FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Bereavement

Bereavement

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any help appreciated, I know this isn't the usual swingers chat but I lost my dad a month ago very suddenly and would appreciate any words of wisdom out there

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Time is a great healer x sorry for your loss

"Any help appreciated, I know this isn't the usual swingers chat but I lost my dad a month ago very suddenly and would appreciate any words of wisdom out there

Thanks in advance"

i lost my mum suddenly in 2009 ,i think of her every day,but as times goes by it will get easier xx

Keep yourself busy buddy.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Take things at your own pace, everybody grieves at different rates and there is no time limit.

Sorry for your loss x

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

when my dad died it did not hit me for a good couple years,till something simple happened with one my kids and i thought must tell my mum and dad this, silly but kind hit me more then than it did at the time

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

These words from an old Viking poem called the Havamal are wise words;

Cattle die and kinsmen die,

thyself too soon must die,

but one thing never, I know, will die, --

fair fame of one who has earned.

the renown on each one dead.

In other words remember all the wonderful things your dad did, the things he is remembered for and the people he helped over the years - and keep them alive in your mind. That is the tribute you can keep for him always.

All the very best to you xx

"These words from an old Viking poem called the Havamal are wise words;

In other words remember all the wonderful things your dad did, the things he is remembered for and the people he helped over the years - and keep them alive in your mind. That is the tribute you can keep for him always.

All the very best to you xx"

We don't feel anybody ever gets over a loss, you just learn to live and cope better xx Time is a help as is remembering happier times, smile as you spent time together and not cry as they are gone xx

"Any help appreciated, I know this isn't the usual swingers chat but I lost my dad a month ago very suddenly and would appreciate any words of wisdom out there

Thanks in advance"

I Know you wont believe this but time does heal, you will never forget, but things do get easier. Think of all the good memories and always rememmber he will never be far from your side, he will watch over you and guide you. big hugs from us. xxxx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Thanks in advance"

We all grieve differently, so whatever you feel, sadness, anger etc will be unique to you: just don't repress it.

Take/seek any kind of bereavement counselling you can, they really do help.

It's still raw, but believe me, each day will get a little easier. I've buried both parents and a son: all died suddenly, but I've survived it, you will too.

My condolences to you.

My sympathy is with you. My advice for from tough experience is not rush into anything, don't try to change your world or make any decisions to cope.

Take the time needed to grieve, if you need to take time out to cope then do it, be selfish if you need to at this time.

Also sound advice from this forum I echo is remember the good times and the positive memories you have of your times together.

My thoughts are with you.

remember the good times - they will make you smile S xxx

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I'm sorry for your loss, its hard as you will hear something funny and think I must phone dad and tell him. I lost my mum 10 yrs ago I was a mess. I kept thinking she was only 56 a great foster parent. It was hard seeing my dad he was like a lost soul. It does take time but does get easier.

Im really sorry for your loss, I lost my dad 15 years ago. In ny experience the only thing i can say to you is that personally over the year i dont think the pain and the loss gets any easier. I just think that you learn to cope with life without them.

"These words from an old Viking poem called the Havamal are wise words;

All the very best to you xx"

Thank you

been there. done that.

time. only time. nothing but time.

Thank you to all and for your kind messages and words of wisdom, I've just had two hours with the Berevement councillor and don't know where the time went or what I said, but he did say the same that time will heal and I have to keep myself and my mind busy

Thanks again all x

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I've put this on here before, so apologies to thoise who have seen it before.

When my Mum died I found a piece of paper written by my Mum and felt sure she left it there for me.

I've changed one word

If my Dad could have spoke before he died

these are the words he would had said

Weep not for me and courage take,

and love each other for my sake

"I've put this on here before, so apologies to thoise who have seen it before.

When my Mum died I found a piece of paper written by my Mum and felt sure she left it there for me.

I've changed one word

If my Dad could have spoke before he died

these are the words he would had said

Weep not for me and courage take,

and love each other for my sake"

Thank you

Now and then raise a smile,

Give a wink, and raise a glass,

Always look up, and never down ,

Problems shared are problems halved

Always remember your dad is there

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

just a big hug from me . remember the good times . if you find yourself in a situation where you can say what would dad do . do what you think he would do because in that way he lives on through you

my mother died suddenly and it was the most painful thing thats ever happened to me. Even now I sometimes go to call her for advise just for a split second and then realise shes gone. Time is a great healer and I now talk about the funny wierd annoying things she used to do with great fondness and remember the good times with a smile. I miss her every day but the pain does fade with time xx

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking view

Really sorry for your loss.

You will never, ever forget him, but coping with him not being there will get easier in time.

Came across this recently -

"If ever there is a tomorrow

when we're not together.

There is something you must always remember.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,

and smarter than you think.

But the most important thing is,

even if we're apart...

I'll always be with you."

"Keep yourself busy buddy."

Yes, +1 here to that. I lost my dad in similar circumstances in December. I have got thru it by keeping busy and leaning on friends and family. I am also currently in the USA holidaying at family's place. If you can do that too, get away somewhere, get a change of scene, that tends to help, allows you to convalesce without the usual everyday hassles on your mind.

My condolences and best of luck with your recovery.

[Removed by poster at 14/03/13 21:03:35]

i lost my sons nanny (ex's side) 2 weeks ago suddenly, and i'm finding it hard to cope some days as was very close to her, and my son was too...but theres a card she sent me when i lost my dad which has a poem on it, which is lovely, ...

When somebody dies, a cloud turns into an angel and flies up to tell god to put another flower on a pillow.

Abird gives the message back to the world and sings a silent prayerthat makes the rain cry.

People disappear, but they never really go away.

The spirits up there put the sun to bed, wake up the grass and spin the earth in dizzy circles.

Sometimes you can see them up theredancing in a cloud, when they are supposed to be sleeping.

They paint the rainbows, and also the sunsets and make waves splash and tug at the tide.

They toss shooting stars and listen to wishes.

And when they sing wind songs, they whisper to us,

"don't miss me too much, the view is nice and i'm doing just fine.

This poem always makes me smile an think of her and my dad with love and fond memories.

As for your greiving process OP, time, it takes time. Even now, i still think after 7 yrs of my dad passing, he is still at work. Live, Laugh and love. My thoughts are with you xx

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Don't bottle up your grieving

Keep them alive in your thoughts everyday - don't shut all those memories in a drawer and never revisit them

Remember that they would want you to live a full life and above all, be happy

Your life is the richer for having shared all those times together - we are our own thoughts and the thoughts of others

Remember that that big hole in your heart will take a long time to heal, no one can ever replace that, but your family around you help a big way towards making it a smaller hole.

If you need help or it gets too much make sure you go get some help off your GP or whatever. It is a huge thing to deal with and others know you'll need help - don't be afraid to ask for it.

Remember you are the person that survives the person who is gone. You would not be here but for them - how wonderful is that?

I lost my Dad at 28, some lose them far younger than I was... this kind of thing happens all over the world each and every day. It's all part of life - one day it'll be our turn and someone else will be in our shoes again.

Take care, take it easy and mark time m8

Wolf

"i lost my sons nanny (ex's side) 2 weeks ago suddenly, and i'm finding it hard to cope some days as was very close to her, and my son was too...but theres a card she sent me when i lost my dad which has a poem on it, which is lovely, ...

When somebody dies, a cloud turns into an angel and flies up to tell god to put another flower on a pillow.

Abird gives the message back to the world and sings a silent prayerthat makes the rain cry.

People disappear, but they never really go away.

The spirits up there put the sun to bed, wake up the grass and spin the earth in dizzy circles.

Sometimes you can see them up theredancing in a cloud, when they are supposed to be sleeping.

They paint the rainbows, and also the sunsets and make waves splash and tug at the tide.

They toss shooting stars and listen to wishes.

And when they sing wind songs, they whisper to us,

"don't miss me too much, the view is nice and i'm doing just fine.

This poem always makes me smile an think of her and my dad with love and fond memories.

As for your greiving process OP, time, it takes time. Even now, i still think after 7 yrs of my dad passing, he is still at work. Live, Laugh and love. My thoughts are with you xx "

That's lovely thank you

Talk about him, speak his name often, laugh out loud at the things he said - helped me...

"Don't bottle up your grieving

Keep them alive in your thoughts everyday - don't shut all those memories in a drawer and never revisit them

Remember that they would want you to live a full life and above all, be happy

Your life is the richer for having shared all those times together - we are our own thoughts and the thoughts of others

Remember that that big hole in your heart will take a long time to heal, no one can ever replace that, but your family around you help a big way towards making it a smaller hole.

If you need help or it gets too much make sure you go get some help off your GP or whatever. It is a huge thing to deal with and others know you'll need help - don't be afraid to ask for it.

Remember you are the person that survives the person who is gone. You would not be here but for them - how wonderful is that?

I lost my Dad at 28, some lose them far younger than I was... this kind of thing happens all over the world each and every day. It's all part of life - one day it'll be our turn and someone else will be in our shoes again.

Take care, take it easy and mark time m8

Wolf

"

Had a two hour counselling session tonight and have another doctors appoinent Monday, thank you

Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts and messages, one very suprised guy with all the love here thanks again x

Lost my mum 3 years ago May. I still think of her every day. There is no right or wrong way to deal with it just take each day as it comes. Take bearvement counselling if u need it, I didnt and lost a fantastic relationship as a result.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Sorry for your loss,but take comfort from remembering the good times you had with him.memories last for ever so he will always be with you

Thanks in advance"

I lost both parents to cancer, at my age I found it really hard to the point of think suicidle but you need to think would your dad be happy knowing that your sad??

Beeston

"Really sorry for your loss.

You will never, ever forget him, but coping with him not being there will get easier in time.

Came across this recently -

"If ever there is a tomorrow

when we're not together.

There is something you must always remember.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,

and smarter than you think.

But the most important thing is,

even if we're apart...

I'll always be with you.""

Winnie the Poo. A very wise little bear

All the best to all of you who have lost someone.

I lost my dad end of Oct and was just thinking it was his hip he was going into hospital for and got sickness bug on top .... was a shock and still finding it hard to come to terms with ..... some day i just cry ,We was very close and a big part of my life .I feel he is missing from my life and like a wave it keep coming over me.. I now time heals but it still all real like yesterday .

Every day so far is hard

By *ldestswingerintownMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

time is no healer, because time changes the patient

Thoughts are with you...as the song says....Love Never Dies. Your thoughts of him will comfort you as well. Trust me, it does get better X

Sorry forgot you were a guy....delete the kiss...but remember the words ....

I know what your going through mate. My dad passed away two weeks ago and my grandad (dads dad) passed away last week.

I don't think it's hit me yet, I'm keeping busy though. I think about him everyday and think of the good times we had and say his name out loud.

My mum looks like a lost soul

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

To comfort you

I have lived

And in living I have given you

A special part of me

I have lived

And in knowing you and loving you

I have received a special part of you

I am no more

But you are with me

And I am with you

So live for me

Know that you take that special part of me

With you everywhere

I will see what you see

I will do what you do

I will share your laughter and your tears

I have taken with me that special part I received from you

That part of you that now feels dead is safe with me

It stays with me, it comforts me, I have you with me

In you is me

In me is you

Live for me

My daughters best friend died on their joint 18th birthday I wrote this from her friends point of view although I know it's how I.feel too

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"To comfort you

I have lived

And in living I have given you

A special part of me

I have lived

And in knowing you and loving you

I have received a special part of you

I am no more

But you are with me

And I am with you

So live for me

Know that you take that special part of me

With you everywhere

I will see what you see

I will do what you do

I will share your laughter and your tears

I have taken with me that special part I received from you

That part of you that now feels dead is safe with me

It stays with me, it comforts me, I have you with me

In you is me

In me is you

Live for me

My daughters best friend died on their joint 18th birthday I wrote this from her friends point of view although I know it's how I.feel too"

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

Grief is the price we pay for love.

My mother died when I was 20 and she was only 38. I still miss her 26 years on and always will but all the grief I have felt in the past 26 years and the grief I will feel until the end of my life will never surmount the love she brought to my life.

The grief you feel is just a small thing in comparison to the love your dad gave you and it will become easier to bear in time.

Xxxx

"Every day so far is hard"
Its hard i know but we have to live .. my dad would hate me feeling to unhappy ..... i hope one day i feel his spirit around me ... I don't think i can right now as have my own grief .. Big hugs xxxxx time will heal us x and make us strong again .. and we will smile when we think of them.

Thanks again everyone

By *wencatWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

So sorry for your loss , and has been said we never forget our loved ones just learn to function without them it does get easier with time and u feel better then we get a bad day and we miss em like crazy again xx

By *uriouscouple26Couple  over a year ago

longfield

Sorry to hear, google the grieving process and it might help you understand the rollercoaster of emotions you go through, xi did that and things made sense x

Just an open update I'm having the counselling and I'm back at the doctors on Monday to have another chat, he did initially think there was some depression too but I don't know

Thanks everyone sincerely

Bucks

"Just an open update I'm having the counselling and I'm back at the doctors on Monday to have another chat, he did initially think there was some depression too but I don't know

Thanks everyone sincerely "

you have done the right thing,and I hope you get on well x

"Just an open update I'm having the counselling and I'm back at the doctors on Monday to have another chat, he did initially think there was some depression too but I don't know

Thanks everyone sincerely you have done the right thing,and I hope you get on well x"

Thank you

Bucks

Thanks everyone sincerely "

you have done the right thing,and I hope you get on well x

Thanks everyone sincerely you have done the right thing,and I hope you get on well x"

Thanks x

Bucks

Thanks everyone sincerely you have done the right thing,and I hope you get on well x

Thank you "

sorry have sent message twice am using my phone at work

Overwealmed with all the comments and nice messages thanks guys girls and couples

Another update I'm still here all, doctors at 9 in the morning to discuss stuff

"Another update I'm still here all, doctors at 9 in the morning to discuss stuff "

Good luck huni it will get easier with time xx

Hey bud !

Those that have been in the forums a while will have seen me post this before because I think it just adds some context and comfort in what is a difficult time that we all may have to experience in our lifetime.

So apologies to those that have seen it before, but this time Gandl, it is just for you x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never really thought that I'd spend as much time in airports as I do. I don't know why. I always wanted to be famous and that would mean lots of travel. But I'm not famous, yet I do see more than my share of airports.

I love them and I hate them. I love them because of the people I get to watch. But they are also the same reason why I hate airports. It all comes down to "hello" and "goodbye."I must have mentioned this a few times while writing my stories for you.

I have great difficulties with saying goodbye. Even as I write this I am experiencing that pounding sensation in my heart. If I am watching such a scene in a movie I am affected so much that I need to sit up and take a few deep breaths. So when faced with a challenge in my life I have been known to go to our local airport and watch people say goodbye. I figure nothing that is happening to me at the time could be as bad as having to say goodbye.

Watching people cling to each other, crying, and holding each other in that last embrace makes me appreciate what I have even more. Seeing them finally pull apart, extending their arms until the tips of their fingers are the last to let go, is an image that stays forefront in my mind throughout the day.

On one of my recent business trips, when I arrived at the counter to check in, the woman said, "How are you today?" I replied, "I am missing my wife already and I haven't even said goodbye."

She then looked at my ticket and began to ask, "How long will you...Oh, my God. You will only be gone three days!" We all laughed. My problem was I still had to say goodbye.

But I learn from goodbye moments, too.

Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together. They had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough." She in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."

They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say goodbye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me.

So I knew what this man experiencing.

"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever goodbye?" I asked.

"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is, the next trip back would be for my funeral," he said.

"When you were saying goodbye I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?"

He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more."When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them," he continued and then turning toward me he shared the following as if he

were reciting it from memory.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

He then began to sob and walked away.

My dad passed away almost 8 years ago, I cope on a day to day basis, but every now and then something happens, and it floors me. The other day I was clearing out the top of our wardrobe and came across his bible, inside was a family photo of us all together, I was sat on his lap about 18 months old, one of the few times I ever sat there, boy it knocked me for six.

Sorry to all of you who are grieving, and hugs to you all.

"Hey bud !

Those that have been in the forums a while will have seen me post this before because I think it just adds some context and comfort in what is a difficult time that we all may have to experience in our lifetime.

So apologies to those that have seen it before, but this time Gandl, it is just for you x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never really thought that I'd spend as much time in airports as I do. I don't know why. I always wanted to be famous and that would mean lots of travel. But I'm not famous, yet I do see more than my share of airports.

I love them and I hate them. I love them because of the people I get to watch. But they are also the same reason why I hate airports. It all comes down to "hello" and "goodbye."I must have mentioned this a few times while writing my stories for you.

I have great difficulties with saying goodbye. Even as I write this I am experiencing that pounding sensation in my heart. If I am watching such a scene in a movie I am affected so much that I need to sit up and take a few deep breaths. So when faced with a challenge in my life I have been known to go to our local airport and watch people say goodbye. I figure nothing that is happening to me at the time could be as bad as having to say goodbye.

Watching people cling to each other, crying, and holding each other in that last embrace makes me appreciate what I have even more. Seeing them finally pull apart, extending their arms until the tips of their fingers are the last to let go, is an image that stays forefront in my mind throughout the day.

On one of my recent business trips, when I arrived at the counter to check in, the woman said, "How are you today?" I replied, "I am missing my wife already and I haven't even said goodbye."

She then looked at my ticket and began to ask, "How long will you...Oh, my God. You will only be gone three days!" We all laughed. My problem was I still had to say goodbye.

Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together. They had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough." She in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."

They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say goodbye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me.

"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is, the next trip back would be for my funeral," he said.

"When you were saying goodbye I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?"

He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more."When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them," he continued and then turning toward me he shared the following as if he

"

Thank you

Hey i lost my brother 7 years ago and find great comfort in remembering the good times we shared, just stay positive and things will get easier

Bucks

"Hey bud !

"

what a lovely post, it had me in tears.

MY MUM DIED IN MY ARMS WHEN I WAS 13 YEARS OLD, I CAN STILL REMEMBER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, I THOUGHT THE PAIN WOULD NEVER GO BUT IT DOES GET EASIER AS THE YEARS GO BY. YOUR DAD WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND FOREVER IN YOUR HEART. XX BIG HUGS LOVE XX

"MY MUM DIED IN MY ARMS WHEN I WAS 13 YEARS OLD, I CAN STILL REMEMBER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, I THOUGHT THE PAIN WOULD NEVER GO BUT IT DOES GET EASIER AS THE YEARS GO BY. YOUR DAD WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND FOREVER IN YOUR HEART. XX BIG HUGS LOVE XX"

Thank you and I will post tomorrow after the doctors tomorrow

"MY MUM DIED IN MY ARMS WHEN I WAS 13 YEARS OLD, I CAN STILL REMEMBER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, I THOUGHT THE PAIN WOULD NEVER GO BUT IT DOES GET EASIER AS THE YEARS GO BY. YOUR DAD WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND FOREVER IN YOUR HEART. XX BIG HUGS LOVE XX"

oh - mixture of happy sad there - huge hugs xxxx

By *quirrelMan  over a year ago

Tameside

Sorry for your loss, I have lost both parents one to cancer and the other to leukemia, both died slowly and painfully and the only thing I could do was to be there at the end.

There is no cure all recipe that will make things easier for you, It is true that time heals all wounds and it will be easier in the years to come, but think about what they have wanted you to do with your life after they had gone.. it would not be to mope about and become a hermit, celebrate their lives and honour them by being the type of person they brought you up to be.

Death does not change your relationship only your obligations to each other.

P.S. this is what forum is for, to say what you want and ask for advice, never be worried about the subject matter just say what you want to say.

By *r OreoMan  over a year ago

Croydon

"Sorry for your loss, I have lost both parents one to cancer and the other to leukemia, both died slowly and painfully and the only thing I could do was to be there at the end.

There is no cure all recipe that will make things easier for you, It is true that time heals all wounds and it will be easier in the years to come, but think about what they have wanted you to do with your life after they had gone.. it would not be to mope about and become a hermit, celebrate their lives and honour them by being the type of person they brought you up to be.

P.S. this is what forum is for, to say what you want and ask for advice, never be worried about the subject matter just say what you want to say."

By *lleyCat1969Man  over a year ago

Folkestone

So sorry you've lost your dad.

I can only repeat what others have said, that time is a healer, although it doesn't always feel like it.

My dad died suddenly almost 14 years ago and I still think about him several times a day, and cry sometimes, so although the pain gets less you don't love them any less.

I still sometimes see or hear something & think "I'll tell dad about that" and for a while that upset me but now I enjoy those moments as a brief connection to him.

There'll be down days & up days but enjoy your memories & perhaps be reassured that what you're going through is the natural grieving process for someone you love.

oh my god, what a truly sad post..

im so sorry for your loss, remembering the good times should help make it easier. ive found this post helpful because ive got this to come, my dad has a few months left..sending you a huge hug xxx

"oh my god, what a truly sad post..

im so sorry for your loss, remembering the good times should help make it easier. ive found this post helpful because ive got this to come, my dad has a few months left..sending you a huge hug xxx"

Thank you x

By *ptimum trajectoryCouple  over a year ago

gloucester

sorry to hear your news.

think of all the best things about the people you love and carry them through life in your heart. make sure you take the time to let everyone you care about know what they mean to you.

the people who have an impact on your life will never leave you because they are a part of you.

Morning all

Well I've been to the doctors this morning and I'm getting sent for CBT. Sessions basically counselling and also been given some antidepressants

Thank you all again for your kind words and messages x

Beeston

"Morning all

Well I've been to the doctors this morning and I'm getting sent for CBT. Sessions basically counselling and also been given some antidepressants

Thank you all again for your kind words and messages x"

Be well. All the very best.

All the best hun xx

i know what your going through lost my mum in law a few months ago. its hard my eldest who is only 8 has taken it bad and i have got help for him. time is the best healer and in time you will be able to move on. maybe talking to someone can help a close friend family members.

"i know what your going through lost my mum in law a few months ago. its hard my eldest who is only 8 has taken it bad and i have got help for him. time is the best healer and in time you will be able to move on. maybe talking to someone can help a close friend family members. "

Thank you

Bucks

"Morning all

I'm glad you sought help, its something I should of done when I lost my mum. There is a great bunch of people on here ,so never be afraid to spk etc. I wish you well x

"Morning all

Thank you all again for your kind words and messages x I'm glad you sought help, its something I should of done when I lost my mum. There is a great bunch of people on here ,so never be afraid to spk etc. I wish you well x"

Thank you

"Morning all

XXXXX

I lost my dad when I was 17. sending you wholeheartedly my thoughts and love, I don't think I'll every get over loosing him,but 11 years on I have so many good memories that I look back on. Just take each day at a time,grieving takes its time too. X

Maybe take a step back from this site and concentrate on your family.

Sorry about your loss and always remember the great times during your lives together and in his Memory, always recollect how he influenced your life and say thank during your private prayers.

Martin

"Maybe take a step back from this site and concentrate on your family."

That's not a bad idea, loving all the kind words

Thank you

I lost my wife 4years ago through Cancer 4years ago January, time takes the immense pain away but you learn to live with it but don't agree with the words move on you can't...........to start with you remember the bad parts but eventually they ease and you remember the good times more.........Smile & laugh only when you think you have to not because others think you have to.......

I was lucky she left 2 beautiful children as a legacy ........

Take care buddy.....

Thanks in advance"

i lost ma partner, will b 12yrz in july comin n think abt him al the time....u can only take one day at a time one thing that helpz iz the fact i have hiz child who helpz me threw the everyday that passez jst take time and remember al the good timez u shared.....my thoughtz r with u durin thiz hard time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

i lost ma partner, will b 12yrz in july comin n think abt him al the time....u can only take one day at a time one thing that helpz iz the fact i have hiz child who helpz me threw the everyday that passez jst take time and remember al the good timez u shared.....my thoughtz r with u durin thiz hard time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

"I lost my wife 4years ago through Cancer 4years ago January, time takes the immense pain away but you learn to live with it but don't agree with the words move on you can't...........to start with you remember the bad parts but eventually they ease and you remember the good times more.........Smile & laugh only when you think you have to not because others think you have to.......

I was lucky she left 2 beautiful children as a legacy ........

Take care buddy....."

i agree with thiz comment ya can nva move on or smile cause otherz expect ya 2....u will smile when u rememba special dayz n fun that ya shared with each other the bad timez do fade with time az the gd memoriez wipe them out.....that will b the day u will smile 4 yasel n children r a gd blessin when itz a partner u lost n shared so many wonderful timez xxx chin up xxx

By *uriouscouple26Couple  over a year ago

longfield

Google the bereavement process it. It helped me understand why you feel you are ok and then it hits you really hard . Time heals, condolences to you x

There are also lots of agencies who specifically do bereavement counselling but it might be early days yet

Take each day as it comes, and if you feel you need to cry, just cry, everyone handle's it differently, and i know it is a cliche, but time really is a great healer, you never really get over it, but you do learn how to live with it and cope. Hope this helps.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

No right or wrong way to cope with your loss. Go with how you feel and not how you feel you should/ shouldn't in others eyes.

Can only add that it kinda goes from an awfull pain to a dull ache over time. Eventually you will be able to remember the good times and the great memories that keep others alive and with you.

Best wishes .

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan  over a year ago

London

I'm sure all these words of wisdom are helping over a year later

" I'm sure all these words of wisdom are helping over a year later "

My thoughts

[Removed by poster at 25/09/14 20:45:48]

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

sympathys I lost my dad last year it don't compare to the grief my mum is going through I think about him every day

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

" I'm sure all these words of wisdom are helping over a year later "
time scales are irrelevent if there sumink ta say! And I feel like saying it! ( mrs)

By *hitevanman812Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

No one is ever gone whilst we remember them, as has been said, take your own time, remember other family members will be missing him too, share memories with them,its ok to feel sad, to cry, your dad is still in your heart and will always be there.

So sorry to hear about your loss. My dad passed away a year ago, he and mum had been married 68 years, she's lost without him. Don't be afraid to talk about him to people, and don't be afraid to cry. I have days when I can talk and laugh about things we shared and others when the grief is overwhelming. No one can erase your memories, they are yours for keeps. Love and hugs to you. X

Thanks again guys x

" I'm sure all these words of wisdom are helping over a year later

My thoughts "

Of course they still help! Just coz it's been a year doesn't mean they aren't upset!!

I'm still upset over losing my great grandma last July

" I'm sure all these words of wisdom are helping over a year later

My thoughts

Of course they still help! Just coz it's been a year doesn't mean they aren't upset!!

I'm still upset over losing my great grandma last July"

They really are still helping thanks

I know it's easier said than done, but talking about it with other people that are going through the same really helps. Remember the good times and time will heal. You'll never stop missing him, because you'll always think of him, but as time goes the thought of him will make you smile rather than make you hurt.

Sorry for your loss, remember he wouldn't want you sad for ever.

My dad passed away nine years ago snd for the most part im ok, but every so often something comes along and floors me, bringing back the rawness.

So sorry for your loss. It's an awful thing to go through but it's a necessary part of life.

My Dad died 20 years ago. And no I don't beleive time heals. I believe that slowly we learn to live without our loved ones, we can accept and modify the way we think and find a new approach to living.

Be kind. Don't block the grief, let it out. Accept that this is how you feel. Write it down if you need too.

I recently sat with my dying father in law. Watched him breathe his last. I felt very priveliged to be there. Sat with him after too. My husband was spared the hopeless disbelief because he was able to process the event before. My dad died suddenly and unexpectedly. So I do feel that it can impact on how you greive.

Hope you're ok. You will be. Just make sure you have a support network xxx

By *ayandpCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Thanks in advance"

I lost my mum to cancer a month ago ,the only thing that keeps me going Is telling myself we all will die one day and this was her time.I smile at the times I did have with her rather than be sad at the tines I'm not going to have .it's tough at the best of times x x

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Mijas Costa

I lost my dad suddenly in 2009, abroad, to cancer he hadn't told us about. At the time I held it together really well, maybe it hadn't hit me. I felt guilty. I should have takes to him more. I should have made him go to the doctor.

It hit me six months later when I fell into a deep depression. I'm still taking the antidepressants, it's still early to drop them but all of those feelings have become weaker over the years.

I shall never forget him of course but I noticed three years down the line that I could talk about him without welling up. Now I remember him in the little things I know he would have loved, the stars at night, a beautiful flower. But the thing that grabs me still is when I think: that's interesting. I must ask my dad. And book shops are still a nightmare! He used to read avidly and I still browse and see books he'd love and then remember he's not around any more.

It definitely gets easier with time. Hang on in there. It will get easier xxx

By *ambslass48Woman  over a year ago

Peterborough

I lost my hubby suddenly 2 years ago as they say time a great healer xx here if you need a chat

Thanks again for all the love, kind words and messages of support, the world is Infact a truly great place sometimes

2 years ago this week and still hurts

"2 years ago this week and still hurts"
i lost my dad when I was 15 and miss him everyday more so now cu's I lost my nan two weeks ago and it brings everything back .sorry for your loss mate

"2 years ago this week and still hurts"
Well it did take over two years for me to start to come to terms with the death of my dad .. I have his pics around me and I look and smile and in my head chat to him and now feel he is around me in some way.

By *encarolCouple  over a year ago

Tyneside

Yes lost my last partner 6 years ago 30th jan,2009 Its very hard, for the first year , after that it gets slightly better, but , they are always in your mind, even today she is, and Carol will not let me get rid on the photos we had together,xx

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

Nothing really helps except trying to accept it.

I had to tell the drs to switch off my dads machine over a year ago after a routine check up turned into emergency surgery and then into well...and now I can't set foot in a hospital and hear that beeping of machinery without bursting into tears, I can't even think about trying to fix things that break around the house because calling him for advice was always what I would do - now I just throw them out and buy new one or go without. And worst of all every time our youngest boy reaches another milestone in his development I'm just tainted with regret that his grandad was only 2 months away from meeting him.

If time is a healer, it certainly takes more than a year or two...

By *uietlyBohemianCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Do seek some counselling, it isn't expensive, and it will help. (There may be free counselling available, but there's usually a long waiting list.)

Having counselling isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength and accepting that you want to be able to cope better. We all think we know how to fix ourselves (time heals all, and all that), but a trained counsellor will be able to help you along that process more successfully than you will alone.

"Do seek some counselling, it isn't expensive, and it will help. (There may be free counselling available, but there's usually a long waiting list.)

Having counselling isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength and accepting that you want to be able to cope better. We all think we know how to fix ourselves (time heals all, and all that), but a trained counsellor will be able to help you along that process more successfully than you will alone.

"

Had a 3 hour session with bereavement counsellor and 10 sessions of CBT and we'll still here

Lost my big brother very sudden and tragically. There will never be a day that goes past that you will not thing of your lost loved one.

However, what helps me is the thought that he would never want me to live my life in morning for him. In fact completely the opposite, he would want me to take life and play the shit out of it, we are only here once and our lost loved ones know that far better than those that remain (silly burgers are always teaching us!!)

Kindest of Regards.

Jack & Danny

Xx

By *jandjbCouple  over a year ago

Nr Manchester

My dad passed away two years ago after a short illness. I was angry with him for a good few months afterwards for not fighting it. I realise now he was tired and it was just his time.

I see him in my brother and sister and I see him smile back at me in the mirror. I remember his laughter and his big hugs. He'll always be with me.

You too will remember your dad with fondness. He would want you to be happy. Live your life knowing he lives on inside you. Xxx

They time is a great healer but I think you learn to accept that you life will never be the same but your memories will help you get through .

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Remember the good times and carry them with you allways

Sorry to hear that, i lost my Dad 2 years ago, he was 93 but it was still dreadful. Time sometimes makes you feel better, othertimes makes you ache with the loss. Hugs to you.

hertfordshire

they say time heals but im finding I panic as im forgetting my dads voice and what he sounded like

I still talk about him .. dad would have loved this .. dad would have loved that etc

its my mum I worry about more ..shes 80 and not in good health .... to be with someone a life time and then to have nothing except memories

I also worry more about other people

GPs have a habit of thinking pills are the answer keep talking it does help

My mum is 92. They had been married 67 years. She's lost without him xx

hertfordshire

"My mum is 92. They had been married 67 years. She's lost without him xx"

its knowing how to help them cope .. not easy

One day at a time.

No regrets

Just happy memories

All that has gone is his physical presence but his love remains in your heart. What he taught you is still in your head. You are a part of him so no matter where are what you are doing he is always with you.

Always keep him in your heart he wouldnt want anything else.

This was my old post, male half, can I just reiterate the appreciation from all concerned that messaged me and sent support

Thank you fab world

By *itzWoman  over a year ago

south wales

"they say time heals but im finding I panic as im forgetting my dads voice and what he sounded like

I still talk about him .. dad would have loved this .. dad would have loved that etc

its my mum I worry about more ..shes 80 and not in good health .... to be with someone a life time and then to have nothing except memories

I also worry more about other people

GPs have a habit of thinking pills are the answer keep talking it does help"

I know that feeling, where you just want to see their face or hear their voice in your head but cant. It is very upsetting, but as time goes on you will remember, They will pop into your head easily. It is only because you are trying to see, the brain seems to block it, but it will come back.

By *itzWoman  over a year ago

south wales

"This was my old post, male half, can I just reiterate the appreciation from all concerned that messaged me and sent support

Thank you fab world "

Hope you are feeling better Gerry xxxx

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Thanks in advance"

. Just try an remember the good times . It is sad to encounter a sudden death but I am sure that you dad would prefer that you had a happy life than become too sad over his death.

I lost my Mum a year ago this week and just starting to feel the hurt now her affairs are all settled. My Dad passed on in 1987 and I still feel it today sometimes.

Basically the moral is that if they were great parents it will hurt - BUT - they will have left great memories which you should use to lift yourself in the darker moments AND allow yourself to feel that way, but remember they will want you to enjoy life and celebrate theirs. Talk about them often and make sure they STAY part of you and not be in the past.

Sorry for your loss.

Best of luck OP try and get some help via your Doctor maybe.I know that 2 family deaths have totally destroyed me,my Mum to Cancer and my Sister to suicide.

"This was my old post, male half, can I just reiterate the appreciation from all concerned that messaged me and sent support

Thank you fab world

Hope you are feeling better Gerry xxxx"

By *ex1Man  over a year ago

Beccles on the river

"Sorry for your loss, I have lost both parents one to cancer and the other to leukemia, both died slowly and painfully and the only thing I could do was to be there at the end.

There is no cure all recipe that will make things easier for you, It is true that

time heals all wounds and it will be easier in the years to come,

I think and believe that the pain never leaves you, but you learn to live with the loss of a loved one. . My wife/best friend who i love dearly died 30 years ago and the pain still jumps out and hit me. But it loses its punch over time.

X

but think about what they have wanted you to do with your life after they had gone.. it would not be to mope about and become a hermit, celebrate their lives and honour them by being the type of person they brought you up to be.

P.S. this is what forum is for, to say what you want and ask for advice, never be worried about the subject matter just say what you want to say."

Thanks in advance"

Grieving is a process that takes time, you might experience a rollercoaster of emotions. Draw comfort from happy memories, m x

Really sorry to hear about your loss ,only advice I can give is not to bottle it up there's nothing wrong with crying the pain will ease, the memories last a life time, love is eternal be strong best wishes

i know exactly where you are coming from i lost two very important men in my life suddenly and within 6months of each other i was in an awful dark place didnt get up eat drink etc and at 1 point wanted to join them and if had hadnt bin for my daughter saying that i cared more for them that died then those that are living i would have it was a huge wake up call and made me realise i stil had alot to live for its just bin Dads first anniversary and it was hard i stil have lots of bad days but now i can atleast look and chat abt them both without crying

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

It hurts will never stop hurting but it does get better cried for my Mum for a long time after she went always should have done a bit more for her but i am not the only one it comes to us all

We all expect to loose our parents but the poor ones that loose a child don,t know how they get over that

» Add a new message to this topic