his 70s/80s create like a ditch in the sand and he placed his bags around the edge and from behind he was sneakily taking photos. I could see that he was trying to take a lady in front so I purposely got up and stood for ages in his line of sight - all he got was me in my full birthday suit instead. He wasn't too happy but knew I'd twigged what he was doing!

My point is I think it happens lots on naturist beaches, many sad little men use it as an opportunity to take some snaps. In your case he was just a bit more blatent with it!

Manchester

Thanks for info everyone! So what would you advice to do in a situation like this? Will approaching only lead to more stress or would it be better for the community as it may stop these perverts from doing it to someone else?

And its such a shame this loophole exists. There really should be a law or something done about this. I feel violated as i know theres a pervy old man (probably a sex offender) masturbating over a video of me and my fiance which he doesnt have our permission to own. Absolutely disgusting.

By *icecouple561Couple 47 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thanks for info everyone! So what would you advice to do in a situation like this? Will approaching only lead to more stress or would it be better for the community as it may stop these perverts from doing it to someone else?

And its such a shame this loophole exists. There really should be a law or something done about this. I feel violated as i know theres a pervy old man (probably a sex offender) masturbating over a video of me and my fiance which he doesnt have our permission to own. Absolutely disgusting."

You could confront him but I'm not sure if would end well and it's unlikely to stop it happening to someone else. Sadly if you 100% want to avoid things like this happening you will have to stay clothed. We live in a world where we need to be aware that the potential for being filmed or photographed is high

By *en_Dover79Man 47 weeks ago

Oswaldtwistle

is that El castillo in caleta de fuste? thought there was a large wall covering the view and there are the so called lobster pots where you can bathe naked out of sight of clothed tourists..

Apologies if I am in the wrong place

Manchester

"is that El castillo in caleta de fuste? thought there was a large wall covering the view and there are the so called lobster pots where you can bathe naked out of sight of clothed tourists..

Apologies if I am in the wrong place"

No its el cotillo in the northwest. Beschhbis called play del castillo.

By *og-ManMan 47 weeks ago

somewhere

Stop worrying about some unknown that has a video of you and your girlfriend and why would you think he's a sex offender.

You're over thinking it

He's unknown to you,you'll never see him again so you really need to move on

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

Whilst it’s twattish behaviour you were naked in a public place.

It is his absolute right to film anything he likes in a public place and you have to accept that.

Had you chased after him what would you have done?

Assaulted him, threatened him or broken his camera?

You would have been committing criminal offences not him.

Get used to it or give it up sadly.

By *ellhungvweMan 47 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Thanks for info everyone! So what would you advice to do in a situation like this? Will approaching only lead to more stress or would it be better for the community as it may stop these perverts from doing it to someone else?

And its such a shame this loophole exists. There really should be a law or something done about this. I feel violated as i know theres a pervy old man (probably a sex offender) masturbating over a video of me and my fiance which he doesnt have our permission to own. Absolutely disgusting."

It isn’t a loophole - it’s a fairly fundamental part of free speech to record what is happening in public.

If you feel violated then don’t take your clothes off.

By *en_Dover79Man 47 weeks ago

Oswaldtwistle

"is that El castillo in caleta de fuste? thought there was a large wall covering the view and there are the so called lobster pots where you can bathe naked out of sight of clothed tourists..

Apologies if I am in the wrong place

No its el cotillo in the northwest. Beschhbis called play del castillo."

I see sorry.. thought it was the area I knew... still sounds a pisser someone doing that

By *rosted_CupcakeCouple 47 weeks ago

Norwich

realistically, you would have asked him to delete it, he deletes it your happy he walks off you walk off and then just recovers it from his deleted files

By *-4pleasureCouple 47 weeks ago

Belfast

"Hi everyone,

Just returned from a week in fuerteventura that was spent exclusively getting naked on the beaches with my fiance. Was an incredible experience which i highly recommend for any nudists!

However there was an incident on our last day which id like to share and get everyones thoughts and feelings on.

We were sunbathing nude on a beach in el cotillo which had an even mix of naturists and textile. After a while we decided to take a nude walk along the coast and after reaching the end of our walk we stopped for a moment to appreciate the view and dip our feet into the water.

As my fiance was bent over dipping her hands into the water i turned around and noticed a fully clothed short man in his 40s/50s walk across the shore from behind us with his phone in hand recording a video. The man stopped when he reached an angle from where he could see our fronts and then turned around, slowly turning his camera to pan across where we were stood and then he waved at someone further down the beach. I looked down the beach to see who he waved at but there was no one there. I then stared at him at which point he turned back around, again slowly panning the camera across where we were, and then he walked further up the coast. After around 20 metres or so along the coast he then turned around again and this time stopped at what looked like an angle pointing directly at us.

At this point i said to my fiance “what is he doing?” And she replied that she thinks hes just “a dad filming a dad video of the coast”. She clearly didnt want me to chase after the man, and i didnt want to run nude across the beach, so i left it and we walked back to our sunbathing spot. but im completely convinced that man wasnt recording a video of the coast. I think he was recording a video starring us as we were both nude.

We dont have much experience of public naturism but iv always assumed that cameras should be kept away on naturist friendly beaches and if used, the person should ensure no nudists are in view.

Am i right in thinking this was innapropriate? Or was it our fault because we decided to leave the privacy of a stone circle and be nude in plain view?

And what would be the appropriate way to deal with a situation like this? Should i have approached and demanded he deleted the video?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Harry"

Anyone caught filming on the beach in Cap D’Agde has his phone tossed in the sea along with a public shaming off the beach

By *ucianpoundCouple 47 weeks ago

Cap d’Agde, France

More than once I’ve seen incidents on the Cap d’Agde beach where someone using a phone and clearly trying to record people, have been surrounded by gesticulating fellow nudists and on one occasion a phone being grabbed and hurled into the sea.

It’s never acceptable to film/photograph on a naturiste beach without permission.

Fortunately on the Cap beaches a certain amount of self-policing takes place but on a beach where you’re alone this can be a lot more problematic.

By *reenleavesCouple 47 weeks ago

North Wales

Depending on how busy the beach was, a loud 'do you mind not filming us naked, please' could have done the trick. But otherwise, there's no expectation of privacy on a public beach.

Manchester

"Depending on how busy the beach was, a loud 'do you mind not filming us naked, please' could have done the trick. But otherwise, there's no expectation of privacy on a public beach. "

Perfect. Il try this if it happens again. Fingers crossed in the future everyone on the beach will be courteous and respectful

By *WALKinkCouple 47 weeks ago

Eastbourne

I'm a photographer, I shoot street stuff as part of my portfolio. UK laws are if you're in public, your game. Right or wrong, that's it.

I have my own rules, I avoid kids, families from behind if the pic warrants it, no one eating, obvious mental issues etc. Be courteous and discrete, most people don't even notice. I've been approached and asked who are the pics for, I normally show them if it's a good one, take their details if they want a copy, most people actually don't mind, but this is on the street, clothed. I've been aggressively approached maybe twice, one I hadn't even taken any pics, so showed him (his partner had panicked hearing the shutter), the other was a street begger who got told to do one.

I would never, ever think of taking a camera to a nudist beach, it's just rude and makes people uncomfortable. If someone wants to take pics of me nude, that's their fault and they deserve everything they get lol. Personally, brush it off, he ain't posting that online, you'll never see him again and you probably passed hundreds if not thousands of people that week who also saw you naked. You could be in numerous coastline snaps in the background as well! Next time, if it is making you uncomfortable, as mentioned, bring attention to them, make them embarrassed, they'll soon walk away

By *havennaturistsCouple 47 weeks ago

Banff

A lot of fuss about nothing. The OP has posted this in another forum too.

Rather interesting that voyeurism and photo taking feature in his Fab profile!

Manchester

"I'm a photographer, I shoot street stuff as part of my portfolio. UK laws are if you're in public, your game. Right or wrong, that's it.

I have my own rules, I avoid kids, families from behind if the pic warrants it, no one eating, obvious mental issues etc. Be courteous and discrete, most people don't even notice. I've been approached and asked who are the pics for, I normally show them if it's a good one, take their details if they want a copy, most people actually don't mind, but this is on the street, clothed. I've been aggressively approached maybe twice, one I hadn't even taken any pics, so showed him (his partner had panicked hearing the shutter), the other was a street begger who got told to do one.

I would never, ever think of taking a camera to a nudist beach, it's just rude and makes people uncomfortable. If someone wants to take pics of me nude, that's their fault and they deserve everything they get lol. Personally, brush it off, he ain't posting that online, you'll never see him again and you probably passed hundreds if not thousands of people that week who also saw you naked. You could be in numerous coastline snaps in the background as well! Next time, if it is making you uncomfortable, as mentioned, bring attention to them, make them embarrassed, they'll soon walk away

"

Well said, thanks for sharing

Manchester

"A lot of fuss about nothing. The OP has posted this in another forum too.

Rather interesting that voyeurism and photo taking feature in his Fab profile! "

Wasn’t sure which forum would be best so i went for both spain and support and advice.

And yes i dont mind picture taking… when its done with my permission. There are plenty of photos taken of me nude on this holiday but i was aware they were being taken so it was an enjoyable experience. But this man was sneakily trying to take pictures which made me uncomfortable.

Tbh if he had approached and asked permission l probably wouldve allowed him to take a video as long as he sends it to me too. But the sneakiness was disgusting.

"A lot of fuss about nothing. The OP has posted this in another forum too.

Rather interesting that voyeurism and photo taking feature in his Fab profile! "

Boom!

I can totally relate to how you feel. Now I wasn’t naked, but we were out in January, having a good time in a club, when T went to the toilet and I was on my own, when some idiot (for want of a better word) stood next to me and took a picture with me in it on his Snapchat. I felt totally violated, I have no issues with people taking pictures with my permission, but without, is just rude and a huge violation of my privacy. I’m still not happy about it months later.

Personally, I confronted the guy, but If I was nude I’d probably have left it.

Mrs

By *entlecaressMan 47 weeks ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

In private naturist clubs and events we have rules no filming without permission. In public sorry its part of being a naturist and we have to put up with it.

By *orkshireDrifterMan 47 weeks ago

Bridlington.

Totally inappropriate and should be challenged from the outset. I have had this situation several times and the challenge effectively ruins the wank value of his video.

The same rule also applies to pysht voyeurs who won't go away (forget the latter if that's your turn on). If they won't go away after being told, get your phone out and start filming them, they usually scuttle off then......

Please do not let that nasty experience spoil your enjoyment of your new lifestyle.

By *orkshireDrifterMan 47 weeks ago

Bridlington.

"In private naturist clubs and events we have rules no filming without permission. In public sorry its part of being a naturist and we have to put up with it. "

NO ONE DOES NOT!

By *ackieSteveCouple 47 weeks ago

Newbridge

Steve would have thrown rocks at him.

By *ldgeezermeMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle

"In private naturist clubs and events we have rules no filming without permission. In public sorry its part of being a naturist and we have to put up with it.

NO ONE DOES NOT!

"

So you getting your kit off means I am forbidden from taking photos in that area?

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 47 weeks ago

Watford

"I don’t know the beach and I don’t know what the local laws are with respect to filming.

Personally I don’t like people with cameras on the beach but I dislike stopping people taking photos in public when the law allows them to even more.

In my view if people are allowed to take pictures on the beach and you don’t like your picture being taken when you are naked in public then don’t be naked in public."

I agree with this. Yes, it's inappropriate. Yes, nobody should be doing that but, it's a public place. You cannot stop people filming in a public place.

By *anted by NightMan 47 weeks ago

Shangri-la

"Whilst it’s twattish behaviour you were naked in a public place.

It is his absolute right to film anything he likes in a public place and you have to accept that.

Had you chased after him what would you have done?

Assaulted him, threatened him or broken his camera?

You would have been committing criminal offences not him.

Get used to it or give it up sadly. "

Nailed it.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 47 weeks ago

Middle England

"In private naturist clubs and events we have rules no filming without permission. In public sorry its part of being a naturist and we have to put up with it.

NO ONE DOES NOT!

"

Not sure why the need to shout. But if you are in public and someone openly or covertly films you what can you do about it?

By *iberatedduoCouple 47 weeks ago

Ashbourne

This hasn’t happened to us but we believe others who have experienced this reach for their own camera to film them it usually does the trick and they back off. He was probably pretending to film the coast so he had a video of nudists for their own personal pleasure. Unfortunately it’s a risk that comes with being nude in public, other than reporting the incident to the authorities what else can be done

Ashbourne

NO ONE DOES NOT!

So you getting your kit off means I am forbidden from taking photos in that area?"

No one is forbidden from taking pictures however there are laws surrounding taking photographs of others without consent.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple 47 weeks ago

Coventry

First of all it's bang out of order and the guy is clearly a preve from what you said. It sounds like the focus of his video was naked women at the beach rather than a video of a beach where naked people are.

Now I get a public nude beach is just the same as a public textile beach but without clothes. There's nothing per se (as far as I'm aware says you can't film). So naturally as naturist in a public area we have to except what can be seen with the eye can be viewed through a camera lens. I get people like to get nice personal pictures of freinds and family or just innocent photos not aimed at people, us included. However anyone with any decency ensures they are not overly intruding on others privacy. People wouldn't accept a man deliberately filming ladies in textile space so why should that be any different in a nude space.

What can be done about it? Not a lot unless you're familiar with the specific laws for that country and space. If you are sure he's being a perve one thing you can do is challenge him and bring it to others attention. Hopefully making things unpleasant for him may do something.

As a side note this is why I get a like wary of the conversations around nude beaches on here. Because we are vanilla naturist who have family we want to just enjoy the beach. Nothing against anything that adults do hiden away from public veiw (we loves the outdoors too responsibly). However I sometimes worry that the talk on here about nude spaces being sex hot spots and the locations may encourage people who get the wrong idea to come. Then spoil the area with inappropriate behaviour around vanilla naturists and/or just getting their rocks of to normal people enjoying a day at the beach.

By *adCherriesCouple 47 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Personally id of took is phone and wizzed it in the sea and if he wanted it back he could of gone diving for it.

Ashbourne

"Yes, unfortuantly I don't think there would be much you could do as he's not done anything illegal even though it might feel he has.

I remember once on a naturist beach in Mallorca and I watched this guy in his 70s/80s create like a ditch in the sand and he placed his bags around the edge and from behind he was sneakily taking photos. I could see that he was trying to take a lady in front so I purposely got up and stood for ages in his line of sight - all he got was me in my full birthday suit instead. He wasn't too happy but knew I'd twigged what he was doing!

My point is I think it happens lots on naturist beaches, many sad little men use it as an opportunity to take some snaps. In your case he was just a bit more blatent with it!"

It is illegal if someone takes pictures of a naked person without consent even in a public place. What if they were to upload onto a porn site. I know somebody who got in bother by another parent because they were taking a photo of their own child while the other parents child was in the background. Schools ban cameras these days so one needs to be careful unless they want to find themselves in front of a judge.

Newcastle

NO ONE DOES NOT!

So you getting your kit off means I am forbidden from taking photos in that area?

No one is forbidden from taking pictures however there are laws surrounding taking photographs of others without consent. "

Not in this country

Newcastle

"Yes, unfortuantly I don't think there would be much you could do as he's not done anything illegal even though it might feel he has.

My point is I think it happens lots on naturist beaches, many sad little men use it as an opportunity to take some snaps. In your case he was just a bit more blatent with it!

It is illegal if someone takes pictures of a naked person without consent even in a public place. What if they were to upload onto a porn site. I know somebody who got in bother by another parent because they were taking a photo of their own child while the other parents child was in the background. Schools ban cameras these days so one needs to be careful unless they want to find themselves in front of a judge. "

It is not illegal in this country

Middle England

"No one is forbidden from taking pictures however there are laws surrounding taking photographs of others without consent. "

That does not apply in public; only on private land or in a private setting eg your home

Wakefield/ Beverley

NO ONE DOES NOT!

So you getting your kit off means I am forbidden from taking photos in that area?"

Indeed its against the club or event rules as its a private place. You would be taken off the premises.

Ashbourne

"No one is forbidden from taking pictures however there are laws surrounding taking photographs of others without consent.

That does not apply in public; only on private land or in a private setting eg your home"

It could come down to what one does with said photo. If they take a pic without consent then upload it to a porn site then that’s got to be illegal. Revenge porn is so it must amount to the same thing if it’s non consensual

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 47 weeks ago

Watford

There is no law against taking photos in public in the UK, and I don't think that's any different in continental Europe.

Ashbourne

"There is no law against taking photos in public in the UK, and I don't think that's any different in continental Europe."

Currently, there is no single criminal offence in England and Wales that governs the taking, making and sharing of intimate images without consent. Instead, there is a patchwork of offences that have developed over time, most of which existed before the rise of the internet

There is currently a review going through parliament reviewing taking images with or without consent so recommendations have been put forward to be made law.

Middle England

"No one is forbidden from taking pictures however there are laws surrounding taking photographs of others without consent.

That does not apply in public; only on private land or in a private setting eg your home

It could come down to what one does with said photo. If they take a pic without consent then upload it to a porn site then that’s got to be illegal. Revenge porn is so it must amount to the same thing if it’s non consensual "

Are we at cross purposes? I thought the debate was about taking photos whilst naked on a naturist/nudist beach. If that's the case and it's a public place then no offence has occurred. By default the person who takes the photo has copyright.

This is not the same as revenge porn.

"Section 33 of the Act makes it a criminal offence to disclose, or threaten to disclose, private photographs or film which show people engaged in sexual activity or depicted in a sexual way (including where their genitals are exposed), where what is shown would not usually be seen in public."

So the distinction is sexual and public. So if you have sex in a public space (which might be illegal in itself) and someone takes the picture because it was in public difficult to argue against. If, however, it was in the privacy of the home then that's different but you would still need to show or prove the intent to disclose.

Well that's my understanding.

Ashbourne

It could come down to what one does with said photo. If they take a pic without consent then upload it to a porn site then that’s got to be illegal. Revenge porn is so it must amount to the same thing if it’s non consensual

Are we at cross purposes? I thought the debate was about taking photos whilst naked on a naturist/nudist beach. If that's the case and it's a public place then no offence has occurred. By default the person who takes the photo has copyright.

"Section 33 of the Act makes it a criminal offence to disclose, or threaten to disclose, private photographs or film which show people engaged in sexual activity or depicted in a sexual way (including where their genitals are exposed), where what is shown would not usually be seen in public."

So the distinction is sexual and public. So if you have sex in a public space (which might be illegal in itself) and someone takes the picture because it was in public difficult to argue against. If, however, it was in the privacy of the home then that's different but you would still need to show or prove the intent to disclose.

Well that's my understanding."

Whether it’s in public or in private if it’s non consensual then the subject can report the perpetrator and appropriate action taken. Contrary to popular belief a person has a right to a degree of personal privacy even in a public space. Having sex outside in itself isn’t illegal but if two people report it then it falls under public indecency laws. Having experienced naturism myself you ask anyone who is in the shot if they are ok with it. Some will argue that is not law but any decent person would do so. As I say there are bills going through so it’s on the cards to be made illegal.

Middle England

Your argument is fundamentally flawed. If I'm in a public place and a photographer takes a photo of someone else or whatever and I'm walking by just at that moment and end up in the picture. They've not had my consent; what happens then? We must have all took photos and other people are in them. You cant stop people from going about their business just so you can take a picture.

You may not like it but that's the way it is.

Instead of saying there are bills going through why not just reference them or the white paper etc it would be so much easier or is this another look it up yourself type of discussion?

Ashbourne

"Your argument is fundamentally flawed. If I'm in a public place and a photographer takes a photo of someone else or whatever and I'm walking by just at that moment and end up in the picture. They've not had my consent; what happens then? We must have all took photos and other people are in them. You cant stop people from going about their business just so you can take a picture.

You may not like it but that's the way it is.

Instead of saying there are bills going through why not just reference them or the white paper etc it would be so much easier or is this another look it up yourself type of discussion?"

Yes, valid point but when I take photos of a landmark for example I wait until the area has cleared and seize the moment. I wouldn’t want anyone in the photo anyway and ruin it. You’re overlooking the fact that there is a difference between innocently taking photographs and visiting a naturist beach pretending to be taking in the landscape when all your doing is taking images of naked couples for your own gratification. This is where it becomes unlawful. See gov.co.uk

Newcastle

NO ONE DOES NOT!

Indeed its against the club or event rules as its a private place. You would be taken off the premises. "

Yep, not illegal

Newcastle

Well that's my understanding.

Whether it’s in public or in private if it’s non consensual then the subject can report the perpetrator and appropriate action taken. Contrary to popular belief a person has a right to a degree of personal privacy even in a public space. Having sex outside in itself isn’t illegal but if two people report it then it falls under public indecency laws. Having experienced naturism myself you ask anyone who is in the shot if they are ok with it. Some will argue that is not law but any decent person would do so. As I say there are bills going through so it’s on the cards to be made illegal. "

So it's not illegal

Manchester

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems to be a case of it being legal for him to take the video as it was a public place but itd probably violate a law if he were to upload it online.

Also seems that the naturist culture dictates that any camera use in a naturist area should be either avoided or done carefully to avoid including others without their consent but as a naturist you should accept that you may accidentally appear in a video or photo. - for those wondering, yes we were aware of this and comfortable with it. This man in particular didn't capture us by accident. We were the focus of his video so a different situation.

What this man did was basically disgusting. He violated me and my fiancé's human right to privacy by making a video of us withiut our consent. Definitely was not a video of the coast otherwise why would he have pretended to wave at someone and stop again a little further on the beach?

What a foul human being.

Hopefully this forum will stop anyone who does this or is thinking of doing something similar. Theres plenty of legal porn sites and even photos on here which you can view with the persons consent. Please stick to that and don't violate strangers who are trying to enjoy a naturist experience.

Newcastle

"Thanks for the input everyone. Seems to be a case of it being legal for him to take the video as it was a public place but itd probably violate a law if he were to upload it online.

Also seems that the naturist culture dictates that any camera use in a naturist area should be either avoided or done carefully to avoid including others without their consent but as a naturist you should accept that you may accidentally appear in a video or photo. - for those wondering, yes we were aware of this and comfortable with it. This man in particular didn't capture us by accident. We were the focus of his video so a different situation.

What this man did was basically disgusting. He violated me and my fiancé's human right to privacy by making a video of us withiut our consent. Definitely was not a video of the coast otherwise why would he have pretended to wave at someone and stop again a little further on the beach?

What a foul human being.

Hopefully this forum will stop anyone who does this or is thinking of doing something similar. Theres plenty of legal porn sites and even photos on here which you can view with the persons consent. Please stick to that and don't violate strangers who are trying to enjoy a naturist experience."

You have no human right to privacy in a public area

Manchester

"Thanks for the input everyone. Seems to be a case of it being legal for him to take the video as it was a public place but itd probably violate a law if he were to upload it online.

What a foul human being.

Hopefully this forum will stop anyone who does this or is thinking of doing something similar. Theres plenty of legal porn sites and even photos on here which you can view with the persons consent. Please stick to that and don't violate strangers who are trying to enjoy a naturist experience.

You have no human right to privacy in a public area"

You sound like the type of person to do this.

Newcastle

What a foul human being.

You sound like the type of person to do this."

Oh dear, just because I correct your errors you get huffy

Manchester

You might want to double check your facts. There is such thing as right to privacy in a public space however it isn’t straight forward as its a complicated topic. Judges/courts are instructed to judge each case on an individual basis. And this is the case across europe not just the uk.

So if i had decided to chase after and persecute the man it would be up to a judge to decide whether he broke my right to privacy or not. He most definitely did with his ridiculous waving at a non existent person so i reckon he’d most likely be judged as guilty.

By *allySlinkyWoman 47 weeks ago

Leeds

You left the nudist section then your girlfriend bent over naked, dipping her hands in the sea. I think the man was wrong for taking a pic or video but it might have seemed to him that you are exhibitionists who enjoy being looked at nude by textiles as you had walked away from the nudist beach, naked.

It’s sad that people can’t just do their thing without others being so creepy x I hope you enjoyed your day nonetheless OP. It might not be illegal but kids these days are taught at school that it is not ok to take film or pics of someone without their permission. The older generation that didn’t grow up with phones haven’t had this lesson impressed on them. It is just common decency though to not photograph or film a person naked anywhere without their permission.

Banff

Among the many interests listed in HiHarry's profile are voyeurism, video making and photo taking.

Dictionary definition of voyeurism is 'the practice of gaining sexual pleasure from watching others when they are naked or engaged in sexual activity'.

Pot and kettle spring to mind!

By *adCherriesCouple 47 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"Among the many interests listed in HiHarry's profile are voyeurism, video making and photo taking.

Dictionary definition of voyeurism is 'the practice of gaining sexual pleasure from watching others when they are naked or engaged in sexual activity'.

Pot and kettle spring to mind!"

I think the key word there is 'watching', not taking pictures/videos without permission that could be used online for all kinds of weird activities. With the rise of AI recognition sites things like this are even more creepy.

Newcastle

"You might want to double check your facts. There is such thing as right to privacy in a public space however it isn’t straight forward as its a complicated topic. Judges/courts are instructed to judge each case on an individual basis. And this is the case across europe not just the uk.

So if i had decided to chase after and persecute the man it would be up to a judge to decide whether he broke my right to privacy or not. He most definitely did with his ridiculous waving at a non existent person so i reckon he’d most likely be judged as guilty."

Totally incorrect on every level

Please point me to the relevant law

By *allySlinkyWoman 47 weeks ago

Leeds

"

So if i had decided to chase after and persecute the man it would be up to a judge to decide whether he broke my right to privacy or not. He most definitely did with his ridiculous waving at a non existent person so i reckon he’d most likely be judged as guilty.

"

You are suggesting that waving on a public beach is illegal ?

Newcastle

"Among the many interests listed in HiHarry's profile are voyeurism, video making and photo taking.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Chichester

I just start taking photos / video of the guy taking pics of me when it happens , they usually fuck off quite fast then as get flustered.

Last summer a guy kept taking pics of me at local

Nude beach and a few guys near me went and spoke to him then he left the beach , Not before I had stood up pointing at him Infront of others and taking photos / video on my phone of the weirdo .

It may well be legal to film in public but these degenerates still get embarrassed when you point them out visibly to others and scarper

There is a huge difference between randomly catching someone in shot to deliberately moving around to get a better angle on a nude person sunbathing .

Wakefield/ Beverley

NO ONE DOES NOT!

Indeed its against the club or event rules as its a private place. You would be taken off the premises.

Yep, not illegal"

I never said it was illegal just against the rules and you would be asked to leave.

Manchester

"You might want to double check your facts. There is such thing as right to privacy in a public space however it isn’t straight forward as its a complicated topic. Judges/courts are instructed to judge each case on an individual basis. And this is the case across europe not just the uk.

Please point me to the relevant law"

Please see the cambridge law journal vol.69

It doesnt state public nudist beaches specifically but uses an example of someone in a vulnerable situation like getting into an ambulance. Turns out taking a photo of someone in that position is an invasion of their privacy. Makes sense because you can be covered in blood, vomit, urine etc so most people wouldnt want pictures taken of them. And like i said each case is advised to be judged individually. In this case in particular im pretty confident the person would be prosecuted.

Manchester

"It’s sad that people can’t just do their thing without others being so creepy x I hope you enjoyed your day nonetheless OP. It might not be illegal but kids these days are taught at school that it is not ok to take film or pics of someone without their permission. The older generation that didn’t grow up with phones haven’t had this lesson impressed on them. It is just common decency though to not photograph or film a person naked anywhere without their permission."

I think youve got it spot on here. Hopefully those that are not aware will read this and learn something

Manchester

"

You are suggesting that waving on a public beach is illegal ?"

Youve completely missed the point. The wave was just him pretending he wasnt recording us. The problem was him recording us without our permission and the fake waving just made it extremely creepy

Manchester

This has already been addressed above. The key thing is consent. With consent i enjoy being watched etc. without consent is a completely different feeling.

Just like sex. With consent is amazing but without the consent it can be traumatic.

Banff

It doesnt state public nudist beaches specifically but uses an example of someone in a vulnerable situation like getting into an ambulance. Turns out taking a photo of someone in that position is an invasion of their privacy. Makes sense because you can be covered in blood, vomit, urine etc so most people wouldnt want pictures taken of them. And like i said each case is advised to be judged individually. In this case in particular im pretty confident the person would be prosecuted."

Is the Cambridge Law Journal Vol 69 pertinent to Spain in any way? Laws in different countries can be very different from those in UK. Have you ever tried driving in Spain with something sticking out of the hatchback? In UK, legal. In Spain, very illegal.

Banff

"This has already been addressed above. The key thing is consent. With consent I enjoy being watched" .

You are now confusing voyeurism with exhibitionism!

Manchester

""This has already been addressed above. The key thing is consent. With consent I enjoy being watched" .

You are now confusing voyeurism with exhibitionism!

"

Ah, i see. Sorry for the confusion.

Manchester

It doesnt state public nudist beaches specifically but uses an example of someone in a vulnerable situation like getting into an ambulance. Turns out taking a photo of someone in that position is an invasion of their privacy. Makes sense because you can be covered in blood, vomit, urine etc so most people wouldnt want pictures taken of them. And like i said each case is advised to be judged individually. In this case in particular im pretty confident the person would be prosecuted.

Is the Cambridge Law Journal Vol 69 pertinent to Spain in any way? Laws in different countries can be very different from those in UK. Have you ever tried driving in Spain with something sticking out of the hatchback? In UK, legal. In Spain, very illegal."

The conversation moved away from spain a while ago so no and im not too sure what the law would be in spain. Any chance you can help?

Newcastle

It doesnt state public nudist beaches specifically but uses an example of someone in a vulnerable situation like getting into an ambulance. Turns out taking a photo of someone in that position is an invasion of their privacy. Makes sense because you can be covered in blood, vomit, urine etc so most people wouldnt want pictures taken of them. And like i said each case is advised to be judged individually. In this case in particular im pretty confident the person would be prosecuted."

And I am certain they wouldn't

Deliberately removing your clothing in a public area is not by any stretch of the imagination being in a vulnerable situation

By *laireandAndyCouple 46 weeks ago

Highlands

What a foul human being.

You sound like the type of person to do this."

Wow, uncalled for, I think you should apologise!

By *okoloshCouple 46 weeks ago

cardiff

Rather than asking in a UK forum, where many people may think UK law applies across the world, find out what the Spanish law is. I'm not 100% sure myself but I do know that for instance recording people in public areas using home CCTV is against the law. Your dashcam has to switch off when you turn your car off etc. My flat should have a sign on the building door that CCTV is operational even though it only monitors the interior of the building. I am pretty sure that if you had got hold of a member of the guardia and asked to lay a charge (denuncia) they would have done so. But I'm not an expert hence get more info on the relevant laws.

By *rivateGuy2019Man 46 weeks ago

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 30/05/23 21:41:37]

By *rivateGuy2019Man 46 weeks ago

Cardiff

So the above post is partly correct. Using recording equipment indoors does have restrictions as the occupants and visitors have a reasonable expectation of privacy. The car dashcam part is not correct. There is no expectation of privacy in a public place so whether your car is moving, parked or you are not in it is irrelevant. The car dashcam can record in any public place.

» Add a new message to this topic