FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Starting conversations here

Starting conversations here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xplorer890 OP   Man 19 weeks ago

Glasgow

Hi, would love to know the best way to start a conversation on this site.

The rare times I get a reply never leads to a second reply.

Any advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elkieWoman 19 weeks ago

Durham

Ask two open ended questions and give them enough information about yourself that they can ask a question.

Glasgow

Thanks for replying.

Do you have any examples?

By *rpeggioCouple 19 weeks ago

Baughurst

Example 1: Read the profile and ask about something that you would like to know that is not in the profile.

Example 2: comment on something you agree and you are alike, or something you are different.

By *impcuckMan 19 weeks ago

edge of taunton

if you have to ask how to talk or message people then how will you fare acually meeting ?

not being nasty just dont see how it will work for you swinging is a very social lifestyle

By *hrimper36Couple 19 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

"if you have to ask how to talk or message people then how will you fare acually meeting ?

not being nasty just dont see how it will work for you swinging is a very social lifestyle "

^^^^^^^^^ This man knows his onions.

You are promoting you op not someone from the forums so just be you and if that doesn’t work then that’s just natural selection at work for you.

Good luck

Be you.

T

By *imisugarWoman 19 weeks ago

Rugby

"if you have to ask how to talk or message people then how will you fare acually meeting ?

not being nasty just dont see how it will work for you swinging is a very social lifestyle "

It has to come authentically from you and how you'd naturally talk to others. Consider how you'd like to be messaged and work from there.

Reading the profile before messaging is always a good start.

Glasgow

Talking to someone face to face is easier than getting someone's attention on here.

That message was not helpful.

By *assy LassieWoman 19 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Talking to someone face to face is easier than getting someone's attention on here.

That message was not helpful."

None of the advice matters. If someone wants to reply they will. Be you! No point in trying to be anything else or convo will die very quickly anyway

Baughurst

"Talking to someone face to face is easier than getting someone's attention on here.

That message was not helpful.

None of the advice matters. If someone wants to reply they will. Be you! No point in trying to be anything else or convo will die very quickly anyway"

This

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 19 weeks ago

Telford

If someone is interested they will reply in my experience it's that simple.

If I'm messaging someone I'll read their profile and make a comment about something they've said or what they're looking for. I might compliment a photo or photos in a respectful way. Just introduce myself and see if they reply with interest or not.

By *xposedInTheMaleMan 19 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

Only message people you feel a connection to, and then it will be easy.

If you message people just because they're hot, then it will almost certainly lead nowhere.

I can honestly say no-one I have played with ever initially emailed me just because they thought I was hot.

By *alleyDaveMan 19 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Hi, would love to know the best way to start a conversation on this site.

Any advice?"

Hi mate . Having been on here a long time , I have found that if you are not meet verified, then your chances of getting ant replies are between slim and zero.

Hope your luck changes buddy .

Baughurst

"Hi, would love to know the best way to start a conversation on this site.

Any advice?

Hi mate . Having been on here a long time , I have found that if you are not meet verified, then your chances of getting ant replies are between slim and zero.

Hope your luck changes buddy ."

__

OP says he gets replies sometimes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Central

Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people. Thus the majority of chats fizzle out. Expect this and play the numbers game, chatting with many to find the few. Be honest, respectful and yourself. Meet people at clubs and do the same

By *glyBettyTV/TS 19 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

A couple of approaches you could take..

Say something highly controversial or politically charged in your very first message.

I don't know, something like "so what about that Suella Braverman, eh? Ain't she a character, if not a looker.. "

Or you could just go straight for the jugular with, "hello, I'm a very successful stock broker & I'm looking for a wench to accompany me on my 2 month trip to Dubai early next spring"

First impressions of a profile are key. Consider changing your username to "Adam Bucks". You know the name Adam Bucks just oozes 'successful man with large penis' & girls will want to message you more than once

By *reenleavesCouple 19 weeks ago

North Wales

Honestly, it's more about choosing your audience properly than what you actually say. If someone is online all the time and had recent meet veries from guys similar to you then, chances are, they're looking to meet and will reply.

If they are 'active' and are looking to meet, be friendly and normal but also direct. Most couples / women get swamped with messages so you get one chance to make a good first impression before you get passed by. Include in your opening message when and where you could be free to meet. If their veris are mostly club based, mention that you could meet them there. Most guys seem to be fantasists so having an actionable plan up front would set you apart. It might also make you sound pushy to some so it's a gamble.

We haven't met anyone in almost 4 years and we're not looking to meet single guys yet we get 10ish messages a week from blokes. The first line of our profile says we're not meeting. We'll reply to the odd one that has a funny message but generally they get deleted unread.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 19 weeks ago

Cumbria

That message was not helpful."

Maybe you just didn’t like the message?

You have to have something to talk about, and it really should be about them. If you message people saying something along the lines of “hi, you’re hot” and then have no patter where they say “thanks” then why would they want to say any more? You’re a single male, and on fab that is tough. It’s not like the real world. You have to put in the work, and it’s a lot of work, even then it will still probably take a long time to get what you want, if you ever do.

If you are prepared to put the work in then go for it, but whatever you do don’t start lots of negative threads on the forums about how women are stuck up and think they are better than they are etc. that really won’t help.

By *restonCouple555Couple 19 weeks ago

preston

"Thanks for replying.

Do you have any examples?"

My dude, if at 36 you need pointers on getting a conversation started, maybe witty banter isn't gonna be your ace card when it comes to making sexy friends.

It's okay, not everyone can be a smooth talker. My advice would be to figure out what your strengths are and lead with those.

And prepare yourself for rejection regardless. There are model-hot, rich, nobel prize-winning career raconteurs on here and they get knocked back all the time. For the rest of us normals, internet swinging has an astronomical failure rate. Don't despair though, there's people out there who would love to get busy with you, it just takes a while to find them.

» Add a new message to this topic