FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Poly Dating Advice

Poly Dating Advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olegoth69 OP   Couple 12 weeks ago

Wantage

Hello, we are a couple looking to date other people, we've tried dating sites but it's very rare to find other poly people.

Does anyone have any advice on where to connect with other poly people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouise 555Woman 12 weeks ago

dorchester

This is something we've looked at and interested us but its hard to find, this is my profile but I'm on here with my long term partner, hope you find what you are looking for lou xx

By *jonesMan 12 weeks ago

Totnes

Feeld can be very good , in the major population areas...

By *wendolineFoxWoman 12 weeks ago

Chester

"Feeld can be very good , in the major population areas..."

I’d second this. The other thing I’d recommend is to date separately and see how you go.

Wantage

We have both tried feeld. Not really anyone within a sensible distance unfortunately.

Wantage

We are trying to date separately. Just don't know how to meet other poly people, everyone we've spoken to so far isn't interested in that kind of situation

By *hrisukbishareCouple 12 weeks ago

Edinburgh

There's a lovely annual Poly conference in London I've been to with one of my then poly partners. If you DM me I will try and find the Facebook group or emails. We are now in Scotland and not found the same poly tantric sacred sexual community yet.

By *hrisukbishareCouple 12 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Ps just reading/listening to Polysecure which I am finding so rich. Chris

Chester

I’m not sure if I’d necessarily recommend it, but OK Cupid also used to be ok for enm/poly.

Poly meet-ups are a thing - we have one in Manchester, so there will be something in London which might attract people who would be within range for you. The other thing to consider is meeting with other ‘alternative’ groups where there’s likely to be a higher proportion of poly people - in my experience it’s been kink and (probably no surprise to you) those of a gothic persuasion.

Wantage

Oh OK thats a good idea. My partner used fet so I'll see if there are any meet ups local. Thank you.

By *om_JohnsonMan 12 weeks ago

Nearby.

I was on poly dating Facebook page for introduction. They also have some pretty wild events in a well equiped warehouse dungeon in Walthamstow (friend told me)

There's plenty of groups on Fet also.

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

Ooo thanks for the tips! I’ve never even heard of feeld! Going to investigate.

I met my 3 partners - one on here, one on tinder and one through a friend.

I’ve also tended to just randomly meet lots of poly people - but I’m a chronic oversharer so tend to divulge first as I don’t care and then people tell me their stuff too haha

By *asycouple777Couple 12 weeks ago

bristol

We have an interest in trying this

Chester

"Oh OK thats a good idea. My partner used fet so I'll see if there are any meet ups local. Thank you. "

Yep, there’ll be munches near, I’m sure. I’d give a few a try.

By *BW_rahWoman 12 weeks ago

Manchester

"I’m not sure if I’d necessarily recommend it, but OK Cupid also used to be ok for enm/poly.

Poly meet-ups are a thing - we have one in Manchester, so there will be something in London which might attract people who would be within range for you. The other thing to consider is meeting with other ‘alternative’ groups where there’s likely to be a higher proportion of poly people - in my experience it’s been kink and (probably no surprise to you) those of a gothic persuasion. "

Hi, I'm interested in knowing more about the poly meet in Manchester

Chester

"I’m not sure if I’d necessarily recommend it, but OK Cupid also used to be ok for enm/poly.

Poly meet-ups are a thing - we have one in Manchester, so there will be something in London which might attract people who would be within range for you. The other thing to consider is meeting with other ‘alternative’ groups where there’s likely to be a higher proportion of poly people - in my experience it’s been kink and (probably no surprise to you) those of a gothic persuasion.

Hi, I'm interested in knowing more about the poly meet in Manchester "

Search FBook for Manchester Poly Meet. It’s usually first Saturday afternoon of the month at a venue in the Village.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 11/03/24 15:29:20]

Manchester

Hi, I'm interested in knowing more about the poly meet in Manchester

Search FBook for Manchester Poly Meet. It’s usually first Saturday afternoon of the month at a venue in the Village. "

Thanks!

By *unGuySeeksFunGirlMan 12 weeks ago

Wigan

Hey, I was thinking of building a ENM website/app, would it be worth the time/effort do we think?

It seems to be a growing trend and it would be clear that the people on their are open to non-menog.

Thoughts?

Wantage

Without knowing how hard that would be to do, it's hard to say it'd be worth it. But if you made it without the relentless adds and pay walls of other apps, that in itself would be worth it

By *NMMaleMan 12 weeks ago

Stourport

I’m new on the ENM journey too but would definitely be interested in poly and finding out more about events

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I'm in the middle of nowhere so poly meetups are out for me.

I just make do with being as up front and honest with people as I can be and hoping they can do the same for me

By *ackaireMan 11 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Might be off topic!!! But we kind of fell into this by accident, yes talked and talked blah blah … tonight is first Date night!!! (I’m male partner, we do not nest together, she is going on date!!!!) no pun but.. I don’t want to blow it!!! Any suggestions to handle my mounting jealousy???

Mx

By *assy LassieWoman 10 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Might be off topic!!! But we kind of fell into this by accident, yes talked and talked blah blah … tonight is first Date night!!! (I’m male partner, we do not nest together, she is going on date!!!!) no pun but.. I don’t want to blow it!!! Any suggestions to handle my mounting jealousy???

Mx"

Doesn't sound like poly is for you

By *bi HaiveMan 10 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Fab.

As good a place as any.

By *samCouple 10 weeks ago

cambridge

I wonder if you could be more flexible on distance. Poly people are few in number and long distance partners visiting for the weekend could be an option for you ( known as comets).

Best of luck! Xx

By *indMasterUKMan 10 weeks ago

All over England

"Hello, we are a couple looking to date other people, we've tried dating sites but it's very rare to find other poly people.

Does anyone have any advice on where to connect with other poly people? "

I suggest getting in touch with LaLunaLust on fet. She runs a poly group in Brighton and has links to the wider poly community. That site has a few poly threads that may be of interest. Good luck

By *sLillyMrWolfeCouple 10 weeks ago

near you...

Have you tried OkCupid? Lots of poly type people on there. Also anything related to burning man like UK Burnwr events.

By *nc31Couple 10 weeks ago

uxbridge

This is something I'd like to know too, we've had lots of fun on here and tried dating sites with Same outcome. Ideally looking for bi guy who we both like..

By *ellinever70Woman 10 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"I wonder if you could be more flexible on distance. Poly people are few in number and long distance partners visiting for the weekend could be an option for you ( known as comets).

Best of luck! Xx"

Would it not be quite challenging to build a meaningful relationship if distance was an issue?

By *istressSubCuckMan 10 weeks ago

Winchester

Fet may be better as others have said. Good luck in your search and I hope you find what you're looking for x

By *angria_girlukWoman 9 weeks ago

LUTON

actually I'm polyamorous and yes I get jealous and upset sometimes.

So jealousy is a natural emotion, like fear. just need to work through it and get reassurance.

there are a few London based Polyamory groups. Bristol and Glasgow have groups too.

the Annual London based conference is on hiatus at the moment, but hopes to return soon, we need some volunteers to the committee.

By *ackaireMan 9 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Hi I found a lot of good relevant info on the Playing with fire podcast, with a dr Joli Hamilton. Particularly on jealousy episode 125.To my tastes this podcast is

Very American, Very wordy but lots of well thought out guidance I found it useful ,Date 2, coping better but those little green eyed monsters!!! Markx

By *arryandhedgehogCouple 9 weeks ago

Thurrock

We used to date seperately and I (Harry) used the normal dating apps but always made it clear in my profile that I was ENM and ideally seeking people who understood what that was. There’s quite a few people on all apps dating that way it’s just not always obvious from their profile.

By *ssexHotwifeCouple 1 week ago

Braintree

This is something we are also interested in and looking for. Mainly a male for Hotwife.

By *wendolineFoxWoman 1 week ago

Chester

"This is something we are also interested in and looking for. Mainly a male for Hotwife."

Just be clear with what you want; there’s a big difference between polyamory (multiple romantic relationships) and a regular partner for hotwifing where I imagine there might not be too much of an emotional connection. Good luck!

By *ssexHotwifeCouple 1 week ago

Braintree

"This is something we are also interested in and looking for. Mainly a male for Hotwife.

Just be clear with what you want; there’s a big difference between polyamory (multiple romantic relationships) and a regular partner for hotwifing where I imagine there might not be too much of an emotional connection. Good luck!"

Thank you and yes we are definitely looking for poly not just a regular for the wife!

By *olegoth69 OP   Couple 1 week ago

Wantage

"This is something we are also interested in and looking for. Mainly a male for Hotwife."

Shame you guys are so far away as we'd love to chat x

By *otPoshorBecksCouple 1 week ago

Harrow & Algarve, Portugal

"We are trying to date separately. Just don't know how to meet other poly people, everyone we've spoken to so far isn't interested in that kind of situation "

Although we have a couples account I, Sam the lady, date others separately and my partner is happy for me to do that.

I use feeld as others have recommended but I also have my own single lady account to meet people online.

Sometimes it’s just a meet at a club and other times it’s a partner who wants a relationship

Feel free to PM is if you want more advice xx

» Add a new message to this topic