FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > id stolen

id stolen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

does any body worry about their id being used? even if its some thing simple from someone using one of your pics to open a profile with it. or to even obtaining more info about you like d.o.b real name on e-mail.

the reaseon i asking is when i first started looking for sex online i used to use gumtree alot and e-mail face pic. i also used to have an e-mail that had real name and d.o.b. i think some of us may have done this as we didn't know any better.

do any of you have any experience of this?

i think sex sites and swinging sites are more pron to this maybe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

can we get serious replys please as its some thing that can affect us all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Luckily, nope.

I do not believe sex or swinging sites are more proned to this without the stats to prove it, sorry!

Providing one takes precautions, especially when it comes to e-mails by not clicking the links from unverified sources to avoid phishing, then the risk is low.

I use the web for all sorts of activities, shopping, booking hotels, transport etc... for a number of years, and only got phished once.

After that, I wised up, and luckily no repeated incident since.

By *andJ2227Couple  over a year ago

Swadlincote

I L was a single fem before i met J over a year ago.

When using the site as a single i had been bothered by a single male it got to the point of me having to block him because he wouldnt take the hint and leave me alone. We had got on ok to start with but then he just became abit weird.

Anyway few days or so after blocking him i started getting text messages and phone calls, i hadnt gave my number out that much and knew it was defo not on my profile. I asked the next person that rang me where they had got my number from and they basically told me about my 'couples' profile where it states my 'Husband' gives his permission for me to play with whoever and states ring or text anytime to arrange an appointment!

He had even included pics of me on the profile!

Admin were very helpful and got rid of the profile but i just couldnt believe someone could/would do this to someone.

Im always really careful now, guess you have to be. L x

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

must admit we have 'play' email and 'serious' email accounts but only ever had one of the serious ones hacked.

It is very cheap to have a personal domain name so that one can have personal e-mail address such as myself @ myname . com etc...

For play, I use one of my 2 hotmail addresses, and never one of my own personal ones

I have had this too me, I was on a different swinging site and met a single guy he was really nice guy and had several fun times with him they he turned. He opened a couples prfile on this site and started giving out my mobile number but also my home address!!! I joined this site to catch him out and once I did that I reported him to admin who were brilliant but I also reported him to the police because he kept arranging guys to turn up at my house with him so I got a restraining order taken out against him. I thought swinging is meant to be fun and sometimes people just ruins it but its not put me off I love sex too much!! xxx

Forum Mod

We hav'nt had this happen to us,we try to be as careful as we can with different email and phones for swinging and that has worked so far without any problems

But even with our usual emails I never open mail if I don't know who its from, I just delete it

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Same here we keep a totally seperate e-mail addy and everything for swinging

We even have 2 laptops we use for this kinda sites that we use for nothing else

Steve

» Add a new message to this topic