FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Why do people hide their profile?

Why do people hide their profile?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eFCUKaLot OP   Couple 51 weeks ago

somewhere close

Someone winked us, we looked at their profile & we liked what we see & winked back. We then noticed there was one less person on our looked at list & it was them but they still showed on our winked list. Clicked the profile but now it’s hidden.

What would they do that do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hiregirl76Woman 51 weeks ago

Scotland

Mine is hidden most of the time to stop the flow of "fuck now" type messages. Sometimes I prefer to enjoy the forums in peace.

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Mine is hidden most of the time to stop the flow of "fuck now" type messages. Sometimes I prefer to enjoy the forums in peace."

I only thought it was singles that got those type of messages, I’ve seen one of to that have took lots of thought and sent a message “Hello” and “Wife’s”.

I honestly wouldn’t know how to respond?

I prefer a wordy email that atleast gives me something to read before we even look at a profile never mind respond to the email.

Think our profile was hidden before covid and through it, only thing I would hide now if I was to try and remain secretive is the photos.

D&Kx

By (user no longer on site) 51 weeks ago

We remain in incognito mode, simply to avoid unnecessary messages.

Previously, we've received them stating they'd noticed we had looked at their profile and did we see anything we like.

And more messages similar to that.

It's like another filter, and has helped.

Nobody needs to know we've looked, only if we're interested.

By *issmorganWoman 51 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I hide mine of I want to browse in peace or if I'm online late as you tend to get all the horneys sending meet now messages.

Or if I want to take a bit or a break from fab.

By *issmorganWoman 51 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I don't know why people wink or even friend invite others when they're hidden ,it baffles me.

People hide profiles fr a number of reasons. They have sorted what they are looking for, they are away, they are fed up, they do t have time, their wife has suspicions

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I don't know why people wink or even friend invite others when they're hidden ,it baffles me."

I think you should do a play on words similar to your tee-shirt from nov’21? - “free pics here only kidding don’t bother looking!” Once you’ve hidden all your pics.

As for hiding a profile, some hide went not online, I think to avoid logging in to many messages.

It is frustrating though, receiving a wink from a hidden profile.

I am currently hidden as don't want to chat to anyone new or meet anyone. But do enjoy the forums

By *ucka39Man 51 weeks ago

Newcastle

It might not be because of you the off chance that they might have put the profile visible then probably got inundated with messages which they didn't want... Keep the door open

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple 51 weeks ago

Weymouth

Speaking from experience we might have had a personal issue or stress which means we need to take a break suddenly x

"I don't know why people wink or even friend invite others when they're hidden ,it baffles me."

Sometimes when I've hidden our profile I forget that it's still hidden and carry on using Fab as normal. Or I've hidden it without telling my partner so he's oblivious

By *eeliciouschaosWoman 51 weeks ago

Wherever

I often hide my profile when I need a break from Fab or I’m not meeting but still want to participate in forum.

"I am currently hidden as don't want to chat to anyone new or meet anyone. But do enjoy the forums"

Same as us.

By *oan of DArcCouple 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Someone winked us, we looked at their profile & we liked what we see & winked back. We then noticed there was one less person on our looked at list & it was them but they still showed on our winked list. Clicked the profile but now it’s hidden.

What would they do that do you think? "

Maybe they wink to show appreciation of profiles but aren't seeking any follow up.

By *hogun300Man 51 weeks ago

Dundee

For all sorts of reasons. Because they can. Its their profile. Done it myself.

By *adameGreyTV/TS 51 weeks ago

Renfrew

"I am currently hidden as don't want to chat to anyone new or meet anyone. But do enjoy the forums

Same as us. "

This

By *ice_couple2012Couple 51 weeks ago

Leicester

I get all the valid reasons given here for hiding a profile but what i dont understand is why a single guy with hidden profile would send us a wink. This happened to us just this morning. Wtf is that all about??

By *oan of DArcCouple 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I get all the valid reasons given here for hiding a profile but what i dont understand is why a single guy with hidden profile would send us a wink. This happened to us just this morning. Wtf is that all about?? "

Maybe he just liked your profile.

By *luttyLaylaWoman 51 weeks ago

North West

"I get all the valid reasons given here for hiding a profile but what i dont understand is why a single guy with hidden profile would send us a wink. This happened to us just this morning. Wtf is that all about?? "

Probbalt forgot he’s on hidden. I do it all the time x

"I get all the valid reasons given here for hiding a profile but what i dont understand is why a single guy with hidden profile would send us a wink. This happened to us just this morning. Wtf is that all about??

Probbalt forgot he’s on hidden. I do it all the time x"

Yup. Me too

By *ucka39Man 51 weeks ago

Newcastle

They are playing Pick-a-boo

Because they want to

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 50 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme