FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Is it time to call it a day?

Is it time to call it a day?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irthKing97 OP   Man 27 weeks ago

beccles

Hello all, I’ve been on here over a year now, I’ve always been respectful to anyone I talk to on here, I’m not pushy, I’ve made sure to keep my profile updating regularly while putting effort into writing it. Haven’t yet to find someone to even have a social with. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong. Is it time to call it quits on here? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izandpaulCouple 27 weeks ago

merseyside

"Hello all, I’ve been on here over a year now, I’ve always been respectful to anyone I talk to on here, I’m not pushy, I’ve made sure to keep my profile updating regularly while putting effort into writing it. Haven’t yet to find someone to even have a social with. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong. Is it time to call it quits on here? x"

Have you attended an organised social, party or club night?

They are great ways to get to know like minded folk in an easy going environment.

Give them a whirl.

beccles

I would certainly like too, I’m abit nervous about going to one if I’m honest though aha

By *xposedInTheMaleMan 27 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

Don't be nervous - they're just normal people!

It's just a chance to chat and get to know some people - nothing scary happens.

By *hree_into_oneCouple 27 weeks ago

lymm

I can only advise what we look for: straight, nice cock pics, good write up. Nothing at all against Bi but soon after its mentioned we go to next profile, personally i would go for one or the other. Only my opinion of course.

By *izandpaulCouple 27 weeks ago

merseyside

"I would certainly like too, I’m abit nervous about going to one if I’m honest though aha "

And there lies a big turnoff for a lady like me.

A grown man too afraid to nip along to a social.

Not asking you to skydive, hunt down sharks or climb a mountain, just tip up at a pub with a few others.

Men asking to have their hand held isn't a great sign.

Go on, get yourself showered, shaved, some toothpaste, some nice clothes bite the bullet a get yourself out there.

Good luck.

By *aughtyLittlePicsCouple 27 weeks ago

Derby

Honestly we find going to the local pub or the thought of an actual nightclub more intimidating.

At least at a swingers club you all have something in common. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet

By *randMrsLPCouple 27 weeks ago

london

go to a club - judging by some posts on these forums many couples loking for gang bangs and we've had a few contacts from guys where their veris are full of these meets etc

possibly post a thread offering yourself as a gang-banh guy but i guy need to be vwe

By *ophieslutTV/TS 27 weeks ago

Central

If your expectations have been realistic and your efforts are commensurate with being a swinger and using a swinging website, then only you can decide. If you gave it your all, were 100% engaged as a swinger and you aren't able to give more, then it may be. Or you could shift your expectations, visit more swinging clubs, more of the time and sell yourself differently, etc. You decide.

By *revaunanceCouple 27 weeks ago

Exeter

"Is it time to call it quits on here?"

Only you can truly answer this question for yourself.

Let's be honest you have been on here for over 18 months and have not been 'succesful', but that could be down to many things. No one other than you knows how often you log in, whether you use the chatroom, whether you send 100 messages a day or one a month. There are so many variables that only you know the truth too, so only you know whether it's time to call it quits or not.

However, on a slightly more positive note, you're a young and attractive guy and you can clearly string a sentence together in written form, so your probably just as capable of communicating verbally. You're going to be too old for some, but that doeasn't mean all, so focus on those that want to meet a young man like you.

As others have said, getting offline and meeting in person is usually the best way of getting yourself known. Everyone understands that it can be nerve wracking to turn up for an event and not know anyone, but then again almost all of us have been in that boat at some point and got over it. You'll find that people have their guard up far less in person than online so starting off a conversation is easier.

If you can't bring yourself to go to a club, then try a social; there is one in Norwich next weekend. What harm can having a few drinks with likeminded people really do?

Stay or go, it's your call. Good luck whatever you decide

By *alandNitaCouple 27 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Only you can decide if it's not for you.

As others have said clubs and socials are a great way to meet people. Your relative youth will also be less of an issue.

Have you also considered changing the way you interact or updating your profile? Maybe a photo of you looking happy would help, as most are more likely to engage with people who seem friendly.

Nita

beccles

I have found a social to go to on Saturday so I’m looking forward to that.

Ahaha it’s not that I’m not friendly, if I’m taking a selfie I find it pretty hard to force a smile and not have it look really bad lmao.

I’ll have to get some more pics sorted out

By *ophieslutTV/TS 27 weeks ago

Central

"I have found a social to go to on Saturday so I’m looking forward to that.

Ahaha it’s not that I’m not friendly, if I’m taking a selfie I find it pretty hard to force a smile and not have it look really bad lmao.

I’ll have to get some more pics sorted out "

Natural, unposed pics are great to me and smiles are winners . Perhaps get a mate to take pics unaware from your perspective.

Good that you have a social lined up

By (user no longer on site) 27 weeks ago

Be confident respectful and most of all....breathe and relax. It will happen

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple 27 weeks ago

Somerset

"Nothing at all against Bi but soon after its mentioned we go to next profile, personally i would go for one or the other. Only my opinion of course. "
Here’s another opinion. Stick to being honest. Fair play for stating you are bi, don’t go for one of the other just to get laid. We are not currently looking for single guys but wouldn’t go near one that lied about being straight on their profile then approached us saying they were really bi.

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman 27 weeks ago

Edinburgh-ish

"I would certainly like too, I’m abit nervous about going to one if I’m honest though aha

And there lies a big turnoff for a lady like me.

A grown man too afraid to nip along to a social.

Not asking you to skydive, hunt down sharks or climb a mountain, just tip up at a pub with a few others.

Men asking to have their hand held isn't a great sign.

Go on, get yourself showered, shaved, some toothpaste, some nice clothes bite the bullet a get yourself out there.

Good luck. "

Absolutely agree. There have been plenty guys I've asked if they have been to clubs/socials and when they say "I would need someone to go with" or similar it's a real turn off that they don't have the confidence/social skills to turn up and interact with others!

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 27 weeks ago

Southampton

"Hello all, I’ve been on here over a year now, I’ve always been respectful to anyone I talk to on here, I’m not pushy, I’ve made sure to keep my profile updating regularly while putting effort into writing it. Haven’t yet to find someone to even have a social with. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong. Is it time to call it quits on here? x"

Damn Shame you're so far away

By (user no longer on site) 27 weeks ago

Go to a club best place to meet people.

Mr here. When I was single, I met a few people off here, then just started going to clubs.

We just use fab to chat with friends and many do, these days.

By *ucka39Man 27 weeks ago

Newcastle

Just a reminder there is no fab pension so stick around use other parts of the site. Move around the chat rooms can be pretty addictive chatting with others really getting to know them and those going live

By *alleyDaveMan 27 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Go to a club best place to meet people.

Mr here. When I was single, I met a few people off here, then just started going to clubs.

We just use fab to chat with friends and many do, these days. "

What about us that arnt interested in clubs and organised socials. ?

By *entle_lover_xMan 27 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

What about us that arnt interested in clubs and organised socials. ?"

Call it a day - nobody owes you anything here.

Actually while clubs and organised socials can help, vast majority of people meeting are doing it privately by them by contacting people or them contacting you. But if it's not working for you and affecting you negatively then....

Call if day.

By *exbecs12Woman 27 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

Hi op.

No nothing wrong. Single men have a high ratio compared to women on here.

It could be for various reasons because of the large volume of single men.

Give it time.. A year is a while to be here but it takes that to find a good connection.

Good luck.

By *allySlinkyWoman 27 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Then you will find it harder to meet people

By *oiluvfunMan 27 weeks ago

Penrith

You should try going to a club one time Dave. Think about it; what have you got to lose? If you don't have the best time, you can answer all your critics in here who recommend you go to clubs, and say no, that wasn't for me, or, you could have an amazing time, and you start a new chapter of fun in your life! You'll never know, unless you give it a go though

By *electableicecreamMan 27 weeks ago

The West

I go to social events by myself whenever I get the chance and it's been a total game changer.

It's only hard the first time

Don't forget most single guys don't go to socials

Read that again

There's a lot of kudos for turning up.

beccles

"I go to social events by myself whenever I get the chance and it's been a total game changer.

Read that again

There's a lot of kudos for turning up. "

I’ve put my name down to go to a social on Saturday so hopefully that goes well

Great Dunmow

"I go to social events by myself whenever I get the chance and it's been a total game changer.

Read that again

There's a lot of kudos for turning up. "

Well this is true. Organised one a few years back that started off great but the day before they started dropping like flies. Ended up with more ladies than men. Not always true but a lot do drop out just before. Heard of a party near me a few weeks ago with a heavy social element (many don't play) where seven men didn't turn up and didn't even let the host know. Any who did turn up had a great time I would imagine.

Great Dunmow

Read that again

I’ve put my name down to go to a social on Saturday so hopefully that goes well "

Great. Hope you have fun. Make sure your car is working, all family members are healthy and that no last minute overtime as best you can. These problems seem very common amongst Fab members just before socials

By *electableicecreamMan 27 weeks ago

The West

Read that again

I’ve put my name down to go to a social on Saturday so hopefully that goes well

Great. Hope you have fun. Make sure your car is working, all family members are healthy and that no last minute overtime as best you can. These problems seem very common amongst Fab members just before socials "

Check your pets are in good health too!

Fair play OP and good luck to you.

By *oupleSouthEast69Couple 27 weeks ago

brighton

You know what about those who aren't interested because you complain about it all the time - you get little/no response. If you don't like that outcome that's your issue. You aren't owed a successful swinging experience.

» Add a new message to this topic