FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Photo advice for men

Photo advice for men

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxes OP   Man 32 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

So we are all told to be creative when it comes to photos but how is that possible as a man?

I remember watching a channel 4 series years back where it explained that women should take photos at multiple Levels, angled to camera arched back to emphasis curves where as the men should be face on to the camera and take photos of with high contrast to emphasise muscluar form.

What advice would you give me to any man about photos especially in in how to make then more v interesting. As we as been seen to have a limited number things we can do.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alleyDaveMan 32 weeks ago

Sheffield

Mate ,you have 25 meet verifications. I don't have any .I should be asking you for advice .

By *electableicecreamMan 32 weeks ago

The West

I think it's a great question.

I never took photos of myself before I joined fab and I've really enjoyed learning and getting better and it's done wonders for my confidence.

I think of it as a creative challenge to express myself rather than a photo to show my body to people.

I make up little rules and add constraints to push my creativity. I don't take the same photo twice for example.

The biggest thing for me was learning to edit. There's plenty of apps for that. I use snapseed but the stock photo editor already on your phone will work just fine.

You can get voice activated camera apps or set timers so you can play with the composition.

Play with the lights and shadows in the room.

Look at everything in the frame. Furniture, walls. All that stuff adds to the atmosphere.

Have fun with it!

By *enk15Man 32 weeks ago

Bidford On Avon

"How is that possible as a man" - you are already going into it with a negative mindset.

Mess around with angles, poses, lighting, clothes, locations.

Think of the composition, Is it another bathroom shot with the toilet in the background? or has some personality been added to it?

I like taking photos amongst my plants because I am a plant-o-holic, see what you can do to add some or your personality to a shot.

I like setting the camera to time lapse and "filming myself" (taking a shower, moving around on the bed, touching myself)

Then I can go through and select a frame and screenshot it.

men can take varied photos just like women, just have to put some effort into it.

By *ottodot123Couple 32 weeks ago

Gillingham

Nose at some of the lovely pics of men on athe forums. Lots that use the lounge have really good pics

Southend, Essex

"Mate ,you have 25 meet verifications. I don't have any .I should be asking you for advice ."

It was an and answer in another forum thread. So I thought I would ask people.

The West

"Mate ,you have 25 meet verifications. I don't have any .I should be asking you for advice .

It was an and answer in another forum thread. So I thought I would ask people."

No reason to stop improving your skills just because you have a few veri's.

If others improved theirs they might even get some.

Sheffield

"Mate ,you have 25 meet verifications. I don't have any .I should be asking you for advice .

If others improved theirs they might even get some."

In my experience , adding up to date face photos ,and being brutally honest in my profile ,has made no difference what so ever.

Sheffield

In my experience , adding up to date face photos ,and being brutally honest in my profile ,has made no difference what so ever.

By *eterandJaneadventuresCouple 32 weeks ago

Sutton

For us , historic photos ( some have used same pic taken ten years ago ) do not draw our detailed attentions , big no no’s for us are , just dick pics, pics with toilets as back ground , pics with guys sitting on toilets , pics with trousers round ankles , we prefer to see a mix of fun, saucy and natural photos in regular settings .

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 32 weeks ago

Leeds

There are some men on here with amazing photos, it can be done its just putting that extra effort in, not one camera angle will work for all men or depends on your body shape etc..

Have a play with the camera take pics from different angles and see what you like

Mrs

Gillingham

"

And here is an example of one of those men I mean. Really lovely, sexy set of pics.

By *entle_lover_xMan 32 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

The phone timer for pics is your friend as well as video mode propped up on a shelf. Can then pose and screenshot the best ones

By *nsatiableFunCoupleCouple 32 weeks ago

Worcestershire

"I think it's a great question.

I never took photos of myself before I joined fab and I've really enjoyed learning and getting better and it's done wonders for my confidence.

I think of it as a creative challenge to express myself rather than a photo to show my body to people.

I make up little rules and add constraints to push my creativity. I don't take the same photo twice for example.

The biggest thing for me was learning to edit. There's plenty of apps for that. I use snapseed but the stock photo editor already on your phone will work just fine.

You can get voice activated camera apps or set timers so you can play with the composition.

Look at everything in the frame. Furniture, walls. All that stuff adds to the atmosphere.

Have fun with it!"

Just had a nosey at your pics and they are amazing (from mrs)

Gillingham

"The phone timer for pics is your friend as well as video mode propped up on a shelf. Can then pose and screenshot the best ones "

And here's another one. Super sexy. I've never even experienced rope play but those hand pics are getting me hot under the collar.

By *heonixrising500Man 32 weeks ago

Barnsley

I fancy ropeplay

By *thfloorCouple 32 weeks ago

Hove

"I think it's a great question.

Have fun with it!"

Very interesting, I love your pics they are wistful.

Good tips on this post and others - I think extremely busy, irrelevant backgrounds is the no.1 thing that is simplest to fix even for people without photographic flair. Re. lighting, an artist friend joked that on Grindr he'd noticed a lot of strong contrast top down lighting to accentuate muscles. Props are very useful, they can amuse or create curiosity. Striking colours also draw the eye.

I think straight men especially struggle to present themselves because they cannot recognise or assess what is attractive in their own physicality.

Great Dunmow

"The phone timer for pics is your friend as well as video mode propped up on a shelf. Can then pose and screenshot the best ones

And here's another one. Super sexy. I've never even experienced rope play but those hand pics are getting me hot under the collar. "

Thank you but bit early in the day to be wearing a collar

Good example of how easy to do something a touch different. Lots interested in rope but do nothing about it. Some simple things like the hand cuff are really easy and can find instructions online.

By *rancois Du BoisMan 32 weeks ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

Take a look at the good male pics on hot pics, try and copy their poses as a starting point.

Try the photo timer apps, my kitty has one that takes a photo every 2 seconds for 50 photos.

Be aware of background, edit for lighting and things.

By *emini and ScorpioCouple 32 weeks ago

The South West

I (Mr) am terrible at selfies and photographs. I also hate posing for photos. I usually close my eyes or have a weird expression on my face whenever it’s taken. I actually prefer photos of me when I don’t know it’s being taken but last night staying at a mates house his bathroom lighting was so good I actually took a decent selfie for a change which I just uploaded. My wife on the other hand is naturally photogenic and looks great in all pics even though she’s so picky and deletes loads to find ones she likes.

Sheffield

I prefer to just chuck a few up to date face pics on my profile ,so people can see what I look like right now . Surely its the face pic that people want to see ,not loads of photos using ropes , wearing a shirt with chest showing or flexing muscles. ?

By *ampire69Man 32 weeks ago

Birmingham West Midlands

As a working professional photographer i cringe when i see some of the images placed on this website, i love the website its brilliant however there seems to be little or NO thought put into the pictures displayed. OK shoot me down this is not a high end magazine shoot such as Vogue, Tattle , the Lady, House & Home, but for gods sake if your trying to sell your self, take a look at the area in which you take the picture, bed rooms & Bathrooms that look like bomb sites is not a great start. PM me if any body wants free advice

Great Dunmow

"I prefer to just chuck a few up to date face pics on my profile ,so people can see what I look like right now . Surely its the face pic that people want to see ,not loads of photos using ropes , wearing a shirt with chest showing or flexing muscles. ? "

People want to see pics that tease and excite and show something about you. Something that shows some effort. Something that sets you apart a little. You’ve literally got ladies saying that but you see it differently.

By *unchalMan 32 weeks ago

Dartford

"As a working professional photographer i cringe when i see some of the images placed on this website, i love the website its brilliant however there seems to be little or NO thought put into the pictures displayed. OK shoot me down this is not a high end magazine shoot such as Vogue, Tattle , the Lady, House & Home, but for gods sake if your trying to sell your self, take a look at the area in which you take the picture, bed rooms & Bathrooms that look like bomb sites is not a great start. PM me if any body wants free advice "

Without making any great claims for my own photos, I'm often a bit gobsmacked by the photos some men put up, and it does tend to be men. I'm not I am me and I am here is always enough. Having said that there are some delicious men on here too!

By *eepndarkMan 32 weeks ago

Cardiff

Fair play you've smashed the photos. I will take your advice for sure.

By *emini and ScorpioCouple 32 weeks ago

The South West

True, the background of a photo is important too. This is why hotels are always a good place to take photos imo.

Dartford

"True, the background of a photo is important too. This is why hotels are always a good place to take photos imo."

Come on. Reveal the whole secret. Hotel bathrooms are the best.

Dartford

"True, the background of a photo is important too. This is why hotels are always a good place to take photos imo.

Come on. Reveal the whole secret. Hotel bathrooms are the best. "

All that says to me is that I have deleted all my good photos in case my wife catches me.

The West

"I prefer to just chuck a few up to date face pics on my profile ,so people can see what I look like right now . Surely its the face pic that people want to see ,not loads of photos using ropes , wearing a shirt with chest showing or flexing muscles. ? "

I think you've answered your own question in all honesty.

You could always start a thread and ask for feedback if you really wanted to know

By *oyInTheSquareMileWoman 32 weeks ago

Central London

Absolutely this! I almost never agree with ValleyDave on _anything_. But he is spot on here.

Different if you wanna be made to feel sexy by flattering forum comments, different if your self worth is measured in 'Fabs'... But, in terms of getting pussy - do what ValleyDave said.

I find some of the profiles with heaps of overly posed and 'sexy' photos off putting. It's wanky.

Like the difference between a ballroom dancer dancing salsa in sequins to look good for others and a salsa dancer dancing salsa in jeans to be fun for me. One will appeal to people watching Strictly on their sofa, the other is what I want to sweat with on a dance floor

The West

"I prefer to just chuck a few up to date face pics on my profile ,so people can see what I look like right now . Surely its the face pic that people want to see ,not loads of photos using ropes , wearing a shirt with chest showing or flexing muscles. ?

Absolutely this! I almost never agree with ValleyDave on _anything_. But he is spot on here.

Different if you wanna be made to feel sexy by flattering forum comments, different if your self worth is measured in 'Fabs'... But, in terms of getting pussy - do what ValleyDave said.

I find some of the profiles with heaps of overly posed and 'sexy' photos off putting. It's wanky.

Like the difference between a ballroom dancer dancing salsa in sequins to look good for others and a salsa dancer dancing salsa in jeans to be fun for me. One will appeal to people watching Strictly on their sofa, the other is what I want to sweat with on a dance floor "

It's a fair point.

I want to attract people that are interested in the same type of creativity and aesthetics as me.

By *imi_RougeWoman 32 weeks ago

Portsmouth

We like both.

Sheffield

"I prefer to just chuck a few up to date face pics on my profile ,so people can see what I look like right now . Surely its the face pic that people want to see ,not loads of photos using ropes , wearing a shirt with chest showing or flexing muscles. ?

Like the difference between a ballroom dancer dancing salsa in sequins to look good for others and a salsa dancer dancing salsa in jeans to be fun for me. One will appeal to people watching Strictly on their sofa, the other is what I want to sweat with on a dance floor

It's a fair point.

I want to attract people that are interested in the same type of creativity and aesthetics as me. "

But you don't show your face .Now I may be old, but surely people want to see someone's face to see if their is am attraction .

The West

It's a fair point.

I want to attract people that are interested in the same type of creativity and aesthetics as me.

But you don't show your face .Now I may be old, but surely people want to see someone's face to see if their is am attraction ."

The evidence would point to the contrary.

But seen as how you asked.

It's very rare for anyone in Ireland on fab to post facepics.

It's s a quite bit smaller here than the UK and the fab culture is centered around discretion.

We do ok though.

You never responded about my proposal to post a thread for feedback on your profile.

Could be of benefit.

Great Dunmow

Like the difference between a ballroom dancer dancing salsa in sequins to look good for others and a salsa dancer dancing salsa in jeans to be fun for me. One will appeal to people watching Strictly on their sofa, the other is what I want to sweat with on a dance floor "

Not sure if that is a dig at me but I can assure you Forum comments and Fabs mean nothing to me. I get what you are saying that some go too far on the arty stuff and face is important. I have my face in private and will swap pretty quickly if it looks like being reciprocated. "In terms of getting pussy do what ValleyDave says" - I think that might be first time anybody has ever typed those words as he doesn't seem to be able to meet anybody. Anyway to keep going with your analogy your salsa dancer in jeans probably still needs a few pics showing he is a salsa dancer to get your attention among thousands of others

The West

I don't think it was a dig. Just preference.

By *ink vixenCouple 32 weeks ago

Medway

Always have in of you holding a fish, one leaning on a motorbike and at least one of you balls deep in some unidentified woman.

Guaranteed success both on here and on Tinder.

Great Dunmow

"I don't think it was a dig. Just preference."

Well this bit was not a preference but expressing a judgment on motivations of people who make a bit effort on pics and don't just put up face pics. I'll survive

"Different if you wanna be made to feel sexy by flattering forum comments, different if your self worth is measured in 'Fabs'."

Great Dunmow

"Always have in of you holding a fish, one leaning on a motorbike and at least one of you balls deep in some unidentified woman.

Guaranteed success both on here and on Tinder. "

Do you suggest being naked or clothed when holding the fish?

Southend, Essex

"Always have in of you holding a fish, one leaning on a motorbike and at least one of you balls deep in some unidentified woman.

I have already got the balls deep in an unidentified women. But that's in my private photos. Other two sounds lik I need to have a midlife crises lol

Central London

"I don't think it was a dig. Just preference."

Yes, this. I'm glad you understood!

I've enjoyed meeting people who are very good at snaps and also people with no public ones at all.

The poster who was worried it was a dig is blocked for me (I block lots of people) so I can't see his snaps anyway. But your yours are lovely. They wouldn't make much difference to if I felt like meeting you. But for looking at they are nice

Great Dunmow

[Removed by poster at 28/09/23 08:58:53]

Great Dunmow

"I don't think it was a dig. Just preference.

I've enjoyed meeting people who are very good at snaps and also people with no public ones at all.

The poster who was worried it was a dig is blocked for me (I block lots of people) so I can't see his snaps anyway. But your yours are lovely. They wouldn't make much difference to if I felt like meeting you. But for looking at they are nice "

This bit is not expressing a preference but giving a view on why some people post pics and commenting on how they see their self worth. Perhaps true for some but most just want to show their sexy side and do their best to meet others and it seems to work generally for many.

"Different if you wanna be made to feel sexy by flattering forum comments, different if your self worth is measured in 'Fabs'."

The West

[Removed by poster at 28/09/23 09:39:53]

Central London

Images are evocative. Sometimes that's what they make me feel. May or may not be the case. But for sure some profiles that's the impression their images create for me. It was a comment on the impact of the images on an individual single F not a psychological assessment. You do you xx

The West

Sound advice. And if I may reciprocate to all the females out there who just can't get verified.

Get those glistening vulvas out. The closer the better.

And if you don't have a photo of you at a wedding or on top of a mountain in your dating profile, are you even trying?

And filters ladies. Filters!

Central London

The mountain one is the one where I'm gonna be doing a cartwheel and living my best life, right?

The West

"The mountain one is the one where I'm gonna be doing a cartwheel and living my best life, right? "

Abseiling is where it's at!

The West

The poster who was worried it was a dig is blocked for me (I block lots of people) so I can't see his snaps anyway. But your yours are lovely. They wouldn't make much difference to if I felt like meeting you. But for looking at they are nice "

Thanks for the compliment

By *heelerMan 32 weeks ago

Northants

Take photos with a timer and standalone so that way you have time to look your best

By *illy IdolMan 32 weeks ago

Somewhere near the middle

"Mate ,you have 25 meet verifications. I don't have any .I should be asking you for advice ."

Central London

[Removed by poster at 28/09/23 19:31:13]

Central London

"Abseiling is where it's at!"

OMFG back in the days when I used to real-date I _totally_ had a bouldering ass picture. The smile, which was not really the focus of the image, was pretty cute and genuinely happy - because the snap was taken by a FB I met on CL...

I was never, tbf, very good at exclusively "proper" dating

The West

"Abseiling is where it's at!

OMFG back in the days when I used to real-date I _totally_ had a bouldering ass picture. The smile, which was not really the focus of the image, was pretty cute and genuinely happy - because the snap was taken by a FB I met on CL...

I was never, tbf, very good at exclusively "proper" dating "

Ha ha! I almost wrote bouldering!

Southend, Essex

"Abseiling is where it's at!

I was never, tbf, very good at exclusively "proper" dating

Ha ha! I almost wrote bouldering!"

That's an interesting way to call a man's bum. He had a bouldering ass.

Central London

"That's an interesting way to call a man's bum. He had a bouldering ass."

Dancer's dimples... those two little places either side of a male dancer's ass... I'd never select for it... But fuck me I like it

The West

"That's an interesting way to call a man's bum. He had a bouldering ass.

Dancer's dimples... those two little places either side of a male dancer's ass... I'd never select for it... But fuck me I like it "

I totally didn't just go check out all the photos I have of my butt for dimples

Central London

"I totally didn't just go check out all the photos I have of my butt for dimples "

Peachy is cute too... There is one in my Inbox with nice ones right now but his snaps are not overly y'know so I'm keeping him for myself... Look up bloch (other ballet brands are available) men's ballet tights. Pick a rear view in a pale colour... (I totally checked the hot snaps on here first - vomit face - all penises fabbed by dudes and twink style asses at best... not useful!)

The West

"I totally didn't just go check out all the photos I have of my butt for dimples

Peachy is cute too... There is one in my Inbox with nice ones right now but his snaps are not overly y'know so I'm keeping him for myself... Look up bloch (other ballet brands are available) men's ballet tights. Pick a rear view in a pale colour... (I totally checked the hot snaps on here first - vomit face - all penises fabbed by dudes and twink style asses at best... not useful!) "

That's interesting. I just happen to be shopping for ballet wear this evening.

I already own a number of pairs of male ballet tights. There a pic in my friends photos... They are quite expensive. I'll check out that brand. Thank you kindly.

Hot pics is a bit of fun. A few of my pics have made it up there but it's not that hard in Ireland. Never felt the need to show anything more than my body outside of my friends photos.

Sheffield

Not sure if that is a dig at me but I can assure you Forum comments and Fabs mean nothing to me. I get what you are saying that some go too far on the arty stuff and face is important. I have my face in private and will swap pretty quickly if it looks like being reciprocated. "In terms of getting pussy do what ValleyDave says" - I think that might be first time anybody has ever typed those words as he doesn't seem to be able to meet anybody. Anyway to keep going with your analogy your salsa dancer in jeans probably still needs a few pics showing he is a salsa dancer to get your attention among thousands of others "

You are right , I havnt met anyone in well over a year on here ,but I suppose single blokes with loads of meet verifications can afford to sit in their ivory towers having a dig at us that havnt had any success on here .

Sheffield

Well this bit was not a preference but expressing a judgment on motivations of people who make a bit effort on pics and don't just put up face pics. I'll survive

"Different if you wanna be made to feel sexy by flattering forum comments, different if your self worth is measured in 'Fabs'.""

From a personal point of view ,when viewing a profile, I look for a face pic ,not ropes ,open shirts ,bare chests , arse checks, stood at a window with only back showing, or photos of bare torso with towel wrapped around .

Why do you think that people taking face pics show no effort .?

The West

I like to see face pics. I think it's a shame that in Ireland people don't post them but the country and the scene is so small that privacy takes precedence.

That said. If a woman's profile had 13 selfies and nothing else it would be an incomplete picture of that person as a whole for me.

I towards what attracts me. Just like everyone else.

By *rancois Du BoisMan 32 weeks ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

From a personal point of view ,when viewing a profile, I look for a face pic ,not ropes ,open shirts ,bare chests , arse checks, stood at a window with only back showing, or photos of bare torso with towel wrapped around .

Why do you think that people taking face pics show no effort .?"

Are you having a dig at me? What’s wrong with rope pics?

» Add a new message to this topic