FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profiles - short and sweet or long and wordy?

Profiles - short and sweet or long and wordy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *endalshaggers OP   Couple 9 weeks ago

Kendal

Just canvassing an opinion - do you prefer profiles to be short and snappy (give just enough information away) or longer and more detailed so you can gauge a better image of the person/couple etc before you message?

We knows ours is kind of long, and we've incorporated a sort of Q&A style to try and prevent getting the same old same old questions several times a day. We think it's helped to a degree as we seem to get more messages from people who have actually taken the time to read and know what potentially they're looking at, rather than two or three questions and then no further reply as we're not what the other person/people are after.

However some profiles don't half drag on as well!

Just wondering do people prefer short and sweet or long and wordy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 9 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Shortish for me. I Skip the long ones

By *anted by NightMan 9 weeks ago

Shangri-la

"Shortish for me. I Skip the long ones"

Same

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

Mine is stupidly long (compared to some), but I also like people who have a lot to say about themselves and what they want.

If my profile isn't enticing enough, regardless of length, then we likely won't talk anyway, y'know?

But the more I know, the easier it is to make a decision whether or not I make any effort. It sounds a bit negative, but that's mostly down to having spent far too much time on these things lately.

I have noticed that it's either all or nothing with most profiles, across multiple sites and apps in recent years. I've always felt that swipe culture has played a part in that, but I refuse to be one who doesn't make an effort in portraying myself how I want to be seen. Not how others want to see me.

By *oxy jWoman 9 weeks ago

somerset

my profile is longish and if that puts people off then its kinda done its job ...i only want to meet those who want the same as me

also my profile lets then know who im not interested in so to save them and mine time ..

By *wice pleaseMan 9 weeks ago

Nr Darlington

I skim read the long ones. Or just skip if they have a long list of crazy shit in them…As an older single guy I have as much chance of a meet from a “want to fuck” message as a well crafted response after carefully reading every word of a profile.

By *ntrigued888Woman 9 weeks ago

Beds

If it's too long my mind wonders, lol

I get alot of praise for mine , which always surprises me

I think it's very matter of fact and to the point

By *issmorganWoman 9 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I like longer ones, that tell me about them and what they like and are into.

It's much easier to see if I'd be Interested or we'd be compatible. Over profiles with one or 2 lines, that tell me nothing.

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple 9 weeks ago

Northampton

Short and sharp please

By *andPextraCouple 9 weeks ago

North West

Ours is long. I”d say 90% of people who message don't read it, based on ehat they ask or say.

So to that 90% If they cant be arsed reading it , we will have no interest in meeting them.

It takes 60 seconds to read, if the photos catch peoples attention and theyd like to play with me I dont think its too much to ask

By *lmostInseparableCouple 9 weeks ago

Alfreton

Ours isn't as long as I thought apparently...it is a little bit of randomness from me though.

I prefer medium length profiles, I want to know what people do or don't like and a bit of their personality but I don't like them too long unless they're exceptionally amusing. Then I'll often message just to say thank you for the giggles.

By *electableicecreamMan 9 weeks ago

The West

A wall of text is likely to get a skip or a skim from me but it often depends on the formatting and content too. A good bio is a good bio.

Mines pretty short. I'm a visual person and so I focus more on imagery and I'm interested in people who are drawn to mine.

By *alandNitaCouple 9 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

It's not necessarily the length but the content.

A short well written profile with decent photos, is better than a long chuck of text with acronyms and no punctuation.

Nita

By *hrisukbishareCouple 9 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I've had lovely comments about ours. Quite long but hey ho.

By *exy Bi FemWoman 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

Definitely content what counts for the enough to grab my attention xx

By *apiomanMan 9 weeks ago

Shipley

I like longer ones... oh, length of profiles. Don't mind, as long as there is punctuation.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 9 weeks ago

Leeds

Doesn't bother me as long as it's clear in what your looking for and gives a little personality.

Too short with nothing much just leaves me confused as to what they are looking for.

Mrs

By *aconteur69111Man 9 weeks ago

eastbourne

I like to think that mine gives enough away about me to intrigue people but not enough to make trying to start conversation hard.

I am one of the sad ones who as a rule always reads a profile no matter how short or long, as to me it is just another filter to use.

I do get annoyed with female one line profiles though.

Us guys are expected to put the effort in on ours, and you should never ask someone to do something you are not prepared to do your self.

By *he milf next doorWoman 9 weeks ago

somewhere only I know

Short & sweet but straight to the point

By *rdadjokesMan 9 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I like to thinks mines is not to long and something in between.

By *anilla-sinCouple 9 weeks ago

lancs

ours: too long

By *aughtyTwosomeCouple 9 weeks ago

Kent

Ours is pretty long but we hope it saves people and ourselves some time in the long as a quick read will you most of what you need to know if we're what your looking for and way easier than typing it out 10+ times a day

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

I revised mine and cut out a lot of rambling (it happens due to ADHD lol). It's about half the original length, but still retains the basics.

If anyone cares to have a peek, I would appreciate the feedback. Ta!

By *herryEatersCouple 8 weeks ago

East Cheshire

Medium for us. Short ones leave too many questions and hence possible incompatibilities (further wasting our time). Too long and it can become incredibly boring especially if waffle or a long list of do's, dont's, rules and regulations

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Stockport

Mine is probably one of the longest profiles on the site. I never remove anything from it, just once or twice a year add another diary style entry at the top of it. Do I really expect anyone to persevere reading through it? It's up to them, I imagine very few people do. I do hope though that anybody who does endure the whole thing will gain some understanding of who I am and what I hope to get out of being on this site.

As for other people's profiles, it's totally up to them what they do, but I would rather there be at least a little information. It's so hard to judge physical, mental, emotional or any other type of attraction from "Will fill in later"

Hugs, Polly xxx

By *ockney-JMan 8 weeks ago

Cambridge

I like some information for sure to get idea how much of a match other than just pictures to base it on. If there is a lot of information I like it spread out and into shorter paragraphs, not in big chunky paragraphs would cause fatigue

Not sure if my profile is long but did try to design it for easier reading. People still blindly message though they just focus on pictures/ videos

By *olinOfBathMan 8 weeks ago

Corsham

Longer, every time. I don't want to use a shotgun approach, firing messages at everyone. Ladies and couples are swamped with messages anyway, without me adding to their frustration. A longer profile allows me to see whether I might meet their criteria. If it's obvious that they wouldn't be interested, I don't contact them, saving us both time. If it seems that someone might - might - be interested, a longer profile enables me to craft a message which makes it clear that I've actually read what they've written.

By *weet.touchMan 8 weeks ago

liverpool

It's not about the size it's how you use it

By *oiluvfunMan 8 weeks ago

Penrith

Long or short, I have no preference, so long as it’s well written, and isn’t ‘shouty’……. I switch off when a profile text is full of “No this” and “Don’t do that”….

Also; when I click on a profile, the first thing I look for is the line “Not looking for single guys”, which is when I would click away, no matter how hot the pics are.

By *rcoupleCouple 7 weeks ago

Mid Glam

Longer for preference, we dont need a life story or information overload though. As has been said a well written for preference. We both belive you can do as much with words as anything else.

Ours is pretty wordy but we leave a too long didnt read up to date summary at the top. Half wo message us never seem to have read a word of the long or short version. We rarely get the not really hidden subject catchphrase when we get messaged first.

Anyone on this thread who notices any similarity to parts of ther own format, style or jokes is purely coincidental.

By *venturerMan 7 weeks ago

Bodmin

I was always told in sales meetings that you must expose your product to the risk of being sold! So mine is long!

By *rJandMrsJCouple 7 weeks ago

Hyde

Even though we used to write in a short bio what we're looking for and our turn offs, we'd still get loads of messages that clearly hadn't read the profile, which is fine because I'm able to very quickly just instantly delete them when they come in.

The way I see it, is if someone can't spend 2 minutes reading my profile, I don't want to give them 2 minutes of our sex life. I think that's fair.

At least for us anyway, I can see why people do have short and precise profiles

By *ackmeoviMan 7 weeks ago

nearby

If it's more than a couple of paras I click off it sorry not interested!

By *ilverandblonde 123Couple 7 weeks ago

tonbridge

Mine is long but I also love long profiles

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Neither

Get something quality in there that separates you from the rest and gives people a hint about you without yapping on.

Also depends who you're trying to attract.

Especially for men though,

This sh** is like social media, women especially have the attention span of about 0.3 seconds whilst scrolling the ocean, gotta grab their attention and make them wanna know more.

Fab makes it very difficult to write much without it just looking like a boring paragraph.

Sometimes just a one line is intriguing but it has to be something brilliant to amuse me

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

100% this. I write enough on there to spark a conversation because I CANNOT STAND a hey how're you message and always try to write something personal. I expect the same amount of effort put in. Although I get it that men must get bored of messaging 1003937262 women to get one to actually reply most of the time and it's grueling haha.

By *toC Thats MeWoman 7 weeks ago

Sheffield

Short and sweet for me, but I’d rather just meet others in clubs anyway.

By *uckslut and MCouple 7 weeks ago

Poole

They don't even read our profile title. Let alone the profile. We get upto a messages a day, with offers or asking when we're playing.

By *ewcorkcpl23Couple 7 weeks ago

Cork

We prefer long detailed profile although tbf they're all really the same at the end of the day. Any profile with something different from the norm perk our interests all the time. Short a few word profiles are a turn off for as it gives the impression the couple may not be the chatty conversation types we like.

» Add a new message to this topic