FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > coil yes or no??

coil yes or no??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tu and Chez OP   Couple  over a year ago

leicestershire

Hi guys i wanted to ask u ladies out there who have a coil fitted or had in the past? My Dr has recommended that i have the marina coil for regulating totm (not for contraceptive as im sterilized) but i really don't know? im worried about any sexual partners and them hitting it with the end of their penis on it and other possible side effects. has anyone had one and how did u get on with it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mrs J has been on the Marina coil for about seven years.

She was sold it as a way of stopping her periods , which it didn't .

It's great for us two as we don't bother with condoms other than swinging .

It used to be good fun either me or better still watching her checking it was still in but we have got used to it now.

Yes, when the cord was stiff I could feel it now and again on my penis , but not anymore .

It's great !!.

I had mine fitted 8 weeks ago and it's wonderful, not conplaints so far about it hitting the end. Previously though years back I had one and had it trimmed down and my ex used to complain so had it removed. The nurse recently explained that if you leave the threads longish, just the size they are put in at they curve around the cervix, if you get them trimmed short they can curve round, so they poke out, like if you cut your hair really short it sticks out!! This is what happened years ago with the ex. But no problems at all now, just don't get them trimmed x

leicestershire

Thanks guys great advise im still making my mind up xx

Hi

My g/f had one and I never felt it x

I had to have it removed. I had nothing but trouble with it. I was bleeding continuously for over 3 months. Ive recently had an endemetrial ablation so hoping that works or its a hysterectomy for me. Hope you have more luck than me. Its worked for lots of my friends. x

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Try the mini pill as a road test, it's the same hormones.

They made me aggressive and weepy and I just couldn't get on with them so was really pleased they tried that before fitting a mirena.

Btw coil strings soften after a short while so if it is prickly it won't be for long.

Not a lady but my ex had it and it provided great convenience...for sex...it almost completely stopped her period, certainly made them much shorter and lighter when she did have them.

However, she was in heaps of pain when it was put in...

From my side, never felt anything, maybe I am too small

By *ustus222Couple  over a year ago

Newburgh

Got mine in last year. I needed contraception but was kinda sold on the lighter periods aspect too...(more time for sex, see).

Was a real bother for first 6 weeks...constant bleeding. Then, bleeding stopped altogether. Haven't had a problem since. Mr M says he only feels the threads after he cums, when his cock is more sensitive. Other than that - it's been a good choice for me.

Good luck.

By *etes-dragonCouple  over a year ago

Wales and the South West

Im due to have a Mirena fitted in the next couple of weeks as I have fibroids and PCOS. And the fibroids are giving me a lot of pain. So this is interesting to read. Im scared the pain is going to be the worse... or its not going to work! Will have to wait and see I guess

"Try the mini pill as a road test, it's the same hormones.

They made me aggressive and weepy and I just couldn't get on with them so was really pleased they tried that before fitting a mirena.

Btw coil strings soften after a short while so if it is prickly it won't be for long."

I had issues with the mini pill, albeit many years ago. I was worried I would have the same symptoms when I had my Mirena fitted, but as the hormones in the coil are a significantly lower dosage than the mini pill, and targetted at the correct area, I was pleased to find I had no reactions at all.

My periods are much reduced - they haven't stopped completely - but I don't need to wear tampons now, a panty liner takes care of the small amount of blood. I was close to needing treatment for endometriosis, but the reduced bleeding has taken the pain away quite significantly.

I have had one complaint about the string, in a 'legs behind my ears' position he got prodded. I was quite pleased cos I was uncomfortable too! That was after six months so I'm not sure how long they take to soften. I think feeling them or not has a lot to do with your own internal anatomy - my cervix is tilted and a long way back - took the doc a while even to find it!

"Im due to have a Mirena fitted in the next couple of weeks as I have fibroids and PCOS. And the fibroids are giving me a lot of pain. So this is interesting to read. Im scared the pain is going to be the worse... or its not going to work! Will have to wait and see I guess "

It does hurt when it's fitted, I took painkillers beforehand as you're advised but it still made me wince a lot. But I found the real pain was only during the procedure. Had normal period pain cramping for a couple of hours, then....nothing. I even played the same evening (don't think you're supposed to though )

I'm not aware it will help PCOS (which I also suffer from ) but overall I wish I'd done it years ago - love my coil.

Oh and have it fitted whilst on your period!!! This time round it felt like a smear no pain and only light cramps afterwards for 2 days nothing major, my first period afterwards was 9 days when usually I'm only on for 2 days, but was lighter and haven't had anything inbetween. When I tried mini pill I was constant sludge, sorry but yak!!

In had it fitte not for periods as mine where regular and only 2 days long, but as a secondary back up in case condom fails!! Scares me so much x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I had a mirena for years and it suited me very well, (I tried the mini pill but it turned me into a depressed zombie). Mr N did feel it a couple of times but it never put him off. It was uncomfortable having them put in I agree but its shortlived discomfort compared to the gains.

We did wonder if a guy wearing a condom hit the strings or the end of it if it might compromise the safety aspect though.

"Oh and have it fitted whilst on your period!!! This time round it felt like a smear no pain and only light cramps afterwards for 2 days nothing major, my first period afterwards was 9 days when usually I'm only on for 2 days, but was lighter and haven't had anything inbetween. When I tried mini pill I was constant sludge, sorry but yak!!

In had it fitte not for periods as mine where regular and only 2 days long, but as a secondary back up in case condom fails!! Scares me so much x"

had mine in a while and its the best thing ive done....even tho i was in pain for the 1st couple of weeks xx

I have had mine for 6 months and I can not take any more than 7 inches. It hurts

[Removed by poster at 26/02/13 17:50:59]

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Got mine put in last May for very heavy bleeding. At first it was a pain - I bled for three weeks straight, and my fb said he could feel the strings.

However, now it is great. It is worth giving it time to settle. I have few periods now and when I do they are so light as to be almost non-existent. And no strings can be felt.

My fb is also VWE and I have no problems with it - same as before the coil.

Some reports from women say they make you gain weight - that's rubbish. If anything I dropped weight - but that was nothing to do with the coil - it was just healthy eating and exercise.

"I have had mine for 6 months and I can not take any more than 7 inches. It hurts "

If it kinda hits a spots and feels uncomfy I just move pelvis slightly and it's fine x

On my 2nd Mirena coil and luckily I have never had any problems. There was some discomfort when fitted, but nothing worse than a smear test and my periods stopped almost immediately. No PMT, no weight gain, no bloating, no 'period' symptoms at all. I've not felt any discomfort during sex and neither has the OH, well not to my knowledge lol. Best thing I ever did

I must say getting the mirena was the best thing I've ever done probably... I haven't had any problems with it since having it fitted two years ago. No periods, PMS, weight gain...! It's brilliant, I can't recommend it enough!! Do it!

I have had mine fitted 5 years ago and just had it changed, have not had any problems and would recommend it every time

leicestershire

thanks guys i think i will give it ago i can always have it taken out if its not suitable. I need to get my bleeding under control i don't get pain never have just very heavy i have had a scan and i have adenomyosis so just need to make the appointment xx

"

thanks guys i think i will give it ago i can always have it taken out if its not suitable. I need to get my bleeding under control i don't get pain never have just very heavy i have had a scan and i have adenomyosis so just need to make the appointment xx"

Yay! Just a little tip, before I went to my fitting appointment I've had a fair bit of Rescue Remedy for relaxation and a few ibuprofens in advance for the mild cramps that followed after. My GP wholeheartedly supported my forward thinking Good luck! x

I had the coil fitted 5months ago and so far so good. It was uncomfortable during fitting and for a week or so after I got a lot of period type cramps, but after that there were no problems. My periods haven't totally stopped but they are getting lighter each time and less frequent, so you never know

Hubby doesn't feel it, unless he is using his fingers.

I've not had any weight gain, in fact I have finally been able to lose some weight since coming off the mini pill and having the coil fitted. My mood swings are far more under control now too. Best thing I ever did really.

Hopefully this is of some help to you.

I [ trixi] don't comment much in the forums, but love to read them. However I just had to post on this one. I am now 55 and from the age of approx 45 I had the worst periods ever. I could not leave the house for the first 3 days, as it was like a running tap. My mum had breast cancer the year before, and so I was worried about the hormones in the mini pill and the Mirena coil, I was advised by my gp to have a D and C, to remove polyps and have the Mirena coil fitted. I said no to the coil, but as I went under anaesthetic I changed my mind and had it fitted...And let me tell you it was the best decision I have ever made...I have not had a period or any problems in that area since. I have a life now . as before I couldn't make love with my husband for months on end as I would bleed for weeks and weeks. Have a good chat with your Gp and if he says you should have it, then try it...good luck xxxx

Hi, I am also on my second coil

Not had a single period since I had the first one fitted 6 years ago nor any side effects

I had problems with mood swings on the pill so had to stop taking it

First one hurt like hell to fit and had cramps for a couple of hours after. I was worried about the removal and refitting of the next one but it was more uncomfortable than painful and no worse than a smear test

I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone xxx

I have always had coils as hormonal contraceptions did not suit me.

I got a Mirena fitted back in 2009 and it suited me fine.

None of my playmates had mentioned being able to feel it during sex.

Dirty had one fitted a couple of years ago, ended up in A&E with severe pain, she couldn't move for the pain. Turned out so the doctor said, to have been fitted incorrectly, broke and pierced the uterus!

So I had the snip instead ,,,, worse experience of my life! Lol

By *scariMan  over a year ago

Taunton

my Fb had one fitted and suffered with lots of pain and bleeding for three weeks, felt like something stabbing me and made me very sore!

Thankfully she got it taken out.

I am on my second mirena (because of fibroids causing irregular and prolonged periods)i was in quite a lot of discomfort for about an hour after first one but second one was just the same as having a smear. Unfortunately they haven't helped with periods. However my sister is also on her second and her periods have stopped.

» Add a new message to this topic