FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Photo verification

Photo verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aldboro OP   Man 7 weeks ago

Leicestershire/Warwickshire Border

With the prevalence of fake profiles ever increasing I tend to only look at people who are photo verified. As a result I automatically reject a large proportion of profiles.

Can anybody suggest reasons why people don't photo verify?

Thank you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illan-KillashMan 7 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 11:17:43]

"With the prevalence of fake profiles ever increasing I tend to only look at people who are photo verified. As a result I automatically reject a large proportion of profiles.

Thank you."

Privacy.

Use your filters to remove the people you don't want to see from your searches. Your problem solved.

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

They don't want to. That's our reason anyway

By *wendolineFoxWoman 7 weeks ago

Chester

I’ve got meet verifications, so really can’t see the point, and I’d really rather not go through all the palava or the added potential privacy risk.

By *ucka39Man 7 weeks ago

Newcastle

For many reasons and one being because they don't have to

By *ipstick KissesWoman 7 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

I just haven't bothered.

I've multiple in-person verifications on this profile, and our previous couples account was also well verified (and many already know me from that profile), so photo verification seems superfluous

"With the prevalence of fake profiles ever increasing I tend to only look at people who are photo verified. As a result I automatically reject a large proportion of profiles.

Thank you.

Privacy.

Use your filters to remove the people you don't want to see from your searches. Your problem solved."

As stated I do, I just wanted to understand the logic.

"They don't want to. That's our reason anyway"

As is your choice.

"For many reasons and one being because they don't have to "

And I haven't suggested otherwise, I respect people right to choose I just wanted to understand the logic used.

"I just haven't bothered.

I've multiple in-person verifications on this profile, and our previous couples account was also well verified (and many already know me from that profile), so photo verification seems superfluous "

Totally get that, in person verification does make photo verification redundant. However I was more thinking about newer profiles where no verifications were present, often 1 or 2 photos shown, but not photo verified.

Thank you."

To clarify, I was referring predominantly to profiles where no verifications existed, but there were typically 1 or 2 photos on show.

By *hunkynGirthyMan 7 weeks ago

Barnsley

No idea alot are people messaging about or they don't do it because they are married n looking etc not sure but far to many on here now. I was in here about 7 years ago and it was great now it's like pulling teeth getting messed about all the time

By *issmorganWoman 7 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I'm meet verified, so I don't think I need to verify i am a woman again.

By *issmorganWoman 7 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

With regards to non verified profiles ans why they don't get the green flag, I honestly don't know.

I think its more important to men that couples and single ladies do, as they're the ones that have the highest number of fake profiles.

By *enelope PitstopWoman 7 weeks ago

Lincoln

Thank you."

My meet verifications speak for themselves so have never felt the need to either as a single female or a couple.

Seen and reported so many fake profiles that have been verified...couples now only single men, single women who only meet with their partners...it's not much of a safeguard against being let down so have never bothered and don't bother checking either...meet ones only are what interest me...

By *orny-DJMan 7 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

The past couple of times that I've returned to fab, I've had to photo verify as part of the account set up process.

I know, I should have just hidden my previously meet verified profile, but I'm sure I'm not tge only person on here who has occasionally felt that fab wadn't for them anymore - only to miss it so much.

It would seem that, for some, photo verification has become compulsory, though I don't know what criteria are applied, or if it's a random thing, but I do know that some others have also had to do so to gain full access to fab

By *carlet SeductionWoman 7 weeks ago

Maidstone

I've not got anything to help with uncovering any logic, as with me there was no logic. There's no requirement to, I just haven't done it. No thinking required at all.

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple 7 weeks ago

Northampton

Privacy concerns of standing with our faces and a piece of paper with our username

Plus (as we understand)

You can verify without your face! So only verifying that your body type matches your profile type. So Male/Male

So not really that valuable as a tool

By *orny-DJMan 7 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

For those expressing 'Privacy concerns', perhaps you could explain something to me because I'm really struggling to understand this.

Verification photos are not made public. They are automatically set to private and you are unable to change it.

Just checked my gallery and it states underneath '100% private - will never be seen on the website'

So I ask, what are your concerns exactly, as the only people able to view your verification photo are the admins that verify your profile when you submit it.

By *bi HaiveMan 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Thank you."

I didn't for the first 15 years I was on here.

Never made any difference to my experience and I don't look for green flags on profiles, moreso green ticks.

I only did it in the end so I could post videos.

Chester

"For those expressing 'Privacy concerns', perhaps you could explain something to me because I'm really struggling to understand this.

Verification photos are not made public. They are automatically set to private and you are unable to change it.

Just checked my gallery and it states underneath '100% private - will never be seen on the website'

So I ask, what are your concerns exactly, as the only people able to view your verification photo are the admins that verify your profile when you submit it."

I don’t put anything online I wouldn’t be happy being out in the open if whatever site I use gets hacked. That’s why I won’t photo verify.

By *ipstick KissesWoman 7 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

"For those expressing 'Privacy concerns', perhaps you could explain something to me because I'm really struggling to understand this.

So I ask, what are your concerns exactly, as the only people able to view your verification photo are the admins that verify your profile when you submit it."

I'd assume it's in case of the site being hacked and details being made public

By *naswingdressWoman 7 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Photo verification doesn't tell you a huge amount. It's just that the person verified is the sex they say they are.

Meet verification can be faked (anything online can be faked) but I think more than a few meet verifications from a variety of well verified sources is the best likelihood of a profile being real.

I photo verified because my profile was locked - I assume I was reported as fake or otherwise breaking rules. I understand the precaution that Fab put into place in my case, as a new single female profile.

So I ask, what are your concerns exactly, as the only people able to view your verification photo are the admins that verify your profile when you submit it.

I don’t put anything online I wouldn’t be happy being out in the open if whatever site I use gets hacked. That’s why I won’t photo verify. "

That's the bit I don't get. You have a public profile with lots of pics on. So how would a photo of you with a piece of paper carrying a username be a problem? All the other pics are already in the public domain, as is your username. Are they not?

Manchester (she/her)

I don’t put anything online I wouldn’t be happy being out in the open if whatever site I use gets hacked. That’s why I won’t photo verify.

That's the bit I don't get. You have a public profile with lots of pics on. So how would a photo of you with a piece of paper carrying a username be a problem? All the other pics are already in the public domain, as is your username. Are they not?"

Someone I spoke to said that it's about connecting it all up. I would never put a full nude on Fab including my face, because that connects my professional persona (my face is necessarily part of that) to my sex life. Connecting username and face (body isn't always accepted, or wasn't for me) connects professional persona to sexual activities.

Chester

That's the bit I don't get. You have a public profile with lots of pics on. So how would a photo of you with a piece of paper carrying a username be a problem? All the other pics are already in the public domain, as is your username. Are they not?

Someone I spoke to said that it's about connecting it all up. I would never put a full nude on Fab including my face, because that connects my professional persona (my face is necessarily part of that) to my sex life. Connecting username and face (body isn't always accepted, or wasn't for me) connects professional persona to sexual activities."

This exactly. I have no pictures of my face on Fab. I have zero wish to connect face with username.

Manchester (she/her)

Someone I spoke to said that it's about connecting it all up. I would never put a full nude on Fab including my face, because that connects my professional persona (my face is necessarily part of that) to my sex life. Connecting username and face (body isn't always accepted, or wasn't for me) connects professional persona to sexual activities.

This exactly. I have no pictures of my face on Fab. I have zero wish to connect face with username. "

This person cautioned me (when I was new on Fab) to never connect face to nudity. Creates deniability. If my nudes leak, well, it could be anyone, you don't know that's me. If my face leaks, well, there are pictures of my face on the internet, there's no way to prove where someone got that. Together, it proves I'm here, and I don't want that known in professional settings, for obvious reasons.

Chester

This exactly. I have no pictures of my face on Fab. I have zero wish to connect face with username.

This person cautioned me (when I was new on Fab) to never connect face to nudity. Creates deniability. If my nudes leak, well, it could be anyone, you don't know that's me. If my face leaks, well, there are pictures of my face on the internet, there's no way to prove where someone got that. Together, it proves I'm here, and I don't want that known in professional settings, for obvious reasons."

Completely agree with that advice. Face or nudity; never the two together.

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 7 weeks ago

Manchester

Thank you."

We think it should go a stop further and be either video or photo id required for verification

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 7 weeks ago

Manchester

This person cautioned me (when I was new on Fab) to never connect face to nudity. Creates deniability. If my nudes leak, well, it could be anyone, you don't know that's me. If my face leaks, well, there are pictures of my face on the internet, there's no way to prove where someone got that. Together, it proves I'm here, and I don't want that known in professional settings, for obvious reasons."

If someone leaked a face attached to nudity they could get jail time and placed on the register.

By *ORBCouple 7 weeks ago

Dundalk

We had no option. We had to be photo verified before we could post on the forums.

We don't have facepics on here and our verification pic was a nude body pic.

Chester

This person cautioned me (when I was new on Fab) to never connect face to nudity. Creates deniability. If my nudes leak, well, it could be anyone, you don't know that's me. If my face leaks, well, there are pictures of my face on the internet, there's no way to prove where someone got that. Together, it proves I'm here, and I don't want that known in professional settings, for obvious reasons.

If someone leaked a face attached to nudity they could get jail time and placed on the register."

But the photo would still be out there nevertheless. Best not to upload it in the first place as far as I’m concerned.

Manchester (she/her)

If someone leaked a face attached to nudity they could get jail time and placed on the register."

Yes. And my reputation would still be destroyed, so I won't be doing it.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 7 weeks ago

Middle England

We only ever meet people from this site at clubs.

We don't pre-arrange meetings therefore why does it matter to us if they are photo verified on here? If they are on here (and more recently less and less are) and we wish to keep in touch we've already met them in person!

So for us and the way we use the site photo verification doesn't mean diddly squat

By which time you've been publicly outed & "shamed" and your professional reputation damaged.

I don't understand why people don't understand this.

If people don't care about being outed or their professional profile being damaged that's fine.

Others are not so fortunate so choose discretion.

» Add a new message to this topic