FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Swingers Giving Blood

Swingers Giving Blood

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arambar OP   Man  over a year ago

swindon

Just wondering whether any others here give blood regularly. I do it quite regularly but I've been wondering about something recently.

One of the questions they ask you to complete is along the lines of 'Have you had sex during the last 12 months with someone who has received payment for sex with money or drugs or someone who has injected drugs including body building drugs?'

As the number of sexual partners increases this question becomes more difficult to answer. I'm mindful of the fact that saying you're not necessarily able to truthfully answer questions such as the one above may lead to them refusing one's blood (rightfully or not, but that's for another debate).

Is the swinging lifestyle incompatible with giving blood? Do those of you who give blood skip over those questions?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I give blood everytime I'm called up and no I don't skip any questions - I answer them as honestly as I can

not allowed as I am bi.. annoys me.

"not allowed as I am bi.. annoys me."

Wonders if the same rule applies to gay females ?

Forum Mod

You can only answer the questions with the knowledge that you have

The same as non swingers that give blood,I have single friends that sleep with more people than I do and they give blood, I hav'nt given blood for a while but answer the questions as honestly as I can

"not allowed as I am bi.. annoys me.

Wonders if the same rule applies to gay females ?"

dont think...

and I get tested without fail every 6 months... offered them my results..

and I dont do bareback, or anal or any of the higher risk stuff.....

still no...

isnt the blood checked before its taken or given to next person?? sorry if that sounds stupid but surely it must be screened??xx

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

Wonders if the same rule applies to gay females ?"

i think the only ban for females is if they have had sex with a male who has had sex with another guy ( in which case its a 12 month ban )

there is a current campaign to review the rules for men who sleep with other men ...there are a number of countries where they are not banned from giving blood.

i cant unfortunately ..and its nothing to do with being bi lol

xx

Forum Mod

"isnt the blood checked before its taken or given to next person?? sorry if that sounds stupid but surely it must be screened??xx"

It is screened,cleaned and filtered even more now than it ever was and not because of sexually transmitted diseases but because of CJD

right cool i wasnt sure. iv never gave blood cause iv usually had a tattoo or piercing and u got to wait a yr. so why cant gay or bi men give blood is it becuase of lifestyle choice seems a bit stupid if it all screened n filtered??x

Forum Mod

"right cool i wasnt sure. iv never gave blood cause iv usually had a tattoo or piercing and u got to wait a yr. so why cant gay or bi men give blood is it becuase of lifestyle choice seems a bit stupid if it all screened n filtered??x"

I agree with you but it seems its an old rule that needs updating if it can be,probably from the 80s and early 90s when HIV was only associated by the media to gay and Bi men

i know this much if i needed a transfusion and i knew it was all screened filtered etc i wouldnt be givin a shit who donated it and what they did ! really needs updated!! xx

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

There's a belief within the Blood Transfusion Service that gay and bi men are more likely to be HIV positive. It's not one I agree with, as the gay and bi men I know are as much into safe sex as hetero people.

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

I am not allowed as I am diabetic.

that realy sucks

such a shortage of blood and gay/bi men cant give it

you would think in this day and age they would be able to take the blood and have a test done on it

every lil helps

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im not allowed to give blood either which is a pity as only 8% have the same blood group as me

im not allowed to give blood cos i have medical condition nothing serious just under active thyroid i think its daft alot of ppl in the world need blood transfusions every day

"Im not allowed to give blood either which is a pity as only 8% have the same blood group as me"
Likewise, I have a rare blood group but because of the heart medication I take I cant give blood.

By *arambar OP   Man  over a year ago

swindon

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I'm gonna carry on giving blood and just answer their questions as truthfully as I can.

I have discussed this with blood service before. Blood is screened for hiv and other virus. Not for CJD i'm afraid. The blood tests won't pick up recent infections. Our lifestyle prevents us from donating for a year after sex with someone who may be considered high risk. They may consider men who've had sex with other men in the future. But at the moment it's still no, unfortunately. If you think you may have had sex over the last year with someone who may be considered high risk, then don't. We have to consider the person who may receive the blood. If anyone wishes to discuss further-pm me, thanks.

Forum Mod

Your right about the CJD Emma,I made a mistake there,you can't donate if an member of your immediate family has had CJD

is that true? i never knew bi men couldnt give blood i actually find that quite insulting, cant you catch anything off a woman then?

I stopped giving bloody after i found out they was selling our bloody to other countries

"right cool i wasnt sure. iv never gave blood cause iv usually had a tattoo or piercing and u got to wait a yr. so why cant gay or bi men give blood is it becuase of lifestyle choice seems a bit stupid if it all screened n filtered??x"

i recently gave blood before christmas after waiting for 2 years because of my tats and piercing

anyway when i went and they asked why i had left it so long told them i had tats and piercing and had to wait the 2 years before i could give blood again the nurse then told me that the waiting time is now 4 months and not 2 years

so you dont have to wait so long now to give blood between tats and piercing

Yes the blood is screened and tested for everything. Been giving blood for the past 11 years. Always answer the questions correctly.

By *oveOnUpMan  over a year ago

Oxford

Oh my god, how outdated is that?? Amazing that this hasn't been changed.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Oh my god, how outdated is that?? Amazing that this hasn't been changed."

How archaic, they screen it anyways

I can't give blood any longer due to a blood transfusion I had to have 15 yrs ago, sadly

"Just wondering whether any others here give blood regularly. I do it quite regularly but I've been wondering about something recently.

One of the questions they ask you to complete is along the lines of 'Have you had sex during the last 12 months with someone who has received payment for sex with money or drugs or someone who has injected drugs including body building drugs?'

As the number of sexual partners increases this question becomes more difficult to answer. I'm mindful of the fact that saying you're not necessarily able to truthfully answer questions such as the one above may lead to them refusing one's blood (rightfully or not, but that's for another debate).

Is the swinging lifestyle incompatible with giving blood? Do those of you who give blood skip over those questions?

Thanks to anyone who replies."

do give when i can , one that always gets me is the tattoo question or the one where have you been to the far east etc etc , but yeah i answer honestly all the time which cuts dopwn when i can and cant by quite a bit

» Add a new message to this topic