FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Sex addiction (couples)

Sex addiction (couples)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ewYoungFun321 OP   Couple 37 weeks ago

South Wales

I know this will mainly go towards males but from all genders on fab. Has anyone delt with or is going through sexual addiction. I'm mainly looking for advice from couples who are both or one side is on the verge of or is a sex addict.

What are the best steps to take and how do you control those weird urges!!! .

Really appreciate the help xx

Ps if you don't feel comfortable posting in this form about this please message privately xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 37 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

As for all the main addictions there is a twelve step program and support groups to help you manage it properly.

South Wales

Do you think it works for sexual addiction though ? I mean I guess the end goal is to manage your addiction but in the cases of drugs the end goal is to stop using.... But as soon as you start getting sexual active will it all come crashing down again?

By *ustaceSmithMan 37 weeks ago

Saxmundham

What "weird urges" are you talking about? Having a large sexual appetite is not the same as addiction. Are you sharing this with your wife?

Carlisle usually

"Do you think it works for sexual addiction though ? I mean I guess the end goal is to manage your addiction but in the cases of drugs the end goal is to stop using.... But as soon as you start getting sexual active will it all come crashing down again?"

From what I gather from NA friends the start goal is to stop using street drugs. Many are still on prescriptions and considered clean.

Sex addiction manifests in unsafe behaviour. Controlling that is the goal. Just liking a lot of sex isn't addiction.

South Wales

"What "weird urges" are you talking about? Having a large sexual appetite is not the same as addiction. Are you sharing this with your wife?"

Messaged privately on accident.

South Wales

"Do you think it works for sexual addiction though ? I mean I guess the end goal is to manage your addiction but in the cases of drugs the end goal is to stop using.... But as soon as you start getting sexual active will it all come crashing down again?

From what I gather from NA friends the start goal is to stop using street drugs. Many are still on prescriptions and considered clean.

Sex addiction manifests in unsafe behaviour. Controlling that is the goal. Just liking a lot of sex isn't addiction."

The issue isn't liking a lot of sex. It's constantly thinking of it at all times of the day to the point it's effecting my mental health. It's the only thing on the mind even after sexual intercourse

Carlisle usually

"Do you think it works for sexual addiction though ? I mean I guess the end goal is to manage your addiction but in the cases of drugs the end goal is to stop using.... But as soon as you start getting sexual active will it all come crashing down again?

Sex addiction manifests in unsafe behaviour. Controlling that is the goal. Just liking a lot of sex isn't addiction.

The issue isn't liking a lot of sex. It's constantly thinking of it at all times of the day to the point it's effecting my mental health. It's the only thing on the mind even after sexual intercourse "

I probably spend 90% of my waking time thinking about sex. It's particularly strong after particularly great times with my partners.

Therapy might be a good shout if it's affecting your mental health. I'm quite happy with the way I am.

By *heekyDemandCouple 37 weeks ago

Leicester

"As for all the main addictions there is a twelve step program and support groups to help you manage it properly."

First step is admitting you have a problem.

Regardless of how much or how perverse or how many people we have sex with, as long as its legal, consensual and isn't hurting anyone - then it's not a problem.

By *anglewood69Couple 37 weeks ago

Highland

Find a local SMART recovery group, it can help manage any type of addictive behaviour, the beauty of it is that regardless of what you are having issues managing, it can help. This link will help you find local meetings: https://smartrecovery.org.uk

By *myAndScottCouple 37 weeks ago

Stourport on Severn

November 12th I'll be 6 years free from alcohol.

I kind of did everything my own way in terms of getting myself sorted out. A lot of my theories and methods would be totally frowned upon by groups like AA.

The fact you've come on here and addressed the problem tells me that you're fighting back. And that my friend is a massive step. Just don't stop fighting till you find what works for you. If you want to change bad enough, trust me when I say it's within reach. My family thought I was going to kill myself at one point. Now I'm almost 6 years sober and never felt so strong.

You got this.

» Add a new message to this topic