FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Coital cephalagia

Coital cephalagia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igBlonde OP   Woman 4 weeks ago

Jersey (sometimes Notts)

Has anyone else experienced this?

The most intense and sudden onset of headache right at the point of orgasm?

This happened to me recently and I honestly thought I was going to die.

The next day I felt like I had the worst hangover, tired, nauseous and although the headache didn’t feel as sore it wouldn’t go away.

It was only on the second day I started to feel okay again!

I’m now scared to allow myself to orgasm in case it happens again.

And people say an orgasm is supposed to help headache!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rentwoodcutcockMan 4 weeks ago

brentwood

I experienced this last year and it was very very scary. I certainly sympathise with you and also like you was very reluctant to have sex for a while, given that this was brought on by having an orgasm.

I did seek medical advice and was reassured that there was nothing untoward with me medically, heart, blood pressure etc, so did eventually, but with caution, started to have sex again.

It has sort of happened since, but not to the extreme that I first experienced.

I guess get medically checked to see if there are underlying conditions, and hopefully this is just a one off for you. Good luck

By *antra MassageMan 4 weeks ago

Old bog road

"Has anyone else experienced this?

The most intense and sudden onset of headache right at the point of orgasm?

This happened to me recently and I honestly thought I was going to die.

The next day I felt like I had the worst hangover, tired, nauseous and although the headache didn’t feel as sore it wouldn’t go away.

It was only on the second day I started to feel okay again!

I’m now scared to allow myself to orgasm in case it happens again.

And people say an orgasm is supposed to help headache!!"

Could it be caused by an increase in BP during arousal, causing a blood vessel in the brain to bulge, just at the point of orgasm. ?

Jersey (sometimes Notts)

This is what I feared it might be, a second before I could feel a strange sensation at the top of my neck / base of skull.

I’ve scared the shit out of myself now, and what’s worse is I’m a health professional and have had patients take heart attacks and die during sex, so I jump to the worst case scenario!

I think it might be a BP thing, my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest too.

Jersey (sometimes Notts)

"I experienced this last year and it was very very scary. I certainly sympathise with you and also like you was very reluctant to have sex for a while, given that this was brought on by having an orgasm.

I did seek medical advice and was reassured that there was nothing untoward with me medically, heart, blood pressure etc, so did eventually, but with caution, started to have sex again.

I guess get medically checked to see if there are underlying conditions, and hopefully this is just a one off for you. Good luck"

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

It truly is terrifying and completely unexpected.

I’m glad to hear you’re okay and enjoying a health sex life again!

I thought it was important to post this as a topic, because I’m sure it’s happened to other people, and if it provides some kind of reassurance that it’s probably okay but best get checked just in case - I hope it helps x

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman 4 weeks ago

Pontypridd

I get it occasionally. Horribly painful. Scary when you don't know what it is. I found that changing my position helped. It's when my neck or shoulders are twisted and tense that I seem to get it.

By *idden Gem69Woman 4 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

It comes on me from the lower back of my head its awful but only happens if ive played myself which I don't do often as it bores me lol

By *ifferent Strokes 101Couple 4 weeks ago

Wexford/Dublin

"I experienced this last year and it was very very scary. I certainly sympathise with you and also like you was very reluctant to have sex for a while, given that this was brought on by having an orgasm.

I guess get medically checked to see if there are underlying conditions, and hopefully this is just a one off for you. Good luck"

Oh goodness this happened to me twice. The first time I thought I was going to die, the pain all over my head just wouldn't go. I thought I had an aneurysm! I went to the Dr's the day after and had to tell her how I felt and why

She reassured me it was to do with constricting blood vessels and not serious.

Then basically said well done you

By *igBlonde OP   Woman 3 weeks ago

Jersey (sometimes Notts)

Thank you to those who have posted to this discussion.

Almost a week later and I still have a headache, and this afternoon I have noticed disturbance to my vision.

It might be time to make a Dr appointment…

By *J the bullMan 3 weeks ago

Washington

"Thank you to those who have posted to this discussion.

Almost a week later and I still have a headache, and this afternoon I have noticed disturbance to my vision.

It might be time to make a Dr appointment…"

Absolutely! Please do

By *uffolk25Woman 3 weeks ago

Ipswich

Definitely make an appointment.

My neighbour had this and it led to further investigations and she found out she has a medical condition of her brain (not terminal).

By *J the bullMan 3 weeks ago

Washington

Hows the head today?

By *orkshire.unicornWoman 3 weeks ago

Selby

"Thank you to those who have posted to this discussion.

It might be time to make a Dr appointment…"

Please do! Wishing you health and relaxation xx

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

I've also experienced this and as others have said, its a hell of a scary experience. I had a "pop" by my temple at point of orgasm and then the most debilitating pain i have ever experienced.

It seemed like a thunder clap headache so i got checked out, scan, bloods and a lumber puncture later and all was clear. Mine also happened during normal exercise.

This happened a few years ago now and was always worrying during sex afterwards but it hasn't happened again since. I've felt like it might once so stopped before orgasm.

By *lumPuddingCouple 2 weeks ago

Doncaster

I had something similar (I don’t know the medical name or if t was exactly this). I was often getting short lived headaches whilst cumming. Was sometimes enough to put me off having sex. Then one time is was so strong when I came that it felt like my skull was split open. Right in the top of my head but slightly to the right. And the headache stayed for days. I visited A&E and they did a few checks but ultimately sent me on my way with the instruction to avoid sex for a few weeks. A slight headache remained for about 2 weeks. Then I havnt had a headache whilst cumming for over a year. Truly thought it was some kind of stroke.

By *hat.coupleCouple 2 weeks ago

Dartford

I had a hang up about orgasming and have never been able to do it around people or with anyone else. Then when I joined this lifestyle all of a sudden I was able to orgasm with my partner like a switch had been flicked. But the orgasms were so intense I got headaches as I orgasmed, it has got better with time and doesn't happen anymore. It was very intense at first.

By *torm in a G cupWoman 2 weeks ago

Land of the Long White Cloud

I get this with really intense orgasms, particularly multiples.

Instant excruciating pain and tightness around my forehead and behind my eyes.

It affects my vision and I have to really focus on my breathing, but is only very brief for me and then resolves within a matter of seconds/minutes.

Although excruciating at the time, it hasn't been bad enough to put me off having sex or playing that hard.

I hope your symptoms have resolved.

By *atdad101Man 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

I had this years and years ago. Only happened a couple of times but was very painful and alarming. Thankfully it stopped and I’ve never experienced it since. Hopefully it’s the same for you.

» Add a new message to this topic